Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are woodworked plumbing items really not off the grid?

So, I had this idea and was excited to have my outdoorsy sim level up her woodworking skill and then furnish her off-the-grid home with woodworked items, including a the toilet and bathtub. But, once she'd made them, it looks like they don't have the "functional off-the-grid" designation? Is that really true? Or, ARE they really functional off-the-grid but it's just labeled as such in the item description because it's a crafted item? If it's the latter, please let me know, and if it's the former...well, I hope they update and change that, cause that just seems so weird to me, that a wooden toilet you literally carved yourself wouldn't be one of the toilets considered functional off-the-grid lol.

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2022
    The poor quality variants of the woodwork items are meant to be, I believe, but not the good ones. They look more OTG too.

Try crafting them in a bad mood?
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited May 2022
    I've managed to use both OTG.
    I'm looking at them now (both good and poor variants), and both have the designation (not when moused over in live mode, but when picked up in B/B or moused over in the catalogue).
    As well, I'm able to use the OTG options for both ("Take Quick and Tepid Bath" (tub) and "Water-Saving Flush"/"Turn Off Utility Usage" (toilet)).

With no water, any toilet seems to work just fine for usage whilst OTG, but cannot be flushed. OTG toilets can be flushed using the "Water-saving flush" option. Tubs cannot be used without water, but OTG tubs can be used with the "Take quick and tepid bath" option. The crafted ones work just so.

Hope that information helps.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Tub and toilet are excellent quality, and I'm not getting those "water-saving flush" or "quick and tepid bath" options, which is what I noticed initially that made be check them in build/buy mode and saw that neither had the "functional off the grid" designation there. Do they need to be higher quality than excellent do you think?
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited May 2022
    Beyond what I see, I couldn't tell you. The quality shouldn't influence the designation or function.
    I had no mods in, my game is patched to recent, and I even crafted two new ones to make sure.

Just to rule it out, do you own Eco Lifestyle?
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited May 2022
    Well, you need to gather water a lot to use the off the grid toilets ( or have the dew machine ). I haven’t tried the homemade ones yet on an off the grid lot.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I do own Eco Lifestyle, and the lot in question has a major water surplus from various eco build things, so I don't think it's a lack of water. Other off the grid plumbing objects work fine, just not the woodworked ones.

I'll repair my game, and see if that helps.