Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long can you play the Sims 4 for? And when?

How long can you play the Sims 4 for? And when do you play it, how often?
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

How long can you play the Sims 4 for? And when? 102 votes

You can only play for less then 30 minutes a day and you're off, or your parents say so.
4%
jeepjeepcatironknight35RionAgriasLady_BalloraSimDork23 5 votes
You can stick around an hour before you need to get off due to work or your parents say so.
8%
Boondoggle1960mitchiebanjoBabykittyjadeVampireSapphireDoodlyDoofusfilipomelAtreya33sarabeth2984talongirl6 9 votes
You will play for around 3-4 hours until you get off.
46%
Akl500PBluegayleauroraael14Kita5399GalacticGalalan650111rudolphaColorist40bekiTheSpotted_CIsb917shellbemebabajaynemildredalienNinoosimLizzychicagomlmeadowsashcrash19taydevPlumbobCrossing 47 votes
Now you play for 5-6 hours.
1%
bshag4lvGemmie12 2 votes
5-6 hours.
4%
kiwi84Becka28HandelprebblesTawk 5 votes
6-7 hours a day!
0%
PlayerSinger2010 1 vote
You have the Potiential to play 8 hours!
9%
EvvieSimmerbandit5elemmelegreydonnmotdkfiercephoenix91SnowkittydogzdinnerSapphire769flaresims 10 votes
Whew! 8-9 hours!
1%
JueJueRay_Trace 2 votes
9-10 hours!
7%
StrangerthanfriendlysimmersFlashMarkerDarkLady2788gamekittenMissmagoo2SheriSim57SERVERFRA 8 votes
Oh my god! Over 10 hours a day, with no other life events going on. Take a break, dude!
12%
MartinvBeardedgeekLustianiciafionaloveserranoMasonGamerColton147147BreazonaKyreRoenDaniRose2143Evilyn_1007SimmingalTammorsCelestial_Bliss1313 13 votes

Comments

• ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    If nothing is going on, I can play over 10 hours a day.
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't keep track because it doesn't matter to me. I just play whenever I feel like it, for however long (or short) a session I wish.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    9-10 hours!
    I've been known to play Sims 4 from 5 to 10 hours depending on which household I'm playing or what I'm building or what new world I'm changing or even what timeline game save I'm playing.
    I have 6 different timeline game saves. I only play vanilla with Sims 4 cheat codes.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    Usually an hour or two at night on the days I watch my grandbabies. Off days and weekends anywhere from 2-4 hours at a stretch.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh my god! Over 10 hours a day, with no other life events going on. Take a break, dude!
    I'm just getting home from work and rushing around doing 5 things at once and I misread the question, I have the ability to play for 10 hours, and have a time or two. I thought the question was how long have you played for in a single session. My bad, I need to slow down, take a breath. My co-workers practically had to tie me to my chair earlier because I wanted come home and get in on the conversation before it was done.

During the week, 2-3 hours a day depending on what time I get home from work. On the weekends 5-8 hours.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    You can only play for less then 30 minutes a day and you're off, or your parents say so.
    I only play a couple of days a week (for about 30 minutes). I just don't have the time.
    He/Him
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Now you play for 5-6 hours.
    I have found that if I don't play every single day, but instead play every other day or every 2 days, I can play for longer periods. I have burned out playing every day...does this make sense? :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I usually play a Sim day which takes an hour or two.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    9-10 hours!
    When I get on, which is not every day, I can easily play 9-10 hours. It is not always game play, sometimes it is looking at gallery stuff, creating sims, or building things, or changing around builds to my liking. But I considered all of those in my anxwer. I most likely won’t be on more than 3 days a week though.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    It depends. Real life has a way of determining my game time. I don’t get to play everyday if I’m busy. Sometimes I play for an hour or two, sometimes I can be at it 4-5 hours if I have no other obligations.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The Sims is a favorite game of mine, but it's also a game where I can binge on it for several hours a day... at the cost of only being able to keep interest in it for a couple weeks... then I take a break for a few months. Then the cycle begins again! lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    You can stick around an hour before you need to get off due to work or your parents say so.
    That last option made me 😂😂😂
    It varies. Some days I'm free just to sim for hours and hours. Some days I'm free but choose to do other things or just play a moment. Some days I don't have much time but jump on anyway. Every day is kind of different.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Some nights it's 1 hour, usually 2-4 hours. If I'm engrossed in a new build or pack, however, I can be on 5-8 hours (with breaks)!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    It varies, if I have the day off I play more, but when I work it may be for just an hour.
    I tend to spend more time creating Sims than actually playing sometimes too.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    This answer was the closest choice, but I usually play 1-2 hours if I have a "bad eye day" and if my eyes feel less irritated I will play 2-4 hours.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited May 2022
    I mean would I?
    Not really.

I tend to start feeling sick if I play for more than hour or 2 in row anyway like all the camera spinning and bright screen and sitting in one place and whatever

and also sometimes i just don't feel like sitting and staring at various screens all day

But also

Could I if I tried?
    yeah, at the moment I am nolife bean so I don't particularily lack time itself

Usually I play daily for short period of time like anywhere 15 min to 2 hours

or then i do week where i only play like one day for whole day and rest of the days is like brb gotta hibernate and gather dark energy
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I’m actually one of those people who can play all day every day for a while & then got bored & either play for less than an hour or day or not at all. I’m usually the most obsessed when a new pack comes out or I have a storyline that I’m really excited about.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2022
    It totally varies by life. If I don't have much time, but I know exactly what I want to do, I can jump on and play for 30 to 45 minutes. Mostly I would say I play around 3 hours on days the time is there. But there have been days here or there where I have played all day, just pausing for life in between.. I don't play everyday, but I usually do a few times a week. Luckily I don't have any kids at home, and my hubs is a gamer too, so weekends we can game marathon sitting next to each other, take a break for dinner, maybe a show, then back to it, lol. This usually is our thing when something new comes out.

Edited for typo..
    Post edited by Chaotic_Moira on
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    None of the options fit me.

First of all I’m an adult so no parents telling me to get off pc (my brothers on the other hand still cry “you’re always on your pc” and try to use it against me in arguments)

Secondly, I know that if I start playing sims I forget about time, it just flies away. So I don’t play on days I have work. Tend to play when I have a weekend off or a day off and then it can easily be more than 10 hours 😅

Building and decorating is one of my favourite things to do and just picking out the right colour swatch for kitchen cabinets can take more than an hour (as I said, time flies away)

In live mode I completely forget all my body needs, gotta go pee? Ok lemme just have my sim do this and this, oh her friend just called wanted to go on a nightclub, ok let’s go partying (this all with me half standing over desk almost peeing myself) and oh now she’s tired get her home and in bed and oh grim I forgot to do her daily task for work, let me just do that and then I go pee. 3 hours later I still haven’t gone to the toilet..
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I'm going to average 4 hours in a clip though if nothing else is going on that might be higher. I have a work from home job so I'm able to squeeze in a lot of play time. I do take breaks for several weeks as well so it kinda depends but I'll go 4 on average
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    My times vary in my mood and what all I’ve got going on during that session. But I usually play for about 2-3 hours.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    You have the Potiential to play 8 hours!
    I put potentially 8hrs plus a day because most days I have the free time to do that if I want. Mostly I log in then potter about doing other stuff and playing in between other things....so Im not really sure how long I play most days.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    An hour feels like the blink of an eye when playing, so when I play, it’s usually for at least 3 hours. I can play anytime I want (for now) and have been known to play like it’s my full time job. But now things are different- I feel like I’m neglecting my own needs and other things if I spend all day playing, so I’ll do a half day. Lately I haven’t been playing at all for no real reason, I’ve just been in the mood to do other things. If I do play, it leads me to want to play more, it fills my thoughts and starts to feel like too much. It’s complicated. I wish I had this much restraint back in the original Sims and Sims 2 days - I was way more obsessed!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited May 2022
    Redacted.
    Post edited by elanorbreton on
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    Sorry guys. I'm saying how much do you play in ONE single session. I can play aboutr 10 hours a day.