Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scenarios and switching households

I want to move in another sim in my world to be my making money scenario sims love interest but if i switch to them and then back to my scenario sim will the scenario sim be canceled?

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,962 Member
    edited March 2022
    If you have put your scenario sim in a house, played them a little and saved the game, they should be saved. After Saving them in their house then go into create a sim, your scenario sim should still be there. But you can create another household. I have a scenario save where I have 4 scenario households so far. But if I wanted I could add a non scenario household to it too.
    After making sure your first scenario is saved, to make another scenario sim you will probably need to go back to the main screen, go into scenario’s again and then put that new household in the same save your other scenario is in, but put them in a different lot.
  • DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    If you have put your scenario sim in a house, played them a little and saved the game, they should be saved. After Saving them in their house then go into create a sim, your scenario sim should still be there. But you can create another household. I have a scenario save where I have 4 scenario households so far. But if I wanted I could add a non scenario household to it too.

thank you so much now if my scenario sim invites a non scenario sim to live with them how does that work i think if a non scenario sim invites a scenario sim to live with them it cancels the scenario so thought if did it the other way round it keeps the scenario
    edited March 2022
    Yeah, I’m not sure about that as I haven’t done it. But I would think you could move the non scenario sim into the the scenario sims household ( like you said, invite them to live with you ). Once you finish ( complete the scenario ), you can probably do what you want with your sim since the reward would probably be attached to your sim.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    In "Making Money" the scenario sim can invite other sims to live with him without canceling the scenario. I moved in a few helpers when I played this scenario. When the household reached the goal, everyone got the reward.

It doesn't work for some other scenarios.
    edited March 2022
    In one of my scenario households ( the carnival one ) I made a teenage sister to go along with the young adult scenario sim. I think in that scenario I also got their traits and some extra money by doing the story mode of whatever it is called when making the sims where they ask you questions. I’m not sure you could do that with a money based scenario though.
  • DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    In "Making Money" the scenario sim can invite other sims to live with him without canceling the scenario. I moved in a few helpers when I played this scenario. When the household reached the goal, everyone got the reward.

It doesn't work for some other scenarios.

thanks i had a non scenario sim invite my scenario sim and they didnt have the scenario anymore so i thought the other way round would work
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    no, but there is no flag that helps you keep track of your household with the scenario.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.