The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long have you played the Sims 4 for?

2...Next

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Over 7 years
    Christmas of 2014. And I still have my main save that started then ( has had a lot of save as for it ). It has grown over the years. Now I have started a new scenario save as well. Started playing Sims 1 awhile after it began. Played Sims 2 ( my favorite so far ), started Sims 3, but hated the rabbit holes so didn’t get but a pack or two and stopped playing in favor of an online game my kids and I played. Shared the game and computer with 2 daughters with the 1st and second iterations, and a bit with the 3rd. Sims 4 is the first iteration so far that I have had a complete set ( so far ) of packs and kits, and not felt compelled to share my laptop and game with my kids or vice versa, sims 2 was on my oldest daughters computer. ( they are both grown now, and only my oldest still plays ). I use no mods or CC, so I like it when big and small packs/kits come out. I can’t wait for the little campers kit. I have been wanting more things for children, toddlers, teens and Elders. I’m also hoping body hair will come out with werewolves, and looking forward to new items, gameplay, and world in the gamepack as well. I remember playing SimCity too back in the day…
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    3 to 5 years
    I started playing it when get famous came out which I think was about 3-4 years ago. Not because of get famous but because I could finally afford a new laptop to play it on.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Over 20 years, starting with TheSims and the Unleashed ep.
    Have played them all including Medieval.
    Hopelessly addicted.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    Over 7 years
    My daughter & I have only become simmers since 2011 when she unexpectedly spot the Sims 4 packs. And now we like both Sims 3 & Sims 4 plus Sims Medieval.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Over 7 years
    I actually was one of the people who preordered it. The first 2 or 3 years Sims 4 was out I basically played it like a mobile/casual game, since it had about that level of content, but not as good as Sims Freeplay. Of course, Freeplay had been out much longer than that, so had far more features. But at least Sims 4 didn't have all these ads and didn't put Sims lives in real time, and you could go back and get content later. I always was quite annoyed that just because I work full time, or maybe go on vacation without wifi, I was missing out on content I wanted. For this same reason, I missed the Summer concerts Sims 4 events last summer, sadly. These days, I only have time to play on weekends.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    1 to 3 years
    I bought the game in summer 2020 to play with Island Living and Seasons, because I wanted vacations B) , but I wasn't able to go under sunlight safely. :'(
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited May 2022
    Less then a month!
    I'm being fair here and excluding the first week of release I played it back in 2014 before never touching it again, because all I did back then was make a family of 7 guys (and Darth Vader) woohoo eachother in a cramped box house then went back to the older Sim games for the next however 7(already!?) years. I pretty much stopped playing it as fast as I started.

Pretty much just under a month of playtime now having decided to pick up playing it again now it's a little more feature complete and mods have properly taken shape. Which has certainly helped a lot to keep me playing it for more than the single week back then.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Boondoggle1960Boondoggle1960 Posts: 18 Member
    Over 7 years
    I've played video games since "PONG" (aka 1972), purchased the first Sims in 2000 when it was released.
    I've always been a gamer (real life is just my hobby).
    No matter what game/genre I'm currently playing, I always seem to return to The Sims franchise from time to time, just to relax and play something casual.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Over 7 years
    Skyrryx wrote: »
    I bought the game in summer 2020 to play with Island Living and Seasons, because I wanted vacations B) , but I wasn't able to go under sunlight safely. :'(

Let me guess: Vampires and beaches don't mix.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Over 7 years
    How long have you played this game for?
    Does the CAS Demo count? LOL! That's actually where I created my legacy founders. Though their most recent incarnations were edited by a friend.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    5 to 7 years
    It's been seven years. I started playing the sims 4 a couple of years after it came out because the base game lacked so many features that I loved. So I continued to play the sims 3 during that time. Now I play between all four sims games depending on my mood and what I want to do within the game.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    1 to 3 years
    The Sims 4 was my introduction to the franchise in general...since 2020.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,322 Member
    3 to 5 years
    It will be 5 years this summer, but I forget which month. I was still playing Sims 3 up until then. I took an interest in Sims 4 after toddlers and vampires pack were added, and I got the base game when it went on sale for $12 during a summer sale.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    3 to 5 years
    3 years and some months, though lately I haven't played much, because I need/want to focus on other stuff and haven't had inspiration to play.
  • AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    Over 7 years
    I've been playing since The Sims 1. The game came for free with my new computer. I haven't looked back since!
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    1 to 3 years
    Since the question specifically mentioned Sims 4, I answered the question with regards to that version only. I got TS4 just over a year ago. I was a teenager when TS1 was released, and I played it for a while. I rediscovered The Sims when I was looking for relaxing pastimes during the worst of the pandemic, and bought TS3.

If I count all the time I've spent playing various Sims games, I'd move into the "3-5 years" category.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Over 7 years
    Bought the game (physical copy) on release day, just like I did with Sims 1, 2 and 3 :smile:
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Over 7 years
    Since it came out. Was even crazy enough to pre-order along with the whatever they called it extra stuff. I was operating under the delusion that 4 would be a blend of the best parts of 2 (my still is favorite) and 3 with enhancements for smooth operating on new machines. Had been an ardent simmer since 1 came out, so presumed the best. Ah, well. Live and learn.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    edited May 2022
    There needs to be an 'I dont remember' option...coz I really dont!
    Feels like Ive been playing for ages though. Also I have no idea which versions Ive played either, just that when people point out various features or music I usually remember it. I feel like I have probably missed at least 1 version of the sims though.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    1 to 3 years
    Since march 2020 for real. Previously I tried the game in 2019. Before that I had a long break between 2010 (TS3 base game) and 2020 but in general I started to play The Sims in 2002.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,010 Member
    edited May 2022
    Over 7 years
    I joined the forums over 10 years ago in March 2012, but I was playing before then. Not sure when. I haven't played Sims 1, but have played TS2, TS3 & TS4 and a little bit in Medieval and Freeplay.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    Over 7 years
    I pre-ordered this iteration once they stated it would be a single-player game. I've been playing it since it was released in September of 2024.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    5 to 7 years
    Sims 4 was the first in the franchise that I DIDN'T buy at launch. I saw how watered down it was in terms of content compared to past games and the maps looked like it was meant for mobile. I was happy with TS3 and I played that for a few more years until TS4 added toddlers. I jumped in around the time Vampires was released and I was so happy that I'd waited. It still lacked (IMO) compared to TS3 so I played them both for a bit but now I almost exclusively play TS4.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Over 7 years
    Been playing ts4 since it came out. And the sims overall since 2000? I took a break when ts3 came out. I really didn’t like that iteration. But I’m loving ts4 🥰