Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👽 Miller Legacy 🛸

Comments

• WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    I just came across this and started to read the story on the blog. I love it so far! Thank you for sharing it :)
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 774 Member
    @SnowBnuuy , @mightysprite and @WinterKhirin , thanks again for reading and your nice comments!

This week I'm not doing anything sims-related because I'm following the Eurovision Song Contest, but I'm gonna be back soon! :)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
    That's quite alright, gives me a chance to catch up with the story lol
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

Chapter 2.16 is out! (link)

Troubles? Who said troubles? :s
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
    Chapter 2.17 is out! (link)

Poor Leo, he's having a very difficult time in this chapter... Could at least the ending lift him up a bit?
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Such a sweet chapter! You write the alien characters so well.
    gen3-banner.png
    Thanks a lot to you both!

Meanwhile, here there is chapter 2.18! (link)

Generation 3 is very close by now, and the paths the boys are about to take are getting clearer and clearer...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 2.19 is out! (link)

Orion is gonna have a lot to explain to his family, that's for sure...
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Up to 2.14.
    It's a shame that they have to start wearing disguises, forging fake ID documents for others and using fake names and such...Shouldn't have to hide like that, especially in the place where you live. I feel terrible for them.
    they/them or she/her
    Chapter 2.20 is out! (link)!

It's about time to pass to generation 3, and here there is a chapter about Leo and his life choices.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 2.21 is out! (link)

A few times I was told I'm too evil with the characters of my stories, and probably there were not wrong...
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Caught up finally!
    I hate to say it, but I think the Sixamian in Chapter 2.15 has a point when he asks how much longer can they pretend to be a normal human family. As much as things have improved, some of them still feel the need for disguises to fit in. The Pirates won't improve relations at all, but also even after all this time and effort they still need to hide themselves. Only so long you can cover your true self up without starting to lose that sense of self. I love how the cats have to be centre of attention even during dinner. Love when the game AI is realistic XD As for the issue with the arrest, well, they wouldn't have to have made whole fake new identities and records if, I don't know, humans didn't suck and the Sixam Pirates kept their mouths shut? I hope some good comes to these characters ;-;
    they/them or she/her
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    Caught up finally!
    I hate to say it, but I think the Sixamian in Chapter 2.15 has a point when he asks how much longer can they pretend to be a normal human family. As much as things have improved, some of them still feel the need for disguises to fit in. The Pirates won't improve relations at all, but also even after all this time and effort they still need to hide themselves. Only so long you can cover your true self up without starting to lose that sense of self. I love how the cats have to be centre of attention even during dinner. Love when the game AI is realistic XD As for the issue with the arrest, well, they wouldn't have to have made whole fake new identities and records if, I don't know, humans didn't suck and the Sixam Pirates kept their mouths shut? I hope some good comes to these characters ;-;

answer under spoiler
    The situation for this generation was a real mess, both for humans and for aliens it was quite hard to come to term and accept the fact that also aliens are living on Earth now, and, in response, many are acting for what they believe is a good cause but, in the long run, they only end worsening the situation... And I agree that the Millers weren't an exception in this, it's quite sad how they felt so abandoned by the institutions and they just turned their backs, coming to the conclusion that they could have had a better life and could have helped more other aliens if they disguised themselves as humans and broke the law (badly). They would surely deserve something better, but it also true that we are just at the end of generation 2 in a 10 generations legacy, so there are still so many things waiting for them...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    The last chapter of generation 2, chapter 2.22, is out! link

2if86miljyb3.png
    And here there is also the summary for Generatio 2 (link)

It is quite longer than the one for generation 1, both because I wanted to resume some of the events of the previous generation and about Luna's childhood, and because this generation was just less linear than the previous one.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    I'm still working on catching up, but I seriously love the simplicity yet diversity of your story. It's fun to read through and brief enough to still understand what's been going on in each chapter. I'm on 1.19 now. Will be caught up at some point in time. But it definitely inspires me to try and do some documenting as well and see if it helps me stay with a family longer.

I'm still working on catching up, but I seriously love the simplicity yet diversity of your story. It's fun to read through and brief enough to still understand what's been going on in each chapter. I'm on 1.19 now. Will be caught up at some point in time. But it definitely inspires me to try and do some documenting as well and see if it helps me stay with a family longer.

Thanks a lot for the nice comments! And I'm also very glad this is inspiring you to document your gameplay, I admit that writing this story alongside the playing part really helped me in continuing this save for so long without getting bored or falling into repetitive gameplay.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 3.2 is out! (link)

I admit I was quite short on time with these few chapters, there really is a lot going on...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 3.3 is out! (link)

A new case to investigate? Where will this bring the Millers to?
    2if86miljyb3.png
    edited June 2022
    As a funny side note, I think that many of us have lost the infamous count Vladislaus Straud IV at quite unexpected points in their saves. Here is what happened to me when playing with the Millers:

E2CXvOy.png

ZXsYPLh.png

zzElQU1.png

ywGVJXc.png

6MueMjv.png

Absolutely accidental, no one could disagree... XD And what is Orion doing in there, btw?
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Haha! So what happened exactly? Did two different people freeze-ray Vlad?
    gen3-banner.png
    Haha! So what happened exactly? Did two different people freeze-ray Vlad?

It's actually the same person wearing different clothes, several hours passed between these pictures. The scene was still hilarious to play though XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 3.4 is out (link)

This is quite of a transition chapter, but a lot of things which will be important in the following are happening...

I also take this chance to point out that the next week I'm busy with a work journey, so see you in early July!
    2if86miljyb3.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top