Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If Seasons had come with a world...

GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
edited May 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
As we all know, Seasons is the only EP so far that didn’t come with a new world. But it recently occurred to me that, with a few tweaks here and there, Mt. Komorebi would have been perfect for it:
  • Yukimatsu, the neighbourhood in the upper part of the map, could be left as it is, an eternal winter wonderland with winter sports activities to respresent the cold season.
  • The middle neighbourhood, Senbamachi, is described in the game as the "town of a thousand leaves", making me think of autumn. It could represent both autumn and spring by having mild windy and rainy weather throughout the year, and the odd blizzard or heatwave once in a blue moon.
  • Then there’s Wakaba, which already comes with a swimmable body of water. Turn some of the grass into sand, make the weather perpetually sunny and warm, with only mild, snowless winters similar to the ones in Oasis Springs, and you get a neighbourhood representing summer.
The three neighbourhoods are located on the same mountain, but at different altitudes, explaining the radically different weather conditions, and the more I think about it, the more I want to make it my headcanon that Mt. Komorebi came with Seasons.

So, if the Seasons EP had given us a world, what kind of world do you think would have been best to represent its features? It can be an entirely new world, or one that is already in the game.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Worlds are made to showcase the gameplay elements. We didn't have snow sports in Seasons, nor sunbathing or swimming, so I don't think Mt. Komorebi would have been a good world to supply with Seasons EP. I think a world like Henford on Bagley, geared towards plant growing and where you can see the seasons change, would have been good though.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    You're right from a realistic point of view, we also didn't have swimmable lakes or rivers at the time Seasons came out. I should have made it more clear that I'm thinking more along the lines of what could have been. When Snowy Escape was announced, some people were wondering if weather and temperature would be added to the base game now, or how else winter sports in a perpetually cold neighbourhood were going to work. In hindsight, the best way to avoid selling some of the same features in two separate packs would have been to include them all in Seasons.

But yeah, Henford-on-Bagley would probably be my second choice. It's a world that lets you experience all kinds of weather and seasons throughout the year, and farming and seasons go hand in hand anyway.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,839 Member
    The type of world that really showcases the changing seasons is Brindleton Bay. It captures the seasons really well for me. Henford-on-Bagley does a good job too for the most part. I haven't played in HoB during winter. Maybe another Brindleton in a different part of the world, say interior parts of British Columbia so that you could trade the coastline for mountains.

Or maybe another European locale. I'm tempted to say Germany but that is sort of what Windenberg is. I feel like Seasons world was already in place and that pack was more of an enhancement of gameplay in existing worlds.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Something like Martha's Vineyard would have been nice.
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Riverblossom Hills from The Sims 2. That can be a free update for Seasons along with gameplay like swimming pool cleaning and lawn mowing for BG.