Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play as your Simself?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    No, I've thought about it but it's not really my thing
    I admit. I did have my simself when I was around 10 years old playing The Sims 3. I was having fun until my sim died and the grim reaper appeared. Then I did not play the sims for a week due to me being scared of the grim reaper at that time and how "I" die in the game (death by hunger btw) hahahaha.

And so, I voewed to my younger self not to play with my simself ever agian HAHAHAHA XD
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2022
    I've created a Simself but I haven't played as it
    When I was younger, I made myself and my family as well as our house. It was more a novelty than anything else, since I quickly found it boring to play it. For me, the appeal of the Sims is to create characters, their backstories, their homes and their worlds, then play out their lives. I don't find much appeal in recreating my own or "living vicariously" through my simself. I often include aspects of myself, my goals and fantasies in my sims, especially when it comes to atmospheric things such as living in a cute coastal town or a remodeled historic house. I have a great fascination with houses and buildings in real life and love imagining what people live, work and otherwise dwell in them, and what their stories are. So the Sims allows me to channel that imagination.
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    I'm in this poll and I don't like it
    Simmingal wrote: »
    wouldn't it be so funny if we did forum simself group picture :lol: but i assume it would be a struggle to piece together
    maybe less so if sims were put in same game but again cc n stuff

In the early years of simming, we often did that in different forums. We created our own alter-ego, no cc, an sometimes also limited packs, and uploaded them somewhere for others to grab and have their way with. There were separate sections of the forums dedicated to this, and how I remember it, it was fairly free of drama.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    wouldn't it be so funny if we did forum simself group picture :lol: but i assume it would be a struggle to piece together

In the early years of simming, we often did that in different forums. We created our own alter-ego, no cc, an sometimes also limited packs, and uploaded them somewhere for others to grab and have their way with. There were separate sections of the forums dedicated to this, and how I remember it, it was fairly free of drama.

I’m not surprised that the forums were mainly drama - free back in the days because it looks like everyone was able to quietly “have their way” with simself forum members in their game! I wonder how many survived. 🤣

😇

• Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I have created my Simself, it's actually my current forum avatar. I use her to playtest builds mostly.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member

I’m not surprised that the forums were mainly drama - free back in the days because it looks like everyone was able to quietly “have their way” with simself forum members in their game! I wonder how many survived. 🤣

😇

sim me would probably die first in "hunger games" :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited May 2022
    I'm in this poll and I don't like it

😇

I'm not sure how to take that sentence. Because there's "I didn't like you, so heres Sim you dead" and then there's "I don't like you, here's a photo of Sim you woohooing my Sim me!"
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    No, never
    I never have. I'm not opposed to playing that way. I just don't find myself that interesting. 😆

Otoh, whoever I'm playing at the time takes on an aspect of myself. It's a way of exploring other lifestyles other than my own.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Who cares, are we finally getting #JusticeForOccults
    This is the sim I think I will breakout of hiding in my gallery if we get wearwolves. My similar simself.
    It's pretty accurate except my eyes are brown not green like the sim, my cheeks are not quite that fluffy, I don't wear makeup ever and both of my ears are covered in piercings. (The last few I just got a week ago so I will update this sim to reflect that with cc earrings)
    And my hair is longer but long nice hair is hard to find.
    I have this exact sari in yellow though. One of my favorite colors.
    cN2fgXn.jpeg
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »

😇

I'm not sure how to take that sentence. Because there's "I didn't like you, so heres Sim you dead" and then there's "I don't like you, here's a photo of Sim you woohooing my Sim me!"

That's correct!
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    edited May 2022
    Because I'm too sexy for its code.
    The game can't handle it and always stops responding the moment I place him (me, *sigh*) in the world, just so that it can ogle at my simself. Code Ogling Code. Gorgeous code at that.

Where's the humble button? :D

Nope, I won't make a simself...she would have to be an elder and that's no fun. :D I always figured it would just be too creepy. :# Plus most of my sims are occult, I would like more please EA.

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,344 Member
    I don't get the whole Simself stuff, it just seems weird to me
    I had been playing for years before I even found out that making a simself was a thing that people do. It literally never occurred to me. From the start, I have always just made up characters and stories.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    No, never
    I never make myself in any Sims games. I prefer to create characters with complex backstories in my Sims game for that is more fun. Plus it's less of a chance of this happening...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCuf-CBqoaQ
  • Options
    Sc4rls01Sc4rls01 Posts: 11 New Member
    Yes, sometimes
    I did but they died because they tried to repair a computer and got electrocuted. They had just had a toddler so I cheat added my nanny to the household and they raised the kid. The kid then married a vampire, so…
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    My daughter has created our Simfamily, and while we've never played them actively, they are almost always added to our worlds. Z did a good job of capturing our appearances--my wife, especially--and she gave us realistic careers and traits. Teen Sim Z is much more grown up than the real Z, who is a very young Teen. We enjoy running across them in our games, and our main characters interact with them. I'm still getting used to "catching" Sim Z flirting with other Teen Sims...

We usually create many of our Townies, because we think it's fun to have our Sims inhabit a world made up of characters we know.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    No, never
    In games with custom avatars, I barely, if ever made myself (Miis might be the only exception but Miis are....ehhhhhh?), and for the Sims, I have never made my Simself nor will I ever. I just don't think of myself as an interesting person, I'm very self-conscious about myself, and I have even less desire to create like...my family members or something. I did consider making one of IRL friends as a Sim for a joke but ultimately, I just prefer playing and being as my goofy OCs but as Sims.

Besides, with the way I play the game? Yeah, I'd have to witness to all of this whatever that goes on, such as someone dying from a lightning strike. Again. I'm also likely to have my simself punched in the face several times because hey, one of my jerks does NOT discriminate.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    This discussion had me thinking a lot about the differences between motivations in play.

Like the need to express an aspirational self: anyone who is unable to freely express their authentic self in real life, could find some relief for that need, in the game. Some people say that the freedom to try things without consequence or judgement, in the game, led to self-discovery in cases where real-life circumstances were very narrow and constrictive.

I can also remember being far more interested in playing out "myself-as.." scenarios when I was a teen. Young people will often try out themselves-and-their-crush, represented in a game, and enjoy a fantasy based on that. Again, using the game for wish-fullfillment fantasy, more than "hey, what will happen if Bob Newbie tries to fix the faulty dishwasher while standing in a puddle?!" or "can I make hybrid witch vampires?"
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    No, never
    It would just feel weird on so many levels.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Other
    Kinda sorta. When I start a new game, I always create a female sim based on myself, but not exactly me.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I was gonna vote for "Yes, sometimes" but then I saw this option in the poll :D
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    No, never
    NO!

But I did put my husband and daughter in the game. It was her idea. I even found cc pjs just like some she wears.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    My Avi is as close to myself as I can get, but I have never played her. I have used her to start new save files for building. I have always created my simself and placed her in game never actually playing her in previous sim games as well.
    WbUrFQm.png