Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to die by falling?

Is there a step-by-step quick, easy way to your sim dead by falling and not use cheats? Any help will do.

Comments

• Options
    TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    Assuming you're talking about rock climbing, the one thing I know for for sure is your Sim can only die by falling from the Croft Icefall, so you have to go on a mountain climbing expedition to get there. Now, don't quote me on this, because I've never tried it out--but my theory is as follows: the best way to get your sim to fall is to not do any rock climbing prep--no gear, no chalked hands, no nothing. Have them be at the lowest level possible for the climb (I think it's level six to even attempt Croft--before that you can only inspect climbing conditions, which isn't very life-threatening.) Have them perform the climb in inclement weather and bad climbing conditions. Have them climb when they're exhausted and/or their mood is low.

Again, only theories based on other gameplay activities like swimming. Never actually tried it out. My sims always seem to survive the Croft Icefall, which doesn't always play into the narrative I want, lucky stiffs. But I haven't tried all the methods yet. Good luck! (Did I just wish you luck on your attempts to off your sim? Yes. Yes I did.)
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Great title! :D
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Popping in to proudly announce my first rock climbing death.

The situation was as followes: Croft icefall, sims was focused, had stretched and chalked hands beforehand, but didn't wear climbing gear and it was snowing. His skill level was six. He fell, got the band aid moodlet (not the double band aid, the single one), then fell again, this time from quite high up, and grim reaper appeared.

Meanwhile his wife, with the same conditions, made it up the wall (and had to watch from up there, helpless :( ).

Another expedition member was still down the wall and able to plead with grim.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Popping in to proudly announce my first rock climbing death.

The situation was as followes: Croft icefall, sims was focused, had stretched and chalked hands beforehand, but didn't wear climbing gear and it was snowing. His skill level was six. He fell, got the band aid moodlet (not the double band aid, the single one), then fell again, this time from quite high up, and grim reaper appeared.

Meanwhile his wife, with the same conditions, made it up the wall (and had to watch from up there, helpless :( ).

Another expedition member was still down the wall and able to plead with grim.

Oh, I didn't realize the game has all this drama! :O I don't have the SE pack yet, but this sounds like good consequences.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Gum_BroGum_Bro Posts: 1 New Member
    > @TruthGamer96 said:
    > Assuming you're talking about rock climbing, the one thing I know for for sure is your Sim can only die by falling from the Croft Icefall, so you have to go on a mountain climbing expedition to get there. Now, don't quote me on this, because I've never tried it out--but my theory is as follows: the best way to get your sim to fall is to not do any rock climbing prep--no gear, no chalked hands, no nothing. Have them be at the lowest level possible for the climb (I think it's level six to even attempt Croft--before that you can only inspect climbing conditions, which isn't very life-threatening.) Have them perform the climb in inclement weather and bad climbing conditions. Have them climb when they're exhausted and/or their mood is low.
    >
    > Again, only theories based on other gameplay activities like swimming. Never actually tried it out. My sims always seem to survive the Croft Icefall, which doesn't always play into the narrative I want, lucky stiffs. But I haven't tried all the methods yet. Good luck! (Did I just wish you luck on your attempts to off your sim? Yes. Yes I did.)

Been wondering why Angela Pleasant died randomly. I looked at lillith gene tree and that's how I found she died from falling. Went all over the place looking for her urn or gravestone, can't find it. Went to the spot you're talking about before seeing this and figured that's where it happened. Sad no urn, I could've used my main sim to bring her back!
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    If you have the Fitness Stuff pack they can fall off the rock climbing wall too. It happened recently in my game. It was an elder and unfortunately I don't remember her skill level. It wasn't my active Sim so I don't know her emotion buffs either.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    mannanna wrote: »
    If you have the Fitness Stuff pack they can fall off the rock climbing wall too. It happened recently in my game. It was an elder and unfortunately I don't remember her skill level. It wasn't my active Sim so I don't know her emotion buffs either.

I suspect that the death was caused by overexertion not falling. Yes, falling there is possible, but it won't cause injury or death like rock climbing walls in Mt. Komorebi.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited May 2022
    The best way for a death by fall is to allow a previously injured Sim to try the climb again. Erik Cantrell fell once and was badly injured. I took him home, instead. He never did fulfill his dream of reaching the top of Mt. Komorebi.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    The best way for a death by fall is to allow a previously injured Sim to try the climb again. Erik Cantrell fell once and was badly injured. I took him home, instead. He never did fulfill his dream of reaching the top of Mt. Komorebi.

Yup, that is one of the requirements. Wise move as he can always fulfill his dream later when he's well.

The death requirements are those four:
    1. The sim must have stage one injury (as stage two prevents them from climbing).
    2. The sim must have level 6+ rock climbing skill.
    3. The sim must climb the tallest rock climbing wall, which is only located in mountain climbing excursions.
    4. If all of those are there, the sim must climb higher than first steps and fall. If a sim attempts to fall and immediately falls, it won't cause death and they'll give up immediately due to being injured.

And that's the info about the death. Of course blizzards, icy conditions, and climbing without equipment and unprepared will increase the chance of falling.
    While they can't climb with stage two injury, they can still shake vending machines to get stuck stuff out, though getting crushed by it will result in their death.

So, all the Snowy Escape deaths play into this injury system. There are two stages of the injuries and sims recover from them faster by using things that reduce uncomfortable moodlets (like Onsen).

Here are the following things that can cause injuries (the list may be incomplete):
    • Skiing, sledding, or snowboarding fails.
    • Falling while rock climbing when high enough (any rock climbing wall in Mt. Komorebi will do).
    • Getting crushed by vending machines.
    • Getting attacked by Mt. Komorebi wildlife.
    Tough it would be great to see this system expanded to other packs. After all, the football injuries from Discover University is a separate type of injury.