Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tartosa - Anyone else noticing glitches in the common areas?

I haven't seen anyone mentioning this, but I have to supervise my Sims all the time if telling them to jogg or bike around in Tartosa, they just randomly T-pose and switch to everyday clothes when jogging or biking along the paths / streets in the world.

I know a lot of bugs were present in this pack but I haven't read anything about this from anyone else?
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited May 2022
    Idk I can't really pinpoint it but i think the world is tad glitchy too so ive been avoiding it for now

maybe its just that theres lots of moving decor and lots of space off lot there and its driving my computer insane trying to handle it

well especially with seasons
    and honestly i am too scared to even use eco footprint there cause it was so buggy even with CoL world
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Idk I can't really pinpoint it but i think the world is tad glitchy too so ive been avoiding it for now

maybe its just that theres lots of moving decor and lots of space off lot there and its driving my computer insane trying to handle it

well especially with seasons
    and honestly i am too scared to even use eco footprint there cause it was so buggy even with CoL world

Yeah it seems more tied to pathfinding than specific spots; you have random areas (as in like a spot a few "build squares" wide) where you can't click "go home" from because the Sim claim there is no pathing to the home lot despite being on a public street. But the main issue is that if I am out jogging a Sim, suddenly for no reason they stand still, T-pose and change back to Everyday outfit. But if you then get them jogging again they can jog thru that same area with no issues.

So yeah, it seems to me, as an educated guess, the pathfinding is buggy. Which is weird because areas with much more complicated terrain in other packs work fine.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Tartosa works for me, but then again I only play vanilla. ;)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    if I am out jogging a Sim, suddenly for no reason they stand still, T-pose and change back to Everyday outfit. But if you then get them jogging again they can jog thru that same area with no issues.

That happens to me with jogging in any world. I thought the time allotted to a jog was just random. If it's been a short jog that day I either have them jog again or just come back home... is this a bug actually?
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited May 2022
    if I am out jogging a Sim, suddenly for no reason they stand still, T-pose and change back to Everyday outfit. But if you then get them jogging again they can jog thru that same area with no issues.

That happens to me with jogging in any world. I thought the time allotted to a jog was just random. If it's been a short jog that day I either have them jog again or just come back home... is this a bug actually?

Well how it is supposed to work is that the Sim jogs half the time, then turn around, and end up back home. But if your sim get low hygiene it will interrupt the jog. Or hit by lighting of course. Or freezing to death...
    The Sim is definitely not supposed to suddenly T-pose and then be back in normal clothes. If the jog stops it should still be in workout clothes and just stand still.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,828 Member
    I've had it happen once. I had my sim start off on the walkway on the lighthouse side of the bay and she jogged a short distance stopped, she didn't T-pose, and changed back into her everyday outfit. The first time she visited the lounge, when I clicked the home icon, she left like normal, but then kept stopping, then jog a few steps, stop, jog again, stop again, so on until I just had her use her phone to go home.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The house in the ocean crashes.