Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS or BB Kits. What's your preference?

Thought it would be interesting if we had an overview on where people stand with purchasing these kits.
I realize pretty much everyone wants packs over kits, and everyone wants new game play kits over stuff..
But if you have accepted kits are a thing, and you do purchase them, which one interests you more?

I didn't put one for game play being the preference, because I assume 99% of people would say they prefer game play to anything else.
So AFTER game play, what is your preference?

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
| Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |

CAS or BB Kits. What's your preference? 123 votes

I buy every pack they put out, and that includes kits.
9%
elanorbretonalanmichael1catloverplayerashcrash19SheriSim57DaniRose2143AirakaleCheekyimpPlumbeebSiggDiggitdogzdinnerCalico45 12 votes
My preference is a CAS Kit. But I might buy a BB one if I really liked it.
8%
LeGardePourpreElnVldBeardedgeekloubyloulouannaliese39blur0seImSandsBlueR0seEvilyn_1007TTNsimmer 10 votes
I am only interested in new CAS items. No interest in BB.
2%
overonEricasFreePlayafai1261 3 votes
My preference is a BB Kit. But I might buy a CAS one if I really liked it.
27%
Bluegayleauroraael14bshag4lvbandit5alan650111ncisGibbs02SerraNolwenMagdaleenaYautjagirlduhboy2u2DragonAge_300905jcp011c2BabykittyjadeGracieO312pammiechickCeridwenOldeseadoggeQuaaymusteniHorrorgirl6 34 votes
I am only interested in new BB items. No interest in CAS.
0%
Martinv 1 vote
Both are about the same to me. It just depends if I like what is in it.
29%
MichelleWBlkBarbiegalColorist40JueJuehaneulsimgirl1010g01denswangreydonnSimplyJenRamblineRosegc6164EmmaVaneCAPTAIN_NXR7cyncieLatinaBunnyEnkiSchmidtDeeTsimsHearts4uxxxsillysimsGrumpyGlowfish 36 votes
I will ONLY buy kits that offer New Game Play! No interest in others. Never bought one, never will!
10%
BreeSashafreindlylolToriemlmeadowsMoonfoxNightcryFelicity1169Sorak4FanPhoriaAtreya33UncagedSongbirdPatriceZussageEternalSunshine 13 votes
I like turtles.
11%
CK213MelisendremitchiebanjoPlumbobCrossingviola-illyriaChadSims2MDianaSimsKyreRoenThriorBecka28SimmingalGreenTurtlemightyspritePhilSims 14 votes

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    edited May 2022
    I buy everything because I love having options. The more options to choose from the better, I can be more creative. Whether I'm in CAS or BB it's the same, I want to be able to create sims or builds using different styles and I don't want to be limited to just two or three choices in any one item. Dresses, skirts, jeans, heels, sneakers, counters, sinks, beds, sofas, I want as many things to choose from in any category as possible.
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I am only interested in new CAS items. No interest in BB.
    I have only purchased the Kits that include CAS options. I like to dress my Sims up in game.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited May 2022
    I like turtles.
    When I was just a litle gal there used to be small swimming hall in my village and they used to have turtle tank in the lobby and I loved to watch the turtle instead of socializing with the other kids but one day the turtle was no longer there :<

but to answer the actual question
    honestly I don't think I'm gonna buy kits anymore or at least for a while tho

because my computer has started to have issues with running the game smoothly since mws and I finally have it running okayish but I just don't want to test my luck with adding more to it really especially for something like just having few items more

that being said if i was not having performance troubles then idk

i guess it comes down to theme of kit really

build vs cas?
    well looking at kits that do exist...

yeah idk i do feel like i like the build ones better theres just something kinda meh and bleh about lot of the cas ones like it feels more like trip to h&m than trip to magical wardrobe of my dreams if u get me and i am usually rather less picky about furniture

then again i am also really curious for gameplay kits they seemed to throw straight out of window by now

hmn. guess i would be interested in anything magical really though
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I am not as committed to the answer as it sounds, but it is the closest to the truth.

Gameplay > BB > CAS

Bust the Dust will stay the best until we get more gameplay kits, but I do like Country Kitchen and Fashion Street.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    This is probably the closest answer. I have bought everything so far, but it doesn't mean I always will - it depends if I like the look of the pack or kit.

My preference for kits is gameplay, then BB and then CAS comes last.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Even though I buy every pack with kits I prefer buy build over cas.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    edited May 2022
    Im a completionist so Im compelled to buy all the packs! Generally I dont regret it though (except maybe the menswear kit...).
    Id go BB-gameplay-CAS. I find that no matter how badly received a pack is I still find something I use to death when Im building, like the blinds that came with My First Pet!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    1. New Occults
    2. New Worlds
    3. New Relationship interactions
    4. New Family play
    5. New Build Buy Modes
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I buy every pack (and kit) that comes out. I like having a lot of content in my game, especially since I don't use custom content anymore. Plus, I think it's good for me to give something a fair chance before I decide whether I like it or not. Originally, I did not like the idea of Bust The Dust, but ended up quite liking it after trying it out.

My preference has always been CAS kits though, since I get the most use out of those.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    edited May 2022
    I will ONLY buy kits that offer New Game Play! No interest in others. Never bought one, never will!
    Some of the kits look great but with so many bigger packs available I already overlook more than half of the clothes and furniture pieces because there is so much in my game already. I don't feel like spending money to just add new looks for my sims or their houses. Resisting to buy the first few kits was difficult but by now I can say I honestly I enjoy the game just as much without BB and CAS kits.

Never say never of course, if we ever get a really niche kit with futuristic or alien items or a historical kit, I might be persuaded. I am definitely interested in gameplay kits. Bust the dust is nice now that the constant inspired buff is toned down.

Edit : this is all based on the current price which is half a stuff pack for less content than half a stuff pack. If there is ever a sale, I might consider one or two kits, equally devided better cas and bb.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    My preference is a CAS Kit. But I might buy a BB one if I really liked it.
    I'm not much of a builder, so I'll only bother with BB kits if they look particularly nice/interesting.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I have a lot of CAS CC but only a little bit of BB CC, so I prefer the BB kits.

So far I've bought every BB kit and only one CAS kit, but having said that, I think I might get both kits coming out next week as they both have stuff I can see myself using.

It might also just be the themes they've chosen so far for the CAS kits as well. If they released more everyday kind of clothes or stuff for kids and toddlers I'd buy those in a heartbeat.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,000 Member
    I would prefer gameplay kits over BB and CAS, but as of yet there is not one kit that have interested me enough for me to buy. I will not go so far as to say that I wouldn't buy one that isn't gameplay though. From the looks of the pictures we've gotten, the little camper kit might be the first I buy though the lack of new gameplay in it still annoys me. Couldn't they have thrown in at least one new animation?
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    I don’t buy everything they put out, whether it’s EPs, GPs, Stuff Packs or kits, just because I have a particular play style that I buy for. I actually haven’t bought any kits, but I’d buy either CAS or BB if I liked what’s in it. The kits just haven’t hit my preferred aesthetic yet. I’d also buy gameplay kits if they contributed to my style of play. And, I like turtles.
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I tend to use BB more than new CAS simply because my CAS is mostly CC. Even then I tend not to buy kits that often unless it offers something fun and new. But if I do is BB I'm more picky about CAS
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I like build/buy or gameplay kits. I'll buy a CAS kit if it interested me.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

Team Green and turtles are wonderful creatures!
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I tend to buy every pack/kit but will sometimes wait on it for a bit. I'm a gameplay first then build/buy and then cas, unless cas is completely up my alley.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I like the kits but only buy if I like most of the content. I play and build as I like to change the worlds to fit my gameplay for each save. But I would like to see CAS kits for each age group, especially toddlers, children, teens and elders as compared to young adults/adults as they have very little, yet the CAS kits have all been for young adults/adults. I would love a B/B that reflects different eras with wallpaper and furniture. I need more colonial please!
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    So far the only kits I've bought have been Build/Buy. But that's only because they were the only ones with stuff in them that I loved so much I was willing to spend the money. It could happen with a CAS or gameplay kit. It just hasn't yet.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Build buy for sure I'm most likely to buy (unless it's a theme I just hate) - but if the CAS kit is really appealing, I'll buy it. Mostly planning to pass on CAS kits though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    And that the CAS is not a re-hash of what we already have.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I want all the things! 😄
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited May 2022
    I like having both new CAS and B/B, though I am not a good builder and download other people’s builds or create horrible layout homes, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited May 2022
    I like turtles.
    I probably should've picked the yellow option, but whatever.

I prefer CAS to either of the two, but aside from 'Throwback Fit Kit' (for the extra athletic wear), I'll only buy them if the ratio of masculine and feminine clothing is near even. Fashion Street had it almost 1:1 (feminine tops and bottoms were 2 less, but made up for with accessories), and though Incheon wasn't my thing, I might get it because feminine items are only 2 over masculine. I'm a guy. I like traditionally guy clothing. I play my simselves mostly. I'd like to have more options for dressing them.

Build/Buy I'll limit to packs. Same with gameplay. I'll never say never, but I will say it's highly unlikely.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).