March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Never Have I Ever... [GAME]

Comments

• KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    Never. It wouldn't be something I would ever even think about having done either.

NHIE owned a coffee maker.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I'vr had drip coffee makers, Melitta cones for pour-over, the Japanese Kalita version of the pour-over cone-filter coffee maker, Italian moka-pots for stovetop espresso, stovetop percolators, electric percolators, French press, cold-brew jars...about the only one I haven't tried yet is the vacuum extraction one.

Thanks, DeKay, for the links. I was surprised the two could be compared just because they both contain egg, because one is a dense baked pudding, the other is a light, puffy, air-filled bread roll. By their logic, a cream puff or an eclair would be "similar" to them both as well, even though all three are nothing alike at all in flavor, texture, preparation, or application, just because it has an eggy batter. Well, thanks for showing me, I wouldn't have believed someone wrote that otherwise. :D

@DaniRose2143 You're probably right, I must have had some that was just lackluster? I think the gravy being flavorless was the worst part because I grew up revering good gravy. And I got it in a touristy section of Quebec, at a place that specialized in Poutine so I was surprised it wasn't that good. What was the kind you had like?

NHIE had fresh frogs' legs.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    I'vr had drip coffee makers, Melitta cones for pour-over, the Japanese Kalita version of the pour-over cone-filter coffee maker, Italian moka-pots for stovetop espresso, stovetop percolators, electric percolators, French press, cold-brew jars...about the only one I haven't tried yet is the vacuum extraction one.

Thanks, DeKay, for the links. I was surprised the two could be compared just because they both contain egg, because one is a dense baked pudding, the other is a light, puffy, air-filled bread roll. By their logic, a cream puff or an eclair would be "similar" to them both as well, even though all three are nothing alike at all in flavor, texture, preparation, or application, just because it has an eggy batter. Well, thanks for showing me, I wouldn't have believed someone wrote that otherwise. :D

DaniRose2143 You're probably right, I must have had some that was just lackluster? I think the gravy being flavorless was the worst part because I grew up revering good gravy. And I got it in a touristy section of Quebec, at a place that specialized in Poutine so I was surprised it wasn't that good. What was the kind you had like?

I don't know what kinda Yorkshire puddings you've had but I wouldn't really called it a densely baked pudding. 😂 I don't even know why they have the word pudding in it but I guess the same could be said about bread pudding. LOL.

I honestly think popovers and yorkshire pudding are super similar; even more similar than biscuits and scones. Yorkshire pudding is usually slightly more savory but if you tweaked the recipe slightly, it could easily pass as a popover recipe cuz both are using roughly a similar concept. And if you don't have a popover tin, your popovers will also not rise up so much and could still become a bit more dense like the yorkshire pudding. So they're kinda interchangeable depending on what you have.

Choux pastry is a totally different ball game cuz you're adding the add to the cooked flour and butter.

No, I've never eaten frog legs.

NHIE liked eating chicken feet.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Never tried 'em. Or, any critter feet, for that matter.

NHIE inherited a large sum of money
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,667 Member

@DaniRose2143 You're probably right, I must have had some that was just lackluster? I think the gravy being flavorless was the worst part because I grew up revering good gravy. And I got it in a touristy section of Quebec, at a place that specialized in Poutine so I was surprised it wasn't that good. What was the kind you had like?

Extremely tasty, and my introduction wasn't in Canada. It was here in America, but supposedly the chef was from Canada, so I'm I don't know if I can call it true Poutine or not. I mean I can't confirm the cook actually was from Canada, I have to take the staff's word for it. But the gravy is the key, flat lifeless gravy is going to give you a horrible result. The gravy I had was really flavorful and I'm not sure what oil they fried the potatoes in but it gave them a great flavor and a beautiful crunch. I want to say the menu mentioned duck fat, but don't hold me too it. I've made it at home, and I pan fried the potatoes in avocado oil and they were superb. A dash of this, a sprinkle of that in the gravy and fresh jalapeño cheese curds from the cheese shop down the street, and heaven on a plate, h**l on the scales. But worth every calorie.

Can't say. I've never tried them, but I'll try anything once.

NHIE tried Mexican spaghetti.

Never knew that was a thing! :O

NHIE had an iPhone.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I never have either.

NHIE owned a hot plate.
    I have

NHIE seen an avalanche
    Nah.

NHIE seen a big tornado in real life.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I’ve seen funnel clouds. We do get tornadoes here, and I sat through one during a Billy Joel concert once. Nothing majorly destructive, though.

NHIE been an aunt/uncle.
    Yes. Six of them.

NHIE been through a dust storm.
    No.

NHIE been in a fist fight
    edited May 2022
    I have, but it's not something I'd want to glorify. It was very brief, I didn't instigate, but I finished it fast, hope it never happens again.

Oh, and @Dekay thank you for clarifying because I just learned something, and am a bit embarrassed. I had only ever had what were, apparently, failed attempts that a relative made, never knew they were supposed to be light and airy! LOL

NHIE gone on a balloon ride.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    I have, but it's not something I'd want to glorify. It was very brief, I didn't instigate, but I finished it fast, hope it never happens again.

Oh, and Dekay thank you for clarifying because I just learned something, and am a bit embarrassed. I had only ever had what were, apparently, failed attempts that a relative made, never knew they were supposed to be light and airy! LOL

NHIE gone on a balloon ride.

No need to be embarrassed. 😅🤗

Never on the balloon ride.

NHIE had a Blackberry phone.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Never

NHIE gone skiing
    No.

NHIE eaten a snow cone.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Yes

NHIE been to an air show
    Never, but since I live relatively close to a major military base I have seen planes flying around doing various maneuvers and tricks out in the desert.

NHIE rode a street motorcycle.
    Never. I have wanted to learn how because it does look like fun, but I am a scaredy cat. It would be fun I think to take a ride on one through pretty mountain scenery. Of course hiking through the same scenery would be just as awesome.

NHIE screamed while riding a rollercoaster.
    must have when I was at a theme park once, as a teen.

NHIE had a yoga swing installed.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    No.

NHIE been on a blind date.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Never

NHIE done a bike ride over 100 miles in a single day.
    No.

NHIE been a lawyer.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Nah.

NHIE hired a lawyer.
    No, thankfully.

NHIE wanted to be a lawyer.

Leave a Comment