Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited May 2022
    Looking at the map and the family names it seems, just like with Selvadorada, that this is a mix of "traits" from a broader region, in this case Mediterranean / Aegean coastline in general. To my untrained eye it's about 40% Italian, 20% Spanish, 10% French, 10% Greek, 10% Croatian. All the names of lots seem Italian but some of the buildings are far more Greek or Croatian in style and one of the townie families definitely have a name that sounds like it's from that area.

I'm definitely going to move my couple to the world after they both graduate, but I cannot decide between the lot on the island or the lot at the uppermost left corner. The more I think about it the bridge over the waterfall is awesome but the ocean view from the island lot beats the actual LOT up there by a mile.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I just had a rather relaxing and enjoyable Rehearsal Dinner in my game. The events didn't all fill-up practically at once, as they did before and at least one toast was made by the Father of the Bride. Both families were there in full. There was dancing, eating, toasting and conversing amongst the soon to be one big happy family!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @simgirl1010 Read your article. Very well done, and thanks for the review!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    @simgirl1010 Read your article. Very well done, and thanks for the review!

The article is from Sims Community. 🙂
    Lots of news, articles, and tutorials.
    https://simscommunity.info/
    JestTru wrote: »
    Is it worth getting now or waiting for a sale?

I think it's a great pack. I blame myself for most if not all of the mishaps. There is a bit of a learning curve to this one. As I have posted before, I only just learned the bride and groom can cut the cake together. BUT, the cake MUST be on a DINING table for it to occur. Also, you can't have more than one wedding arch on the lot. This can cause a whole range of adverse affects. (Really, why would you need more than one, right?) I will be taking my YA couple through their Wedding once more now that I'm back home again. Had a serious (series) of failures while on the road, then discovered that part of the backdrop in the venue I found on the Gallery quite some time ago, were enlarged wedding arches. Once I removed those, things started to playout the way they were designed to. Player Malfunction, as I like to call it. I simply didn't recognize them for what they were in their oversized shape. I shall have to reclaim the Screenshots folder from my laptop in order to show you what I mean. Right now, it's still in its bag. Yeah, I'm exhausted.

Thing is, a game like Sims 4 should not HAVE a real learning curve. The bugs aside (I watched Lilsimsie's review of the pre-patch pack after getting it yesterday) even with the bugs patched, there is a LOT of things that isn't explained, like what kind of table you have to put the cake on to make it work, or the fact that you have to talk to people before assigning them roles, something no other kind of party or social event has in the game (that is a very weird choice to me).

I got gifted this pack yesterday so I have it now installed, but I have not had a wedding yet... The wedding aspect itself was never a big selling point for me, I usually go thru with the ceremony but without guests (so semi-eloping). I must say though that the starter home lot at the very top left seems to perfect for a modest celebrity that don't really care about being famous and isn't interested in living in "The Hollywood Hills", in a penthouse or similar. The world does look amazing and it is nice to see a part of "Europe" that is not Britain (Cottage Living, Discover University, arguably Realm Of Magic) or Central Europe (Get Together, Vampires) :)
    I also don't mind "boring" or "empty" worlds as long as they are beautiful, my distaste for Evergreen Harbor is that two out of three neighborhoods are so utterly boring even with all the modern development; it's just square city blocks on flat surface. While I adore Sulani and somewhere between 80% and 90% of my Sims end up living there permanently.

I don't agree. I believe most games, including card games and ye Olde-fashioned board games, all have a learning curve. I was never really into the notion of video games years ago, but my daughter talked about The Sims so much and then she moved onto Sims2 and extoled the virtues of that iteration that when she returned to our home state, she brought over a gaming laptop to show me all about it. I dutifully sat down and created a Sim. Then, as instructed I chose a lot for her to live in and then played a bit, while she directed me. (I love my grown daughter to pieces, but she can be a control freak at times.) I played enough of the game, that I began to lament when she couldn't drop by with said laptop so I could continue to play. Playing all on my own, I realized there were things I just didn't know about the game. In fact, all of these years later, I'm still learning about Sims4! I don't see any instructions (hints) on the Kyron as the game loads for MWS, have you? Not much is given even in the lessons. Certainly questions I've had weren't available. Could just be me.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022

I think it's a great pack. I blame myself for most if not all of the mishaps. There is a bit of a learning curve to this one. As I have posted before, I only just learned the bride and groom can cut the cake together. BUT, the cake MUST be on a DINING table for it to occur. Also, you can't have more than one wedding arch on the lot. This can cause a whole range of adverse affects. (Really, why would you need more than one, right?) I will be taking my YA couple through their Wedding once more now that I'm back home again. Had a serious (series) of failures while on the road, then discovered that part of the backdrop in the venue I found on the Gallery quite some time ago, were enlarged wedding arches. Once I removed those, things started to playout the way they were designed to. Player Malfunction, as I like to call it. I simply didn't recognize them for what they were in their oversized shape. I shall have to reclaim the Screenshots folder from my laptop in order to show you what I mean. Right now, it's still in its bag. Yeah, I'm exhausted.

Thing is, a game like Sims 4 should not HAVE a real learning curve. The bugs aside (I watched Lilsimsie's review of the pre-patch pack after getting it yesterday) even with the bugs patched, there is a LOT of things that isn't explained, like what kind of table you have to put the cake on to make it work, or the fact that you have to talk to people before assigning them roles, something no other kind of party or social event has in the game (that is a very weird choice to me).

I got gifted this pack yesterday so I have it now installed, but I have not had a wedding yet... The wedding aspect itself was never a big selling point for me, I usually go thru with the ceremony but without guests (so semi-eloping). I must say though that the starter home lot at the very top left seems to perfect for a modest celebrity that don't really care about being famous and isn't interested in living in "The Hollywood Hills", in a penthouse or similar. The world does look amazing and it is nice to see a part of "Europe" that is not Britain (Cottage Living, Discover University, arguably Realm Of Magic) or Central Europe (Get Together, Vampires) :)
    I also don't mind "boring" or "empty" worlds as long as they are beautiful, my distase for Evergreen Harbor is that two out of three neighborhoods are so utterly boring even with all the modern development; it's just square city blocks on flat surface. While I adore Sulani and somewhere between 80% and 90% of my Sims end up living there permanently.

I politely disagree with the learning curve statement. A big part of video games is learning how to play them. I think the sims actually benefit from having learning curves because that means the game is complex and in depth enough to keep you engaged, discovering new things and going through trial and error. Instead of just a simplistic one shot and done kind of thing. Plus the complexities open up avenues to different ways to play. With the way they did weddings and all of the micromanagement, it allows me to have more varied wedding for different types of Sims. I can pick and choose what I want to add or leave out. I think if anything they are giving us more freedom. To have everything play out in one long scripted animation like some people want would be very limiting.
    Perhaps how everything works could be explained more but that's also why we have forums, games changers, EA help,reddit,google and other avenues of info.
    Just my opinion though🙂

And tartosa is nothing short of beautiful 😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited May 2022

I also don't mind "boring" or "empty" worlds as long as they are beautiful, my distaste for Evergreen Harbor is that two out of three neighborhoods are so utterly boring even with all the modern development; it's just square city blocks on flat surface. While I adore Sulani and somewhere between 80% and 90% of my Sims end up living there permanently.

I don't agree. I believe most games, including card games and ye Olde-fashioned board games, all have a learning curve.

There is a difference between a skill based game and challenge-less open sandbox like Sims 4 tho. If you don't intuitively understand all new gameplay elements immediately in a game like this I think it's a failure on the UI designers side, not on mine.

Anyway, I do enjoy this pack (my Sims will definitely move to this world after getting married) after doing the usual fixing of the prebuilt public lots (not pack-bug specific but general mistakes made by the builders to make the lots work well). This is not a critique of the pack, it's just me shrugging my shoulders and getting to work repairing prebuilt lots in every pack in every world ever.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited May 2022
    I like the woman's suit on certain Sims. It looks pretty good on Aileen, bride's mom.
    Pants-Suit.jpg

Big weddings are a must have occasion for my Sims. Tried to have my wedding in the Winter. Let's just say it started off well until the father of the bride walked in late and then it got dark. So, I decided to wait until Spring to hold the ceremony.

Initial wedding layout with the Toddlers happily playing in the front row.
    Wedding-Day-1.jpg
    I did get some nice photos before having to shut the whole thing down. The groom's little sister, Brittni, as the flower girl.
    Wedding-Day-2.jpg

The groom's nephew, Noah, as the ring bearer.
    Wedding-Day-3.jpg

Although it got dark and I decided to give up, took some photos anyway.
    Wedding-Day-4.jpg

Wedding-Day-5.jpg

Unfortunately, the toddlers will be sitting in the back so that they don't react to the wedding. New seating layout. Wedding-Photo.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    This pack had such a rough start, but after my first wedding in months I must say that it works flawlessly today and offers a marvellous immersion. Even throwing the bouquet was a success. One of the best GPs, also because of the beautiful world and the great CAS.
    This pack had such a rough start, but after my first wedding in months I must say that it works flawlessly today and offers a marvellous immersion. Even throwing the bouquet was a success. One of the best GPs, also because of the beautiful world and the great CAS.

Thanks for the update! I have a wedding to plan in the very near future and I'd been putting it off. Now I'm excited to get started.

• TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member

It's true. Weddings are so much fun now. Also, Tartosa, one of the best game pack worlds.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Ooh, I have a number of couples who can marry in the near future, I'm glad to hear it's all working well now.

But, really, you folks like Tartosa? Do you mean to just visit? I tried having sims live there and found it too meh.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    I just wanted to add I think it is working fairly well now, the first dance lasts longer, my sims didn't have to go outside for it they weren't locking up, but I had to invite their family there because I forgot to add guests. Which is my issue yes I just don't know if everything would have been as smooth. It is just nice when you know how buggy things were and it was definitely worked on as promised.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Ooh, I have a number of couples who can marry in the near future, I'm glad to hear it's all working well now.

But, really, you folks like Tartosa? Do you mean to just visit? I tried having sims live there and found it too meh.

Tartosa is a beautiful stage for other packs. For example, don't waste the downtown beach area as a wedding location - turn it into a real working beach lot if you have Island Living.
    My Tartosa is mainly wedding commercial venues. I have a bridal salon, a bakery for all those lovely wedding cakes, a wedding/reception venue, a romantic restaurant, and a couple of honeymoon rentals. The beach lot remained a beach lot with a cute area for drinks and socializing.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    I also kept the beach as a beach. I was so disapointed with the part of the town that is lovely but there is nothing that you can do there, not even sit on the chairs on the terrace that I built mon own town square on the big lot just behing the village with a bar, a flower shop, a pastry shop a caterer a fishmonger shop.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how much use I’ve gotten out of the new men’s clothes that came with this pack. 👍
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    My Tartosa is mainly wedding commercial venues. I have a bridal salon, a bakery for all those lovely wedding cakes, a wedding/reception venue, a romantic restaurant, and a couple of honeymoon rentals. The beach lot remained a beach lot with a cute area for drinks and socializing.
    I'm thinking of making it all wedding, community and rentals. It is beautiful for sure, but I just did not get on with having sims live there. But honeymooning there would probably be lovely.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    For me, tartosa will be a wedding/vacation area. I plan to have a wedding boutique and cake shop on one lot, possibly add camera’s to take pictures, and add a Photo Booth, I downloaded one of my daughters families that the mother has the aspiration finished so the cakes will never go bad. i haven’t tried Sulani’s boats, jet ski’s, floats, or fishing traps yet, but I plan to with non wedding families on vacation. I expect tartosa to be as much for vacations as for weddings anyway.. I have at least 1 vacation lot in each world anyway. I may kick the 2 families out so I have room for a nice wedding venue, a lounge, a nice restaurant, a spa, a nightclub, and of course a rental, and a beach, as well as the boutique/cake shop/nice picture area with camera and camera stand with a nice background. This way families can vacation as well as honeymoon.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,657 Member
    I'm in the minority I think, but I love Tartosa as a residential world. I really wish it had come with more lots, and for a time early on I didn't think I could use it this way but it has won me over. Over the last year it's become my favorite world. In the one save where my main characters call it home I am slowly remaking all of the lots. Like everybody else I have left the beach lot alone. I will spruce it up a bit, but I ditched my original plan to have my main character built a home there. My next project is building a new nightclub to replace Celebrazioni. After that I plan to do something with the wedding venue which I have never used. The one wedding I've done and the two coming up are all destination weddings. Two in Sulani and I'm not sure where the third one will be just yet. It's possible the third one may be in Tartosa after all.

As far as the rest of the pack, I did have a really minor issue with the one wedding I've done so far. One of the bridesmaids kept standing in front of the officiant and blocking the couple. She took care of the issue on her own on the third try, she autonomously went to the bar at the back of the venue to make herself a Dim n Gusty. She did bring her drink back and sat down to watch her friends get married. The only thing I really didn't care for about the pack was the premade families. They struck me as being among the most bland characters that have come with any of the packs.
    edited April 2023
    I'm thinking of making it all wedding, community and rentals. It is beautiful for sure, but I just did not get on with having sims live there. But honeymooning there would probably be lovely.

I originally thought about making it a honeymoon spot, but just like Sulani, there is not restaurant. At least I could add one on that large empty beach lot. There really are no lots in Sulani to add such, however.

@DaniRose2143 Oh, you mean there were families that came with MWS? Could've fooled me. LOL
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,776 Member
    There really are no lots in Sulani to add such, however.

You have all other houses at use? nothing you could bulldoze?

I have restaurants in both, Sulani and Tartosa :) But yes I don't usually play premades there that much, so its not important to me do they have a house or not. And usually I take down some of the not lived residential lots to place more communitylots.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Sulani is mainly commercial for me too. I've booted out the premades. Put in a couple of rental lots, seafood restaurant, etc. My sims mainly use it for day trips and the events.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top