Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What sort of world do you think we're getting with the Game Pack?

Comments

• ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited May 2022
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 The tombstone that came with the Spooky Stuff pack will emit a fog effect if you turn it on. This link will take you to SimsVIP where, if you scroll down, you'll see a couple pictures of the tombstones. https://simsvip.com/sims-4-spooky-stuff-guide/

Edit: I just saw EmmaVane beat me to it. :)
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,792 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I was just in my game looking through debug and I can't find anything. I did debug all, and the Spooky Stuff filter, and I just don't see anything. I thought it might plausibly be in there but no luck. Unless I'm blind and missed it or something. It doesn't take long trying look through all of that before you start scrolling and skipping a line of objects. And debug items don't have description either which isn't handy.

Thank you @DaniRose2143!

This is how I usually sift through the debug catalogue and I naturally believed I must have overlooked something too. Indeed, the lack of descriptions is not helping at all. Sometimes I notice an object that looks like a cute little blob and when I place it on the lot it’s a darn mountain! Makes me wonder why we still don’t have a Create a World/ Neighborhood Tool. We’ve got mountains but absolutely 0 space for mountains. Mind boggling that is. But enough of my whinging.

You know what, I don’t think that fog emitter exists anywhere in the game. You’ve all been dreaming this up folks! 😂🤣

I might have to use that fog mod after all. Unless ofcourse…👉🏼🐺🌕🌫

Spooky Stuff light up deco gravestones emit fog. Not sure if you could shrink them down and hide them in things and still get the effect.

There's also the steam/bubble emitters for pools that came in GT. They can work well if you position them in inaccessible basements etc.

I have searched and searched, through debug and everything and I can't find those gravestones. All I can find are the Parlor Trix Light Up Gravestones. My game shows that I have every pack and kit.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I was just in my game looking through debug and I can't find anything. I did debug all, and the Spooky Stuff filter, and I just don't see anything. I thought it might plausibly be in there but no luck. Unless I'm blind and missed it or something. It doesn't take long trying look through all of that before you start scrolling and skipping a line of objects. And debug items don't have description either which isn't handy.

Thank you @DaniRose2143!

This is how I usually sift through the debug catalogue and I naturally believed I must have overlooked something too. Indeed, the lack of descriptions is not helping at all. Sometimes I notice an object that looks like a cute little blob and when I place it on the lot it’s a darn mountain! Makes me wonder why we still don’t have a Create a World/ Neighborhood Tool. We’ve got mountains but absolutely 0 space for mountains. Mind boggling that is. But enough of my whinging.

You know what, I don’t think that fog emitter exists anywhere in the game. You’ve all been dreaming this up folks! 😂🤣

Spooky Stuff light up deco gravestones emit fog. Not sure if you could shrink them down and hide them in things and still get the effect.

There's also the steam/bubble emitters for pools that came in GT. They can work well if you position them in inaccessible basements etc.

I have searched and searched, through debug and everything and I can't find those gravestones. All I can find are the Parlor Trix Light Up Gravestones. My game shows that I have every pack and kit.

I think you can find them under outdoor lights.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,831 Member
    The trailer had an urban setting... I mean I'm putting my werewolves in San Myshuno no matter what, but I think urban werewolves would be pretty awesome, and so would another urban world in a different style from San Myshuno or Evergreen Harbor.
    @crocobaura I just went searching on the link @ClassicalSim posted and I have the right tombstones but for some reason they aren't emitting fog. Maybe it takes a while before they do. I turned them on and waited 10 or 15 sim minutes but nothing happened. I need to be more patient I guess.
    Got it to work finally! I exited to the main menu while I made the last post. When I went back into the game the option finally showed up. Here's a pic of it in action. The object is as minimized as I can make it. It doesn't effect the size of the fog patch so that's a plus. But it can't be in a thick bush, like those Ixora bushes in the background.
    zLaMfHl.png?1
    ErniZNP.png?1
    The trailer had an urban setting... I mean I'm putting my werewolves in San Myshuno no matter what, but I think urban werewolves would be pretty awesome, and so would another urban world in a different style from San Myshuno or Evergreen Harbor.

Anywhere becomes awesome when you add werewolves. Apart from werewolves, I would love to have a city styled after London. I'm open for the best of both worlds.

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,625 Member
    I don’t know if I want a new world closely identified with a particular region or culture. Some kind of deep forest environment with caves and lots for huts would suit me. If they go with some urban Werewolves in London influence, then there might need to be more of a cultural take, but other than that, I’m fine with a generic forest that doesn’t have to be associated with anything else and can become what I want.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Got it to work finally! I exited to the main menu while I made the last post. When I went back into the game the option finally showed up. Here's a pic of it in action. The object is as minimized as I can make it. It doesn't effect the size of the fog patch so that's a plus. But it can't be in a thick bush, like those Ixora bushes in the background.
    zLaMfHl.png?1
    ErniZNP.png?1

Aw you gotta be kidding me! Those silly gravestone lights?! :D
    Never ever...did I use them. I always use the Vampires and basegames gravestones. These deco lights take over the "entire" garden but ofcourse I was also completely unaware of the fact that they're fog emitters.
    Thanks @EmmaVane, @ClassicalSim, @crocobaura & @DaniRose2143 and all for pointing me in the right direction. I'm going to test them out in MOO mode, resize the bejeebies out of these things and fog up the place.

edited May 2022
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 To fog up the place you will need a lot of them. The resize doesn't change the size of the foggy patch but it's not very big to begin with. I'd be curious to see the results, because they don't shrink down to nothing and I would think they'd cause routing nightmares. I didn't test them in an area where sims would be walking, still I'd think the game would sense their presence and try to route around them. And with the number needed to get a decent fog going it feels like trouble.

I look forward to seeing what you get though.
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 To fog up the place you will need a lot of them. The resize doesn't change the size of the foggy patch but it's not very big to begin with. I'd be curious to see the results, because they don't shrink down to nothing and I would think they'd cause routing nightmares. I didn't test them in an area where sims would be walking, still I'd think the game would sense their presence and try to route around them. And with the number needed to get a decent fog going it feels like trouble.

I look forward to seeing what you get though.

I was able to do a quick test earlier on and it seems to be working fine with MOO. The only “issue” I have with this object is that it doesn’t emit fog autonomously. As far as I understand I will always need to switch it on for it to work. I also cannot place it under a stone or in a bush and then switch it on. It has to be activated beforehand, then moved into position. That’s a lot of jumping back and forth between live mode and build mode and quite similar to the way editing lights and candles works. We need to go to live mode in order to fine tune and change the colors of lights. If these happen to be on a community lot, your household needs to travel there first before you can change anything. I never understood the thought process behind this decision. In Sims 3 (and Sims 2?) all these options are directly available in build mode. Sims 4 is a bit backwards in that regard. (And some other regards 😅).

Unlike the FX emitters available in build mode, there will be no fog on community lots unless I go through the “Turn On” interaction. This defeats the purpose of entering a mysteriously foggy lot. Especially when you want to share such a build on the gallery. It would be very much like: “Okay folks just close your eyes for a second and don’t open them until I’ve got all the gravestones turned on.” I personally find it immersion breaking. In my opinion the fog should be present at all times, very much like the fog in Forgotten Hollow. I wonder… is there really no debug object of this fog animation?! 🧐

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    If you don't mind CC there is also this fog/smoke rug.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/fog-smoke-rug-21575798?epik=dj0yJnU9OG1VVUFkejhBYS11a05qYzMtQ1l3ZUtUd2w4Uzc2T1EmcD0wJm49cHFwQURMNko3aDQ2VHdJNmZuTnR1QSZ0PUFBQUFBR0tBQlZ3

Anyway, I am pretty sure the upcoming pack will have fog in it, hopefully it will be a placeable effect, like the pond critters.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    If we had dragons, they could emit a lot of smoke, so your lot can always feel foggy.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    I am sort of sick of small, highly themed, international worlds that do not gel with the existing worlds at all and are filled with a highly prescribed architectural style that makes any other style stick out like a sore thumb, to the extent that many of the simmer built lots in the recent worlds look incredibly similar, all the same style, same colour schemes, same furnishings.

That being said, if there is a new world, I hope it takes influence from a cheesy 80s/90s teen horror movie vibe instead of trying to imitate some historical folklore from some culture neither the Dev team or the YouTubers they hire know nothing about.

If possible, I'd like to see a genericish Americana small town in a woodsy PNW locale, that way it can fit in with Evergreen Harbor, Glimmerbrook, and maybe even Forgotten Hollow.

I can think of three distinct neighborhoods, a town square with lots arranged around a park (courthouse, arcade, comic book store, library etc), a suburban street, the type you would see in a teen horror movie, but with the lots clustered together on the same street (like Willow Creek or Oasis Springs) so differing styles don't look out of place, and finally a large, sprawling forested backwoods area with cabins, ranger station, lake, abandoned lumber mills etc.

I completely agree. I would like an American small town world. That would be perfect for this pack (imo).
    He/Him
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    Another trick I don't think anyone has mentioned is that you can fill the basement with tons of chimneys. Thank me later 😏

y4SmJuX.png
    n16iW7b.png
    tqPR8i7.png
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited May 2022
    wow that's an amazing idea @Babykittyjade
    I'll just thank you now
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a fog FX object to be added to the Build Mode pond tool section.

Have you tried the steam grate (or what it’s called) from Get Together? It’s in pool supplies. I think if you got move objects on that you can place it like in a bush and you get somewhat of a foggy effect :)

SignatureSparkly.gif
    Another trick I don't think anyone has mentioned is that you can fill the basement with tons of chimneys. Thank me later 😏
    y4SmJuX.png
    n16iW7b.png
    tqPR8i7.png

This is an ingenious idea & those are great shots too!
    Do I need to put a fireplace in the basement though? I thought chimneys only smoke when a fireplace is on. Either way, I had other plans for today but now I have to spend my Sunday experimenting with all this smoking’ hot stuff.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a fog FX object to be added to the Build Mode pond tool section.

Have you tried the steam grate (or what it’s called) from Get Together? It’s in pool supplies. I think if you got move objects on that you can place it like in a bush and you get somewhat of a foggy effect :)

I use all the pool and pond emitters to create various subtle effects, but in all fairness now I don’t use them enough.
    I still hope we’re getting a huge ground fog spawner in the near future, ideally to be available in base game build mode.

I also want to thank everyone again for giving me lots of foggy ideas on this thread.
    I apologize for constantly going off topic. I just get a little excited at times. Like a silly little puppy…

Please keep sharing all the world ideas! ❤️

Speaking of world ideas…what about a Victorian London inspired Steam Punk world? With lots of steam? 🐶
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,935 Member

y4SmJuX.png
    n16iW7b.png
    tqPR8i7.png

omg thats genius not only for fog
    but also I think it would probably look real cool with smog from eco lifestyle as sort of apocalyptic scene with smoking stuffs
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    If we get a colab with BTS put it in South Korea

If not, I’d like the idea of a rain forest.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member

Thank you @DaniRose2143!

Oh well we do have fog emitters in Spooky Stuff in build buy mode.
    edited May 2022
    I'm pretty sure a fog object will come with the Gamepack cause how else would SimGuruNinja would have put fog behind his avatar? What's more this might be in a free update before the GP Releases.
    edited May 2022

Thank you @DaniRose2143!

Indeed, I did find the Spooky Stuff Grave Light Fog emitter and it does the job to some extend, but not to extend I want.
    I’m very particular about my fog. In fact, I can be a rather difficult person when it comes to the topic of fog. I understand this might sound vague, but you know…that’s what it’s all about isn’t it?

Thank you @DaniRose2143!

Indeed, I did find the Spooky Stuff Grave Light Fog emitter and it does the job to some extend, but not to extend I want.
    I’m very particular about my fog. In fact, I can be a rather difficult person when it comes to the topic of fog. I understand this might sound vague, but you know…that’s what it’s all about isn’t it?

Yes it's limited that's why I'm hoping for some Fog Machines in the Upcoming Gamepack.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I am hoping for a large new world with this pack as the world will be the major selling point for me.
    Scottish Highlands would be great. I love the idea of cool foggy mornings so I hope you all are correct about the fog.
    Whatever it is I hope it has large lots and swimmable water.
    I also had the thought of London, there was a movie called "American Werewolf in London" and then the short in the announcement trailer looked like it could have been in a city.