Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-may02.jpg
    May 2: Recruits!

Special Appearances By: Cale Conrad ( @Karababy52 ), Aaron Winterson ( @afai1261 ), Aldo Holloway ( @Llandros2012 ), Bryon Ellison ( @Skeilah ), Dylan Healy ( @SoulGal7 ), Adam Strong ( @RememberJoy )
    The military allowed all the newly enlisted Sims to spend the day meeting the batallions they will be with. Troops were divided into separate areas. Once they get familiar with who they will be spending their time with and getting to know the areas of their base camp, the real business will begin.

D.J. sees two other familiar faces. He arrived by bus with Adam Strong, but he also notices Cale Conrad and Aaron Winterson. These two were dormmates with him at Britechester University.

dj-05-020.jpg

D.J. thinks Aldo Holloway is a Sim who looked like he was meant for the military. Maybe he already is and wasn't drafted. Aldo wasn't the type to hang out with the others, but rather found the gym and stayed there most of the day. He would talk to others, but only when approached.

dj-05-021.jpg

Byron Ellison stood out because of his blue hair. D.J. had only seen one other Sim with different color hair that wasn't a natural color, and that was Velma. She dyed her hair purple. Talking to Bryon, D.J. finds out that he dyed his hair the bright blue to rebel against his father when he was a teenager.

dj-05-022.jpg

Last, but not least, D.J. meets Dylan Healy. D.J. notices Dylan is very outgoing, but also tends to look around as if he is looking for someone or watching his surroundings.

dj-05-023.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    edited May 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-may03.jpg
    May 3: Lacking Corporal!

Special Appearances By: Cale Conrad ( @Karababy52 ), Aaron Winterson ( @afai1261 ), Aldo Holloway ( @Llandros2012 ), Bryon Ellison ( @Skeilah ), Dylan Healy ( @SoulGal7 ), Adam Strong ( @RememberJoy )
    Grand Marshal Reece enters the barracks around 6:00am. He looks around at his recruits all sound asleep.

dj-05-024.jpg

"WAKE UP YOU MAGGOTS!" Reece shouts.

dj-05-025.jpg

Startled at the sound of yelling, Cale, Aaron, Dylan, D.J., Aldo, Bryon, and Adam jump out of bed and stand at the side of their beds.

"You're all probably wondering why you're here." Reece says in a loud voice, but not shouting. "You're here because we require you here. And sadly, I was chosen to babysit you all. You'll do what I want you to do. You'll say what I want you to say. You'll go where I want you to go. Is that clear?"

Shouts of "Yes, Sir!" were made from the recruits. Reece notices Cale has a big grin on his face.

dj-05-026.jpg

Reece approaches Cale. "What are you so darn happy about, soldier?" He yells in Cale's face.
    "I was thinking of all the hot military ladies that will be here." Cale replies.
    "No you won't!" Reece demands. "And you'll follow suit with everyone else and call me Sir. You got that?"
    "Uh, yes...sir."
    "You're here to follow my orders, not pick up females. If you need some cheap thrills, there's two bathrooms at the end on the other side. There will be no hanky panky woohooing in my barracks. Now drop and give me 20 for making me have to explain all that to you!"

dj-05-027.jpg
    dj-05-031.jpg

Reece walks to the other side of the barracks.

"StrangerVille is under quarantine. The whole town." Reece says beginning his speech. "Your job is to make sure no one enters and no one leaves. It's that simple. You'll see scientists in lab coats wandering around. Leave them be and don't ask questions. You'll remain hanging around the gates to the town and here during your on duty. You may see some Sims looking like they're zombified. They'll look and walk funny. Just give them a good slap in the face and tell them to go home. Do your job, and you'll get paid like a job."

Reece continues, "Off duty, you'll still remain here, but there's also a bar you can entertain yourself at." Reece looks over at Cale. "You will not flirt or pick up anyone from the bar. You can socialize, but you will not discuss anything regarding the military, scientists, or why there are zombified townsfolk wandering the streets. I would be so happy to throw any of you in the brig so I wouldn't have to babysit you. Do you all understand this?"

The recruits all shout, "Yes, sir!"

dj-05-028.jpg

Reece looks over at D.J. "You!" He says and approaches D.J. "You look like you have your head on your shoulders. When I'm not around here, you're in charge. You look like a perfect babysitter. Do you have any kids?"
    "No, sir!" D.J. responds.
    "You do now. You have six of them. All the others here. Look after them. I'm changing your rank to Lacking Corporal. If I have to reprimand any of them, it comes back on you. So, I advise you make sure they all do their commanding duties." Glancing at Cale, "And I suggest you make sure they keep it in their shorts as well."

dj-05-029.jpg
    dj-05-030.jpg

"Now get dressed and get to work." Reece demands.

He hands each of the recruits a piece of paper what exactly they need to be doing. D.J. is assigned to walk and patrol the town borders. After Reece leaves, Adam approaches D.J. and gives him a fist bump.

"Wow, you ranked up pretty fast." Adam says to D.J.
    "I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad." D.J. replies. "I've never been in charge of doing anything before."
    "We've got your back if you have ours." Bryon interjects.

dj-05-032.jpg

Although it was Spring, the weather was hot in StrangerVille. The recruits changed into some light clothing they received upon entering. From there, they left the barracks to start their new jobs.

dj-05-033.jpg

Side Note:
    D.J. entered the Military Career and jumped ahead to Lacking Corporal. I assumed he would just start from the beginning, but I guess his University Degree helped a little on this career as well.
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited May 2022
    May 15th: A shocking revelation

R3DWJLT.png
    When we all sat down to eat breakfast, I told Kaori about the text my mother had sent.
    EB05glg.png
    "She wants me to go alone," I explained. "She says she won't answer any of my questions otherwise."
    "I guess I didn't make a very good impression on her last time," Kaori said, smiling wryly.
    "She's a control freak," I said waving my hand dismissively. "She doesn't like anyone who stands up to her. If she did like you I'd be more concerned."
    "Well," Kaori said more seriously, "you make sure to let her know that if I don't see you back here by nightfall, I'll teleport up to her house and tear it apart brick by brick until I find you."
    "I'll let her know," I laughed, "but I don't think you have much to worry about. She seems to have lost interest in me a long time ago."
    4VqKFXV.png

When I arrived at her house, her Servo directed me out to the pool where I found her waiting for me.
    R3DWJLT.png
    "You're early," she said, stirring her drink.
    "And yet you're still here waiting for me," I said coldly.
    "Of course," she said. "I'm always aware of what you're up to."
    I sighed and sat down across from her. I'd always suspected she kept close tabs on me, maybe it was time to ask how close.
    "Am I chipped or do you just have a lot of people working for you?" I asked.
    GCRelNM.png
    "Both," she said casually. "I have a lot of friends in high places who own me favors, so I usually get what I want."
    "I thought you lost interest in me when I was still a child," I asked in frustration, "why are you still keeping such close tabs on me?"
    She looked at me coolly. "Watching you make your way through life has been an interesting exercise," she said passively. "It's the reason why I sent you off on your own at such a young age. You weren't doing anything interesting while living with me."
    "Let me guess," I said, shaking my head. "The plot of land in Mt Komorebi wasn't actually from my grandfather, was it?"
    "Of course not," she smirked. "My parents are idiots and I cut ties with them long before your birth. I knew you wouldn't go if you thought it was from me, so I wrote the letter and placed it in the mail."
    I just glared at her but she just shrugged, "It worked. You left and even did all the things I suggested you do in the letter. In exchange I got to observe you and see how you handled life on your own."
    "And the clones?" I asked.
    "I didn't send them," she said, "but I can guess who may have."
    "Darius Lord?"
    She laughed. "No, he's much more subtle than even I am."
    I figured since I'd brought him up, I might as well dive into the subject now.
    "So who is he?" I asked. "How do you know him?"
    q0OPctM.png
    She studied my face, a slight smile pulling at her lips.
    "For being his son," she said, "you don't really look a thing like him."
    "His w-what?" I asked, suddenly feeling cold despite the desert heat.
    XsBtwC4.png
    "Yes," she said, seeming to enjoy her revelation. "You're the offspring of one of the most powerful vampires in the world. Now you know my disappointment."
    My head whirled as I tried to wrap it around this new information.
    "Why?" I finally managed to ask.
    "I wished to study a vampire up close," she explained. "I used my contacts and convinced Darius that we could be of help to each other. He was in need of something that could destroy the previous Master Vampire, Vladislaus Straud, and in return he agreed to impregnate me with his child."
    I shuddered at that mental image.
    "Unfortunately," she continued, "when you turned out not to carry the vampiric gene, I was left raising a regular human child. I cannot express how disappointed I was when Darius confirmed my suspicions when you were a small child."
    BNKkhAM.png
    "Is that when I saw him?" I asked.
    "Yes," she said simply.
    I sat rolling everything I'd just learned over in my head for a bit, but there was still something that I didn't understand.
    "Was there something I did that upset him?" I finally asked. "Because I don't understand why he suddenly seemed to take an interest in me, or why he took it out on Kaori's grandparents."
    She leaned back in her chair and smiled.
    LJgfz7a.png
    "You may not have inherited his vampiric abilities, boy," she said, "but technically you are his firstborn. When you went off and became a spellcaster, it was the equivalent to going up to him and spitting directly in his face. They're terrible enemies spellcasters and vampires, and you, his own flesh and blood becoming one of them is something he cannot allow. He will not stop until he finds you. If you refuse to be turned, he will kill you and your family."
    Her last words fell on me like a bucket of ice water and suddenly I wanted to get home and make sure Kaori and Carol were OK.
    zQxweW7.png
    I rose to my feet without thinking, "I need to go," I said, and she just nodded.
    "I'll be watching," she said in farewell as I strode away.

When I got home I sighed with relief, everything seemed fine. Kaori must have seen the worry on my face because she pulled me over to the picnic table to talk.
    "Was it bad?" she asked.
    Vo0M3in.png
    "Where do I begin?" I said rubbing my face. "Apparently this Darius Lord, Master Vampire, is my father."
    Kaori looked as shocked as I felt. "Your father?" she stammered out.
    83iBArF.png?1
    "Unfortunately," I said. "He's after us because he finds his son being a spellcaster insulting."
    yRmqLiX.png
    "Adam," Kaori said, seemingly lost for words, "I'm sorry."
    We sat in silence for a minute, each thinking our own thoughts.
    "So what are we going to do?" she finally asked.
    CfSkb9e.png
    "We'll have to keep moving," I sighed. "We'll have to keep as low a profile as possible, so we won't draw his attention. If he finds us it won't end well for any of us."
    Just then Carol, who'd been tanning, seemed to become aware of our conversation and came over to see what was happening.
    "Hey dad!" she said, "Did gramgram tell you anything important?"
    8SCeMWF.png
    I explained what I'd just told Kaori and her eyes grew wide in surprise. "You mean Darius Lord is my grandfather?!" she yelled. "That's messed up!"
    K9MY9nO.png
    She always has a unique way of putting things.
    "We'll need to leave here in the morning," I said. "Do you have any suggestions?"
    "Hmmm," Carol hummed, "Why don't we go back to that campground we visited when I was a kid?"
    lZQUEgv.png
    "Granite Falls?" I asked.
    "Yeah!" she brightened. "I've got a lot of good memories there. It would be a good out of the way place to lay low until we find something better."
    "Alright!" I said smiling. "It's a plan then."
    calKNqS.png
    Tomorrow we'd head for our old camping grounds.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited May 2022
    May - Day 15: "Success is very much the intersection of luck and hard work..."

VpstEUJ.png

Notes

I am having problems with Imgur tonight. I don't know if it's my connection since it's raining here or if their site is slow for whatever reason, but it took almost an hour to get this one image to upload. So frustrating! I have an update ready to go, but I can't post it without the images. I'll keep trying though and hopefully it gets sorted out soon. Anyway, just a heads-up. The daily post pic might be my only update for the day. :(

Finally got Imgur to work for me! Yay! \o/
    dJbMVkc.png
    Cale and Fox traveled back to the lab the next day and got to work experimenting with different chemical formulas to develop a vaccine.

SXq8VOr.png
    Unfortunately, the game would only let one of them use the chemical analyzer machines at a time. I don't know why there are so many available if more than one can't use them. Anyway, Fox spent his time practicing his singing skills. For story purposes, he was busy experimenting too.

p7oCC0i.png
    "Alright, we have several samples to test, how do we administer it to those infected to see if one of them works? I doubt we can get them to drink it or sit still for a shot."

Cy8onN9.png
    "One of us will have to throw it on them, it's the only way. We'll need to purchase some herbicide hand-held sprayers as well for use on the Mother plant. The small jars we have to use on people just won't be very effective to cover a large enough area to kill her."
    "I agree."
    "Shall we get started? Should we both test our samples or just one of us?"

MDcohOV.png
    "I'll do it. I'm guessing that Agent is still lurking around somewhere and I want him to see me trying to help those poor infected girls. I told you what he suspects. I really don't have to prove anything to him, but..."
    "I understand, okay. Are you sure?"
    "I'm sure."
    "Alright, I'll see about getting those sprayers for us while you do that."
    "Sounds good, wish me luck!"
    "Good luck Buddy!"

S9NtzXd.png
    Cale didn't have to go far to find an infected girl, there were several that walked around the neighborhood every night. He wasted no time in throwing the experimental vaccine on this one. She gasped and shrieked, trying to wipe the liquid from her eyes and then...

lE1nthc.png
    Nothing, no reaction at all. It didn't work.
    (Dangit!)

iOHn4Vz.png
    Two more infected girls lurched their way over to Cale. One of them stopped and stared at him, her eyes twitching back and forth, so he let the other pass by and threw another jar of vaccine in this one's face.

HqLOuXw.png
    Same reaction. Nothing.
    (Great, just great. Maybe I should go back to the lab and keep experimenting. I have one more jar, but it's very similar to the first two. Obviously, I got something wrong.)

rwwxr3i.png
    Cale turned around intending to walk back to the house, but was stopped by the infected girl that had previously walked by. She had actually not gone anywhere, but rather watched with curiosity what he was doing. He tried to brush her hand aside and pass her, but she would not let him pass.

SoYzcK4.png
    Grunting and groaning as if trying to say some real words instead of just gibberish, the girl jumped up and down pumping her fists in excitement.

BJlEgaH.png
    (I think she wants me to try the vaccine on her. It's almost like she knows it might cure her.)

Tu9AkVo.png
    Cale took out his last jar of experimental vaccine. The girl stared at it and leaned forward.
    (She DOES want me to use it on her.)
    "Alright sweetie, I'll try. I hope it works. Here it comes!"

lyJTfIq.png
    zDkYnaN.png
    The girl blinked once, twice, shook her head, said a string of nonsense and then he heard her say clearly, "Thank you, thank you, I feel so much better! You're my Hero!" before she collapsed at his feet.

(It worked! Oh man, it worked! I don't believe it!)

A446Cqu.png
    However, even though the game said it had worked, as designed for the third experimental jar of vaccine, something glitched and it really didn't work. For the aspiration though, it ticked it off as a success.

The daily post pic is Cale waiting for her to wake up and see if it had worked. As you can see above, she woke up and lurched away, still infected. I know now who at least one of the others will be to help fight the Mother when the time comes.

This girl deserves to be one of the first cured and have the right to fight with Cale and Fox. Not sure who the other one will be yet though. I apologize for not remembering her name, but I'll look it up before my next update.

p8wR2pq.png
    Cale jogged back home to tell Fox the good news. However, Fox was sleeping in his pod when he got there. Not wanting to wake him up, and eager to get started making the vaccine, Cale left Fox a note taped to his bedroom door that read, "We have a winner! I'm at the lab. Come join me when you wake up!"

At the lab, Cale stood for a moment lost in thought thinking about all the infected girls he'd seen that day. Every single one of them had been pregnant and looked like would give birth any minute. He wondered, could there be any truth in what Agent Whitt had told him? And if so, why didn't he remember being with any of them? Why would he do that in the first place? He wasn't a careless lover, never had been.
    (It's not true, it wasn't you. What makes you think it was anyway?)
    (I don't know.)
    (Forget about it, you're not that kind of guy. Don't let that fool get to you.)
    (But what if-)
    (NO! Focus on what you need to do to help them and everyone else infected.)

If4ViXT.png
    Cale shoved his uneasy thoughts about the pregnant infected girls to the back of his mind and got to work making the large quantity needed to vaccinate all those infected and use on the Mother plant to eliminate it.

uEbKbO7.png
    About an hour or so later, Fox arrived at the lab.

NXzXieK.png
    "Fox! You're here!"
    "Of course I am!"

7l96YWG.png
    "You did Cale, you really did it Buddy! I'm so proud of you!"
    "No, we both did it! We're a team, remember?"

s6mO7Oh.png
    "Yes, we are. But you did the majority of it Cale. You're a Hero."
    "No, not really. If anyone is, it's both of us. But not yet. We haven't defeated that thing yet."
    "Well, let's get to work on doing that then. What do you need me to do?"

m7CLVDm.png
    The two of them discussed the best way to proceed and decided that Cale would work on making the vaccine and Fox would scan for spores needed to make it. They already had a large supply of bizarre fruit gathered from the abundance of plants here at the lab, around their house and all over StrangerVille.

It took them three days and nights working together, only taking breaks to take care of their needs before they were satisfied they'd made enough of the vaccine to cure everyone, and hopefully kill the Mother.

EBRsEYJ.png
    "YES! It's happening Fox, we're going to kick that *beep*'s butt! I'm so excited! Gah! I'm still in disbelief WE found the cure though. I'm just a nobody Botanist fresh from Uni, how is that possible?"
    "Anything is possible if you work hard enough for it and believe in yourself."
    "Or we just got lucky. I don't know. I don't care, the fact remains, we have a cure! That's what matters."

Q2YPIVm.png
    "I think we should go home and celebrate, then talk about who we want to help us and how many others we'll need. I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted. I could also really use a drink, or two...or four!" Fox said with laugh and a wink at Cale."
    "I think we deserve to indulge ourselves a little, yeah! Let's go Buddy!"

Hope y'all had a great day/night! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my May 15th post above! Unfortunately comments will have to wait until later this morning. It's been a long day and I'm exhausted. Have a good one tomorrow everyone! <3
    edited May 2022
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-may04.jpg
    May 4: Strange Strangers in StrangerVille!

It is now day two of D.J. working the borders and streets of StrangerVille making sure no townsfolk were coming in or out. He wasn't the only one stationed on patrol and he was thankful of that. It was quiet around town. The streets were bare.

Today, D.J. notices a female Sim wandering the streets. He goes over and introduces himself.

"Hello ma'am. My name is Officer Faireborn with the Sims National Army. Are you aware that StrangerVille is under martial law until further notice and all folks should be in their homes?"
    "Why? Why must I stay in my home? Why can't I leave this forsaken town? I came to visit some family and now I am stuck here? What gives you the right to keep me here?" The female Sims asks while looking annoyed.
    "I'm sorry ma'am, but that is classified." D.J. responds even though he didn't even know himself what was going on.
    "You can stop calling me ma'am as well. I have a name. It's Colette. And I'm only a teenager. Far from being a ma'am."

dj-05-034.jpg

"And if this is all classified, why are there all these scientist looking Sims coming and going from the StrangerVille Information Center?" Colette continues. "Everything going on looks so suspicious."
    "I'm just here to make sure you're safe." D.J. responds. "So, if you could please just go home Ms. Colette."
    "Fine. I'll go home now, but that doesn't mean I won't leave later...officer!" Colette remarks as she walks off.

dj-05-036.jpg
    dj-05-035.jpg

Walking down another street, where there was more of a military presence, D.J. find another female Sim wandering. But this one was walking funny. He approaches her and sees a huge grin on her face, one eye looks like it is swollen shut while the other is bulging out.

dj-05-037.jpg

D.J. waves his hand in front of her face.

"Hello? Miss?" D.J. asks. He didn't want to offend her as well by calling her ma'am.

But all that happens is that her head jerks to the side. Her other eye opens and bulges out like the one that was already open. Then she face him once again.

"€ΜβŘΔĆ€ ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ŞĦ€ ŴƗŁŁ βŘƗŇǤ ¥ØỮ Ƥ€ΔĆ€" comes from the female Sims mouth.

D.J. had no idea what that even meant.

dj-05-038.jpg
    dj-05-039.jpg

D.J. recalls what Reece said about Sims being zombified and that they should be slapped and they should come out of it. So that is exactly what D.J. does.

dj-05-040.jpg

D.J. couldn't believe it actually worked. Her facial expression became normal and she was coming out of a daze.

"Wha..where am I? Who are you?" The female Sim asks.
    "Hi there. My name is Officer Faireborn with the Sims National Army. How are you feeling? Do you know your name?"
    "What do you mean? Of course I know my name. It's Celia Ott. Why would you ask such a question?"

D.J. can only conclude that Celia Ott did not know what was happening.

"StrangerVille is under martial law right now Miss Ott and I need to ask you to go home until it is lifted."
    "I will if you can answer me one question." Celia tells D.J.
    "I'm not sure I am at liberty to answer questions, but you may ask anyway."
    "What's in the building where the big crater is?"
    "What do you mean?" D.J. asks.
    "Oh, I get it." Celia snorts. "All hush hush. I guess I won't be going home. I don't even recall leaving my home, but here I am. I think I'll go for a nice stroll."

dj-05-041.jpg
    dj-05-042.jpg

"Miss, please!" D.J. remarks. But Celia has already turned around and started walking away. D.J. was too confused to chase after her. Another recruit would find her and end up making her go home.

dj-05-043.jpg

As D.J. crosses the street, he notices yet another female Sim out and about. This one is sitting at one of the benches in a park like area on a laptop. He attempts a different approach with her by sitting down next to her.

"Hello. What are you working on?" D.J. asks the female Sim.
    The female Sim turns to face him in surprise. "Oh, I didn't see you sit there. I'm researching the StrangerVille Information Center. It used to be the public library. I'm curious why only military and lab coats are allowed in there now. There's got to be something online I can find out about it since they don't allow...civilians...as they say, inside. Unless you can tell me. You look military."
    "I am. My name is Officer Faireborn. But unfortunately I have no information to tell you."
    "Classified. I know." The female Sim says as she goes back to laptop typing.
    "I'm going to have to ask you to do your research at home, however." D.J. says. "Because the town is in martial law, no one should be out of their houses."
    "Fine. I'll go. I wish you all would give us town people an idea what is going on, though. Give us some hope to look forward to."

D.J. can only give the female Sim a smile and nod. He doesn't even know what is going on himself and would like to know.

dj-05-044.jpg
    dj-05-045.jpg

After a quick lunch break, D.J. was back out telling Sims they needed to go stay in their homes. This time, he approaches a male sim. He was wearing a UFO shirt, a black vest with odd patches and buttons, and a colander on his head wrapped in holiday lights. Before he could say a word, the male Sim speaks first.

"Hey dude! What are you doing outside without headgear protection? The aliens can get in your head and make you say and do weird things. I know you're army and all, but get protected man. You can get one of these alien disruptor helmets at the curio shop just outside the town jurisdiction. We set up shop there so the army couldn't tell us what to do. Whoever is there, tell them Dwayne Granado sent you."

Then the male Sim continues walking. D.J. didn't even know what to think. He knew the Sims in town were scared and worried and getting frustrated. But now they're also going crazy, he asked himself.

dj-05-046.jpg
    dj-05-047.jpg

D.J. quickly turns around, takes out his phone, and takes a selfie picture with the back of Dwayne walking away.

dj-05-048.jpg

D.J. knew he had a weird day and was ready to go back to the base for the rest of the day. On his way back, he notices a bunch of dogs hanging around outside of a house. He walks up to the dogs.

"Nice doggies. Do you all live here?" D.J. quietly says as he lets one of the dogs sniff his hand.

dj-05-049.jpg

As D.J. is about to approach the house and see if the habitants of the house own the dogs as well, a Sim exits the residence.

dj-05-050.jpg

And another Sim follows soon after. This other Sim is angry and she is heading towards D.J.

"What are you doing on our property. This is private property. Get off it now! You don't belong here!" The female Sims shouts at D.J.
    Keeping his composure and a smile on his face, D.J. replies, "I was just passing through and saw all these beautiful dogs in your yard and wanted to see if they belong to you. You might want to keep a leash on them so they don't run off."
    "Instead of worrying about my dogs, don't you think you should be concerned more of why there are so many scientists coming and going from what we used to know as the library? They won't even tell us what is going on over there. Only that it's closed off to the public now. And I won't ask again. Get off my property!"

D.J. complies with the female Sim's wishes and leaves.

dj-05-051.jpg
    dj-05-052.jpg

Back in the barracks, D.J. rests on his bed taking everything he saw and heard today. He wants to ask Reece questions, but knows he can't. This makes D.J. wonder if he should investigate this on his own.

dj-05-053.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    @RememberJoy
    May 14: Yes! Victory! Love that daily pic with Adam blowing that horn!
    Congrats to Adam and co. for finally defeating the Mother! The scuba gear for the ladies was a cool idea!
    "Apparently you're not completely useless after all" UGH Adam's mother is still a real piece of work, I see...
    Lovely ending picture with Adam and his little family sitting around the fire <3

May 15: OH DANG what a twist! Darius is his father! :open_mouth:
    Not surprised that Darius didn't like Adam becoming a spellcaster. Bet he'll forcefully turn Adam or something horrible when it comes to August :grimace: And oh no, poor Vlad lol
    I can't believe Adam's witch of a mother fabricated the letter that got him to Mt Komorebi in the first place!
    LOL at Carol calling Adam's mother "gramgram" :joy:
    But yay, they're going back to Granite Falls!

@Karababy52
    I'm sure someone will make Adam's tattoos one day! If I could create CC I'd definitely try it but it seems very complicated :D

Ahhh thank you so much!
    Aw, yeah, Griffin! I started a Runaway Teen thing with him in 2019 but never got anywhere with it. He could have even been my challenge sim for OMOWOY, his backstory would have fitted very nicely. But I'm loving the way Aaron's story is playing out anyway :)
    I'm pretty sure my obsession with red-haired sims began with Morgan Fyres (because of course it did, ugh) and then it spiraled out of control LOL (oh also I don't know if you knew this already, but Morgan is Griffin's mother hehe)
    I forgot that sim existed :joy: While his name is actually Pine Apple-Lumps, I created him for a challenge created by Sims4Sarah called the candy challenge, and since I'm from New Zealand I decided to make a sim based on an NZ confectionery, pineapple lumps. They're like little rectangles of pineapple flavoured chewy candy encased in a layer of chocolate which is why his colours are yellow and brown. Obviously if I ever play him for real I'd change his name, but he was really a spur-of-the-moment creation that I never intended on actually playing haha.
    Finding Nikolaj's CC was no trouble at all! Hope you enjoy having him, and is it too much to hope that he might show up in Cale's save sometime? ;) No worries if you don't do anything with him just yet but I really love seeing my sims pop up in other players' games (which in part is why I love participating in this challenge so much!) :smiley:

Oh yeah it fit the update perfectly, and even if the Meat Loaf reference was unintentional I still had to go listen to the song :D

Phew, imagine if Cale actually was pregnant o.O
    I'm glad that Venus is standing up for herself!

I've actually figured out who else (other than Cale) I want to help Aaron with fighting the Mother, but the limit of 3 others is not making it easy to play out the story as I want it lol

My first attempt at the 100 baby challenge, I abandoned after 32 or so babies I think, and then the second is at 28, except not all of those 28 babies count for the 100 because I'm playing with the vampire-specific rules in that one. I keep saying over and over that I'm going to finish the second one but honestly I don't think I ever will :D

Oh wow I love that pic of Cale! :joy: Shame about the clipping though!

Yoshi just runs through the tunnel all the time, he's obsessed with it. He looks so cute when he comes out too!

I should totally make the Goth house haunted normally haha. The pay for paranormal gigs increases with the difficulty, and Hunter usually does expert gigs now which always give 3000 :)
    I thought that scientist was pretty too!
    Aaron's still not a spellcaster, but I figured out that him constantly flying on a broom was actually because of a hidden trait (I use the ShowSimInfo mod to show hidden traits) and cheated to remove it, and now he'll never use a broom again. Unless he becomes a spellcaster again, which he won't.
    I loved the posters too! I thought they were perfect!

OMG Phil is a perfect name for a cowplant! I love it! That's his name now :D

Cale does a lot of the parenting, but then he turns around and...
    hecYMsF.png

Literally all the time it is so annoying, and he's never in an angry mood when he does it! He would do it when he was just visiting Aster and Leo at the San Myshuno house too!
    3eDusBi.png

Like, who DOES that???
    A4HW4ah.png

He's a good dad if you ignore him constantly punching the stuffing out of the bear :joy:

~~~

May 14: That daily pic is gorgeous!!! That sky!!! Wow! <3
    OMG that saucy wink :joy:
    Woohooing with a possessed sim... now that's a first!
    "Although it was a little weird how she kept screaming thanks to the Mother the entire time" HAHAHA thank you for the laugh :D:D
    That pic of her running away from Cale and Cale doing the flirty idle :joy:
    Ooh, an agent... He yelled at the girl? Dang!
    Well Agent Whitt's suspicions are correct o.O but of course since Cale forgets it all, he has NO idea...
    Yes, go Cale, beat him up!
    Okay this picture is kinda ridiculous, look at Agent Whitt's glasses! What the heck :D
    t5cSqru.png
    The call offering Cale a job as an astronaut :joy:

May 15: LOL in the background of the pics of Cale "vaccinating" that redhead sim, one of the infected is passing out :joy:
    Oh no, a glitch? Dang it! Hope that doesn't happen in my game o.O
    Glad Cale worked out the formula for the vaccine anyway!
    Well, after you defeat the Mother you won't be a nobody anymore, Cale ;) He looks so excited in that second to last pic!

@SoulGal7
    May 12: Ah, Dylan, don't lie to the girl!
    Ooh, fun to learn about offerings to the statue! I don't think I've ever had a sim join the secret society so it'll be fun to see Dylan becoming part of it! :smiley:
    Argh, it's Luna :grimace: Even though she seems slightly better than her cousin. And there he goes, adding her to the list... Poor Dylan. And he got sick too? That's just the cherry on top, isn't it?
    HAHA at him borrowing the hand sanitiser though :D
    Also LOL at DJ dancing on the table! :joy: Must have been some excellent grades there then!!
    Well done to everyone on their great results!
    Huh, Aaron has an A+ GPA? Not that I'm surprised, obviously ;)

~~~
    I don't know, I just really don't like Paolo lol. Maybe because I like Morgan too much :D

LOL your poor sim!

Thank you about Aaron's new look!

Aaron won't be flying everywhere anymore - I figured out he had a hidden trait that was causing it, so I removed it and he now walks like a normal human being and not a spellcaster with a broom that he doesn't even have :D
    Cowplants are so perfect for StrangerVille's whole atmosphere and vibe :)
    Well, yeah of course Dylan had to be in his SV outfits! ;) Aaron just hasn't run into him in my gameplay yet, but I'm hoping he will soon.

@LegacySims2017
    I thank you for that pic of Aaron :D

He's not going to be riding on his broom anymore, sadly. I removed the hidden trait that was causing it. I mean, he's not even a spellcaster anymore and doesn't have that broom in his inventory, why should he be able to still ride?
    Yes, I recognised the military pants as Darte77's work right away! It's such a shame her really good stuff is behind a paywall though, but I can make do with her free stuff. Ah I dislike downloading stuff that requires the sim's body shape to be changed in order to wear it properly, but thanks for the link to the dog tags anyway! The in-game dog tags are fine for my purposes :)

May 2: Hello, boys! Ah, cheer up Aaron, you'll be fine! Unless he still dislikes fitness in your game :joy:
    He looks great with the tattoo in your game too!
    Nice to see DJ meeting his new battalion members!
    Dang, Bryon is buff!

May 3: Love Grand Marshall Reece!
    Gosh Cale, can you stop thinking about girls for more than ten seconds? :joy:
    "Do you have any kids?" - Well, one that DJ doesn't know about...
    Lacking Corporal is the third level of the military career, correct? DJ's instant promotion to that level is because of his A grade in high school :)
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited May 2022
    May 3
    KtcI5p9.png
    gdtltta.png
    SIYuWuB.png
    3emjNW4.png
    XP5WKs1.png

8YjFmjj.png
    tYu7N8H.png
    hZicFOR.png
    YkTbhoa.png

pnlcDvN.png
    brVtduN.png

tvlOA3M.png
    iNQMxMp.png

2fMWROy.png
    v6FAQ6T.png

Yes, I know Aaron hasn't been doing much studying of those plants that he came here for LOL but I should be able to have actual story soon. Just too tired to get into that right now, and I have story ideas that require some set up to execute correctly. But I hope you enjoyed this commentary free update anyway :)

Post edited by afai1261 on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited May 2022
    May 13 - Term 2 Begins

running-in-the-neighborhood.png
    TUESDAY - PART 1
    Term 2 started and Dylan had decided to head to Foxbury Institute early and go to the university statue and try to make an offering and see what happened. When he got there, the statue was covered with graffiti and he wondered if he could somehow clean it first before making an offering.

the-fox-status-defaced-by-pranksters.png

He didn't have time to figure that out or get cleaning supplies, so he just made an offering and hoped for the best. He had brought several items with him, and finally decided that if he was going to give it his all, he had to make a special offering. Something rare. He had a furium metal that he had found, and decided to offer that.

making-a-donatin-to-the-statue.png

He laid it at the base of the statue and hoped this would work.

dylan-hoped-this-would-work.png

He wasn't quite sure what would happen, but never expected this! It had disappeared! Holy Plumbobs!

it-disappeared.png

And Dylan suddenly felt a strange sensation come over him. He suddenly felt so focused and ready to tackle anything that his professors would give him. What a rush! He looked back at the statue in amazement and headed off to class.

siddenly-dylan-felt-laser-focused-from-making-an-offering.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After his first class, Dylan had gone to the cafeteria and asked the food service sim there for some cleaning supplies, explaining that someone had defaced the university statue and he wanted to clean it. Dylan headed back to the statue and did his best to remove the graffiti. He felt good about it and maybe that would help his offering even more.

while-there-cleaned-the-statue.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Back at home, Adam, just back from work, decides to help DJ with his homework. [Note: This was an autonomous action, which I had never seen before.] They're in the same class together, so maybe Adam knows the material better.

this-was-an-autonomous-action-on-adams-part-to-help-dj-with-his-homework.png

adam-helps-dj-with-his-homework.png

Then Morgan heads over to the chess table, and Adam starts a knitting project. I am not sure how Adam will do in his XTreme Knitting course. Maybe it should have been Beginner's Knitting instead because Adam does not like to knit. [Note:These were both autonomous actions. I have placed those knitting baskets in everyone's personal inventory, so if they want to autonomously knit, go ahead.]

adam-knitting-and-morgan-playing-chess.png

Morgan gets this pop-up from her Mom. Ewww....Mom...don't you think you should be talking to Dad about this instead of me? The answer is no...don't do it. Shouldn't you and Dad take up a hobby or something, instead of...that!

oh-gosh-morgans-mother-is-asking-her-daughter-if-she-should-go-for-a-baby.png

Lily Feng asked Dylan on a date, but because it was in a world he can't visit, the answer is no. [Note: This is not the first date that Dylan has been asked on; however, so far they have all been in worlds he can't go to. Just showing this as an example that he is being asked on dates by his baes.]

lily-feng-date-no.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Over at UBrite campus, Cale is chatting to that sad sim, Rarahu, who Dylan found wandering around Foxbury after her boyfriend dumped her at the Mixer Night. Maybe she and Cale have a class together or maybe she thinks he could be her next boyfriend.

cale-chatting-with-rarahu.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Morgan, Wolfgang, Adam and DJ were all doing their homework. Two guesses at who broke that laptop again! Yeah, you know who you are! Don't look at me like that with that smirk on your face. Sheesh!

studying-hard.png

Robin is heading off to her favorite swimming spot.

robin-just-naturally-grvitates-to-that-water.png

Oh gosh! Velma is sick! She walks to the fridge and grabs some orange juice.

velma-is-now-sick-th.png

velma-needs-a-doctor.png

She heads over to the couch and sits down. Oh gosh! Look at Velma! She needs a doctor.

i-could-die-in-this-house-and-noone-would-care.png

Wolfgang and Cale pay her no heed. Velma looks at them both and can't believe it. They're heartless.

Velma: "I could die in this house and no-one would even care!"

Cale rolls his eyes, "Is this part of your Acting course? Because it's not working. Maybe add some coughing...pull a blanket around you and shiver. That would be more believable. Good try, though..." and he continues studying his homework.

Velma: "But I AM sick!" she says and glares at him. She drinks the orange juice and feels a bit better.

combating-a-cold-moodlet.png

Later on, Cale isn't feeling so hot himself.

cale-isnot-looking-too-good-final-exam.png

Cale: "Gee...maybe Velma wasn't doing an Acting Improv this morning and really was sick. And now I'm sick! Waaah! I ache all over...can someone rub my shoulders? I feel so weak...I don't think I can make it down the stairs...can someone make me some soup? I need a blanket...can anyone hear me? Do I need to ring one of those little butler bells? Where am I? Is this even my room? Waaah!"

cale-is-sick-term-2.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The first day of Term 2 classes is over. Dylan is off to soccer, and Wolfgang stays at home to play a SimScuffle game with his teammates.

wolf-does-eports-at-home.png

Wolfgang: "Did you hear something? Is that Cale calling us from upstairs? I can't really go up there, because I'm in the middle of this game..."

Velma: "Oh you mean the whiner bird? Yeah I hear him...hopefully he'll stop soon. He's so annoying..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Taking 4 courses plus soccer is intense, so for Term 2, I decided that they would all enroll in 2 courses. All the other challenge sims are enrolled in just 1 course so they don't go on probation.

TERM 2 COURSES:

robin-2nd-term.png

Herbalism seemed to go very well with Robin's Biology major.

adam-2nd-term-courses-rev.png

Since Adam is taking Economics, he wants to be self-sufficient, and figures he could make some simoleons from knitting. You know how some sims autonomously knit all the time? Well, Adam is not one of them. I didn't know this, but I think that Adam has a secret "I hate knitting" gene.

cale-2nd-term-courses.png

In my game, Cale's cooking skill was low, so he needed some, and what better way to put his gardening crop to good use?

dj-2nd-term-courses.png

Writing seemed like a natural choice for an elective.

velma-2nd-term-courses.png

Velma has always wanted to be famous, so, yeah, an Acting Elective it is then.

wolfgang-2nd-term-courses.png

From last year's challenge, Wolfgang always wanted to make his own robot to fetch snacks for him.

morgan-2nd-term-courses.png

I chose this Elective for Morgan because she is interested in the history of other cultures as well.

dylan-2nd-term-courses.png

I thought I would have Dylan take the same course that Wolfgang had taken Term 1. Let's see if Dylan knows more about playing hooky than Wolfgang did! lol

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I had again applied for scholarships for everyone, and these are in addition to the scholarships they had already earned Term 1. Robin, DJ and Velma are the only ones who didn't receive a scholarship for Term 2.
    term-2-morgan-won-the-britechester-resident.png

adam-won-a-scholarship-future-star-200-Term-2.png

cale-got-2-letters.png

wolf-got-3-scholarships-term-2.png

dylan-won-scholarships-term-2.png

term-2-wolf-morgan-cale-and-dylan-didnt-have-to-pay-tuition.png

Also, Wolfgang, Morgan, Cale and Dylan don't have to pay any tuition for Term 2 and got a Full Ride! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

AARON & HUNTER'S COURSES:

aaron-2nd-term-courses.png

hunter-2nd-term-courses.png

For Aaron & Hunter, when I chose their residence, they were supposed to be staying in Briny Tower together. However my game glitched and I had to restart, so somehow Hunter is in Briny Tower and Aaron is in Tidal Tower. Oh well, that'll be straightened out when they choose their next courses.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    Hi All! Some comments...more coming later. Have a great day/night everyone. :)

@afai1261 -
    May 3 - Nice photo montage of Winterfest in Strangerville. Those decorations blend in nicely with the house. And the ornament on top of the tree is a star this time, not a lopsided one that Aaron had another time. Look at Hunter whipping that robo exercise machine! Yah! And, of course, cute pic of Yoshi, and a sweet pic of a mistletoe kiss between Hunter and Aaron. Those bees...always a menace. And foosball...did Aaron win the game? Nice shot at the end of Aaron and the campfire. It looks like he is thinking about things...maybe that plant he found.
    edited May 2022
    Hi All! More comments. More coming this evening. Have a wonderful day/night. :)

@Karababy52 -
    May 13 - Chilling daily photo at the lab...is that fence now electrified? Oh gee! Better be careful Fox and Cale when you go to the lab again. The lab with all the plants in it is kind of unnerving. And that hallway...oh my gosh...imagine if you came across something like that? Oh gee, and they meet the "Mother" plant and Cale has a shocked look on his face. But then, who wouldn't? And Cale then calls the plant ugly and she really doesn't like that and spits at them. Oh geez! This isn't good. And then it wants to probe Cale with her pistol. I thought Cale was a goner for sure there. And then she lets out a horrific scream that shakes the whole complex and they run out of there. Oh my gosh! This is one scary plant, and they need help to fight it.

May 14 - That daily shot says it all. We all know it's Cale in there, but...oh how funny is this? With an infected zombie gal? How the heck? And, of course in the woohoo bush, too. Not wonder she liked it so much. The "Mother" was getting back at Cale somehow, I do believe since it was his BEST time ever. The "Mother' is obviously trying to win him over to her side, knowing of his "alien" influence. lol

Oh, yeah, we knew they could be watching and Covert Ops Agent Fletcher Whitt makes an appearance. So they know all about Cale and his woohoo escapades. lol And of course, we have to have a dust fight with Agent Whitt. Love the shot of the sunglasses in the dust! lol And that in-coming message from Agent Whitt - stellar things? lol He probably wants to blast Cale off into space somewhere so he won't blab about what's really going on in the lab. And meanwhile Fox brushes his teeth, and some vines come up through the sink! Oh gosh! The Mother is making her way underground now. Not good,,,not good at all.

May 15 - Okay, so back to the lab to make some vaccines, and then the testing begins, on the lurching pregnant girls all around town. After three tries, it finally works, on the last one that Cale was with! Sorry about that glitch in your game. But yes, they found a vaccine! And back to the lab to make more. And good idea, Fox, about getting some sprayers for the big plant. Poor Cale wondering if Agent Whitt was right about him being responsible for all the infected pregnant sims running about. And so they finish, and head home for a drink or four! lol
    May 15th Comments:

@RememberJoy
    Yay, I was right. I figured Darius was his dad. Didn't know the reasoning he was stalking Adam, though. Ouch! Great leading up to the vampire pack month. Will be awhile, which leads Adam to a little more other adventures first. Nice to see Carol gets to revisit her favorite childhood vacation spot.

@Karababy52
    I like when glitches happen sometimes. Especially for storytelling. It's fun to see even though Cale acts like a teenager sometimes, his young adult side kicks in and he starts to put things together on his own (referencing Agent Whitt's comments about knowing Cale got them infected Sims pregnant). I just hope Cale will have his head in the game when they fight the Mother Plant again. "No name calling, Cale!" :joy:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Hi All, Yes, more comments. This is what happens when I get behind on comments. lol This should be the last of them. :)

@LegacySims2017 -
    May 2 - Look at all the challenge sims looking so good in their military gear. And we meet them all. Oh Bryon, you rebel, dying your hair blue to provoke your father...and we all know how that ended. Yep, Aldo is in great shape, and in my game, he is on the soccer team with Dylan. Oh and look at Dylan. Yes, he would be looking around...watchful of the mob that is out to get him...and not really happy about returning to Strangerville, even with a "disguise".

May 3 - Wow! DJ really looks grown up in that Daily Photo...even in his skivvies! lol Oh and their Sarg is one hot under the collar sim. lol And Cale seems to have gotten on his bad side already! lol Picking up the ladies on the base. ha! Of course Cale stands out with those heart boxers. lol And congrats to DJ for getting a new babysitting job...lol Oh gee, I guess we'll see if DJ has to crack down on anyone in the barracks. Looks like Adam and Bryon got his back on this.

May 4 - And DJ starts doing his rounds and meets quite a few of the residents, some of whom seem irate at the military and scientists. He also meets a zombie sim, and snaps her out of it, and she just doesn't listen to him and continues on her stroll. And then Dwayne who is wearing a colander hat who is concerned that DJ's thoughts might be read by aliens. Oh gee...you've met them all today, haven't you DJ? But, with all this going on, DJ is starting to wonder whether he should investigate it further himself, as he won't get any answers from his Sarg. When I saw the house with all the dogs, I immediately thought Robin lived there!

@RememberJoy -
    May 14 - Cool idea about the scuba outfit. And they fight that "mother" and defeat her! Congrats for completing the Strangerville Mystery! Woot! Now...all of those infected sims...do they go back to normal afterwards or do you have to give them all vaccine? Just wondering about that, since I haven't done this before. And thank goodness that Aleah was alright. And what a great dinner afterwards. Of course, Adam does get a call from his 'mother', but won't think about that tonight. Great! Really well done! Woot!

May 15 - And so now that Adam is done with defeating the "mother", he has another 'mother' to contend with. And she put a chip in him to track him? Oh Gee. And so, the story unfolds of who Darius is...the most powerful vampire in the world, and how she actually wanted a vampire child, but got Adam. Oh gee...thanks for making Adam feel special. And Darius knows that Adam is his son, and because Adam became a Spellcaster, it was a direct insult to his father. And his father wants to destroy everything that Adam loves if Adam refuses to be turned. Oh gosh! Oh...why? Oh gee...and Darius did indeed kill Kaori's grandparents. And so they are on the run and in hiding and will head to Granite Falls. Good plan. If only Adam could find that chip that was planted in him, he could remove it and be free of his "mother's" surveillance.
    edited May 2022
    May 14 - Initiation

the-castle-and-circle-secret-society.png
    TUESDAY - PART 2

Dylan arrives back from soccer practice and he injured himself! His arm is bandaged. Oh gee! Two days! Oh gosh! Does this mean he can't go to soccer practice now?

dylan-injured-his-arm.png

It also doesn't help that he is a bit dazed...

this-doesnt-help-the-kiss-curse.png

...but this doesn't seem to stop him from noticing a sim in the neighborhood. Well Sul Sul honey!

and-suddenly-he-sees-someone.png

And before Dylan knows what is happening, the curse overtakes him...

right-there-in-the-street.png

While Dylan is putting the moves on...um...oh my gosh...did he forget her name already?...um...this sim, he sees two other sims just standing in front of his house. What are they doing just standing there? It's kind of creepy. Are they stalking him or something? [Note: I thought these sims were "stuck" because Dylan could not do any interactions with them.]

these-two-sims-are-just-standing-in-front-of-the-house.png

Things heat up between Dylan and this sim.

shes-in-love-with-a-soccer-star.png

But, it's just another bad kiss...with Alysha...right...he remembered her name now. And she's a bartender at Discotheque Pan Europa in Windenburg.

bad-kiss.png

Oh really? You want me to be your boyfriend because you like how my muscles look in my soccer uniform? Sure, let's do it. And so he takes a photo with...um...oh gee...he forgot her name again...

boyfriend-girlfriend.png

When his new bae wanders off, one of the sims who had been standing there walks towards him. Dylan is on alert-mode suddenly. She can't be one of the mob, could she? Where was that weapon that Ethren gave him? Oh my gosh! It's in the house. He's never been in a fight with a lady sim before...but if she's with the mob...well, this might be a first.

some-sim-walked-up-to-him-he-wasnt-sure-who-it-wa.png

Oh gosh, or maybe it's one of the sims he kissed the other night...and that's her "real" boyfriend. Would it be bad if he took out his phone and tried to see if there is a photo of him and this sim together? What is she going to do, slap him or something because she saw him smooch another sim?

Dylan: "Hey...um...do I know you or something? I saw you and your friend kind of standing there. What do you want?"

Mariana: "You have been chosen, Dylan."

Dylan looked at her strangely: "How...how do you know my name? And what have I been chosen for? What are you talking about?"

hi-do-i-know-you.png

Mariana: "Dylan we are all knowing. The offering you gave at the statue this morning...the sprites liked it..."

Dylan looked surprise: "The sprites? Oh my gosh! Then you are from..."

Mariana: "Yes, the Secret Society. The Order of Enchantment, and we would like you to join us..."

its-the-secret-society.png

Dylan: "I have been waiting for this. Yes! I need to speak to the forest sprites..."

When Dylan had agreed, Mariana mumbled some strange incantation and waved her hands around him, and he saw "red, and yellow and pink and blue, and purple and orange and blue" colors suddenly swirl around him...

it-was-like-she-threw-some-magic-dust-on-me-or-something.png

The other sim who had been standing with Mariana, smiled watching the ceremony, and knew that they had secured another member.

he-knew-dylan-was-now-one-of-them.png

Dylan thought that this was like some sort of initiation or something, and just like that, Dylan was a member of the Secret Society. He couldn't have been more thrilled. He was in! And Mariana gave him this robe and mask to wear.

and-here-he-was-a-member-of-that-secret-society.png

Mariana: "Dylan, you are at the first level of our society. In order to advance, there are certain things you have to do. Near the ruins of the castle on Gibbs Hill behind Pepper's Pub, there is a ritual circle. and altar. Go there to make offerings to the sprites and tend their garden."

order-of-enchantment-member.png

order-of-enchantment-things-to-do.png

Dylan nodded his head and said he would. He then saw some green winged creature circling them. That must be a sprite! In fact, there were several of them that seemed to be flying around them.

thereis-one-there-is-one-a-sprite.png

Dylan: "Sul Sul Sprites!" he said but he didn't hear any reply. He turned to Mariana, "They don't seem to be answering me...can you speak to them for me? It is really important that I talk to them...they might hold the answer to a...um...problem I have..."

dylan-as-new-members-with-forest-sprite-behind-him.png

Mariana: "Dylan, you are so eager! But, it is not until you have reached the top level of our society that you can summon the sprites and speak with them directly. We will be having a Sprite Celebration Ritual soon from 10 pm to 2am. Come and join us and bring offerings for the sprites. You will be truly amazed at the powers that they can bring you."

Dylan: "Is everyone a university student? I was told that was the only way to join..."

wow-that-was-somethign-else.png

Mariana: "Most of our members are or were university students, or associated with the university somehow. It is an honor to be part of this society and to make gifts to the sprites. They are very powerful. You will soon learn of what they can bestow upon you if you please them."

img

Dylan was listening to Mariana, when suddenly he noticed that the sprites had changed color. They were green before and now they were pink. And suddenly, Dylan became very flirty...so flirty in fact that he went into a daze and the curse took him over. Dylan thought he heard the sprites tell him to kiss Mariana.

And under their control, he made an Enchanting Introduction...

and-it-looks-like-the-forest-sprites-are-having-fun-with-him-tonigt.png

...and one thing led to another...

kissing-a-member.png

...and he kissed her.

how-do-i-talk-to-these-sprites.png

But the kiss was just like all the rest...a garlic-filled disappointment. And with that, he thought he heard some laughter, as the sprites disappeared from sight, and Mariana turned and walked down the street. Dylan stood there for a moment, not knowing what had just happened, but felt that those sprites had controlled him somehow. He knew they were the source of this curse, and he would do anything to get to the top level of the Secret Society so that he could speak with them. Dylan looked around and there was no-one else on the street. He carefully took off his robe and mask, and went into the house.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

'Red and yellow and pink and blue" lyrics to the song, "Sing A Rainbow", by Peggy Lee, 1955.

The last time I had a sim join the Secret Society, the other members showed up in robes. So, when I saw those two sims standing there, it never occurred to me that they were from the Secret Society. I thought it was a game glitch, because Dylan couldn't interact with them at all. But, I guess it was because he was otherwise occupied with that other sim. And as soon as she left, Mariana approached Dylan. I was going to reset them to see if it got them out of limbo before this happened. So, yes, they were members of the Secret Society incognito coming to initiate Dylan.

alysha-rudolf.png
    mariana-martinez.png
    May 16th: Settling into a new routine

Today's Accomplishment:
    -Reach level 10 in fishing

NFFg1wX.png
    Before the sun even rose, we had packed up all our goods and stood surveying our home lot one last time.
    LsUsnSm.png
    I took Kaori and Carol's hands and together we teleported out of StrangerVille and into Granite Falls and a new adventure.

I'd called ahead and secured a camping site the night before, so all we had to do was unpack and set up our tent. When the campsite's gift-shop opened up, we ditched our old clothes and bought some new camping gear.
    As morning's light peaked over the mountains, a forest ranger named Jose stopped by to greet us and welcome us to Granite Falls.
    Lso1l7x.png

Later that morning we hiked up to the lake and immediately jumped in, as the day was starting to get hot.
    UPgpiDM.png

Around lunch time I started feeling a little hungry, so I got out and grilled us up some chicken and corn on the cob.
    gSCGoiW.png
    I really do love cooking.
    qnk6EUH.png

We sat down and enjoyed the meal together before heading over to the falls to get in some fishing.
    tfgcznW.png
    We all caught something, and Kaori even caught a blue crawdad!
    81wxBZb.png
    Around mid-afternoon the girls headed back to the lake to cool down, but I stayed and caught a few more fish.
    1rks6DB.png
    I even had a sad looking bear walk by me!
    2b9rnKc.png
    Nature is just full of wonders.

As the sun began to set, we packed up and headed back to camp. We played a game of horseshoes but didn't end up finishing it because the day's excitement caught up to me and I was suddenly very tired.
    V8TAiya.png
    Kaori soon joined me in the tent, but Carol stayed up a bit and roasted a hotdog for dinner. She said she had to deal with a few pests while she ate, but what's camping without a few mosquitoes, right?
    tqVDZpH.png
    edited May 2022
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-may05.jpg
    May 5: Curio!

The next morning, D.J. gathers his team before they set out on their daily routine. There is a consensus that something weird was going on around town. Some of the other soldiers also witnessed the zombified Sims.

"I was thinking of going to Reece and asking questions, but I think that will lead to more trouble." D.J. says to the others. "The towns people know as much as we do. So, asking them won't do any good. There was this theory conspiracist I ran into that mentioned aliens making others do and say things. I think he was referring to the Sims who are acting like zombies. I think we should quietly investigate this on our own. We keep what we say and do between the seven of us."

dj-05-054.jpg

D.J. pulls out his phone and shows them of the Sim he talked to. He was dressed up in garb with alien and other paranormal patches and buttons.

"I want to start with this. He mentioned a shop a group of them run just outside of the town borders." D.J. explains.
    "Can you zoom in on the guy?" Cale asks.

Curious, D.J. zooms in and gives Cale a closer look.

"You recognize him?" D.J. asks Cale.
    "Nah!" Cale replies. "I just want a closer look at that hat. I need one of those!"
    D.J. sighs. "You know it really doesn't stop an alien. If there really are such things."
    "Oh, I know. It's all about the fashion. They can be the next trendsetting head gear."

dj-05-055.jpg

During their shifts lunch break at the Mess Hall, D.J. sits with Cale and Aaron.

"Hey guys. I was wondering if you two would come with me to the curio shop afterwards? I want to ask more questions, but would feel safer if I had someone I know with me."
    "This place creeps me out." Aaron replies. "If it helps gets us out of here faster and I can get back to Hunter, I'm game."
    "And I can buy one of those hats!" Cale says enthusiastically.
    "We have to be discreet, so wear civilian clothes." D.J. finishes. "We'll meet at the base entrance."

dj-05-056.jpg

D.J, Aaron, and Cale met just outside the base around 4:00pm. Aldo was manning the entrance.

"Aldo, I'm heading out with a couple of the boys for a bit. If Reece comes looking for me, tell him I went out for a breather and will be back shortly." D.J. says.
    "No problemo." Aldo responds without turning around. D.J. could see his focus was on something.

dj-05-057.jpg

D.J., Aaron, and Cale find the curio shop. It ends up being a tiny little stand outside the wired gates leading in and out of town. D.J. assumes he never noticed it before as he was never looking for something. He's walked past it couple times since their arrival into StrangerVille.

"Welcome boys." Announced a red-haired Sim also wearing a colander decked out with holiday lights.

D.J recognizes him. He recalls when he was a teenager and found his way to one of the bars in Mt. Komorebi. This guy was dressed up in a tuxedo making a speech at the microphone about aliens have landed and are taking over everyone's minds. D.J. wondered if this was what he was talking about.

"Weren't you in Mt. Komorebi some time ago?" D.J. asks the red-haired Sim.
    "I was all over the place, my friend. Alas, I am stuck here. Train and bus stations are closed in this town."

dj-05-058.jpg

Cale walks up pointing at what the red-haired Sim is wearing.

"I have to have one of those hats!" Cale exclaims.
    "You mean an alien disruptor helmet." The red-haired Sim corrects.
    "Yeah, yeah. One of those."
    "I'd give you one for free, but I need the simoleons to make more. One of these will cost you 25 simoleons."
    "I'll take it!" Cale demands and reaches in his pocket for his simoleons.

dj-05-059.jpg

After making his purchase, Cale takes his cowboy hat off and dons the colander and flips the switch on the back to make the lights turn on.

Looking at D.J. and Aaron, Cale asks, "How do I look?"
    "Like you're ready for a date." Aaron answers with a chuckle.

dj-05-060.jpg

D.J. also laughs and then turns his attention back to the red-haired Sim.

"By the way, Dwayne Granado sent us." D.J. tells the red-haired Sim.
    "Dwayne talked to you? Well then...I guess I can introduce myself. My name is Erwin. Erwin Pries."
    "Nice to meet you Erwin. You can call me D.J. Just D.J. These are my friends Aaron and Cale. We seem to be quarantined in town. Do you know what's going on?"
    ""Something fishy is going on in the building within the crater over there" Erwin points out in the distance. "They recently abandoned it. I think aliens took it over and the government is at a loss how to defeat them. The building is unprotected. Anyone could easily gain access. I don't wish to get abducted by the aliens, so I'm staying away."
    "That's a good idea, Erwin." D.J. winks. "We need you here to help protect us with those helmets and...?"
    "Trust me, I've got more than just helmets. I have things we took off government officials. Those who didn't make it and we got to them first before the others. You look like a great guy with great friends, but I can't just talk to anyone about it. I hope you understand."
    "Well, I thank you Erwin. Thank you for selling my friend here one of your protective helmets against them aliens."
    "This is what I'll do for you, D.J. Here's a spy bug. You'll need to find a device that can tap into it on your own. But place it on someone and you can listen in on their conversation." Erwin quietly tells D.J. while handing him the bug.
    "This will be our secret, Erwin. Thank you!"

dj-05-061.jpg
    dj-05-062.jpg

On their way back to the base, D.J., Aaron, and Cale encounter one of the other military personnel. Except this one was acting zombified.

dj-05-063.jpg

As D.J. approaches the zombified military personnel, she stops in front of him, leans in with a wide grin on her face and eyes bulging out at him. Aaron and Cale could only give each other a look.

dj-05-064.jpg

D.J. moves to the other side of her to give her a good shake, but the zombified personnel also turns around and grabs his hand and twists and turns it. Soon it's a fighting match with the two.

dj-05-065.jpg
    dj-05-066.jpg

When the scuffle is all over, D.J. lays on the ground motionless. The zombified personnel twitches and begins to walk away twisting her legs and arms with a continued grin on her face and bulging eyes. Aaron and Cale stare down at D.J. in shock.

dj-05-067.jpg

Side Note:
    No, D.J. is not dead. My challenge is not over. :joy: I had to get D.J. laying on the ground and only a death moment allows that.
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Sheesh! I've been trying to get these comments written literally all day! Problem is it's a nice day and Hubby kept interupting me to help him outside with lawn work or in the garage with other projects, etc., etc. I haven't even had a chance to play yet! o.O Anyway, here they are, I'll be back later hopefully with an update or at least a daily post pic if nothing else. :)

@LegacySims2017
    Nice first meeting with all of DJ's fellow recruits in the barracks. Nice for him that he already knows them. I like how you used little bits here and there of their stories from their original creators for his interactions with them. Very cool! :)

hehe GM Reece makes me laugh, he sounds so much like the guy from an Officer and A Gentleman. Can't remember his name, but I love that movie. LOL! Oh man, of course Cale is wearing heart boxers! Love what Reece said to him too. Of course my lovely randy Dude would be thinking about all the hot military ladies. Betcha anything he WILL try to bring a girl to the barracks anyway. ;)

Oh boy, GM Reece doesn't want much does he? 🙄 Yeah sure Buddy, tell them they can go to the bar but they can't flirt? He's delusional if he thinks they'll follow those orders. Stern guy. Sheesh! Oh great, now he's made DJ in charge of them all. The line about keeping it in their shorts cracked me up! No way that is going to happen either Buddy. LOL!

By the way, DJ is lookin' mighty fine these days. Yes, Sir! ;) Gah! They all look so great, so freakin' good in their fatigues. Something about a guy in uniform is just so appealing to me for some reason. :) Congrats to DJ for jumping ahead in his rank. Good to know his degree works for the military as well. :)

I don't blame that girl for being annoyed. DJ can't even tell her why she has to follow his orders since he doesn't know himself either. Poor girl. He got lucky with the possessed Sim, she didn't resist his slaps. So DJ doesn't know about the secret lab yet either. Boy is he in for a surprise! ;) No civilians in the Information Center? o.O Wow, your StrangerVille is so strict! I guess it makes sense though since they're trying to keep everything secret from them.

Pretty calm and collected guy for a Conspiracy Theorist. Smart thinking on their part to put their little curio shop on the outskirts of town outside of the military's jurisdiction. :) Nice pack of dogs he met on his way back to base. They're cute! Whoa! That girl sure wasn't very friendly. I guess I don't blame anyone in town for being confused and upset though considering all the changes going on and no info. why.

Yeah, I doubt Reece would tell DJ anything and he'd probably get demoted for even asking him anything. Good luck DJ!

Yes, Cale is an amalgamation of different maturity levels and personas due to the alien influence from tampering with is brain and memories. I hope he can hold it together for the fight too. He wants this bad though, so I think by sheer determination and courage, perhaps even a little meanness thrown in for good measure, he'll get the job done and deserve the Hero title. Whether that actually happens or something else unexpected happens remains to be seen.

Good that DJ is asking the others in his unit to help him investigate what's going on. Oh Cale, you crack me up, always concerned with fashion. hehe Of course he buys one at the curio stand when they go to talk to Erwin. Ready for a date? HAHA! Oh man... Uh oh, Wow, that possessed Sim is very aggressive eh? I figured DJ wasn't dead. There actually is a mod for the 'corpse' pose, you can also use it for naps anywhere, even the ground of course. It's by triplis. Here's a link for information and download if you want to check it out.

Nap on the Ground

@afai1261
    I've thought about investigating how to make CC myself, but yeah, it looks very complicated. It's not that big of a deal if I have them for Adam or not. I don't play with him anyway, he's just eye candy walking around. ;)

Ah, I've done the Runaway Teen challenge many times. Essa's BFF Molly was one of my winners for that challenge. O.O Morgan is Griffin's Mom? Nope, I had no idea. I should've known though now that you say that. They do look somewhat similar. Ohhh, I see, very cool why you gave him that name. I should've read his description, I bet you wrote all that in there. You're from NZ eh? One of my staff from my old TS2 forum was from NZ. She is the very reason I used to have a night owl mentality. I would stay up late (for me) so I could talk to her. :)

It's not too much to hope that Nicolaj might show up somewhere this year with Cale. I put Nicolaj, Clarissa, Keisha, Lonnie, Audax, Luka and your Simself in the challenge save last night. Of course after I gave them all eyelashes and the guys body hair. ;) Had to fix up the girls make-up too. Especially their blush. o.O Oh and for some reason, Nicolaj only has the giant tattoo that wraps around his body. The other one didn't stick. I downloaded everything you posted too. Weird.

It's a bummer we can only invite three to fight with our Sims, I agree. You can always have more come for the fight, but they won't fight. For story purposes you could at least have them there though, if that would work?

I still have my save file for my try at the 100 Baby challenge with my founder, BeBe Boomer, but I doubt I'll ever finish it either. Maybe... I think I posted about it in the thread on the forum with pics of some of her babies if you wanted to take a look. Josh and Joel are among the Daddies. hehe

You should make the Goth house haunted, it looks like it should be already! :)

That's right, I forgot about the broom glitch with Aaron. I've heard about that Mod, thought about getting it, perhaps I will. Mostly the reason I might reinstate Cale as a Spellcaster again, is because he was one before it was taken away from him and I'm sure he'd want to be one again, at least for a little while. Plus, Sandy is one too.

Yay! So glad you like that name for their cowplant! I hope Phil doesn't eat anybody important. o.O

O.O Oh Good Lord, Cale! What is the matter with you? Eh, that's a hot-headed, mean Sim for ya. He'd probably do that in my save when he's around kids again if I let him. 😆 He's a good Daddy otherwise though. And I can't get over just how darn CUTE Leo is! They make pretty babies together eh? <3

I know eh? Love the later part of the mystery when the sky turns pink/purple/green at sunset and sunrise. It's just gorgeous! Especially with those red rocks! 😍

hehehe It made me laugh when I wrote it and laugh right now reading it again. I had no idea that was an option with possessed Sims. Honestly, I'm glad it is! ;) Gawd and then she did the head flop thing, it was the icing on the cake, about fell out of my chair! LOL! 😆

Yeah, Agent Whitt was wagging his finger in her face yelling at her for some reason, she looked around all paranoid afterward. I just couldn't let him get away with that, so I sent Cale over to confront the Dude. hehehe I almost photoshopped that out, but it looks so ridiculous, I left his glasses just like they are. It's the expression on Cale's face that gets me! He looks like he wants to kill the guy! o.O Sheesh! Calm down Cale! 😲

Oh yeah, that call. So ridiculous, it cracked me up. This game, it has me shaking my head sometimes, but it made for a good laugh. hehe Yep, it's the girl he 'vaccinated' just before her. I had no idea she was going to pass out right by them. hehe Yes, they have the cure now and both are on their way to being Heroes along with those that help them. Too bad it isn't the entire team that gets recognition for it. That part bums me out. Oh well... 😕

Love your no words update. Yoshi is so dang cute! I love that dog. 🥰 The sideways look gets me every time! Aww, Winterfest again for them, cool. Glad the star is straight this time. Makes sense since he's happy now. :) Dang bees! Gah! I see you Yoshi! hehe

Love the last pic of Aaron sitting by the fire. He looks so relaxed, and happy thinking about his life. :) Enjoy the moment Buddy, things are going to go to Hell in a handbasket very soon. o.O

@SoulGal7
    Hmm, interesting the offering disappears, had no idea. Nice moodlet he got for it though. Hmm, that is interesting, I've never seen that before either. I thought only parents and adults could help kids/teens with homework. Weird how Adam doesn't like to knit, but does it anyway. Dang too bad Dylan can't go on that date. Kinda weird though she'd ask since she's married. o.O Sorry Honey, Cale isn't interested in a committed relationship right now. They could date though. :) As long as she doesn't mind he dates others too. hehe

What is up with DJ always breaking the laptop? 😆 Oh man, paybacks are Hell Cale. You didn't believe Velma and mocked her and then expect her to care when YOU are sick? Tsk, guys are such babies when they're sick eh? hehe Great and appropriate electives you chose for everyone. HAHA! Oh man, I find it hilarious that Cale didn't get an athletics scholarship since he's finished the Body Builder aspiration and is Level 10 in Fitness in my save. Ah well, at least he got a full ride with the other scholarship.

Bummer Aaron and Hunter are actually in different dorms. But yeah, they can move back in the same dorm together next term. :)

Hmm, good point about the fence being electrified now. Never thought of that. Yep that plant is one scary Mother. ;) hehehe You could be right about Cale and the possessed Sim, perhaps the Mother is trying to win him over to her side. That is hilarious! OMG! I literally laughed out loud at your comment why they offered Cale the astronaut position! Well, that would be one way to keep him from talking about the lab, that's for sure! hehe

Yeah, it's a bummer of a glitch, but at least it still worked as far as the aspiration is concerned and I don't have to cheat to complete it. It better work with the full on vaccine though or I'm going to be so upset! o.O Yes, with his memories starting to leak out of where they put them in his mind, I think he subconsciously knows he's responsible.

Interesting how the Secret Society members weren't wearing their robes, I've never seen it happen that way. At least in screenshots. I've never actually had a Sim join them. But he's in now and hopefully they will be able to help him remove the curse...eventually. ;)
    May - Day 16: "Tell the truth or eventually someone will tell it for you..."

3YmGLOR.png

Notes

I might be back to update, might not. I STILL haven't had a chance to play at any length. I'll see what I can do though. Hope y'all had a great day/night! 💜
    Hi All! Starting comments first today. Have a great day/night :)

@RememberJoy -
    May 14 - Ah, so Adam is still a spellcaster. Love the daily pic of Adam fishing, and it looks like he's grown a beard, as a disguise or maybe he's just roughing it. I love how Kaori is wearing a blue outfit and catches a blue crawdad. lol I love that lot that you use, and may have to borrow it as well, because I love that they can swim in Granite Falls. It just seems like a natural thing to do there. Love that last shot of Carol and the mosquitoes...and the sad ghost floating by? lol I am surprised she didn't see that! hehehe

@LegacySims2017 -
    May 5 - So a little outing for DJ, Cale & Aaron to Erwin's little shack. Of course, Cale only wants to purchase one of the colander hats. DJ gets some great info from Erwin and even gets a "bug" to plant on a sim to listen in to them. And, walking back to base, they encounter a military zombified sim, who then attacks DJ. Gosh she's strong, and overpowers DJ. And the end, she looks like she's ready to take on Cale, but wobbles off. Oh gee! DJ, you need to work out more!
    May 16th Comments:

@afai1261
    Glad you enjoyed the CAS screenshot of Aaron in some camo sweats. :blush: Yeah, it's weird he kept the hidden trait to fly a broom he doesn't even have anymore as well as having the spellcaster occult removed. I'm sure he's truly going to miss it now. Darte77 definitely has some very nice custom content. Even though I had to tighten the chest in, it really wasn't noticeable I did so. The default dog tags are pretty nice as well. I just wanted something different.

Aaron does dislike fitness. I haven't forced him to work out, though. He's been in a sour mood ever since I made him join the military, sadly. Ha, ha, ha! I had to buff up Bryon. I'm sure @Skeilah doesn't mind seeing a hunky Bryon now. I do believe Lacking Corporal is level 3. Thanks for the tidbit tip about it being cause he was an A student in high school.
    I always love seeing Yoshi pics. Not shocked Aaron had a mistletoe to hang over Hunter. :lol: Aaron enjoyed the bees at first it looks like....until they attacked him. How rude! All in all, looks like Aaron had an enjoyable Winterfest or the beginning of one.

@SoulGal7
    Nice offering. The statue was very pleased. And such a small spray bottle to be able to clean all that graffiti. :joy: That was really nice of Adam to help D.J. with his homework. D.J. must be preoccupied. Ha, ha at D.J. I think he enjoys breaking laptops now. Aww, karma hit Cale. "Next time if someone says they're sick, try to help them Cale!"
    Regarding the dogs, I was surprised to see so many. The game generated a family and put them in the household. I guess the game thought there should be a family with a bunch of dogs. They are so cute.
    Awesome. Dylan got accepted into the Secret Society and is on his way to making verbal contact with the sprites who seem to be enjoying their little antics with him.

@RememberJoy
    Adam and family seem to have been able to have a relaxing day after all that has happened. Good for them.

"I even had a sad looking bear walk by me!" -- :joy:

@Karababy52
    Glad you're enjoying Cale in my gameplay/story. I'm having fun coming up with things that will make you and others laugh regarding him. He seems to be more flirty than hot-headed in my gameplay, it's weird. But I enjoy it. In regard to the ranking up so fast, @afai1261 told me that it's because he was an A student in high school, not the University. That is pretty neat. I checked out that Mod link you sent. That is perfect, thank you! It actually helped for my next chapter for which I am hoping to get out by tomorrow.

I'm routing for Cale and Fox to defeat the Mother Plant on their first try. Cale does have it in him. Just how he responds is my concern. :joy: That's why Fox is there, though. To make sure Cale is level headed.
    The daily image matching your quote for it is interesting. Looks like Fox is debating if he should come completely clean with Cale now or wait until later.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    May 17th: Pursuing a few hobbies

Today's Accomplishments:
    - Harvest 10 unidentifiable plants
    - Reach level 10 painting

jYKT6m4.png
    I got up early and took a leisurely walk around the camp grounds. I investigated the local foliage and was able to identify several berries and flowers using the herbalism knowledge I'd gained from my college course.
    mfFRgcc.png
    I was even able to catch some multi-colored fireflies!
    ncOuhOq.png
    When I got back, the girls were up so we did our usual morning yoga routine together.
    kX4IZkA.png
    The morning was fairly brisk and Carol was looking quite blue by the time we finished.
    7dl0gWL.png
    She tried to use her magic to conjure a meal, but it backfired and she ended up with stinky bacon wrapped asparagus for breakfast.
    We started a fire to warm her up and she was able to magic the meal to a better quality.
    cV5bRVQ.png
    After warming up and enjoying her breakfast, Carol asked if I could give her some more training in the art of magic.
    We trained for most of the morning while Kaori rested in the tent.
    rr8PIhj.png
    Carol continued to practice what I'd showed her while I went and experimented with some of the herbs I'd gathered that morning.
    sYIiXI7.png
    I recalled reading about a remedy that helped clear the mind, so I combined a couple toxic chamomile, huckleberries, and parsley and stirred them together.
    VYdOcG0.png
    When it was done, I poured it into a jar and tucked it away for another day.

Carol called me over and excitedly told me she'd just figured out a spell that could freeze a sim solid.
    El7KzA9.png
    I guess her earlier experience was inspirational!

Kaori joined us and suggested we go on a hike together, but we all ended up all wandering off in different directions.
    3I677AW.png

We met back up by the stream and I got out my easel to do some painting while Carol and Kaori decided to try their hand at fishing.
    0eHUAZx.png
    I even got to know the sad bear a little when she came up to chat with me.
    eN0cONC.png
    She seemed nice.

When we returned to our camp site, I cooked up some of the fresh fish the girls had caught for dinner.
    7e4hLwN.png

I asked Kaori if she'd like to star gaze with me after Carol had gone to chill in the tent, and we lay down and drank in the brilliant night sky together.
    LmUaOWV.png
    I suddenly recalled a memory from my childhood that I'd long since forgotten.
    "I use to always have this one dream as a kid," I said softly, pulling up the memory. "I'd be flying through the stars, feeling so alive and free. Then I'd see this glowing planet in the distance and I'd fly towards it and land on it. It looked nothing like our world, but I'd always feel welcome there. Sometimes I even met the inhabitants and they'd welcome me in like a long lost family member."
    dSiIbRo.png
    I stopped, suddenly feeling a little sad.
    "It was my favorite dream," I continued, "because in those fleeting moments I knew what it was like to feel loved and accepted."
    Kaori reached over and squeezed my hand, "You may not have had a happy childhood," she said quietly, "but you have a real family who loves you now."
    I looked over at her and felt a wave of love wash over me.
    "I know," I said, squeezing her hand back, "and I couldn't be happier."

We stood up and kissed, and suddenly I was filled with a certain desire.
    HZ9U7UD.png
    "You know," I whispered in her ear, "It's been a good while since we've had a romantic romp."
    Kaori giggled, "But Carol's in the tent," she whispered back.
    I surveyed the area.
    "I'm down for doing it in that bush over there if you are," I said nibbling on her ear.
    We scampered over to the bush and Kaori shoved me in first.
    lEwocIt.png
    Admittedly it wasn't the most pleasant place for a woohoo, but we made it work!
    XXVJPlW.png
    On the plus side, we did get a lot closer with nature.
    NmN3zuR.png
    When we emerged, I gave her a kiss and told her I loved her before we too finally turned in for the night.
    xFRUQEe.png
    edited May 2022
    May - Day 17: "They call me Superman, I'm here to rescue you."

ERJ1RPZ.png

Notes
    i0JIgJx.png
    When the two arrived back home, they went out back and Fox made them a couple drinks. They sat down to enjoy them and talk about who each thought would be a good team member to help them defeat the Mother plant.

"Do you have anyone in mind?"
    "I do, but I'm not sure if she'll be able to join us. I haven't heard back from her in a long time."
    "Your girlfriend?"

TLNmPuB.png
    "Yeah, she...she's married Cale. But she doesn't love him, she loves me. She told me she was going to leave him. But that was quite awhile ago. She hasn't returned my calls, I'm getting a little worried something's wrong. Please, don't judge me for being in love with a married woman."
    "I would never do that. You can't help who you love. Maybe you should go visit her?"
    "I've been thinking the same thing. But anyway, do you have someone in mind?"

gY0pPWE.png
    "Okay, well don't wait too long.... but yeah, I do have someone in mind. One of the zombies I tried out the experimental vaccine on seemed like she had a very strong will."
    "Oh? Why is that?"

p1AVkRg.png
    "I was down to my last jar of vaccine and thought perhaps I needed to go back to the chemical analyzer and find out why they didn't work. The third one was very similar. I tried to pass by her, she'd been watching me, but she stopped me and wouldn't let me pass by. She WANTED me to try it on her. I could see it in her eyes and her actions. She was pregnant at the time, but I've seen her since and she seems fine. Well, other than still being a zombie. The last jar worked, but didn't last for long. Remember I told you?"
    "Yes, I remember. But we tweaked it and tried it on another and that one worked."

IJpFlx8.png
    "Exactly! I think after we vaccinate her, she'll agree to help us no problem. She'll probably be eager to help. And also, she called me her Hero. She's a real sweetheart Fox."
    "She sounds perfect Cale."

VuFVgJF.png
    "Well, nobody's perfect, we all have our faults, but I think she'd be perfect for this job anyway. So, let's wait and see if your girlfriend can help before thinking about anyone else. Go visit her Fox, find out what's going on."
    "I'm seriously thinking about it."
    "Hey, would you like to go to a club or something? Maybe do some dancing?"
    "Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass. Just not up to it tonight, but you should go. I'll be fine here."
    "Alright, I understand. I think I will. Try not to worry too much Fox. I can tell you're a bit depressed about not hearing from your girlfriend. Everything will work out."
    "I hope you're right."

ccSwhC3.png
    Cale grabbed his glass and went inside to take care of it before leaving for the Narwhal Arms. Fox sat thinking about Venus. Why hadn't she called? Why didn't she answer his calls and his texts? Did she change her mind? Did Eros tell her about Elara?
    (Maybe she thinks I'm a murderer now and hates me.)
    (You are a murderer.)
    (Not really, but I did kill her. Eros probably twisted it to sound like I did it on purpose.)
    (Gawd, stop thinking like this, she loves you, no matter what.)
    (Does she? Does she really? I just don't know.)

sxZwmoU.png
    Fox tried to shove his depressing thoughts about Venus and Eros to the back of his mind and chugged down the rest of his drink.
    (Mmm, I think I'll have another... or two.)

3UwuFbL.png
    Look who is the bartender tonight at the Narwahl Arms @afai1261 It's your Sim, Clarissa! Of course Cale decided to use his charms on her.

PM2oQrr.png
    Apparently it worked since she agreed to meet him at the park after her shift was finished. They had a great time getting to know each other with a lot of flirting peppered in-between. One thing led to another and...

KTU22RX.png
    Yup! I hope it's okay that Cale will have a baby (or two) with her. o.O The night didn't end there for them though, he took her home to spend the night with him.

e8jRxNK.png
    Meanwhile, Fox is busily working on his fifth, or maybe sixth drink. He'd lost count. They were going down a little too easily as he tried to drown his sorrows and numb the pain in his heart. He was sure Eros had said or done something to change Venus' mind about leaving him.
    (Fricken' Brother, I hate you so much.)

uyjspBw.png
    *sigh* (This isn't working.)

Fox abandoned the bar and went downstairs to try punching out his aggressions instead.

dCotRwa.png
    It helped a little imagining the punching bag was his Brother.
    (Take that you *beep*!)

gP2D3ng.png
    (This isn't working either. I'd rather punch him for real.)
    (Visit her, find out what's going on, like Cale said.)
    (Maybe... I need a drink.)
    (No you don't.)
    (Okay, I don't need it, I WANT it!)

AXvHSag.png
    Fox went back out to the bar as the sun rose and Cale wandered out to the greenhouse to harvest and tend to his garden after Clarissa left. Fox hadn't slept all night. Rather than drink more, he'd been practicing some bar tricks instead.

His cell rang with Venus' ringtone which startled him into dropping a bottle. He ignored the mess and quickly answered.

"Venus! I've been so worried. Why wouldn't you take my calls or text? Is everything alright?" Did Eros give you a hard time or...change your mind? I love you Sweetheart."

FD1kAex.png
    "No, everything is not fine! Eros just had a fit. He threatened to kill me and Kit, or take him away and give him to someone where I'd never find him. I've locked us in the bedroom, but I'm scared Fox. He's yelling horrible things through the door and scaring Kit. Poor baby, he's crying."

XolYrrt.png
    "WHAT!? He threatened your life? How DARE he? He's a monster!"
    "Wait...who's Kit?"

k1RBDRD.png
    "He's...Kit...is...your Son Fox. Our Son."
    "My Son? WHAT!?"
    "Please, don't be mad. I wanted to tell you, but Eros confiscated my communicator and has been keeping me all but a prisoner here on the ship. I got lucky he was so distracted yelling at us, I grabbed my communicator before running with Kit to the bedroom."

yMAaCqK.png
    "Mad? How could I be mad? I don't believe it! I have a Son! We have a Son! Oh Venus, that's wonderful! I can't wait to meet-"
    "FOX! Concentrate, Focus! I need you to come here. Please, get us out of here! He's crazy Fox. Help me! Help our Son! Come NOW! HURRY!"
    "I'm on my way! I love you, hold on Sweetheart, I'll rescue you!"
    *click*

She hung up without saying goodbye, which stuck fear into Fox's heart. He hoped he could get there before Eros made good on his threat. Would he really do it?

3B3eywl.png
    (I have a Son! I don't believe it!)

QRYfodp.png
    (If you hurt them, I will KILL you Eros!)

Fox turned around and ran to the greenhouse to tell Cale he had an emergency.

xIhoGV1.png
    "Cale, I have to go, right now. Venus is in danger."

sE6RYMX.png
    "Her husband threatened to kill her. She's hiding out in their bedroom with our Son, but I don't know how long before Eros breaks in."

SVGdlOr.png
    "Your Son!? You have a Son? Wow, Congrats Fox! I'm so happy for you!"
    "Yeah, I'm happy for me too, but I have to go. I'll call you when we're all safe."
    "Do you want me to come with you? I will!"
    "No, no, you stay here. I'd never forgive myself if something happened to you too. I'm sorry, but you'd be no match against him without any alien powers. He'd kill you in a microsecond."
    "Alright, Go, GO! I love you Fox, be careful."
    "I love you too Cale and I will."

Fox left after giving Cale one more squeeze. It was times like this he wished his ship wasn't so far away.

(Please let them be alright. I love you Venus, I'll save you and our Son or die trying!)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited May 2022
    May 15 -Telling Morgan About The Secret Society

canal-boat-at-night.png
    TUESDAY - PART 3

As Dylan is walking towards the house, two sims suddenly appear on his sidewalk. Um...where did they come from? This night is just so weird. Dylan was still under the flirty effect of the sprites and felt compelled to do an Enchanting Introduction to one of the sims. Her name was Corina Geiger and she was an E-Sport Gamer at Rainy Day Entertainment. Dylan didn't get a chance to meet the other sim, as she left.

more-sims-appear-at-the-sidewalk.png

And we all know what happens when the curse takes Dylan over. And Corina quickly left after sampling a garlic kiss with Dylan.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dylan heads into the house and sees Morgan sitting at the table doing her homework. He wasn't the only one that came into the house. He was followed by a sad ghost who promptly went upstairs.

another-ghost-visits.png

Dylan didn't see the ghost, and sat down opposite Morgan excited to tell her the news.

Dylan: "Morgan, you'll never believe what just happened? That Secret Society...they were here!"

morgan-it-happened-i-came-home-from-socer-and-they-were-there.png

Morgan: "Outside? Just now? Oh that's exciting! What happened? Are you a member?"

dylan-thats-fab-news.png

Dylan: "Yes! They said the sprites liked my offering and asked if I wanted to join them. Of course I said yes..."

and-then-they-did-all-this-sprinkles-on-me.png

Dylan then related what had happened...

"...and then this sim...Mariana...did some sort of ritual, and I saw all these colors...and then she gave me a robe and mask for when we have the Sprite Celebration Ritual..."

"...And Morgan....I saw one. I saw a forest sprite, but I couldn't speak to it. I have to get to the top level before I can do that. The sprites were all around us and they were green at first...but then...they turned pink..."

and-i-saw-one-one-of-the-forest-sprites-but-i-cant-talk-to-them-yet.png

Morgan: "They can change color?"

Dylan: "Yes, I think they can control your emotions, because when they turned pink, I suddenly felt rather flirty."

Morgan looked away: "Oh? Shall I even ask what happened then?"

so-when-do-you-go-to-this-ceremony.png

Dylan: "Morgan, I'm sorry, I think you already know what happened. It was like these sprites were controlling me...and they whispered to me to kiss Mariana. I know it's weird and all...but I felt like I had no control over what I was doing at all. Like I was a puppet on a string just obeying some orders. And yes, I did...I kissed Mariana. But it was the same garlic-kiss that has happened before. And afterwards, I thought I heard laughter and the sprites disappeared, and Mariana looked like she was in a daze and just walked down the street. I just stood there, not believing what had just happened. It was like these sprites were having some fun with me by having me do this. I am almost positive that these are the sprites who are responsible for this Kiss Curse that I have."

Morgan looked down then and nodded her head. Dylan looked at her and could see that she was upset.

morgan-on-hearing-dylan-kissed-a-sim.png

Dylan: "Morgan, I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't have told you what happened. When I see Mariana again, I will apologize to her. I never intended to do that...these sprites were just all around us...they were in my head..."

and-suddenly-i-changed-into-this-robe.png

Morgan: "It's okay Dylan, I understand. I just...I just had a moment. But, yes, it sounds like these sprites might be the ones responsible for your curse. So, what do you have to do to get to the top level to be able to speak with them?"

Dylan: "Well, tomorrow, I am going to the ruins. Apparently, there is some type of altar and garden there. I am going to make some offerings and see if the sprites like them. That should help me with my standing with the Secret Society. And I thought...well, since you like History...that you might want to go with me. There won't be any other Society members there, so it would just be us. I heard there's a castle there and it was supposed to be where Princess Cordelia stayed when she helped design UBrite. What do you think? Do you want to go?"

Morgan looked at him stunned, "Tomorrow? Um...tomorrow is Wednesday, right? Er...I have something on tomorrow. I'm meeting an old friend from high school. We ran into each other at the Debate Showdown and we're going to catch up on old times. So, I'm sorry, Dylan, I'm busy. Maybe another time..."

wow-dylan-morgan-talks.png

Dylan thought that Morgan was acting strangely towards him, "Okay...yeah...another time then," he replied.

Dylan looked at her and it's as if she was avoiding his gaze, "Morgan, is everything alright? I'm sorry I told you what happened with Mariana, but I just wanted you to understand what these sprites were capable of. Some things exist that we just can't explain."

And as if on cue, the sad ghost came downstairs carrying a book.

but-things-exist-that-we-cant-understand-morgan.png

Morgan: "No, I'm fine. I understand you don't have any control over that. I've just...I've just been cooped up inside all day, and I just need some air. If you'll excuse me, I think I'll just go for a jog to clear my head..." she said standing up and heading upstairs to change.

Dylan sat there staring after her, "Dang!" he thought, "I should never have mentioned about kissing Mariana. She's obviously upset about that. Oh gosh! And I haven't even told her about all the other sims I've kissed. She knows about the Kiss Curse, so why is she so upset about this now? She knows I would kiss her if I could...doesn't she? Maybe I just need to do something fun with Morgan...just the two of us, and just let her know how I feel about her again. I feel that something has changed between us...and I don't know what it is. But something has. All I know is that I need to get rid of this curse because if I can't...there may not be an "us." And, it wouldn't be fair to Morgan to have her stay with me if I can't even kiss her...can't even love her the way I want to. I have to...I just have to get rid of this curse!"

dylan-thinking-about-what-he-said-to0-morgan.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Morgan changed into her jogging clothes and ran out of the house as fast as she could. What was wrong with her? She knew that this happened to Dylan with the Kiss Curse, so why was she so upset when he told her he had kissed a sim? At least he had told her, right? Maybe she couldn't handle this as well as she had thought. She had felt so jealous...so angry that he had kissed someone else...and then so sad. Oh gosh! She just wanted to be the one Dylan would kiss...and not have to worry about this stupid curse. And then Dylan had asked her to go to the ceremony area with him tomorrow...and she couldn't because...oh gosh...because she was meeting an ex-boyfriend who she still had feelings for. What was wrong with her? Was it because she wanted to be with Dylan and she couldn't be...and she was worried that she might never be? Was Paolo just her back-up plan? Oh gosh! She didn't even know herself. Her emotions were a mess.

morgan-expression-at-end.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

corina-geiger-girlfriend.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    *Updated my May 17th post above! I'll get started on comments/replies next. I hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @LegacySims2017
    Must be his romantic trait is overpowering the hot-headed trait. I'm not surprised, it's happening in my save too. He gets angry, almost everyday. But he's always got other moodlets which takes precedence over it. Oh and it's working to make me laugh with how you write for him. hehe Oh that is interesting! I wondered why Cale keeps getting raises almost every single day of work. He's two levels above the top now and making so much money it's ridiculous! He was an A student too, but I cheated for that since he didn't go to school. o.O Maybe I shouldn't have. Ah well, what's done is done.

Oh good, I'm glad that Mod is helpful for you. It helped me a lot too when Cale was abducted and then taken by Eros later. :) Can't wait to read your next update using it.

I'm hoping they will first try too! Guessing they will since this isn't my first rodeo with the Mother. But you never know! Yes, Fox will keep Cale in line if he gets mouthy with her. hehe

Yes, that's exactly what he was thinking, and about Venus and Eros too as evidenced by my latest update. ;)

@SoulGal7
    Oh man, just like with Cale, Dylan just can't control his curse. Poor guy. Oh Wow, a different ghost than the lady this time. I wonder how many different ones will haunt the house. Ah man, it was going so well telling Morgan about the Secret Society, until he mentioned about kissing Mariana and jealousy rears it's ugly head. o.O

Oh no, she turned him down going to the ruins. Uh oh...well, at least she told him why and about Paolo. Of course leaving out that he's her ex. Gah! I feel so bad for these two. Dylan can't help what's happening to him and Morgan so confused about her feelings. I hope she realizes Paolo isn't the one for her before she does something dumb, like kiss him. O.O Anyway, great update! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top