Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Delete cc?

EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
Hi, I have a lot of build and buy CC I want to delete but don’t know how! I’ve heard there could be a way of deleting it from sims 4 studio, is this true? And if so-how do you do it? Any help appreciated!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Just delete them from your mods folder :)
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    Just delete them from your mods folder :)

That would be impossible at this point! I have far too much and didn’t have the forethought to organise it
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    Are the items you want to delete ones you're just not using at the moment but may want to use later on? Or are they items you're done with and you want to delete them permanently?

- If you want to get those files out of your mods folder but you want to keep them around to use again later, just open your mods folder and a second empty one, and just drag and drop them to the new folder and save it somewhere to go back to if you want.

- If you want to get rid of them permanently, same thing, open your mods folder and just send them straight to trash and delete them from there.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    Just realized where this thread is, if needed could a moderator move this to the Mods and Custom Content section. Thanks.
  • Options
    Oh yes sorry please move this thread if need be
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    mcrudd wrote: »

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    EdithV wrote: »

Thanks!!!

Its a huge pleasure. I know how it feels to have hundreds of packages with weird names and not knowing what is what in the zoo LOL This should simplify it. I used to have tons of cc in sims 2 and used Simpe in a similar way to keep things organized. Happy simming to you :)

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Since you don't seem to like the idea of just deleting the content from the mods folder, I assume you have files in that folder that you want to keep. If so, I would use Studio to check what files are what. It's more time consuming, but probably the only way.

In the end it's all about deleting each file - Studio does nothing more but allows you to see the image, no matter if it is buy/cas/build. Studio deal with those in the same way.

No matter what you do, remember to delete the localthumbcache file afterwards.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg