Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little Campers and Moonlight Chic (Available Now)

Comments

• MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    A teen focused kit is just as overdue, if not more so than Little Campers was. There needs to be a lot more teen focused gameplay. Phases and mood swings alone aren't enough. I wonder if the upcoming we get an EP this summer and it is Generations, will we be getting a teen kit in the roadmap. Little Campers could be the signal of more kits focused on the younger sims. Like you and many others I sure hope so. We'll find out in July.

I'm late to this party after an extremely busy past few days, but I'm still happy to be here. I'm definitely looking forward to Little Campers. I grew up enjoying fun times like the ones pictured in the teasers with my siblings, cousins, and neighborhood friends.

And I'm with you about a teen-focused kit being overdue. My resident Teen wholeheartedly agrees that there is more to her life stage than phases and mood swings. :)
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2022
    Where is that world in the Midnight Chic kit? Tartosa? I don't recognise it.
    I didn't recognize the one for Little Campers either. Is it a hint that we'll get a new world with the GP, or is it a current world with some different lots made just for promotional purposes?

I was looking at details in the worlds for clues as well. I have been trying to recognize all the buildings and bb items. But my guess is if there is a new world they won't let us see any of it until they put out more info for that pack.

TS4_SP32_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_01_004_1050x590.png
    TS4_SP32_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_02_004_1050x590.png
    TS4_SP33_OFFICIAL_SCREENS_01_001_1920x1080.png

I studied the pictures for BB items I never saw before. A new world could easily brig something new, and they might be tempted to display a random item. I couldn't see much though, except - what is the striped flag thing hanging o the wall on the top picture, left building? There is something golden ornament or metal decor/detail, not sure if it is in the item's texture or physical. Even if it is a new wall banner, it looks like it's not hanging straight down, and neither does it look like the 3 wallflags we got with Windenburg and University. Perhaps we got a new flag with Tartosa, which I don't own yet.

The black and white striped item looks like a sign to me. At the bottom there is a grey object with what looks like two screws, or bolts, that could be mounting thingies to attach it to the building, and the golden ornaments look like musical notes to me.

Yes, I missed the bolts. But have we that sign already in the game? If not, I assume it won't come with a kit, but a GP, and if so there might be a new world.

That sign doesn't look familiar. I've been through debug a couple of times recently and don't recall seeing it in there either, but after a while your eyes will cross and blur after trying to scan everything in debug.

Edit: I just went through my wall decorations and misc. decorations and didn't see anything like that sign.

You can find that sign on the night club in Willow Creek when starting a new game. It's a base game wall decoration item.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

In the tent, the little girl is hugging a new stuffed animal. Could that possibly be a wolfie?

Sasquatch/Bigfoot.

That makes sense. It looked like some sort of ape to me. As a matter of fact, my thought was Grape Ape in this instance. :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    edited May 2022
    A teen focused kit is just as overdue, if not more so than Little Campers was. There needs to be a lot more teen focused gameplay. Phases and mood swings alone aren't enough. I wonder if the upcoming we get an EP this summer and it is Generations, will we be getting a teen kit in the roadmap. Little Campers could be the signal of more kits focused on the younger sims. Like you and many others I sure hope so. We'll find out in July.

I'm late to this party after an extremely busy past few days, but I'm still happy to be here. I'm definitely looking forward to Little Campers. I grew up enjoying fun times like the ones pictured in the teasers with my siblings, cousins, and neighborhood friends.

And I'm with you about a teen-focused kit being overdue. My resident Teen wholeheartedly agrees that there is more to her life stage than phases and mood swings. :)

Little Campers has the makings to be the best kit that's been released so far. If not the best, certainly close to it. I buy all of them anyway to increase my CAS and BB options, but I don't always feel much excitement. This one is different, I'm excited to get it. It may just be my excitement for the werewolf GP that is making me so excited for this, but it really does look so good and offers more stuff in an area of the game that is lacking.

edited May 2022
    logion wrote: »
    Where is that world in the Midnight Chic kit? Tartosa? I don't recognise it.
    I didn't recognize the one for Little Campers either. Is it a hint that we'll get a new world with the GP, or is it a current world with some different lots made just for promotional purposes?

I was looking at details in the worlds for clues as well. I have been trying to recognize all the buildings and bb items. But my guess is if there is a new world they won't let us see any of it until they put out more info for that pack.

TS4_SP32_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_01_004_1050x590.png
    TS4_SP32_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_02_004_1050x590.png
    TS4_SP33_OFFICIAL_SCREENS_01_001_1920x1080.png

I studied the pictures for BB items I never saw before. A new world could easily brig something new, and they might be tempted to display a random item. I couldn't see much though, except - what is the striped flag thing hanging o the wall on the top picture, left building? There is something golden ornament or metal decor/detail, not sure if it is in the item's texture or physical. Even if it is a new wall banner, it looks like it's not hanging straight down, and neither does it look like the 3 wallflags we got with Windenburg and University. Perhaps we got a new flag with Tartosa, which I don't own yet.

The black and white striped item looks like a sign to me. At the bottom there is a grey object with what looks like two screws, or bolts, that could be mounting thingies to attach it to the building, and the golden ornaments look like musical notes to me.

Yes, I missed the bolts. But have we that sign already in the game? If not, I assume it won't come with a kit, but a GP, and if so there might be a new world.

That sign doesn't look familiar. I've been through debug a couple of times recently and don't recall seeing it in there either, but after a while your eyes will cross and blur after trying to scan everything in debug.

Edit: I just went through my wall decorations and misc. decorations and didn't see anything like that sign.

You can find that sign on the night club in Willow Creek when starting a new game. It's a base game wall decoration item.

I'll go have another look but I swear it wasn't in mine this morning. I still have my CC active and showing in my BB catalog so I could have overlooked fairly easy.

Apologies to all for getting hopes up if that is what happened.

Edit: Yep, it's on the back side of the building. I'm feeling really foolish for missing something so obvious.

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I enlarged my screen as much as I could and grabbed a pic.

The detail that caught my eye, and makes me think it's a sign....
    5HEc9wq.jpg?1

And I think the gold ornament is a thirty-second note that's been flipped over and modeled with a neon effect.
    f4PTtWi.jpg?2

So why of all the musical notes did they choose a thirty-second note? What is the significance of 32 in Sims 4? My first thought was it was a hint that it would be in the 32nd DLC, but there's already been 40 counting kits, SP, GP, and EPs. Is there any significance to 32 or was it just something random? Is that even a music note?

Let the debate begin....

My guess is that it was chosen for purely aesthetic reasons, or at least partly related to modeling the sign. After all, it would be simpler to make one depiction of a 32nd note (which also follows the vertical styling of the sign) than to make three depictions of quarter notes. Or maybe because the 32nd note is so fast it might refer to a preferred musical style for whatever type club the sign belongs to? That's about all I've got. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    VeeDub wrote: »

5HEc9wq.jpg?1

And I think the gold ornament is a thirty-second note that's been flipped over and modeled with a neon effect.
    f4PTtWi.jpg?2

So why of all the musical notes did they choose a thirty-second note? What is the significance of 32 in Sims 4? My first thought was it was a hint that it would be in the 32nd DLC, but there's already been 40 counting kits, SP, GP, and EPs. Is there any significance to 32 or was it just something random? Is that even a music note?

Let the debate begin....

My guess is that it was chosen for purely aesthetic reasons, or at least partly related to modeling the sign. After all, it would be simpler to make one depiction of a 32nd note (which also follows the vertical styling of the sign) than to make three depictions of quarter notes. Or maybe because the 32nd note is so fast it might refer to a preferred musical style for whatever type club the sign belongs to? That's about all I've got. :lol:

Um, yeah, about that debate, um, seems it's an existing sign that I was too blind to recognize.🙁 Wishful thinking on my part.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2022
    5HEc9wq.jpg?1

I am fairly sure I have seen this, and that it is a wall sign in the game. I feel like I remember thinking it looked cool for a bar with live music if that ever became an option. I will have to double check to be sure. I don't think the symbol means anything though.

EDIT

OMG I should probably make sure I am on the last page before replying! :grimace::confounded:

Never mind me. I am just here whistling..

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

5HEc9wq.jpg?1

f4PTtWi.jpg?2

Let the debate begin....

Um, yeah, about that debate, um, seems it's an existing sign that I was too blind to recognize.🙁 Wishful thinking on my part.

I noticed that after I posted. But what I said regarding design still might stand. That club was a jazz-themed club, if I recall, so the music style would still fit. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

5HEc9wq.jpg?1

f4PTtWi.jpg?2

Let the debate begin....
    Well shucks! Here we go!

Showtime VS. Generations
    5HEc9wq.jpg?1

I am fairly sure I have seen this, and that it is a wall sign in the game. I feel like I remember thinking it looked cool for a bar with live music if that ever became an option. I will have to double check to be sure. I don't think the symbol means anything though.

EDIT

OMG I should probably make sure I am on the last page before replying! :grimace::confounded:

I'll join you. We can whistle away our posts together.

I can't believe I didn't recognize the sign from the back of the Blue Velvet Lounge in Willow Creek. And that additionally I couldn't find it in my BB catalog, although I can claim a bit of a mulligan on that. If you could see how much content there is in game in both BB and CAS you'd understand why I lose the odd item.🕵️‍♀️🤣

5HEc9wq.jpg?1

f4PTtWi.jpg?2

Let the debate begin....

I noticed that after I posted. But what I said regarding design still might stand. That club was a jazz-themed club, if I recall, so the music style would still fit. :lol:

That is a good a theory and probably spot on. I am so heck bent on finding clues that I'm seeing, or not seeing in this case, all sorts of phantoms and ghosts.

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    The note is switched around. So if numbers switch too, then it will be 23. Is that not roundabout the age of sims as a game? Although sims 1 was released Feb 2000 the actual finishing of the game would have been end of 1999. Which is 23 years ago ;)
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    The note is switched around. So if numbers switch too, then it will be 23. Is that not roundabout the age of sims as a game? Although sims 1 was released Feb 2000 the actual finishing of the game would have been end of 1999. Which is 23 years ago ;)
    Or it's a reference to SpaceX CRS-23. And oh look, the word "dragon" appears exactly 20 times on that page. Imagine that, while you imagine dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Or it's a reference to SpaceX CRS-23. And oh look, the word "dragon" appears exactly 20 times on that page. Imagine that, while you imagine dragons.

Oh my gosh How did I not see that !!! Thanks for explaining that Gordy, I see it now and I imagine my little dragons from sims 1 being cuddled and played music as an egg and then hatching into glorious creatures that burned down my house but filled my heart with fire <3

BA0tHqc.png

5HEc9wq.jpg?1
    EDIT

I'll join you. We can whistle away our posts together.

I can't believe I didn't recognize the sign from the back of the Blue Velvet Lounge in Willow Creek. And that additionally I couldn't find it in my BB catalog, although I can claim a bit of a mulligan on that. If you could see how much content there is in game in both BB and CAS you'd understand why I lose the odd item.🕵️‍♀️🤣

Oh believe me, I get it. Half the time it takes me to do a build is just trying to find items. I have always been impressed how many builders seem to remember every item that is in the game, and just where to find it. I will see something as I am scrolling through and just be like, wth is that?

I started making rooms that are just collections of items for specific decor needs because otherwise I will forget that something really awesome exists. That is probably why I remembered the sign, just from going through things for my collections.

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    @Chaotic_Moira I just did a little math. I have 598 items just in wall decorations alone. And that's with only my maxis match cc. Put the alpha back and I'd be over 700, 800 maybe. No wonder I couldn't find it.
    @Chaotic_Moira I just did a little math. I have 598 items just in wall decorations alone. And that's with only my maxis match cc. Put the alpha back and I'd be over 700, 800 maybe. No wonder I couldn't find it.

Oh wow! Yeah, I don't even have a whole lot of cc and I can't remember things, lol.. I would guess I have about 200 pieces of cc in my whole game, CAS AND BB.

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2022
    We need more for kids than just a few skins. We need a proper Stuff Pack with clothes and gameplay.

But of course, EA can charge us more if they give us clothes and BB separately. You get less clothes in a Kit than you get clothes in a Stuff Pack, despite the claim of it being dedicated. I tried to warn everybody at the time but they said I was overreacting.

Now this kind of thing happens.

In the meantime, our last Gameplay kit felt more like a Stuff Pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I was a little excited when the camping style kit was teased, but after doing a bit of research my excitement faded. Just more stuff to look at that doesn't seem to add much in the way of new game play. Granted, it is only a kit and that generally translates into no new activities. But I was hoping for a bit more even if this kit isn't a refresh for OR. I expect that refresh to be in the form of an update, though, and could be coming to us soon. Unless something new comes out about this kit, I doubt I will buy it or the new CAS kit. I have a ton of stuff to look at in my game these days. But very little in the form of new activities. :/
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    The only thing that concerns me about the camp kit is that the tv,car and some other items can be made by kids. I hope thier also in buymode and not locked to creating.

The kit description specifies a “DIY aesthetic”, ie those items only look handmade, Sims don’t actually create them. The gurus have already said on Twitter there is no new gameplay, only new versions of existing gameplay objects (eg tv, radio, and giant toy from BG, fire pit from OR etc)

Edit: The car is an activity table and the rocket is a dollhouse:

I'm actually satisfied that these items are reskins of existing GP objects for a kit. Having so many view only decor makes me upset. I want interactive GP for objects. The best would be new GP of course. But for a b/b kit, I'll accept interactive reskins. But I will add that I wish this kids theme was more fleshed out for a stuff pack. Lost opportunity especially for sleeping bags, normal sized telescope, and lounging on the ground interactions. My hope is that these things can still be added with an Outdoor Retreat Refresh.
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    I watched a video by Simmer Erin entitled "New Sims 4 Kits Revealed-With Gameplay?Plus Werewolves Gamepack Hint". In it she shows an article for Moonlight Chic kit that was translated from Portuguese that said "dress up for a night to remember in the City of Love". Maybe a hint for a new world coming up in either GP or EP?

I saw that hint of a City of Love too. It makes me wonder if they might combine a dating game pack with a werewolves theme. I do not play occults, so the only reason I might be interested is if the new world in the upcoming game pack offers something else -- some realistic gameplay balanced with the werewolves theme. The only appealing thing with the Vampires GP was the pipe organ so I really cannot justify buying it otherwise. I know occult players really want werewolves to be fleshed out but with the road map suggesting after dark content, I really want more than just werewolves. I hope many different style players can be satisfied.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Ha, I think it was me that brought it up, sorry for the false sign alarm, I had the game since release and still don't recall ever seeing that sign, LOL. But I did redecorate the jazz club pretty early, so maybe I accidentally removed that sign.

Wish there was another new object in one of the pics, it's been interesting reading the discussion :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    @Simmerville That was me who created the false alarm thinking I'd found something new. What's funny is the number of times over the years that I've had a sim play the piano on the back porch of Municipal Muses and I never noticed that sign right next door. I need new glasses apparently.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Ok, so with the musical note sign maybe it's a hint at new musical instruments. Hopefully like drums, trumpets & flutes.
    Yeah I know, I'm just thinking outside the box again. ;)