Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there any worlds you never use?

Comments

• LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    I don't remember the last time I used Glimmer Brook, I will have someone go to the bar every once in a blue moon. But even when I make a spell caster (rarely) I don't have them live in Glimmer Brook. I also don't use Newcrest very often, I'm not a huge builder and sense it's empty I don't like moving my sims there. But I will occasionally use it as a place to put random lots that I need for gameplay, like a fake hospital (because I don't actually have get to work but for the story I was telling I needed one) a grave yard, ect.
  • Lost_LaprasLost_Lapras Posts: 7 New Member
    Magnolia Promenade for obvious reasons. Besides that, I strongly dislike Del Sol Valley, it's such a waste of potential. The rich neighbourhood is too small and the lots there are too big for my liking. The other residental neighbourhood also has too few lots and there's that weird huge lot taking most of the space for some reason. I just think they could've done soo much more with the world based on LA.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Magnolia Promenade for obvious reasons. Besides that, I strongly dislike Del Sol Valley, it's such a waste of potential. The rich neighbourhood is too small and the lots there are too big for my liking. The other residental neighbourhood also has too few lots and there's that weird huge lot taking most of the space for some reason. I just think they could've done soo much more with the world based on LA.

Del Sol Valley's hill lots are obviously made for "endgame", like when you have a third generation dynasty going and 999999999 Simoleons in the bank
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

Del Sol Valley's hill lots are obviously made for "endgame", like when you have a third generation dynasty going and 999999999 Simoleons in the bank

I put a restaurant/airport up there because of unobstructed landing possibility. :lol:
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2022
    UPDATE

Since this couldn't function as a proper poll, I went through a tallied as best I could so we could get a basic overview.
    Because people had commentary, I had to make some judgment calls.
    I skipped vacation worlds, since many people would use them if they were livable.
    If anyone said they only used a regular world for vacations, and barely, I counted it.
    Regarding Magnolia Promenade: If people said they used it for retail then I didn't count it as unplayed, unless they specified they had put retail there, but didn't use it.

Batuu: 5
    Brindleton Bay: 2
    Britechester: 5
    Del Sol Valley: 6
    Evergreen Harbor: 9
    Forgotten Hollow: 7
    Glimmer Brook: 10
    Henford on Bagley: 3
    Magnolia Promenade: 9
    Mt Komorebi: 4
    Newcrest: 3
    Oasis Springs: 4
    San Myshuno: 2
    Strangerville: 3
    Sulani: 3
    Tartosa: 1
    Willow Creek: 1

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Bit late to the party here. I use them all.

Some more than others, but they all get used to some degree.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited May 2022
    pains my heart to see so many people not using Forgotten Hollow :bawling::heartbreak:
    Poor Vlad must be so lonely with no necks in town all forgotten and alone :disappointed:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited May 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »
    pains my heart to see so many people not using Forgotten Hollow :bawling::heartbreak:
    Poor Vlad must be so lonely with no necks in town all forgotten and alone :disappointed:

That must be why he insists on welcoming every new sim to every other world. He is just lonely..

Edited: fix mistake.
    Post edited by Chaotic_Moira on
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited May 2022
    I'm trying to think of a world I do use, as I usually default to Strangerville, but tallying up where my various households live/have lived (as well as omitting worlds I don't have), and counting worlds I only use as commercial districts (Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade), I'd have to say I use Del Sol Valley the least, given I've never had a household there that I've played for more than a test or one-shot.

As for my reasoning...I suppose I just never play households that are into the extravagance of The Pinnacles (even my richest households have lived in either Windenburg or Forgotten Hollow, so obviously they were more suited to timeless/vintage architecture). Mirage Park is too small for its own good, despite the potential for a lower-class suburban life. The rest is all commercial. Despite having more lots than FH or GB, it feels so small and sequestered.

Are we allowed multiple? If so, then my runner-up is Glimmerbrook.
    Being small is fine to an extent, but the fact that it feels more like a wooded cul-de-sac than a thru-line to another world (Forgotten Hollow feels like a place you pass through to get somewhere else) makes it feel both too secluded for its own good, and too structured for it, as well. The pavement does away with the illusion of a woodland retreat, wherein one can live in a cabin or campground, surrounded by others (like Granite Falls, but residential). I understand why it's like that, mind you, but it's such a weird combination for me. For reference, just past the portal to the Magic Realm, you can see the type of world I would have preferred it to be. It just feels like some rich person's retirement/vacation community, which it sort of is.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Batuu - I don't have
    Del Sol Valley - I have a lot of ideas but I have no clue how to manage that small space and weird lots so I don't use this map.
    Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrook - are extremally small and boring worlds. My sims have no reason to travel there.

I try to use the rest of worlds but some neighbourhoods are useless or dedicated just for living.

Windenburg has some weaknesses but is still the best world in my opinion such as San Myshuno and Sulani. There is so much to do, so much to visit and these worlds are interesting. Sulani could have been be bigger because I miss a commertial area but ok.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I rarely use Magnolia Promanade or Buttu.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    I'm surprised to find myself mentioning Tartosa here! I really wanted that world, but after initially playing and working with it, I pretty much abandoned it. Sulani has better beaches and thematically it doesn't have enough going on to keep my interest. It's just kind of a weird utopian park that people can live around.

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I hardly use the world that comes with get to work not because I don’t like it I just forget about it
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    only case I would probably never use a world is when playing specific save files. for example in a medieval save i wouldnt play in san myshuno and other too modern places where I cant delete/replace the objects/backgrounds.
    I also heard of people doing save files where they only play specific worlds because the way s4 handles walkbys is just too immersion breaking.. I personally cant play without mods that fix this issue and I mostly prefer my playtime put into the same save file. I really, really hate the fact that there is no official fix for this, gone mad so many times.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't use worlds where it doesn't snow, so I don't use -

Oasis Springs
    StrangerVille
    Sulani
    Tartosa

(I don't have the Star Wars pack)
    edited May 2022
    I don't use worlds where it doesn't snow, so I don't use -

Oasis Springs
    StrangerVille
    Sulani
    Tartosa

(I don't have the Star Wars pack)

I tend to only use worlds where it doesn't snow. I hate winter, it ruins gameplay. Just like I hate winter in real life, it destroys the joy of being outside.

(Seriously, I am REALLY happy Tartosa added another world without snow! :smiley: )
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I love playing most of the Seasons except Summer. It's so way too hot, so I don't put my beloved sims through it. I use the Weather Machine constantly to either turn back to Spring or forward to Autumn.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I love playing most of the Seasons except Summer. It's so way too hot, so I don't put my beloved sims through it. I use the Weather Machine constantly to either turn back to Spring or forward to Autumn.

So the exact opposite for me :smiley:
    I LOVE summer, and prefer Sulani or Strangerville where it is almost constant heatwaves.
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    I've never used Newcrest BUT that will change due to my plans to build it up as New Veronaville (gotta have some place for all the VV sims to live!).

I also keep forgetting the vacation worlds exist and I only brought Batuu for the BB/CAS content so I'll never go there.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    My Sims often live in Newcrest, Brindleton Bay, and Willow Creek.

The next most-often used residential worlds are Windenburg, San Myshuno, and Henford-on-Bagley, but my Sims visit those more often than they make their homes there. They almost all go to festivals in San Myshuno. I don't spend much time in Oasis Springs, although a favorite Sim fell in love with a Oasis Springster and spent lots of time there.

I find that my Sims often make their way to Britechester. I like the looks of the world, with its academic vibe. My Young Adult Sims often go to university. I have a couple of fun spots for outings in MagProm, so my Sims sometimes go there for entertainment, especially those who live in Willow Creek and Newcrest.

My Sims visit Mt. Komorebi and Sulani for vacations, but those are fairly rare treats. So is a trip to Granite Falls. They go to Glimmerbrook when/if they are Spellcasters.

I haven't had Del Sol Valley, Evergreen Harbor, or Tartosa very long.

I have an idea for Selvadorada; to me that's a real adventure, not a "day trip." I rarely have Sims jet off to Mt. K or Sulani for the day, either.

I don't own Strangerville, Batuu, or Forgotten Hollow (yet?).
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I am really shocked at some people's lists! Like, hardly any worlds getting used at all.

I guess it's because I play rotationally and often forget that many people don't. It's a long, long time since I stuck to playing one household in one world...
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I don't own Journey to Batu (never will)

As for packs I own... that's harder because I use all the worlds for different things or they have a purpose. I would say that Forgotten Hollow is used the least.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
    I am really shocked at some people's lists! Like, hardly any worlds getting used at all.

I guess it's because I play rotationally and often forget that many people don't. It's a long, long time since I stuck to playing one household in one world...

I am surprised too. When I posted this I kinda just expected others might have one particular world they are not drawn to, but I wasn't expecting the ones that are least played to be the top of the list, and I wasn't expecting anyone to have like 4 or 5 untouched. But I am also a rotational player, and I don't see these as separate worlds, or countries that are far from each other. I see them as nearby cities one can travel between easily, so I have households all over the place.

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    Magnolia Promenade. Not really big enough, so Newcrest tends to be the business district.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Vampire world, can’t even remember it’s name. Too dark and gloomy for me.
    SignatureSparkly.gif