Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,660 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I think it's only Minty and Bella thinking it's a good idea to bring us along. LOL.

Your right, it's just them so far. I could have sworn @AlpineCuriosity @Cyncie and a few others had gotten in on the idea. I have no idea where that thought came from. They teamed up and confused me into thinking it was the whole sisterhood. I'm open to the idea but only if we can all get paired off and go as a group. You wouldn't be the only one in trouble for talking music. I'd drive them over the edge too raving about this singer, and that song, endlessly. I have a habit of latching onto something that interests me and talking it to death. I can watch people's eyes glaze over as I go on and on.
    Today's Q Q is:
    What habit are you proudest of breaking?

Drinking. It was getting out of hand. And weirdly it wasn't when I was depressed or sad. It was at its worst when I was the happiest, or thought I was happy anyway. I can say from personal experience, if you've never had a drink you really aren't missing much. Sure a glass of a really nice wine with a meal is good, and perfectly fine, but beyond that now, hard pass.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    If aliens landed on Earth tomorrow and offered to take you home with them and you can only bring one other person with you, would you go?

Heck nah. 😭😭😂

I'd only go if they could return me again, treating it as a holiday. No idea who I'd bring with me though. Family wouldn't be able to go and I haven't any significant others or close friends.
    Today's Q Q is:

-

Catastrophising, though technically I haven't fully broken it yet but am improving.

• mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    If aliens landed on Earth tomorrow and offered to take you home with them and you can only bring one other person with you, would you go?

Heck nah. 😭😭😂

I'm sensing a trend here. We may need to reconsider staying. You are one of my sisters, and I love hanging around and all, but the rest of the sisterhood is ready to pack up and go, I'm feeling like a rethink might be a good idea.😆

I think it's only Minty and Bella thinking it's a good idea to bring us along. LOL.

Fine, Bella and I will go on our own! 😭

Wrap speed, Dr. Gorilla! Make it so!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Eating junk food every afternoon as a snack.

Today's Q Q is:

Heck nah. 😭😭😂

I'm sensing a trend here. We may need to reconsider staying. You are one of my sisters, and I love hanging around and all, but the rest of the sisterhood is ready to pack up and go, I'm feeling like a rethink might be a good idea.😆

Because it sounds like an adventure! 😂
    Today's Q Q is:

Heck nah. 😭😭😂

Yes let's go and leave all of these party poopers behind 🙃

Engines engaged, let's gooooo!
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    @mintycupcake @bellagorilla Maybe it's because I've watched too many movies, but I'd be afraid they'd do weird experiments where they overwrite my human DNA with their DNA and make me one of them. Nope. I'm fine as I am, even if I'm not the best at all this human being stuff.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Drinking. It was getting out of hand. And weirdly it wasn't when I was depressed or sad. It was at its worst when I was the happiest, or thought I was happy anyway. I can say from personal experience, if you've never had a drink you really aren't missing much. Sure a glass of a really nice wine with a meal is good, and perfectly fine, but beyond that now, hard pass.
    [/quote]

You and I have that in common. I wish I had never drunk as hard, for as long, as I did, but quitting was not hard, luckily. Conveniently, alcohol now tastes really bad to me, most of the time, whereas I used to always like it, so I actually prefer a non-alcohol IPA over an alcohol one. My only trouble now is, the non-alcohol ones have a lot of carbs. But I don't have them all the time.

Hooray for doing good things for our longterm health! :)
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

Eating junk food every afternoon as a snack.

Today's Q Q is:

Heck nah. 😭😭😂

Because it sounds like an adventure! 😂
    Today's Q Q is:

Heck nah. 😭😭😂

Yes let's go and leave all of these party poopers behind 🙃

Engines engaged, let's gooooo!

Star trekking across the universe 🎶
    Always going forward cuz we can't find reverse 🎶
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

What was your favorite musician/band 10 years ago? Do you still listen to them now?

Back in 2012, I was listening to a lot of indie rock/post punk stuff. Bloc Party was my obsession. 😅 I don't listen to them super often now but I still love this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdkmhquF60o

Other stuff that I was listening to a lot at the time were Two Door Cinema Club, The Kooks and Arctic Monkeys.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    mintycupcake bellagorilla Maybe it's because I've watched too many movies, but I'd be afraid they'd do weird experiments where they overwrite my human DNA with their DNA and make me one of them. Nope. I'm fine as I am, even if I'm not the best at all this human being stuff.

I like to think that if these life forms are intelligent enough to travel intergalactically, they would understand the cruelty of extreme experiment and have technology advanced enough to make them unnecessary.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    edited May 2022
    mintycupcake bellagorilla Maybe it's because I've watched too many movies, but I'd be afraid they'd do weird experiments where they overwrite my human DNA with their DNA and make me one of them. Nope. I'm fine as I am, even if I'm not the best at all this human being stuff.

I like to think that if these life forms are intelligent enough to travel intergalactically, they would understand the cruelty of extreme experiment and have technology advanced enough to make them unnecessary.

I grew up watching really awful movies, like way too many of them.😁

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member

Your right, it's just them so far. I could have sworn @AlpineCuriosity @Cyncie and a few others had gotten in on the idea. I have no idea where that thought came from.

Don’t know what we’re doing, but count me in.
    Today's Q Q is:

What was your favorite musician/band 10 years ago? Do you still listen to them now?

Back in 2012, I was listening to a lot of indie rock/post punk stuff. Bloc Party was my obsession. 😅 I don't listen to them super often now but I still love this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdkmhquF60o

Other stuff that I was listening to a lot at the time were Two Door Cinema Club, The Kooks and Arctic Monkeys.

omg 2012 was such a year for music.

I had my head under water in some ways then, but I can't forget the bangers that were always playing that mark the special feeling then. Looking back it was such a hopeful feeling, it's bittersweet to think how optimistic the very air felt, not realizing what lay ahead of us.

Songs that I can't help but think of (whether I liked them or hated them) when I think of 2012:
    Gangnam Style - Psy
    Call Me Maybe -Katy Perry
    Fight Song - Rachel Platten
    Royals- lorde

Bands of the era that were my favorites:

fun.
    the Lumineers
    Flo Rida
    Gotye
    American Authors

And who can think of that time period without We Are Young? I think it was played at every graduation for years after.

https://youtu.be/Sv6dMFF_yts
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    cyncie wrote: »

Your right, it's just them so far. I could have sworn AlpineCuriosity Cyncie and a few others had gotten in on the idea. I have no idea where that thought came from.

Welcome to the Cool Kids' Club.

32465ff6574b1ebd5a27c9ce53230d9fd8c8b2d2.gifv
    FwDXXd5.gif

Your right, it's just them so far. I could have sworn @AlpineCuriosity @Cyncie and a few others had gotten in on the idea. I have no idea where that thought came from.

I've lost track. At this point I'm just going with the flow, wherever that may be, whatever it may be. At this point I feel like a female Arthur Dent. @mintycupcake is giving me froody Ford Prefect vibes, @bellagorilla is likewise exuding Zaphod Beeblebrox vibes and I think @DeKay is turning into Trillian even if she doesn't know it yet. I guess I better go grab my towel....
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited May 2022
    Today's Q Q is:

I don't even want to name the Band due to the crime the lead singer did. I sometimes listen to instrumentals of their songs, but even that feels wrong and offputting now.
    L9q8VGi.png

I've lost track. At this point I'm just going with the flow, wherever that may be, whatever it may be. At this point I feel like a female Arthur Dent. @mintycupcake is giving me froody Ford Prefect vibes, @bellagorilla is likewise exuding Zaphod Beeblebrox vibes and I think @DeKay is turning into Trillian even if she doesn't know it yet. I guess I better go grab my towel....

Oh. Well, the answer is 42. My work here is done.
    Today's Q Q is:

I honestly don't really remember. I wasn't listening to a lot of music 10 years ago, for one. Plus I rarely get ~in to~ musicians. I usually will only listen to a song or two, no more than a handful from an artist. Maybe Kesha? I still listen to Kesha.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    Today's Q Q is:

I can't recall who was my favorite that far back. My favorites are a fluid thing. My favorite today might not be tomorrow, or later today even.

Back then would have been towards the end of my love affair with Amon Amarth and the whole metal scene. That's when my tastes started shifting to less hard core sounds and more Celine Dion and Loreena McKennitt. I was starting to get into Band Of Heathens and Beth Hart. Joe Bonamassa was another fave from around that time. I have always had such eclectic tastes. I was raised to like all kinds of music which is why my favorites are so hard to pin down for long. I still listen to all of them from back then except for most of the metal stuff. My metal obsession was part of another me that no longer exists, and was only an act back then.

Today's Q Q is:

I guess that was about when I discovered newer surf rock bands. I always liked the wet, reverb guitar and dark sound of the classics, like The Del-Tones, The Ventures and The Chantays, but discovered surf rock revival groups online. My favorite is The Aqua Velvets, and I do still listen to them.

https://youtu.be/EXcypmhnbL8
    edited May 2022

I've lost track. At this point I'm just going with the flow, wherever that may be, whatever it may be. At this point I feel like a female Arthur Dent. mintycupcake is giving me froody Ford Prefect vibes, bellagorilla is likewise exuding Zaphod Beeblebrox vibes and I think DeKay is turning into Trillian even if she doesn't know it yet. I guess I better go grab my towel....

What's a Trillian? LOL.
    FwDXXd5.gif

I've lost track. At this point I'm just going with the flow, wherever that may be, whatever it may be. At this point I feel like a female Arthur Dent. mintycupcake is giving me froody Ford Prefect vibes, bellagorilla is likewise exuding Zaphod Beeblebrox vibes and I think DeKay is turning into Trillian even if she doesn't know it yet. I guess I better go grab my towel....

What's a Trillian? LOL.

I take it you haven't read Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy have you?

What's a Trillian? LOL.

DeKay has talked about not being into reading at all. Like not even a little. But I was disappointed because I thought I might be tapped for the role of Slartibartfast at least :D

https://youtu.be/cM735uHc7o0
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited May 2022

DeKay has talked about not being into reading at all. Like not even a little. But I was disappointed because I thought I might be tapped for the role of Slartibartfast at least :D

Yeah. I don't like to read. 🤣 My hate for reading comes from when I was a kid, and when my mom would punish me, she would not allow me to listen to music. And I didn't have the internet back then so I couldn't do fun stuff like watch Youtube or something. So my only other option was to read books. So I always felt like it was a punishment more than entertainment.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited May 2022

What's a Trillian? LOL.

You can be Slartibartfast. We haven't gotten past casting the four main characters. I don't want to be the one to cast somebody to be Marvin. I'm still waiting to see if Minty and Bella want to switch roles? Maybe Minty wants to be the female Zaphod and Bella wants to be the female Ford. Ooo, we need to rename some characters, really weird calling a woman Arthur. Ford Prefect is easy, Mercedes Prefect. Zaphod is a genderless name so we're ok there.

On a related note, are any of my fellow Hitchhikers planning to participate in Towel Day on the 25th?

Yeah. I don't like to read. 🤣 My hate for reading comes from when I was a kid, and when my mom would punish me, she would not allow me to listen to music. And I didn't have the internet back then so I couldn't do fun stuff like watch Youtube or something. So my only other option was to read books. So I always felt like it was a punishment more than entertainment.

No problem, there is a fairly good movie from a few years back that will at least get you up to speed.

Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top