Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding stories: How on earth do I...

Okay, having my first wedding and it's a disaster.

I cannot figure out how to walk down the isle. Like at all. I can only send down one sim at a time, I see no option to actually trigger the couple to be wed to walk down together?

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Did you click on the wedding arch?
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited May 2022
    Did you click on the wedding arch?

Yeah, but there is no option for "walking down the isle" there, so I assumed it was the wrong place to click?
    (edit: I definitely think this whole kit is extremely badly explained.)

Edit again: Yeah, that just made the Sims disregard the isle and just walk normally to the arch.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I believe 'get married' is the option.
    Okay, I don't understand how any of this work.

1. As stated above, I see no option to trigger the couple to be wed to walk down the isle together, clicking on the isle makes them just disragard the isle and walk directly to the arch.
    2. As far as I can tell you can't get the ring bearer to do anything, she takes the ring, goes to the isle, and then wander off. There is no way to make her part of the ceremony.
    3. Same with the Sim of honor, she just walks down the isle, then the AI takes over and she idles around before starting to talk to other people. There is no option I see that says how to make her take care of the cerememony
    4. The guest abandons their seats very quckly and just start talking about other things. At least that is consistent with the old kind of weddings.

I believe 'get married' is the option.

As I said, it just makes the sims walk to the arch, not down the isle, they ignore it completely and just get to the arch.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    edited May 2022
    Did you place an aisle down? I think you click on the aisle and then "send down..." I'm not sure though because I haven't used MWS to have a wedding in my game.
    haneul wrote: »
    Did you place an aisle down? I think you click on the aisle and then "send down..." I'm not sure though because I haven't used MWS to have a wedding in my game.

I figured it out. You click on the isle and choose "send down two sims" and then select the two to get married. There is no obvious option to send down the couple, you can pick any two sims of anyone invited. Which is why I disregarded that option until I had tried everything else.

Again, the whole wedding part of the pack is extremely badly explained. I definitely agree with all those who would want a cutscene: Go to event, click on arch, and everything you set in your planner plays out without you doing anything. That would have worked SO much better.

Also, having now tried the beach venue that comes with the pack I am definitely redesigning it, the High Seat for example is pointless since there is no way to make those chairs reserved for your couple. And the Champaign stand is pointing the wrong way, so every time you throw a toast your sim talks to the wall. At least it only have one arch unlike the one pre-built in the game... Oh and I will remove the piano and put in a stereo instead, or a speaking playing romantic music.

Anyway, lesson learned: Cake works fine. Wedding with "priest" works fine. Walking down the isle works fine. I will definitely do those again.
    All the extra roles are pointless tho, like Sim of honor etc, they add nothing to the ceremony whatsoever.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member

I cannot figure out how to walk down the isle. Like at all. I can only send down one sim at a time, I see no option to actually trigger the couple to be wed to walk down together?

Click on the end of the special runner. Make certain the arrows are pointing at the wedding arch. Once you click on the end, the Menu pops up. Choose send Sim. You can either send one or two Sims at a time. I use the two Sims for the recessional. The Father of my Bride never did take her down the aisle to my chagrin, but the recessional went pretty well.
    oc852A3.jpg
    uwzIUhf.jpg
    Zn7mtpY.jpg
    This is where it went wrong:
    NTwEGU1.jpg
    IeHfexS.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Click on the end of the special runner. Make certain the arrows are pointing at the wedding arch. Once you click on the end, the Menu pops up. Choose send Sim. You can either send one or two Sims at a time. I use the two Sims for the recessional. The Father of my Bride never did take her down the aisle to my chagrin, but the recessional went pretty well.
    oc852A3.jpg
    uwzIUhf.jpg
    Zn7mtpY.jpg
    This is where it went wrong:
    NTwEGU1.jpg
    IeHfexS.jpg

Thanks! I figured it out eventually, the key was to "send down two sims". What I was looking for was "walk down the isle together" or something similar. Especially since you can pick any two sims under the "send down two sims" option which automatically made me assume it was the wrong choice.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I think it's that way so you can have the bride's father walk her down the aisle, or any variation on that theme, but it would be nice if there were more detailed instructions somewhere without depending on the internet.