Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guy's encyclopedia!

ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
Howdy! Welcome to Guy's Encyclopedia! This is a encyclopedia guide to let your new and experienced Simmers have yourselved down to mastering your Sims journeys! My guide is a mixup of all my gameplay, and notes that I take, and also some wikipages as well. This first part of the thread is for Basegame only, until we continue with the next thread posts!

Notes:

• Do not copy my work as you will have a high chance of getting reported. You are allowed to share this thread to other Simmers.

• I am NOT responsible for any damages caused by your game from this forum teachings. This is a no-mod encyclopedia for the Sims 3 and 4.

• Please comment on my page if you like it!

• For Simmers who want to contribute to this page, you must ask me first.

Mechanics of this thread

All chapters will go by A to Z.

Posting new chapters may be long or short time depending on the time we have.

Basegame only for the first few chapters. The first chapter will be based on the Sims 3 traits. Any encyclopedia post will likely be edited, added, or removed.

Chapters:

1, The Beginning Traits of any Sim

I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    edited May 2022
    The beginning traits of Any Sim

Dag Dag! Welcome to the first chapter of the Encyclopedia! In this chapter you will learn more about the traits in the Sims 3 and what they do! Sims 4 traits coming soon!

To begin, I'd like to say thanks to other threads I made that reached a good amount of rep! Let's get started with the first trait!

Absent-Minded: is a trait where the Sim tends to be forgetful and confused very often.
    Mechanics:

When a Sim enters a room, they sometimes to figure out how they got in the rooms. They are usually found confused.

They have a small chance to turn off the television when other sims are USING it. It doesn't quite cause big problems if the Sim is Single.

They will be forgetful often, usually counting something with their hands, with a question mark speech bubble. They will be more likely to cancel and forget their actions in queue, and stop doing their actions in progress.

They may react in a forgetful attitude when something happens to a Sim.

They like the kids channel more.

They may lead to more dangerous situations, possible causing a fire, or dying, due to their forgetful minds.

Artistic: is a trait where Sims are more creative, which especially Painting skills. Will conflict with Can't Stand Art.

Artistics will build Painting skills 25% faster, and writing and guitar 10% faster.

They have the option to "Go to the Art Gallery". NPCs with this trait will visit the Art Gallery more frequently, and live Sims will have frequent wishes to visit.

They love history and romance channels on TV.

If Autonomy is enabled, then they tend to use easels and guitars.

Talking about Art is enabled even if the Sim doesn't have Painting skills, and relationship boost will be better if the Sim has level 3 painting skill or more, and if the reciepient is "Can't Stand Art", then this interaction always fails.

They paint a stylized Still-Life painting, and also can paint a somber Still-Life paint at level 6 instead of 9.

Will provide a bonus when writing a childrens book, and artistics will not react well to "Complain about Art".

Bookworm: is a trait when a Sim is very good at reading books. It doesn't conflict with any traits.

They will be able to read faster, and get more fun when reading so.

They may make better novels.

Younger Sims can finish their work 27.8 percent faster.

Your Sim has the ability to Go to the bookstore, and NPC sims are attracted to bookstores and libraries.

They love history on TV.

They have a bonus writing Vaudeville genres.

They can join the book club which has a fee but after, they can get one book per week on Wen.

They gain skills faster when reading skill books, and will get enviorment boosts when books are nearby.

Giving a book to a Bookworm has higher chance of success.

If Autonomy is on, bookworms tend to read books for fun. They may also earn Writing skill faster.

More coming soon...

Post edited by ItsMeThatGuy on
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.