Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring 2022 Roadmap Revealed!

Comments

• Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    Wow there's so much info about the 3 new packs I can't wait to buy them πŸ₯±πŸ™„
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I have no choice but to be patient and sit quietly on the sidelines waiting to see what new packs I can't buy nor play when they do eventually come out...

My desktop gaming computer crashed on me a few weeks ago, so I can't play the Sims until I have the time to take it in and get it diagnosed and fixed. In the meantime, I'm using my old dinosaur laptop to stay in touch with the world... but it definitely can't handle the Sims game (nor does it have the hdd space).

We also bought a small farm a few months ago so all my time has been spent going back and forth between the houses, lawyers, real estate agents, insurance agents, etc. Packing the house, deep cleaning the house, making arrangements with contractors for renovations, etc etc. And then, at some point, put this house on the market to sell it once we're completely moved out of here.

And wouldn't you know it? In the middle of all that, hubby and I get struck down with Covid three weeks ago. He was over it within 5 days, whereas I'm only just now slowly starting to feel human again, but my lungs are still congested and my breathing still isn't great, so I'm not quite back to my normal self just yet. All I can do is ride it out and wait.

And while I've been laid up with this stupid illness, what's the one thing I could've enjoyed doing while trying to nurse myself back to health? Yeah... playing the Sims. But nooooooo, I can't because my one and only gaming computer konked out on me just a handful of days before getting sick. *heavy sigh*

Packing, moving, renovating, computer crash, covid....

When it rains, it pours, dagnabit! :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I have no choice but to be patient and sit quietly on the sidelines waiting to see what new packs I can't buy nor play when they do eventually come out...

My desktop gaming computer crashed on me a few weeks ago, so I can't play the Sims until I have the time to take it in and get it diagnosed and fixed. In the meantime, I'm using my old dinosaur laptop to stay in touch with the world... but it definitely can't handle the Sims game (nor does it have the hdd space).

We also bought a small farm a few months ago so all my time has been spent going back and forth between the houses, lawyers, real estate agents, insurance agents, etc. Packing the house, deep cleaning the house, making arrangements with contractors for renovations, etc etc. And then, at some point, put this house on the market to sell it once we're completely moved out of here.

And wouldn't you know it? In the middle of all that, hubby and I get struck down with Covid three weeks ago. He was over it within 5 days, whereas I'm only just now slowly starting to feel human again, but my lungs are still congested and my breathing still isn't great, so I'm not quite back to my normal self just yet. All I can do is ride it out and wait.

And while I've been laid up with this stupid illness, what's the one thing I could've enjoyed doing while trying to nurse myself back to health? Yeah... playing the Sims. But nooooooo, I can't because my one and only gaming computer konked out on me just a handful of days before getting sick. *heavy sigh*

I know how you feel. I just sold my house and I'm in the process of moving into a new one. I've been super busy and haven't really had time to do much gaming. That's why I'm not too upset about not getting any new info on the upcoming packs.
    He/Him
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    edited May 2022
    Looks like we have an SDX coming next week. I'd be surprised now if we hear anything this week, unless it's on Friday ahead of a Monday SDX. I feel like Monday or Tuesday is when we will likely get the news we've being dying to hear. They could still make an announcement this week but it feels like next week to coincide with the SDX.

My guess now, we get the news and SDX on the 24th, the first kit on the 31st, the GP on the 14th to go along with the full moon that night, and the other kit on June 28th heading into the Summer Roadmap announcement on July 5th.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member

@AncientMuse hope you're feeling better soon. 😊
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    According to Sims Community the SDX will drop on Wednesday, the 25th.

The artist has also revealed on her Instagram Story that the Sims Delivery Express featuring her song will be dropping on May 25th, 2022! We’re not sure if anything else will be added to the game through this SDX drop, but we’ll definitely keep you updated!

https://simscommunity.info/2022/05/18/new-sims-delivery-express-for-the-sims-4-dropping-next-week/
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,332 EA Community Manager

Yikes! Hope you're back on your feet sooner rather than later.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

hope you get well
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    @DaniRose2143 lol, I would have loved to hear your Scottish accent. The Scottish accent can vary, even within a local area. It's probably a bit of a stretch to a Scot's ears, but I can see how you got that. Very cute.
    @Chaotic_Moira Thank you. I was like, it's always a male wolf leading a pack. We can turn into werewolves and lead a pack just as well as the men! And I'm equally taken with your idea for Little Red Riding Hood. I hope you post pics of that story if you play it out.

How about: Red Riding Hood as pack leader :sunglasses: I think she would make lovely leader to the wolves
    the poor wolf posing as grandma definitely did not expect that

Yeah I have been playing with ideas where either she, or the grandmother are a wolf. I have two directions I keep going back to.

1, Red is a good wolf, who discovers a bad wolf killed granny, and seeks justice.
    2, Granny is a wolf from an ancient linage, who wanted her children to follow the family customs and voluntarily turn, but they chose to live human. So granny turns Red (her only grandchild), causing all kinds of family drama..

Not sure yet...
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth
    https://youtu.be/_wO8toxinoc
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    @AncientMuse sorry to hear that and hope things are looking up for you soon! Pretty soon you will be playing some Cottage Living, in real life...
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

Get better soon. Hope you can get back to Sims 4. 😎😊

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! πŸ˜Šβ˜•οΈπŸŒž
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Keeping my expectations on the super down low (as usual).

I DO hope that GP is werewolves, not that it's something that I personally have been pining away for but i know there are a LOT of people who have been. So it would be nice to actually have the "main 3 occults" in the game finally.

And kits? *shrugs* .... not really excited about them, would have preferred a stuff pack instead, but I won't turn them down (unless it's super, super niched, like some of the other ones I passed on were).

They showed a werewolf shadow in the very last picture, so it's a done deal, plus the howl and the moon in it's reveal pic.
    I’m guessing 2 CAS kits, 1 party clothes/brand collab and the other pajamas/loungewear and the game pack will be werewolves.
    I'd agree with that. But I really hope it's not yet more party clothes πŸ™„

I'm happy for all the werewolf fans, I hope it is done really well then it might even appeal to me too.

As for the others, looks like someone else had it pegged right about something in the backyard and the last one looks to be something love related to me. I know some said clothes, but even though she's dressed up there is the kiss/heart stuff, so maybe some type of date night or something related to love? After the junk kits we've gotten lately(clothes- unless it's usable I just don't like them much because much of it looks too much like what we have), even the kits look a little hopeful. I'm hoping they get back to work and make some packs worth buying.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @AncientMuse Sorry to hear about all your troubles. Hope everything gets better quickly for you and you are able to get your computer up and running well again. Congratulations on your small farm! Once you get through the settling in process, hope you are able to relax and enjoy it. Covid is miserable, even when fully vaccinated. Glad your husband is feeling better and hope you are back to good health soon!
    sounds like a fun kit
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    @AncientMuse congrats on your new farm! I'm sending well wishes and virtual get well hugs to you ❀❀
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Has anyone considered June 21 as the werevolves release date? The solstice is their most important magical day.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Thanks for all the kind remarks, everyone! <3

I think I'm suffering with withdrawal symptoms from not playing the game for what feels like an eternity. :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Has anyone considered June 21 as the werevolves release date? The solstice is their most important magical day.
    I asked Alexa today when Spring officially ends and she said June 21st...
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    Are we getting werewolves for sure? Or are we still waiting for confirmation on what the GP will be?
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    edited May 2022
    @muzickmage We are technically still waiting but there are three hints that werewolves are coming. The scene on the movie screen in the pic for Little Campers, plus a full moon in the shot as well. In the game there is a clue on the main menu, a drawing of a werewolf plushie in a tent in the upper left part of the screen.