Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Hey, sorry it has taken so long to respond here to the update. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it as I told you though. :heart: It was a very happy day for them and it made my day happier as well. The perfect feel good update for them and your readers.
    I've always enjoyed the white elephant gift exchanges. It is known as a Chinese gift exchange or Secret Santa around here. It can be quite hilarious at times with the gifting. I've done it with work groups mostly.

It was cute seeing them dressed in their pj's to open gifts like kids on Christmas morning. I loved the matching Christmas ones.
    I liked Haley's apology to the group especially her nod to Shane. That was brave of her. She still owes Alex an apology though. :lol:

I think my favorite picture is the one of Leah and Elliott cuddling on the sofa as they watch the others start opening gifts. He looks like his hand is reaching out to pat her tummy.

Loved the opening of presents and the pictures and responses were fun to read and see.

To be honest I thought Sebastian was inappropriate talking to Alex especially considering they didn't do anything to warrant his chat with Alex. Maru is a grown woman and does not need his protection. She's very smart and personally more mature than most of them even if she isn't the eldest in the group.
    Same with Sam bringing it up with Maru. I did like her response to him though. :lol:
    I'm just glad that those conversations didn't cause havoc for the otherwise perfect day.

As far as spring activities, I enjoy the surprise of reading what you want and what your characters want to do so I have no thoughts other than do what you and they want. :tongue:
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Don't worry about getting me Haley and Amber, you can concentrate on your stories and finish them before worrying about little ol' me. :mrgreen:

You could have your sims sit around the bonfire, telling ghost stories. Or water balloon fights. Did you do a pie-eating contest? I sorta remember that. Horseshoes, the gravitron, egg-hunting, kissing booth ;) etc.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @emorrill

Lovely Christmas chapter, I felt the feeling cause we still got some snow
    here not gone yet hehe.
    They all seemed to enjoy what gifts they got well except for maybe Abigail haha :D
    Great job.
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Whether you call it Christmas, or Snowflake Day, or the Feast of the Winter Star, it’s always a magical time of the year :) even more so for Leah! She probably feels like she’s the luckiest girl in the universe!
    Your Elliott and Leah are both such sappy hopeless romantics… perfect for each other :tongue: and as I said before, the perfect distraction from the tumult and drama going on amongst a few of the others :)
    I like the idea of a “white elephant” gift exchange here. Nice nod to what actually goes on back home during the Feast of the Winter Star.
    Harvey and Penny in their matching PJs :D Leah and Elliott too!
    I personally could see either Harvey or Elliott being the oldest of the bachelors. I wonder if Elliott knows that becoming a dad is going to age him at least a bit :tongue:
    Poor Alex, caught up in all the drama after what he did with Sam! I’m gonna be honest here and say I’m rooting for a happy ending for him, even if he doesn’t pair up with anyone, because in the actual Stardew Valley game he’s my favourite!
    Very sweet of Haley to apologise. She’s definitely come a long way in these eight months :) (also love the little red and green music notes above the stereo. Very cute :> )
    That’s very in-character for Sam to get Abigail a gift like that (and that game they play with each other) :D and also very true to Maru’s character for her to want to open her gift in private!
    Aww, that’s a lovely smile on Shane’s face :> so rare to see something like that (except when he’s with Emily!)
    Elliott and Leah got each other the same gifts? They really are the sweetest couple!
    Sweet interaction between Alex and Maru. I knew he had a softer side <3 Lol at the cockroach gift but I loved Maru’s explanation!
    I think you captured Abigail’s expression perfectly when Haley was blowing Sam that kiss! Must’ve been hard capturing that shot, but you nailed it :star:
    Sebastian as the protective big brother? Love itttt! Although it’s a little sad how he still acknowledges that his sis is his stepdad’s golden child.
    I see the memories of that night are still fresh in Maru and Sam’s minds. Let’s hope Sam doesn’t let it cloud his relationship with Haley!
    This was certainly… a Christmas like no other! Not just because they weren’t at home, but also because of how they’ve grown closer as a group in these eight months.

So you’re asking for suggestions for couple activities? I guess I could offer a few. Here goes:
    Leah and Elliott: sketching/painting each other
    Harvey and Penny: slow dancing
    Alex and Maru: rollerskating
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    @bekkasan No worries, I know how busy you've been lately. :kissing_heart: I'm glad this update gave you the "feel goods" and made your day brighter. <3
    I liked Haley's apology to the group especially her nod to Shane. That was brave of her. She still owes Alex an apology though. :lol:
    ^Thanks. I'm glad. :blush:
    Lol! She does still owe Alex a proper apology. She was very much including him in the all out apology to the group so hopefully he recognized that and maybe it's enough to him. :)
    I think my favorite picture is the one of Leah and Elliott cuddling on the sofa as they watch the others start opening gifts. He looks like his hand is reaching out to pat her tummy.
    ^It totally does! I was actually thinking that same thing after I took the picture! :smiley:<3
    To be honest I thought Sebastian was inappropriate talking to Alex especially considering they didn't do anything to warrant his chat with Alex. Maru is a grown woman and does not need his protection.
    ^Yeah. I think normally it wouldn't have bothered Seb to see Alex talking to her, but given recent events with the fight, Alex was on Seb's 💩-list so he felt the need to approach the guy and find out exactly why he was spending so much time with his sister lately. (I know I already said this to you in text, but I was just sharing in case anyone else was thinking the same. ;) )
    I'm glad you liked Maru's response to Sam about her interactions with Alex as well. :blush:
    As far as spring activities, I enjoy the surprise of reading what you want and what your characters want to do so I have no thoughts other than do what you and they want. :tongue:
    ^Awww, will do. Thanks. <3
    And thanks for the sweet comments. They always brighten my day. 🥰

@KevinL5275
    Don't worry about getting me Haley and Amber, you can concentrate on your stories and finish them before worrying about little ol' me. :mrgreen:
    ^Aww, you're too kind to me. <3 (That's right I have to jump through some hoops to get Amber again...but they aren't difficult hoops. :p Just annoying. :lol: )
    I LOVED your suggestions! :smiley: I forgot about the gravitron (Do I even have that? 🤔 Cause I don't have ITF installed. Is it from ITF? Or is it a Store item?) I really love the egg hunting and kissing booth ideas! Kissing androids! LOL! :joy:
    Thanks buddy! :grin:

@Silverofdreams30 Dang girl y'all still have snow over there?? :open_mouth: I guess it's no joke living so close to the Arctic Circle. ;) I kinda like that it helped make the update feel more Christmassy to you. :blush:
    Yeah Abby's white elephant gift from Sam was pretty bad. :lol: But no worries, she got lovely gifts from Seb and the others, probably another nicer one from Sam too. ;)
    Thanks. <3

@TinySpaceFox Hey girl! I just have to say that every one of your thoughts that you shared was just so kind and incredibly sweet and it made my day reading them this morning since I'm not feeling very well. <3
    Your Elliott and Leah are both such sappy hopeless romantics… perfect for each other :tongue: and as I said before, the perfect distraction from the tumult and drama going on amongst a few of the others :)
    ^Indeed. :mrgreen:<3 Just looking at Elliott in Stardew Valley and learning that he's a writer and plays the piano, I figure he had to be a sappy, hopeless romantic within. :p
    Yeah I read up on the "white elephant" gift and how it started and it was really interesting. I love learning about things from other cultures. :)
    I wonder if Elliott knows that becoming a dad is going to age him at least a bit :tongue:
    ^I think he might. ;) But if not he's in for a big surprise! :lol:
    I’m gonna be honest here and say I’m rooting for a happy ending for him, even if he doesn’t pair up with anyone, because in the actual Stardew Valley game he’s my favourite!
    ^I love that you shared this. <3 And I assure you, there's no need to worry for him. :blush::kissing_heart:
    (also love the little red and green music notes above the stereo. Very cute :> )
    ^Ha ha! Thank you. :blush: I forgot to include that I drew those in in my Author's Note. :p
    That’s very in-character for Sam to get Abigail a gift like that (and that game they play with each other) :D and also very true to Maru’s character for her to want to open her gift in private!
    ^Thank you! :star:<3
    And thank you also for the compliment on capturing the blowing heart kiss and Abby's expression in the background. It was just lucky that she made that expression in the background. ;)
    Sebastian as the protective big brother? Love itttt! Although it’s a little sad how he still acknowledges that his sis is his stepdad’s golden child.
    ^Yeah, but at least he knows that Maru doesn't care for their father's suffocating doting so that helps him feel better about it. <3
    Yep. I don't think any of them imagined becoming as close as they have. :blush: Perhaps that's what the Wizard was shooting for? More unity among the townsfolk? Who knows? :p;)
    Thanks for the great suggestions! They have been noted. 👍
    :kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    emorrill wrote: »

@KevinL5275
    ^Aww, you're too kind to me. <3 (That's right I have to jump through some hoops to get Amber again...but they aren't difficult hoops. :p Just annoying. :lol: )
    I LOVED your suggestions! :smiley: I forgot about the gravitron (Do I even have that? 🤔 Cause I don't have ITF installed. Is it from ITF? Or is it a Store item?) I really love the egg hunting and kissing booth ideas! Kissing androids! LOL! :joy:
    Thanks buddy! :grin:

I thought it came with Supernatural but I am not sure. I can't find it, and I don't even know if that is what it is called. Maybe it came with University Life?
    You're welcome, I am happy to help. :D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @KevinL5275 Didn't see your comment before, sorry about that and thank you about the skirts thing :). I just find skirts simply comfortable, and always felt that way. I'm glad somebody else than me still likes skirts in the world dominated by jeans :p .

@emorrill Looks like I'm badly behind again but I'm here now :# .
    Leah looks really cute in that birthday cake picture! I can imagine she is happier than ever <3 .
    Aww, such a cute kiss under the mistletoe!
    Cute Christmas pullovers too, hee hee. Gotta love the matching ones for the couples!
    Leah and Elliott are cute together <3 .
    White Christmases ARE the best! That's the only time of the year when I like snow ;) . Sadly, we have it muuuuch longer in my country during the winter. Just like for @Silverofdreams30 . Oh well, summer will come for us too, eventually :p .
    Shane talking, but... Harvey is NOT the oldest one there, it's Elliott!!
    Poor Harvey and Penny, everybody bugging them about the Christmas pajamas :D .
    Oh, I see Elliott decided to tell them about the age thing. There we go.
    Aww, that was a cute little speech of Elliott. I guess becoming a parent makes ageing feel much more purposeful.
    I'm glad Shane and Harvey get along these days.
    I hope Haley's apology will change things - that she will be more respectful to others in the future, and that the others will see her good sides and be able to focus on them.
    I'm not surprised Shane supports her, because he went through the same - how to get from being somebody nobody likes to being a part of the group.
    He he, Elliott and Leah are cute, letting everybody else run for their gifts first. Well, they have a baby coming - they know Christmas will never be about them anymore ;) - during the coming years it will be all about watching their child getting excited about it and the presents <3 .
    Penny looks really cute sitting there on the floor in her Christmas pajamas.
    I love Emily's knitted top!
    I understand Maru - I also prefer opening gifts when I'm alone. It's not always possible, but when it is, I do that.
    Lol! Not sure what Haley would have wanted for a gift, but that awkward smile on her face is funny :D .
    Wait, Haley gets a candle and Abigail gets a laptop! They have quite a huge price variation in their gifts!
    Aww, but that kiss between Abigail and Sebastian looks so sweet :love: .
    Funny about Leah and Elliott having chosen the same gift for each other :p .
    Such a cute picture of Penny touching Leah's belly. Elliott looks a bit absent-minded in the same picture.
    Aww, Shane and Emily are cute together. I wanna see their babies!! Even as a little spin-off post ;) .
    Poor Abigail with her gift!
    So sweet of Alex to bring a gift to Maru privately. And not a bad gift! Quite sweet actually.
    Well, Maru's gift to Alex is... Interesting. But well explained ;) .
    Oh oh, a heart from Haley's mouth! I believe that's a sign. There's probably a new star at the sky ;) .
    Maru is not completely honest... There IS something going on between her and Alex. But I guess she doesn't want to say anything until it's really... umm, official.
    Hmm, what Alex and Maru are doing is none of Sebastian's business :neutral: . I think he should stay out of this. Maru is an adult woman and can take care of herself.
    Well, the evening turned out to be very beautiful. Love the conversations between Sam and Maru and Haley and Emily.
    How you write about the Christmas meal makes me wish it was Christmas... And I actually hate winter :D . I'm a summer person.
    That was a beautiful Christmas and very well written!
    So sorry for the late response. :grimace:<3 It's been busy...

@KevinL5275 When I was in game I looked for the Gravitron and it looks like it came with Showtime. :)

@meerkattime No worries about falling behind girl. I know how life can get. :kissing_heart: You're so sweet. <3
    I loved every single comment you made about their special Christmas day. <3 Thank you! I really enjoy reading your thoughts. (Indeed white Christmases ARE the best! :mrgreen::love: Sorry the snow has lasted a little longer in your neck of the woods than you would like. ;) )
    Yep, Elliott finally felt it was time to reveal the truth about him being the oldest. :blush: I thought it was a nice touch to add since we are nearing the end of the story...
    He he, Elliott and Leah are cute, letting everybody else run for their gifts first. Well, they have a baby coming - they know Christmas will never be about them anymore ;) - during the coming years it will be all about watching their child getting excited about it and the presents <3 .
    ^Yep, that's what makes Christmas enjoyable as an adult. There's no other feeling like watching your kid's eyes light up with excitement at what they get on Christmas morning. <3
    I agree that Penny looks cute sitting on the floor there. :blush: I'm glad you like Emily's knitted top. :)
    Yeah now that I think about it, after Alex's lovely gift, Maru's to him seems pretty terrible! :lol: But it was the thought - and heart - behind it. :blush: It's good Alex could see that.
    Maru is not completely honest... There IS something going on between her and Alex. But I guess she doesn't want to say anything until it's really... umm, official.
    ^Pretty much that, yeah. :)
    Oh oh, a heart from Haley's mouth! I believe that's a sign. There's probably a new star at the sky ;) .
    ^Yeppers, there is. :blush:
    I love how sometimes you and bekkasan will share the same thoughts. :mrgreen: It's cute.
    How you write about the Christmas meal makes me wish it was Christmas... And I actually hate winter :D . I'm a summer person.
    ^Aww, thank you. <3<3
    Hey friends. :) Just wanted to pop in here and say sorry for the delay in getting more of the story out. (So much for my goal of having the story completed by Summer... :pensive: Sigh.) Y'all know how crazy life has been. And it's been especially busy in my neck of the woods lately.

Anyhoo, I've been working on getting everything set up in the game for the next scene (adding in a little cc ;) ) for the past couple of days now and I'm getting really excited! :mrgreen: It's always fun to dress the gang up in new hairstyles and outfits for a new season. :blush:

More to come soon - I hope. Perhaps a little before we leave for my family's reunion June 1st. Maybe not... But I promise I'll sure be ready to rock and roll when we get back on the 6th. :star:

Stay tuned! Thanks for your patience! <3
    Hey everyone. :)

Well...it's taken me a lot longer to set up these scenes than I had originally anticipated...and with preparing and getting everything packed and ready to leave for the family reunion early Wednesday morning, I unfortunately won't have any of the story ready to post beforehand. :pensive: But like I said I'll be ready to rock and roll with it when we get back. :star:

Because of the delay, however, I would like to share a few random photos with y'all and maybe...some sneak peeks of what's to come. :blush:

Sebastian tuned on some music and eventually everyone started dancing. It was fun to watch. :blush:
    The way he and Abigail were dancing had me chuckling. They are so adorable! And the way he's smiling at her here, aww! <3

Screenshot-4.jpg

I kinda wanted to save showing y'all how much rounder Leah's baby belly is getting, but this picture was just too cute not to share. She joined in the dancing. :blush: (I think she has a glow about her. :) )

Screenshot-3.jpg

This picture of Shane here. :love: Enough said.

Screenshot-5.jpg
    The way his bangs fall over his eyes... <3

And speaking of Shane, his onion rings at the Festival looked so SCRUMPTIOUS to me that I had to snap a picture. :yum:

Screenshot-71.jpg

Okay...I give in! :p

***Sneak Peeks***

Hey! You can see ALL of Sebastian's face now! :lol:;)

Screenshot-36.jpg

What insights will the Love Inspector have into everyone's relationships? :smirk:

Screenshot-42.jpg

Haley kissing the guy at the kissing booth. <3 Does he look familiar to any of you?? :smirk:

Screenshot-121.jpg
    (The correct answer to your guesses will be revealed after I post the story update. :p Sorry. Gotta keep the suspicion going cause it's fun. :mrgreen: )

Look very carefully at this picture as a preview of another little event to come. :blush:
    (It might not make much sense now, but all will be revealed later. ;) )

Screenshot-127.jpg

Anyhoo! Hope y'all enjoyed the pictures. I can't WAIT to share more! :mrgreen:

Stay tuned! <3 And thanks always for your patience. :kissing_heart:
    edited August 2022
    emorrill wrote: »

Sebastian tuned on some music and eventually everyone started dancing. It was fun to watch. :blush:
    The way he and Abigail were dancing had me chuckling. They are so adorable! And the way he's smiling at her here, aww! <3

Screenshot-4.jpg

Haley kissing the guy at the kissing booth. <3 Does he look familiar to any of you?? :smirk:

Screenshot-121.jpg
    (The correct answer to your guesses will be revealed after I post the story update. :p Sorry. Gotta keep the suspicion going cause it's fun. :mrgreen: )

Sebastian: "Hey Abigail, are those space pants? Because your bum is out of this world!" :mrgreen:o:)

Yes, that guy Haley is kissing looks like my sim-self. I wish. B)

Best wishes Emily, we'll still be here impatiently waiting for the next chapter of your story. ;)
    Post edited by KevinL5275 on
    @emorrill

Great shots!, Leah looks happy and glowing with
    her cute baby bump. Have a great family reunion.

Love the random shots and so look forward to more of the story. Hope you have a great vacation! Be safe

Oh...is that....whispers...D?
    edited June 2022
    @bekkasan
    Oh...is that....whispers...D?
    ^Dean? 😜

----

UPDATE:

Hey everyone! :grin:

So I've written a TON in the story lately, however as I was driving this morning I got to thinking and...I need to switch some scenes around so it flows exactly the way as I had originally planned it because I got side-tracked. Again. Always. Silly Em! :p So that's putting it back a little before I can post it, but I plan on having a post ready this WEEK! No matter how short! 👍

The story is coming to a close everyone...I still can't believe it. Stay tuned! And thanks for your patience. <3
    Post edited by emorrill on
    edited June 2022
    Whoops! Posted too early. Sorry! It's coming! <3
    (Was trying to Save Draft.......)
    edited June 2022
    Finally! Here's more everyone! :kissing_heart:

This is the first half of some final highlights before the grand finale (one for you particularly @bekkasan <3 )...and yes, there's some cheesy comments and romantic gestures, but hey...every story needs a little cheese right? ;) Y'all know me. :blush: Enjoy!

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Chapter 19

The remaining days of winter soon passed. Little by little the snow melted in patches, revealing new blades of grass anxious to emerge from their long slumber underneath the cold, white sheets. Icicles hanging from roof edges and trees shrank and shrank until they disappeared. Pathways became visible again.

52151588718_68eeafb2bb_c.jpg

Different hues of green started popping up everywhere, driving away the dull shades of brown. Life had begun anew. Leaf and flower buds began to sprout on the tree branches. Birds and the gentle hum of bees and hummingbird wings filled the air with music again. Spring had arrived.

52151822329_9c810fd5d6_c.jpg

Everyone in the group rejoiced at the arrival of Spring. Mostly because they could get out into the fresh air and do outdoor activities again without freezing their bottoms off! It was a time of new beginnings and their souls hungered for it; each one hoping once again that whatever they would do or learn in this new season of their life…would bring them closer to home. But truthfully home wasn’t at the forefront of their minds anymore.

Nine months now they had resided in the town of Appaloosa, in the world of Simthaer, and despite being away from loved ones, whom they still missed deeply, they’d never felt happier. Never been happier. It was almost as if even if they never completed the mysterious quest and stayed, perhaps for years on end, in this new home…they were okay with it. Happy with it. Because they had each other. Really, anymore, that’s all that mattered.

As the Spring days passed, each couple seemed to pair off alone more and more, away from the group, lost in their own world, and finding many enjoyable things to do together. With the exception of Alex and Maru, though the two were growing closer in their friendship as well.

The arrival of the Spring Festival was the highlight of the season and everyone made sure to go check it out at least once.

Harvey and Penny were the first to go once it opened and got up early one morning to make a day of it.

When they arrived Penny gasped at the sight of the blooming wisteria high in the trees and the fallen cherry blossom petals strewn all about the park by the winds of nature. Speechless by such beauty, she held her hand to her heart and Harvey couldn’t help but amorously smile at her. He loved how much she appreciated and found joy in the simple things of life. It reminded him to strive to do the same.

“Ooh look! Easter eggs!” Penny happily exclaimed, after spotting one resting on the path before them. “I love that they do egg hunts in this world too!” Her heart wished Jas and Vincent were present to join in. Every year since she became their teacher she did egg hunts with them. She gripped Harvey’s hand tighter and pulled him forward. “C’mon. Let’s go find some more!”
    Harvey smiled at the child within his love. “Alright. Sounds fun!”

As Penny leaned forward to pick up the egg, Harvey once again admired the beautiful sundress she was wearing and the way it showed off her smooth, sexy legs. It was a pleasurable treat to his eyes indeed.

52151581841_fafd254b02_c.jpg

“Wow! These eggs are huge!” Penny exclaimed.
    “Yeah, the best! Means more candy within! Hey, here’s another one.”

52152071415_07bd07f7e5_c.jpg

Harvey couldn’t remember the last time he participated in an egg hunt; he was usually busy at the clinic whenever they were going on in Pelican Town. He found himself enjoying it greatly.

52151586058_5f183ddb29_c.jpg

After collecting eggs, the two happened upon a strange machine that looked similar to those lame fortune telling machines found at most public gathering areas. Upon closer inspection they found it to be a machine that determines the depth of your current romantic relationship. It was called, “The Love Inspector.”

“Well this oughta be interesting…,” Harvey turned to Penny with a smirk.
    “Yeah,” Penny agreed with a smile, although feeling a touch of uneasiness. “Whatever it says though, we shouldn’t give it too much merit…”
    “Oh of course,” he assured. “But I have a feeling it’s going to confirm what we already know.”
    Penny’s smile beamed.

The two placed their hands on the machine’s sensor device and watched as the lights flashed up and down on the meter board while it did the scan.

52151818079_8846cf4573_c.jpg

Their result was:

Wild: Love Inspector has a feeling about you crazy kids - This could be the real thing!

“Crazy kids?” Harvey asked with an arched eyebrow.
    “Funny it would say that when we haven’t…you know,” Penny shyly expressed, thinking of it in the sexual sense.
    One side of Harvey’s mouth quirked upward. “Maybe that’s why it gave us that result. Cause we've been holding in all that wild energy until we get married.” He grinned.
    “Maybe,” she chuckled.
    “It certainly got that last part right,” he added with loving certainty, taking her hand and stroking her fingers with his thumb. “What we have is the real thing.”
    “Yes,” she coyly smiled. “I agree.”

That led them to snuggle underneath a cherry tree, talking and dreaming about their future together.

52151581306_26a6ab80da_c.jpg

It wasn’t long after Penny rested her head in Harvey’s lap that the two began to kiss, tenderly. Then long and passionately. Harvey couldn’t help caressing Penny’s leg as he kissed her, his hand gradually wandering further and further up her dress with each rub, but ultimately he restrained himself and just held her tightly to him, keeping their lips close.

52151818809_d505b67543_c.jpg

If there was one reason why he was so anxious to return home, it was to gain Pam’s acceptance and blessing to marry her daughter so he could finally make love - and a future - with Penny. He still wished to be respectful in that regard. Because he knew Pam and her temper.

However he also thought that if he and Penny found themselves still in Appaloosa for well over a year then…that “sex after marriage” rule/guideline between them might have to change. The waiting was becoming excruciating! Because they were practically engaged. Maybe Pam would understand…maybe she would understand now. He just couldn’t be sure and shrugged with a sigh. Guess we’ll cross that bridge if we get there…

Later, after eating lunch from the concession stand, the two decided to do some dancing.

They started with a little bit of silly dancing…

52152071970_24654a5d5a_c.jpg

and then on to some slow dancing, following the pace of the songs that would play.

52152072435_e6da9be171_c.jpg

Loving everything about each other and life in that very moment.

52151587253_621de92f1b_c.jpg

Of course all their other previous times spent together were just as lovely.

52151592616_c1ff1cf572_c.jpg

Penny started helping Harvey compound medicines more than Maru lately it seemed. (Maru had honestly grown a little tired of it and showed Penny some of the ropes.) Harvey was quite impressed with how well Penny picked it all up.

52152081865_b119fecfc7_c.jpg

Naturally with everything blooming under the sun since the arrival of Spring, most of the group started getting the sniffles and itchy, watery eyes. They practically begged the good Doctor for some relief. So he and Penny quickly prepared some one time allergy shots that, according to the Pharmaceutical book, would provide relief all season long!

So one morning Harvey called each person into the exam room for a quick check-up and then inoculated them all.

Afterward, all alone in the room together - purposely making herself the last patient - Penny gently pulled Harvey’s lips to hers by the flaps of his white coat and kissed him deeply. He was always extremely irresistible to her when wearing it. It had been a while since he had.

Foreheads pressed together, Penny sillily sang to him through a smile.

“‘Doctor, doctor, give me the news, I gotta…bad case of lovin’ you.’” She giggled.
    Harvey chuckled in return. “That’s a good song. I didn’t think you were familiar with it.”
    “My mom has listened to oldies my entire life so…”
    “Ah.”

52151829504_d77af865b1_c.jpg

There was a brief moment of silence as she gently rubbed her nose with his. “I feel so lucky to be marrying a doctor,” she expressed. “It gives me so much peace of mind.”
    Harvey nodded, knowing, with a blushed smile. “I know.”
    “Profession aside, you’ve always given me peace Harvey…since the moment I met you. It’s one of many reasons I fell so hard in love with you. I don't have any anxiety when I'm with you. I always feel like myself. I love you so much.”
    Affectionately gripping her waist, he whispered in return through a kiss, “I love you too. And I can’t wait to marry you.”

With Leah now six months pregnant, and with a very defined baby bump, she and Elliott mostly just took it easy in their daily activities together. They’d snuggle on a couch or their bed and make plans for the baby and their future. Elliott would play piano for her and also read to her some poetry he was working on. They also played board games, chatted with the others when they were around, and went on short walks in the evenings. However one day Leah was feeling somewhat stir-crazy and really wanted to go out somewhere fun. The Spring Festival was the perfect place to go. So she and Elliott went late that afternoon when it would be less sunny and hot. Leah was feeling constantly hot already with the extra weight she was carrying. Thankfully she would be delivering just before the sweltering heat of Summer arrived!

The first thing the two did upon arrival at the festival was to find the “Love Inspector” machine. After hearing about it from Harvey and Penny they just had to give it a go themselves.

52150571642_019d387b56_c.jpg

They were extremely pleased with the result:

Uncontrollable: Love Inspector never truly understood what love was until this very moment - How can Love Inspector ever thank the two of you?

“Totally accurate!” Leah exclaimed.
    “Yes! You are very welcome, Love Inspector,” Elliott proudly said.

52151585321_dfc4cb03f7_c.jpg

Strolling around the festival again, the two spotted some kissing booths. All it took was one specific look at each other to decide that they would forego doing something like that. Their kisses would only ever be given to each other.
    “That guy at the kissing booth is pretty hot though,” Leah had to tease her man. “If I weren’t a taken woman…”
    Elliott just rolled his eyes and tickled her.

Next they got their picture taken at the photo booth and then decided to ride the Ferris wheel. But for some reason pregnant women were not allowed to ride it, according to the android controlling it. It was disappointing, but they moved on to participate in something else. The egg hunt. It sure was fun searching for the eggs, but Leah found it a bit of a struggle to bend down and pick them up…

52151584186_b1932bec0f_c.jpg

…and she was just as surprised as Penny by the size of them.

52151584516_dc47d2ffe7_c.jpg

The two hadn’t planned on doing any dancing in that painfully bright-colored dancing area, but one song had such a hot beat to it that Elliott couldn’t restrain himself. Naturally Leah joined him.

52151587588_cda2500cce_c.jpg

She tired quickly though, so they retreated to the nearby rocking chairs to rest.

“You know, I want a rocking chair just like this one when the baby comes,” Leah hinted to Elliott.
    “Whatever you wish, my love.” He smiled at her. “They are pretty comfy for not having any padding. The contours in the wood hug my butt quite nicely.”
    Leah chuckled.

52151584821_55ed69e712_c.jpg

For the remainder of the day the two strolled around arm in arm talking and kissing and just enjoying each other’s company. It was lovely, as always.

52150566747_f511142271_c.jpg

52152075065_d68a9891e3_c.jpg

Soon Leah expressed a breath of fatigue and stopped to press on her lower back with both hands for some relief and support.

“You alright?” Elliott asked.
    “Yeah,” she assured, “nothing to worry about. I think I just overdid it a little today…My back and feet are killing me. But it was fun!”
    Tenderly, he wrapped his arm around her. “Well, let’s head home then. You can prop your feet up and relax while I make you something for dinner.”
    “That sounds wonderful,” she said with a loving smile as they headed for the car.

Back home when Harvey noticed Elliott cooking in the kitchen, which was rare, he had to inquire as to why.

That’s when he decided to pay Leah a quick visit, who was resting on Elliott’s bed.

“I’m feeling just fine Harvey…,” Leah expressed. “Even better now that I’m off my feet. Thank you for checking in on me.” Though honestly she felt like he and Elliott had been a bit overly concerned about her and the baby lately and it was getting a little wearying. However, she knew it was because they cared so she really did appreciate it.

52150566417_e0caf964d4_c.jpg

“You’re welcome. I figured you were just tired after being at the festival. I mostly came in here to inform you...,” the Doctor paused to quickly glance at the date on his watch to confirm, “that you’re overdue for your next prenatal check-up.”
    Leah slightly rolled her eyes with a disgruntled sigh. “Did you have to remind me…?”
    “That’s my job,” he chuckled.
    Playfully, she gave him a dismissive wave as she shook her head.

Even though every prenatal exam after that first initial one still felt a little awkward, Leah found herself becoming more and more comfortable with Harvey as her Obstetrician. In all honesty, there was no one else she trusted more with her care and the life of the baby. She wished she had never doubted him. I still hope to deliver the baby back home though, she wishfully thought with closed eyes and clasped hands.

In spite of her wish though, they still prepared for the most likely outcome by setting up a nice nursery area in Leah's bedroom. It pleased them both when it was finished, and got them all the more excited for the baby's arrival.

52155839896_9be7a9704f_c.jpg

For Shane and Emily, every day felt like a gift, especially for Shane. Once his life hung in the balance by a fraying thread shortly after they all landed in this world, just about to snap into the hands of death. He had finally overcome his addiction. Any thoughts related to alcohol were practically non-existent now and he never imagined he would ever get to where he was at today. He got his life back. He got love and friendship back, and he owed it all to his dear Emily. And yes, Harvey too. Every night he prayed he'd always be good enough for her…and never lose her.

He wasn’t sure if ultimately it was a good thing or a bad thing, but he finally convinced Emily to play video games with him. At first Emily didn’t find much fun in it, like she figured, but as soon as Shane started issuing challenges and making the play more interesting, she began to enjoy it. Eventually they got highly competitive with each other.

52151829954_dd6af5534b_c.jpg

It was so intense sometimes that they’d play for hours trying to beat the other person and become the victor, expressing many disgruntled frustrations in the process. Then afterward…they would release all the suppressed tension in the bedroom at night.

One brisk afternoon while everyone else decided it was the perfect weather to go out on the town, Shane and Emily decided to stay home and take a dip in the hot tub.

“Hey,” Shane smirked at her, after she bid the other’s goodbye, “you wanna skinny dip? Since we’re the only one’s home now?”

52150579207_fc630300b0_c.jpg

Emily’s jaw dropped at his suggestion. She’d never gone skinny dipping before, but there was always something a little tempting about attempting it. Most likely in this case it was just her incredibly sexy and irresistible boyfriend. “You are naughty,” she playfully accused, “but…what the heck? Let’s do it!” she shrugged, getting ready to take off her shirt.
    “Woah woah woah,” Shane rushed over to stop her. “Allow me.”

“Oooh, this feels nice,” Emily breathed after getting in, leaning back and lacing her fingers together behind her head.
    “Oooooh yeah…,” Shane agreed, doing the same.
    “Now I’m feeling naughty,” she snickered.
    “You are naughty.”

52151830449_08c8b47d96_c.jpg

It didn’t take long for one thing to lead to another…

52151597018_83a0414191_c.jpg

52151597323_0dac2e2c6b_c.jpg

52150576587_95921547e8_c.jpg

When the two eventually made it to the Spring Festival, they decided to try out the “Love Inspector” just as the others had to see what result they would get.

52152083715_e37cc19684_c.jpg

Burning: Love Inspector declares that you two have found true love - Hang onto each other.

HELL YES!” Shane declared in a victorious tone. “One hundred percent true!”
    Emily squealed with glee. “Wow! I didn’t think it would be that accurate! WOO!”

52151597633_8990432a20_c.jpg

“Even this silly machine knows we’re the best couple out of them all…,” Shane said, leaning into her with a smirk, “...and the one’s that are gonna make it ‘til the very end.” He kissed her neck.
    “Oh you,” Emily expressed, loving his words and gentle kisses. “I think the others are going to make it too, but yes, you are right in that we are the best couple.” And she kissed him.

After enjoying a long ride on the Ferris wheel…

52151597703_2767d0b8da_c.jpg

52152083985_9191283287_c.jpg

…they passed by the kissing booths. The female android attending the booth for the males was greatly beckoning to Shane with blow-kisses to which he and Emily swore they could see clear as day floating in the air towards him.

52151597883_d5769d093c_c.jpg

“Looks like android girl wants me to kiss her bad,” Shane turned to Emily with a smug grin.
    “Who doesn’t?” Emily came back with a smirk.
    “You mind if I show her a kiss unlike any she’s ever experienced before?”
    “Go for it!” Emily grinned, folding her arms over her chest. “I gotta see this…” He was indeed an incredible kisser.

The android woman seemed positively thrilled that Shane finally approached her. (Maybe they were programmed to react that way; no one really knew.) Because her eyes went as wide as a child’s when getting their very first puppy.

With an alluring expression, Shane gently stroked her chin with his fingertips…

52152084175_297416827a_c.jpg

…and lured her in closer with his luscious, tempting lips…

52151831954_584dcc0b84_c.jpg

Once their lips met…

52151598278_d8fc231605_c.jpg

…some burning loins must’ve developed within the android woman - if that was even possible - because one kiss from Shane just wasn’t enough for her. She wanted more. She moaned and gripped the hair on the back of his head, surprising him a bit, pulling him in for another, stronger kiss. Then another…and another…

Shane gave in. After all, he did say he was going to give her a kiss unlike any she ever had.

52152084350_1a373c6132_c.jpg

After what seemed like a world rocking make-out session to Emily, the android woman blissfully sighed when the kiss was over, resting her elbows on the table and chin within her hands as she gave Shane the dreamiest of looks.

“Farewell my dear lady android admirer,” Shane said in parting.

All she did was sigh again.

52151832234_949fd4e4c4_c.jpg

Shane then turned to his love and said, “You may kiss hottie android dude over there now if you want. Fair is fair.”
    “I think I just might. But first…,” she stopped, gripping his shoulders and pulling his lips towards hers. She wanted to get a taste of that hot kiss he gave the android woman.

And maybe let her know who Shane really belonged to.

52151595006_fdab5b8e86_c.jpg

The android man giving out kisses was indeed attractive. In fact, the most handsome one Emily had ever seen during their whole time in Appaloosa. Her heart fluttered a bit when he blew a kiss at her.

52151832399_f12ab99c00_c.jpg

Despite that though, she stepped forward and gave him a short, very sweet kiss.

52151598668_ecea42c135_c.jpg

Then promptly she turned back towards Shane and mumbled, “That’s how a kissing booth kiss is normally supposed to go.”
    “Yeah yeah, you’re just jealous,” he teased.

52151832484_fc09249664_c.jpg

They didn’t do much at the festival after that, they found most of the activities to be pretty boring. When it was dinner time they grabbed some food at the concession stand, ate, and then played a round of horseshoes.

52151595003_7667374e57_c.jpg

52151591676_d7f1edb851_c.jpg

Overall it had been a pretty nice outing and just another day in their personal paradise.

52150578132_e77582cdfa_c.jpg

More to come! :blush: Stay tuned!

Author's Notes:

-The two sims at the kissing booths were - for the ladies - my personally created Jensen Ackles sim :love: and - for the guys - Bekkasan's simself. :mrgreen: For as much as Bekkasan loves my Shane, I just had to do it. Hee hee!
    S, I had SO much fun "filming" and writing about that kiss, you have no idea! :lol: I hope you loved the heck out of it. (I get the feeling you did. ;):kissing_heart: )

-If any of you are curious about/unfamiliar with the song Penny was briefly singing to Harvey, you can give it a listen here:

"Bad Case of Loving You" (Doctor, doctor) - Robert Palmer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z9DwMKvqcc

Would it be possible for the music we enjoy here to also be music that's around in the Stardew Valley world? Well...yes...I'd like to think so. 😜 👍

Post edited by emorrill on
    @emorrill

Awwwww, this was sooo cuteeee!!! <3<3<3 .
    I loved seeing them all having lots of fun, Leah's bump is so cute and she's glowing!.
    Penny and Harvey are adorable together, they seemed to enjoy their outing a lot too!
    *PSA*

Well y'all, as much as I had planned to end Pelican Town to Sims Town on an even numbered chapter, I took a hard look at the whole of Chapter 18 on my blog and realized…it was long. Too long. And the Christmas celebration really was a beautiful high note to end the Chapter with. Sigh…

So it was time to swallow my OCD :lol: and create a 19th and final chapter to the story. It’s all good! 😁👍 It honestly feels right to do it. :blush:

I have made the proper change in the update post. :)

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you for the sweet comments. <3 I could totally feel how much you loved all the romantic stuff going on. :blush:
    Leah is glowing isn't she? I bet y'all are very curious as to what she and Elliott are going to have? :smirk: 💙 💜
    Guess you'll have to wait a little longer and see. :mrgreen:

@emorrill I loved the update. <3 So full of happy sims having fun and romance with each other.
    Your description of spring arriving was wonderful.
    Penny's hair is so pretty and love the dress. I would probably never wear a dress to a festival (not a dress girl) but she is cute and feminine so I see her totally doing it. Harvey looks very relaxed and young in his geek tee. I kept scrolling the pictures to see the full shirt but he was always either turned a little or his arms were in the way. :grin:

Leah is adorable with her baby belly. :smiley: I'm still not crazy about Elliott's hair pulled back. He just looks too different. I'm way to used to those flowing romantic locks.
    Hmm, I'm wondering if the ferris wheel can be changed in s3pe or retuner about pregnant sims riding. I'll have to look it up sometime. Not using it in my current game so never thought about it.
    Leah's dress is very pretty and spring like.
    Love the pose of them walking with her on the borders. :love: I love using that one. It's very natural looking.
    Happy to see Elliott taking good care of Leah by fixing dinner. Very happy that Harvey checked on her to be sure all is well.
    I'm looking forward to the little one.

I love seeing Shane having fun with Emily! Especially hot tub fun! :love:
    Glad they got a chance to go to the festival!
    I do love the love machines guesses for all the couples. Perfect for the first three couples.
    Love the pose on the bench of them kissing.

hmm, pigtails? Pigtails! No way would my simself wear pigtails. Especially with ribbons that don't match her dress! She wears ponies or braids and even a funky bun, but not pigtails! That must be someone else's simself. :lol:
    Yes, my simself would totally be kissing Shane in front of his Emily. :heart: It's for charity after all. :lol: That dreamy look on her face is to die for! I totally loved it...even the pigtails. She's adorable. :heart: And that kiss looked totally hot. :love:

I can't wait for you to finish up the rest of the spring fun with the couples. I know they are not a couple but I'm anxious to see if Maru (haha, I typed Mara first) and Alex try the love tester or if they skip it. I'm sad that the story is coming to a close, but anxious to see what you come up with next as well. :grin:
    @bekkasan Yay!! I'm so glad to hear how much you loved this update. :mrgreen: (Even though I knew you would. ;)<3 )
    Your description of spring arriving was wonderful.
    ^Thank you. <3
    Harvey looks very relaxed and young in his geek tee. I kept scrolling the pictures to see the full shirt but he was always either turned a little or his arms were in the way. :grin:
    ^Oh I know it, I noticed that too. :confounded: It was too late when I did though so I was like, Oh well. :p
    I never thought to change the Ferris wheel settings in S3PE to allow pregnant sims. :) Guess I could give it a try sometime.
    Love the pose of them walking with her on the borders. :love: I love using that one. It's very natural looking.
    ^Thanks. It's one of my favorite poses too. :blush:
    Shane and Emily's hot tub fun was a last minute idea. :smirk: I'm glad I included it. :mrgreen:
    Yeah the Love Inspector did pretty well inspecting the first 3 couples didn't it? ;)
    Glad you liked the bench kiss. <3 New favorite pose of mine.
    I know...the dreaded pigtails. :confounded: I so wanted to change it out, but...she was already glitching out (not showing up and then not manning her post the way she should, it was kinda driving me nuts. :grimace: ) and I didn't want something else to get screwed up by changing her booth look. Gotta love this game sometimes...
    But yes it was a VERY hot kiss between her and Shane. <3<3 I could almost see the steam rising! ;) Like I said I wish I'd recorded it for you. :smirk:
    I can't wait for you to finish up the rest of the spring fun with the couples. I know they are not a couple but I'm anxious to see if Maru (haha, I typed Mara first) and Alex try the love tester or if they skip it.
    ^We'll see. :smirk: (Mara, haha! :lol: ) I can't wait to share more! Hopefully soon! (Like this coming week. 👍 ) I've already got most of it written up. Then I gotta stage and write the grand finale. :star:
    I know...I'm sad it's ending too. :( Feels like the end of an era...like when I ended Sam Beckett's story...
    It always love reading your comments. Thank you for always being sweet. :kissing_heart:

Surprise picture for y'all. :blush:

I decided that I wanted to include a picture of Elliott and Leah together after setting up a space for the baby. <3 It will be added to Chapter 19 in their highlight spot - with some text - soon. I love how it turned out! <3 (Even if I wish his hands rested a little lower onto her belly. ;) It's cool though. )

52155839896_9be7a9704f_c.jpg

• meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @emorrill Aww, that was a really cute update :blush: . So many happy couples! Leah's baby bump looks adorable and the owl crib in their nursery is so cute <3 . I think my favorite couple are Shane and Emily though - I love that picture of them cuddling on the bench. Nice to see everybody so happy.
    Woo! Fun update. Go Shane and Emily. :mrgreen:

No, you're not allowed to end this. You can have a final Chapter 19, but you have to continue it with Chapter 19 part 1, then part 2, then part 3, etc. >:)
    @meerkattime Hey girl. Glad you enjoyed this new update. <3
    The moment I found the owl crib I was like :open_mouth: I must have! SO cute!!! 🥰 I've always been a bird lover. 🦉🐦🦚🦆🦜
    Yeah, Shane and Emily have become my second favorite couple. :blush: I love Harvey and Penny too much. :p
    That bench kiss pose is a new favorite of mine. :blush:

@KevinL5275 I had a feeling you would like that part of the Shane and Emily highlight. :smirk:
    No, you're not allowed to end this. You can have a final Chapter 19, but you have to continue it with Chapter 19 part 1, then part 2, then part 3, etc. >:)
    ^LOL! :lol:

Ohhhh goodness. I know that's the "thing" to do in writing these days, but...I'll never be that kind of writer. I'm old school! ;)

I'm trying not to think too hard about the ending right now... :cry: I've had the perfect song in mind for it for a few months now and I listened to it yesterday and...I was near tears.
    But it's good. It will all be good. <3

Thank you both for the sweet comments. 💜
    Oh I like all the highlights, I just lost my concentration at that part. ;)

As the others said, awesome job on your details and descriptions. You're so good that just your text tells the story, and the pictures are almost not needed. :)

The pigtails are funny (in a good way) and you captured their kissing expressions perfectly. I'll have to give that a try and see for myself. :*
    @KevinL5275 I see. ;)
    As the others said, awesome job on your details and descriptions. You're so good that just your text tells the story, and the pictures are almost not needed. :)
    ^Thank you. <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top