Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to get a super tall building that is still functional?

LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
Ok, so I've been trying to find some satisfactory method of building this tower for awhile now:
R2qu8kb.png

But I keep running into the issue of in order to make it aesthetically accurate, it has almost no functional floor space whatsoever, or if I try to make it more functional, it looks short and fat and just not what I'm going for.
I was wondering if any builders here might know through some combination of cheats how to make a tall building that is still functional?
"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast

Comments

• HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @Linamints , you can use the 'ConstrainFloorElevation' true/false cheat to make perfectly functioning highrise buildings.

You usually have 1or 2 levels on the bottom that sims can use, the middle part is just empty space but on the top you can build further usable levels.
    A skinny tower will obviously give you hardly any floor space especially as you will need the elevators that came with Late Night for sims to reach the top.

This screenshot shows what a basic 8x8 tower on a 10x10 base could look like.

ImhJk0D.jpg?1

It has is a fair bit of space whether you would want to use it for residential or community purposes.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you'd need more info on how to use the CFE cheat for highrise builds.
    Happy simming :D

• LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Hidehi wrote: »

Hi @Linamints , you can use the 'ConstrainFloorElevation' true/false cheat to make perfectly functioning highrise buildings.

You usually have 1or 2 levels on the bottom that sims can use, the middle part is just empty space but on the top you can build further usable levels.
    A skinny tower will obviously give you hardly any floor space especially as you will need the elevators that came with Late Night for sims to reach the top.

This screenshot shows what a basic 8x8 tower on a 10x10 base could look like.

ImhJk0D.jpg?1

It has is a fair bit of space whether you would want to use it for residential or community purposes.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you'd need more info on how to use the CFE cheat for highrise builds.
    Happy simming :D

Thanks! I'll give it a shot!
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast