Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little Campers and Moonlight Chic (Available Now)

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Where is that world in the Midnight Chic kit? Tartosa? I don't recognise it.

I guess that's just a lot in Willow Creek. Their marketing team is good at creating urban environments.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,967 Member
    I like the look of Little Campers. I'm not normally into kits, but this one does look cool!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,831 Member
    edited May 2022

I didn't recognize the one for Little Campers either. Is it a hint that we'll get a new world with the GP, or is it a current world with some different lots made just for promotional purposes? We'll find out in the next couple of weeks when we get word about the GP.

I would love to get a new world with the GP but only if it's a large world with lots of building opportunities that meshes with the theme many of us are dying for. Another small, cookie cutter world, simply for the sake of adding another world probably isn't on most people's wish list for this pack.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2022
    Too bad it is a kit as it looks good but still a no buy for me unless it is really cheap as I do not pay full price on anything EA/Maxis put out.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

Probably just a lot built up to look like a Parisian street.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    It looks like the camping kit isn't really adding new gameplay, just reusing the camp fire from outdoor retreat and swings from seasons and island living. I don't think it actually adds the ability to build the tent.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I don't see how this is related to Outdoor retreat either. The game has quite a lot of content now and you could basically relate anything they release to something that they have made before.

Tbh I just think this is the exact problem with ts4 packs

like its not this kit in specific that drives me crazy its just that we have so many packs with " going to backyard" theme already

multiple stuff packs,
    gamepacks,
    even eps really
    and now kit...

and yet the theme and packs remain incomplete when it comes to the actual gameplay

why is that
    why does it take so many packs to just do something on your backyard and why the basics still don't exist after all these packs like man lets just do another theme by now really
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I usually hold off judgement on CAS kits until release cause promo pics don't always do the content justice...but for the most part Im not too interested in what I see...EXCEPT the crop top (?) on the girl in the center and that pretty purple/blue dress.

First impression based off of promo has me thinking a lot of the items do look like MWS ideas/stuff that didn't make the cut, which is fine...sort of. I don't think that pack was short on CAS content (aside from specific things) but if it does have a lot of MWS-y stuff I worry it's gonna feel like My First Pet fiasco all over again.

Might be just me thinking that cause of the image's location, though. So idk.

~~

Little Campers doesn't seem like it'll offer any new gameplay but even though it's gonna be a reskin of existing items - a lot of the stuff looks great and suuuuper cute. I hope one day we can get a patch update to givek it's new lifetime goals/aspirations (or whatever their called, sorry I've been playing Sims 2 so my terminology may be off). Having only the same four for so long has been so painful.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Little Campers Gameplay Kit - instapurchase.
    another CAS kit - hard pass.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Little Campers kit - yes, indeedy, let me buy it now!
    Moonlight Chic kit - maybe... I spy gals camo trousers, which is a yay, but will wait and see it all before deciding.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    I don't see how this is related to Outdoor retreat either. The game has quite a lot of content now and you could basically relate anything they release to something that they have made before.

Tbh I just think this is the exact problem with ts4 packs

like its not this kit in specific that drives me crazy its just that we have so many packs with " going to backyard" theme already

multiple stuff packs,
    gamepacks,
    even eps really
    and now kit...

and yet the theme and packs remain incomplete when it comes to the actual gameplay

why is that
    why does it take so many packs to just do something on your backyard and why the basics still don't exist after all these packs like man lets just do another theme by now really

I think it's because they don't have a lot to work with.

The Sims 4 base game have not gotten a lot of development lately which have helped them in making new content, they are stuck with Oasis Springs, Willow Creek, bars, parks, libraries, gyms, night clubs and museums and the base game updates. Development is being divided now so they can release smaller content over time. SDX every month, several kits every quarter...
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    The camping kit may be the first one I'd be willing to pay that price for. I will still think it overpriced but everything is these days. I'm a sucker for kids content I guess.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    The Little Campers kits looks so cute. I'll have to wait for more info but it could possibly be the only kit I've actually wanted.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member

In the tent, the little girl is hugging a new stuffed animal. Could that possibly be a wolfie?
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I'm excited. These look like a lot of fun. The one for kids is adorable and will add more things for my kiddos to do. The CAS kit looks like it has a bunch of clothes that can replace some of the cc I used to download.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Oh my, that Little Camper kit = Childhood Nostalgia 100%. Sold. 🥺

Seeing the box art inspired me to honor my (back then) best buddy (who also happened to be my next door neighbor) by creating a sim version of him and my 9 year old cute self.
    Under NO circumstances were we allowed visit each other due to - something we couldn't quite understand at the time - religious differences (although now I suspect it's most likely because I looked like a weirdo...) That's right! I'm NOT the good looking boy with the short hair wearing shorts. Why captain, is the other kid a boy? Tis indeed.

Soo... instead we secretly set up our blanket forts elsewhere, a couple of blocks from where we lived: in and behind the graveyard. ☠️

The main objective of our biggest mission was to meet our mysterious friend Space Robot. Space Robot was due to visit us at some stage, we just didn't know when! Eventually my best friend and his family moved out of the area and to this day I still believe it was the worst heartbreak I've ever experienced. Am I getting sentimental here? Probably.

Since then I met my childhood buddy 4 times, twice as a kid, once as a teenager, once as a young adult. We never got the opportunity to meet Space Robot, although I think I might have encountered our mysterious friend once or twice - later in life... 🍺🍺🍺 🤖.

Spaceboys.jpg

I don't feel the same way about the other kit. That one just reminds me of all my romantic failures.
    The only way Moonlight Chic would end up in my collection is because I sneezed and accidently hit the purchase button.
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    What a sweet story, @CAPTAIN_NXR7!

@MVWdeZT - I think the big stuffed toy might be the Sims' version of a bigfoot/sasquatch.

I'm absolutely getting the Little Campers kit (looks SUPER adorable!) and will wait and see if Moonlight Chic has anything I can't live without.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

In the tent, the little girl is hugging a new stuffed animal. Could that possibly be a wolfie?

Sasquatch/Bigfoot.
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Love the Little Campers Kit concept.... it looks adorable and I can see simmers getting a lot of use out of the items based on the screenshot.

Will wait and see until it is released, but I can't help but wonder why did they not flesh it out a bit further and make it into a STUFF pack?! So far kits concepts have been very niche and I agree a kit is all they needed, but this one seems like a solid enough concept that an actual stuff pack with some additional new gameplay mechanics incorporated could have worked really well.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I didn't recognize the one for Little Campers either. Is it a hint that we'll get a new world with the GP, or is it a current world with some different lots made just for promotional purposes?

I was looking at details in the worlds for clues as well. I have been trying to recognize all the buildings and bb items. But my guess is if there is a new world they won't let us see any of it until they put out more info for that pack.

TS4_SP32_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_01_004_1050x590.png
    TS4_SP32_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_02_004_1050x590.png
    TS4_SP33_OFFICIAL_SCREENS_01_001_1920x1080.png

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    I didn't recognize the one for Little Campers either. Is it a hint that we'll get a new world with the GP, or is it a current world with some different lots made just for promotional purposes?

I was looking at details in the worlds for clues as well. I have been trying to recognize all the buildings and bb items. But my guess is if there is a new world they won't let us see any of it until they put out more info for that pack.

TS4_SP32_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_01_004_1050x590.png
    TS4_SP32_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_02_004_1050x590.png
    TS4_SP33_OFFICIAL_SCREENS_01_001_1920x1080.png

I really feel like they have a world we'll never see, and they turn their builders loose to create lots and scenes for promotional screenshots. Maybe there really is a new world coming with this GP, but I'm like you, they aren't going to let us see it in promotional screenshots for a couple of kits. Even if one of the kits is dropping huge hints at what the GP will be, their still not going to show us the world. That's another reason I think they have a 'throwaway' world or decoy world and they use it in situations like this where they know we're thinking a new world is coming so turn the builders loose with this decoy world to get us speculating.

On that new world note, I'm getting a sick to my stomach feeling if there is a new world coming, it's going to be a werewolf version of Forgotten Hollow. Forgotten Hollow, Glimmerbrook, and Tartosa, all small, all from GPs. I kind of don't want them to give us a world with this. Give us fog and let us put our wolves in Henford.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Why is it so difficult to find or get any official information about how this kit is related to the teaser that suggests werewolf content? I hope they arent related because it would be a huge disappointment if werewolfs come to sims 4 via this already overhyped kit instead of a gamepack.
    Zasz wrote: »
    Why is it so difficult to find or get any official information about how this kit is related to the teaser that suggests werewolf content? I hope they arent related because it would be a huge disappointment if werewolfs come to sims 4 via this already overhyped kit instead of a gamepack.

Werewolves won't come with the kits, guaranteed. They're included as teasers in the kit promos just to get us wound up for the GP reveal this coming week or the week after.

• Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Zasz wrote: »

It is related because it is all based on the "After Dark" theme. Dressing up for a night out, backyard campouts, and werewolves are all things tied to night.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |