Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little Campers and Moonlight Chic (Available Now)

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    This actually looks like a great kit...keeping fingers crossed.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member

I think they say so because there may be no NEW gameplay in the kit, but I spot a stereo and the blanket cinema is a TV, that's already two interactable objects that provide moddlets and skills. That's close enough to gameplay for me, since I really like the camping theme :)
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    So...outdoor retreat?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I think they say so because there may be no NEW gameplay in the kit, but I spot a stereo and the blanket cinema is a TV, that's already two interactable objects that provide moddlets and skills. That's close enough to gameplay for me, since I really like the camping theme :)

Good point.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    So...outdoor retreat?

Maybe Outdoor Retreat Jr. Or maybe, Outdoor Repeat ("repeat" being my personal term for any kid by which I'm annoyed). :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    It is a bit disappointing to have a floor blanket set but sims STILL can't picnic, sit nor get cozy on the floor 😭😭😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    I think they'll be interesting... Let's just hope that werewolves come with the GP and occults simmers don't get left out in the cold... Like always.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,654 Member
    edited May 2022
    Werescythe wrote: »
    I think they'll be interesting... Let's just hope that werewolves come with the GP and occults simmers don't get left out in the cold... Like always.

They dropped a couple of big hints in the Little Campers pic. The TS3 werewolf movie scene and a full moon. And on the main menu in the game itself, the drawing for 'Cozy Fun Coming Soon' has a plushie werewolf, or what looks like one to me.

• Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2022
    Functional items means GAME PLAY to me!!!!!!!!!! Would "new game play" be the best kind of kit, of course, but new items that have functionality are not falling flat for me! To me that is a game play kit!! I LOVE it.

That sheet projector is so freaking adorable. I speculated the possibility of a blanket fort a few weeks ago, but I also felt it might be wishful thinking; and HERE IT IS!!! I am stoked about Little Campers! I think everything in it looks amazing! That swing set is gorgeous... all of it.

The CAS kit I don't care for. The clothes look a little dull imo. But it seems like some people really like them, so that is cool for them. I am glad they aren't BOTH CAS this time!

Love all the werewolf teases in the backyard screen shot as well. Nice!
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Functional items means GAME PLAY to me!!!!!!!!!! Would "new game play" be the best kind of kit, of course, but new items that have functionality are not falling flat for me! To me that is a game play kit!! I LOVE it.

That sheet projector is so freaking adorable. I speculated the possibility of a blanket fort a few weeks ago, but I also felt it might be wishful thinking; and HERE IT IS!!! I am stoked about Little Campers! I think everything in it looks amazing! That swing set is gorgeous... all of it.

The CAS kit I don't care for. The clothes look a little dull imo. But it seems like some people really like them, so that is cool for them. I am glad they aren't BOTH CAS this time!

Love all the werewolf teases in the backyard screen shot as well. Nice!

I feel your excitement in this post 😆
    The feeling is mutual. This is probably the best kit yet and I can't wait to get my hands on it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I love the little campers kit.. This is why I wish we still had stuff pack. I feel like that then would’ve been a great stuff pack.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I am excited for the little campers kit. I disagree with those saying this should have been an outdoor retreat refresh. I don't agree with the expectation of free content, I think it's great that we get as much free content as we do. I don't mind paying the $5 for new content that interest me. EA had to pay someone to make it. I still prefer stuff packs over kits but I'm enjoying the increased frequency of new content.
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I am excited for the little campers kit. I disagree with those saying this should have been an outdoor retreat refresh. I don't agree with the expectation of free content, I think it's great that we get as much free content as we do. I don't mind paying the $5 for new content that interest me. EA had to pay someone to make it. I still prefer stuff packs over kits but I'm enjoying the increased frequency of new content.

I agree. I don't understand why so many people feel like if a new thing is related to something we already have it's a disappointment, unless its a free update. We get free stuff fairly often, and they don't have to do that. I have never gotten anything free for Skyrim from Bethesda..

I could understand if like Outdoor Retreat had come without tents, and then they released tents as a kit. That would be ridiculous. But that isn't what this is. I don't even see it being about Outdoor Retreat camping. It is a backyard campout for kids.

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I agree. I don't understand why so many people feel like if a new thing is related to something we already have it's a disappointment, unless its a free update. We get free stuff fairly often, and they don't have to do that. I have never gotten anything free for Skyrim from Bethesda..

I could understand if like Outdoor Retreat had come without tents, and then they released tents as a kit. That would be ridiculous. But that isn't what this is. I don't even see it being about Outdoor Retreat camping. It is a backyard campout for kids.
    Skyrim and Sims 4 are different beasts. Skyrim isn't as heavily monetized and costly as The Sims 4, nor is it a live service. The free stuff Sims 4 gives out is pretty much part of the deal - it's there to drive up interest and keep people playing. It isn't some charity thing; in the game's best interest to give away free stuff. But I will say that they've been on a roll with giving us consistent free stuff lately. I appreciate that.

Maybe the kit doesn't fit with Outdoor Retreat, but it certainly fits with Parenthood, in theme and aesthetic. And I'd be fine with similar themes coming out, if piecemealing content and constantly delivering the bare minimum wasn't a constant trend with The Sims 4. But at this point, I'm just kind of like whatever. It's annoying, but it's not My First Pet Stuff level bad.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    @Gordy Fair enough. I always keep in mind, you can't please everyone all the time. There are things that bug me that others wouldn't agree with too. I have always found it annoying that cats and dogs are not BG personally. To me it's a life simulator, and cats and dogs are just a normal part of that. Same with seasons.. But I never see anyone else bothered about it, so I just leave it alone, and buy the dang packs so my game feels complete. We all have things that are gonna bug us.

Dragons should be basegame, too.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    What about R&B station?
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    What about R&B station?
    It should have been in the basegame from the start.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    edited May 2022

This kit is not the first to offer functional objects. Country kitchen had a stove and a fridge with interactions, industrial loft had a usable bed and I expect the fireplace from the maximalism kit to be usable as well. Those kits were not considered gameplay kits just because they offer functional objects.

The description of this kit is confusing and made it sound as if we get gameplay which is unfortunately not the case. If people enjoy to use these objects that's great. And the movie projector can be fun for those that don't have movie hangout stuff. But I fail to see the difference between objects with interactions in this kit and in the previous ones. Especially with simguruazure's tweet that only mentions existing object types which are already available.

I do hope we can get gameplay kits again one day.

• DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    I'm intrigued with the new kits, especially with the kids stuff. After playing so long with the same kids things I was tired of use them in each generation. The new things are very welcome to me now.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2022
    MichelleW wrote: »

I don't see how this is related to Outdoor retreat either. The game has quite a lot of content now and you could basically relate anything they release to something that they have made before. Then you also have the fact that they are not changing the game too much when it comes to developing new things for it and are also releasing content piece by piece over a long time so I feel that the argument that this should have been an Outdoor Retreat refresh doesn't really work.

I think that using existing interactions for redesigned items, like the swing set is fine for a kit too, because kits don't cost a lot. While I am not a fan of kits, because they mean less development for the sims4, the development that they do put into them are not just reskinned items, the items look different enough and have their own theme to make them feel different.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Where is that world in the Midnight Chic kit? Tartosa? I don't recognise it.