March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little Campers and Moonlight Chic (Available Now)

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    why does it take so many packs to just do something on your backyard and why the basics still don't exist after all these packs

@Simmingal by "the basics" do you mean... like for example how we can't sit down on the ground in the backyard yet??
    gen3-banner.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 aw, children will find a way around prejudice any way they can! lovely to hear your story and see the sim versions of little you and friend.
    gen3-banner.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

In the tent, the little girl is hugging a new stuffed animal. Could that possibly be a wolfie?

It's a Bigfoot.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The only thing that concerns me about the camp kit is that the tv,car and some other items can be made by kids. I hope thier also in buymode and not locked to creating.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    The only thing that concerns me about the camp kit is that the tv,car and some other items can be made by kids. I hope thier also in buymode and not locked to creating.

I don't know about the car. But I am pretty sure the projector (TV) and the blanket fort are both BB items that are remade from objects from other packs.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Where is that world in the Midnight Chic kit? Tartosa? I don't recognise it.
    I didn't recognize the one for Little Campers either. Is it a hint that we'll get a new world with the GP, or is it a current world with some different lots made just for promotional purposes?

I was looking at details in the worlds for clues as well. I have been trying to recognize all the buildings and bb items. But my guess is if there is a new world they won't let us see any of it until they put out more info for that pack.

TS4_SP32_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_01_004_1050x590.png
    TS4_SP32_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_02_004_1050x590.png
    TS4_SP33_OFFICIAL_SCREENS_01_001_1920x1080.png

I studied the pictures for BB items I never saw before. A new world could easily brig something new, and they might be tempted to display a random item. I couldn't see much though, except - what is the striped flag thing hanging o the wall on the top picture, left building? There is something golden ornament or metal decor/detail, not sure if it is in the item's texture or physical. Even if it is a new wall banner, it looks like it's not hanging straight down, and neither does it look like the 3 wallflags we got with Windenburg and University. Perhaps we got a new flag with Tartosa, which I don't own yet.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,665 Member
    edited May 2022
    I didn't recognize the one for Little Campers either. Is it a hint that we'll get a new world with the GP, or is it a current world with some different lots made just for promotional purposes?

I was looking at details in the worlds for clues as well. I have been trying to recognize all the buildings and bb items. But my guess is if there is a new world they won't let us see any of it until they put out more info for that pack.

I studied the pictures for BB items I never saw before. A new world could easily brig something new, and they might be tempted to display a random item. I couldn't see much though, except - what is the striped flag thing hanging o the wall on the top picture, left building? There is something golden ornament or metal decor/detail, not sure if it is in the item's texture or physical. Even if it is a new wall banner, it looks like it's not hanging straight down, and neither does it look like the 3 wallflags we got with Windenburg and University. Perhaps we got a new flag with Tartosa, which I don't own yet.

The black and white striped item looks like a sign to me. At the bottom there is a grey object with what looks like two screws, or bolts, that could be mounting thingies to attach it to the building, and the golden ornaments look like musical notes to me.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member

The black and white striped item looks like a sign to me. At the bottom there is a grey object with what looks like two screws, or bolts, that could be mounting thingies to attach it to the building, and the golden ornaments look like musical notes to me.

Yes, I missed the bolts. But have we that sign already in the game? If not, I assume it won't come with a kit, but a GP, and if so there might be a new world.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I have all the packs so I don't remember all the detailed bb objects. However, I would so love a new dark nighttime world. ;)
    edited May 2022
    I enlarged my screen as much as I could and grabbed a pic.

The detail that caught my eye, and makes me think it's a sign....
    5HEc9wq.jpg?1

And I think the gold ornament is a thirty-second note that's been flipped over and modeled with a neon effect.
    f4PTtWi.jpg?2

So why of all the musical notes did they choose a thirty-second note? What is the significance of 32 in Sims 4? My first thought was it was a hint that it would be in the 32nd DLC, but there's already been 40 counting kits, SP, GP, and EPs. Is there any significance to 32 or was it just something random? Is that even a music note?

Let the debate begin....
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Thank you @RoseQuartz & @mightysprite! ☺️
    edited May 2022

Yes, I missed the bolts. But have we that sign already in the game? If not, I assume it won't come with a kit, but a GP, and if so there might be a new world.

That sign doesn't look familiar. I've been through debug a couple of times recently and don't recall seeing it in there either, but after a while your eyes will cross and blur after trying to scan everything in debug.

Edit: I just went through my wall decorations and misc. decorations and didn't see anything like that sign. I'm with you @Simmerville if it's coming it's going to be in the GP. If that's coming with a new world in the GP that means it's likely a city world, but will it be the grungy, dark London-esque world that would be so perfect for werewolves?
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    It seems like we are getting a lot of items in the little campers kit. Yes, I know a lot are reskins but I don't really mind that because it is more variety and something different and it is just a kit.As a rotational player with a lot of families my sim children are going to be thrilled!
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

In the tent, the little girl is hugging a new stuffed animal. Could that possibly be a wolfie?

I think that's a gorilla.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 that was actually a very heart warming story! I just don't understand why so many children grow out of the unconditional love we have for eachother as humans and start to discriminate so much. Children will love and play with eachother no matter the race, hue, religion or anything else. And I wish we could always carry that with us. But thanks for sharing!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    I hope the team realizes that more children's content is the way to go! Not only do we need more of it but It's an easy win for them because no matter what kind of player you are toddlers and kid stuff WILL make you swoon rather you want to or not. Your heart just has to go awwwww🥺🥺🥺🥺
    This was a missed stuff pack opportunity to add more sim on sim games though like board games on the ground, tag, mary mack etc.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited May 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »
    why does it take so many packs to just do something on your backyard and why the basics still don't exist after all these packs

@Simmingal by "the basics" do you mean... like for example how we can't sit down on the ground in the backyard yet??

well it is one of the many examples one could name

and probably the thing that bothers me most really cause i am serial floor sitter

its the perfect way to greet all the doggos and cattos and not be part of adult conversations

and something about my sims kids and teens sitting on chairs with their legs perfectly straight at all times bothers me

also just like all kinds of small things like kids not having interactions to play outside and not having that reasonably sized telescope or not having hammocks serious lack of any outdoor games etc like idk how many packs that all is gonna take when we already have so many on this theme
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    My three girls have all aged up to adult so I need a child in the household by Thursday. Working on that scenario this weekend.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member

That sign doesn't look familiar. I've been through debug a couple of times recently and don't recall seeing it in there either, but after a while your eyes will cross and blur after trying to scan everything in debug.

Edit: I just went through my wall decorations and misc. decorations and didn't see anything like that sign. I'm with you @Simmerville if it's coming it's going to be in the GP. If that's coming with a new world in the GP that means it's likely a city world, but will it be the grungy, dark London-esque world that would be so perfect for werewolves?

I wonder if we are getting a music/band themed expansion pack this summer... could be the world from that 🤷‍♀️
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Werewolves won't come with the kits, guaranteed. They're included as teasers in the kit promos just to get us wound up for the GP reveal this coming week or the week after.
    It is related because it is all based on the "After Dark" theme. Dressing up for a night out, backyard campouts, and werewolves are all things tied to night.
    Which is it now?

I hope werewolfs come like vampires with a game pack but I dont trust the devs at all with this. Especially after the dust kit.
    This is exactly why Im trying to get one of the Gurus to elaborate so the guessing stops. Its no fun to be overhyped about the kit and then discover it doesnt contain werewolf content that was hinted at the same time as the kit stuff.
    Zasz wrote: »
    Werewolves won't come with the kits, guaranteed. They're included as teasers in the kit promos just to get us wound up for the GP reveal this coming week or the week after.
    It is related because it is all based on the "After Dark" theme. Dressing up for a night out, backyard campouts, and werewolves are all things tied to night.
    Which is it now?

I hope werewolfs come like vampires with a game pack but I dont trust the devs at all with this. Especially after the dust kit.
    This is exactly why Im trying to get one of the Gurus to elaborate so the guessing stops. Its no fun to be overhyped about the kit and then discover it doesnt contain werewolf content that was hinted at the same time as the kit stuff.

@Chaotic_Moira was only pointing out the kits and GP are tied together by a theme, After Dark. Werewolves are only one of the three elements that fall under the larger theme. The dev's are just using the kit promos to drop hints about the game pack. That GP will have our wolfies. No proper occult has ever been added by anything less than a GP. That's not going to change now.🙂
    MichelleW wrote: »

I wonder if we are getting a music/band themed expansion pack this summer... could be the world from that 🤷‍♀️

I would love to have bands and an active singer career. Singers were may favorite sims in TS3. Like 90% of my sims were singers that's how much I loved it, and it was active which was the cherry on the sundae.
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    edited May 2022

The kit description specifies a “DIY aesthetic”, ie those items only look handmade, Sims don’t actually create them. The gurus have already said on Twitter there is no new gameplay, only new versions of existing gameplay objects (eg tv, radio, and giant toy from BG, fire pit from OR etc)

Edit: The car is an activity table and the rocket is a dollhouse:

• maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I watched a video by Simmer Erin entitled "New Sims 4 Kits Revealed-With Gameplay?Plus Werewolves Gamepack Hint". In it she shows an article for Moonlight Chic kit that was translated from Portuguese that said "dress up for a night to remember in the City of Love". Maybe a hint for a new world coming up in either GP or EP?