Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-apr27.jpg
    April 27: The Draft!

Special Appearance By: Adam Strong ( @RememberJoy )
    After work, D.J. comes home prepared to look for a place to rent of his very own. Adam had mentioned to D.J. that he could stay as long as he liked. But D.J. felt like he was mooching off a friend and sleeping on the couch or floor at times started to take its toll on his back.

However, D.J. arrives with a concerned look on Adam's face. D.J. knew something was wrong. Adam is holding a couple envelopes in his hand. He hands one to D.J. The return address at the top right reads SIMS NATIONAL ARMY, STRANGERVILLE NATIONAL BASE. In the middle of the envelope was D.J.'s full name and address - DASH FAIREBORN, DOCK DEN, WINDENBURG. D.J. thought they must have gotten his address from Britechester University as he put Adam's address as him home location since he more than likely would have not been accepted if he put he was homeless. Stamped at the top in red were the words OPEN IMMEDIATELY.

"What's this?" D.J. asks Adam.
    "You might want to open it and look for yourself." Adam replied. "I received one, too."

Opening the envelope, D.J. pulls out a letter.

Order of Induction into Military Service of the Sims Nation.
    To Dash Faireborn
    Order Number 5 Serial Number 17
    Greeting: For the purpose of determining how you can best serve Sims Nation in the present emergency, you are hereby notified that you have now been selected for immediate military service.
    You will, therefore, report to the location named below at StrangerVille National Base for military duty.
    From and after the day you arrive you will be a soldier in the military service of Sims Nation.

dj-04-178.jpg

D.J. looks up at Adam. "Are we being recruited?"
    "It looks like it. I believe they call it being drafted." Adam responds.
    "But what's the emergency?" D.J. asks looking frustrated. "I don't see any threats or heard any over the news lately on tv."
    "I know as much as you do."

D.J. looks at the letter more and at the bottom is a date and time. It was for this coming Sunday. There will be buses picking up Sims at the local train stations in each town and Sims should bring the notice with them. From the train stations, the buses will head to the specific locations.

dj-04-179.jpg

D.J. calls Paige to give her the news. He was planning to show her his new place this weekend with a date, but now he has to tell her he's leaving for who knows how long. He still wants to see her again, but giving her a heads up what is going to happen after will soften the blow.

dj-04-180.jpg

Side Note:
    I was hoping to have D.J. hold a piece of paper, but that was a no go. So, using Paintshop Pro, I turned a book into a piece of paper. The writing on the front I don't like, but it was the best I could do. The point gets across what he is holding, I guess. :lol:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @LegacySims2017
    Great idea for a double date with Adam and Kaori! Love that they took some time to do some yoga together as well.

Oh boy, DJ's boss seemed a bit worried he'd concentrate on writing books more than his job. He set her straight though. She has nothing to worry about. :) Good luck getting published, though I don't think he'll need it. ;)

o.O I wondered how you were going to handle DJ being in the military and everyone else going to StrangerVille with him. Great job! I think you did well with using a book and Paintshop to make it look like a letter. When I needed something like that, I used the practice acting animation to get the look. I like your idea though. Very cool and great segue! :)

@SoulGal7
    Whoa, Dylan certainly was a busy little dreamboat kisser at Aaron's dorm eh? o.O It seems he's picking up speed now with the kisses. Bummer Aaron was there the entire time. I guess Dylan never thought to check Aaron's room or was just too distracted to think about doing that logical action. hehe So he never went home. Well at least they had a nice comfy couch for him to crash on for the night. :)

@Shadami
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would never, ever want to be a famous person, no privacy whatsoever. o.O Looks like Velma had a great time just hanging out with friends. I love the way Cale is looking at her, though I think it's not meant to be for these two. We shall see. Interesting how she has more than one photo of DJ on her piano. She certainly is popular and gave out a lot of autographs. Very sweet of her to do! Oh, her back is hurting, must be getting close to time for the baby to come. Exciting! :)
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited May 2022
    April 30
    *lol remember when I said I'd try to keep up this month? whoops :sweat_smile:
    r1dUV9T.png
    So as evidenced by the daily pic, Aaron got a job as a botanist! :smiley:
    And of course his first day of work was super boring LOL
    JfSCKkb.png

Luckily Hunter was there to save the day ;)

"You look so hot in that labcoat..."
    LFgFibk.png
    robSH7G.png

Inevitably, this lead to woohoo HAHA
    O5hcGS7.png

Yoshi, NO!!!!
    lV7sz2P.png
    FGVLwbw.png

Why is he smiling like that??? :D:D
    DJOetVQ.png
    EVgZsEO.png

Oh also of course Aaron completed the Academic aspiration:
    i5ykTMP.png
    ~~~

Adonis graduated a week after Aaron and look who he graduated with!
    4ejp1bv.png

He got a job as a marine biologist and would soon move to Sulani. Also yes he suddenly sprouted muscles lol
    xSUcLbo.png
    Zd6JZai.png

To celebrate their graduations, Adonis suggested he and Aaron go and get tattoos.
    TT3PYzZ.png
    TjrNcu0.png
    8IvtBJv.png

Aaron chose, of course, a bat ;)
    48BMDjh.png
    (If you use CC, you can download Aaron's new tattoo here :smiley: )

Adonis got a flower.
    0wyfQmX.png
    ~~~

"Aaron... I... I need to ask you something."
    "What, babe?"
    WVI2gSx.png

"Can you identify this... I think it's a plant but I've never seen anything like it..."
    QN2GfqK.png

Aaron squinted at Hunter's phone screen and frowned, then rubbed his eyes to make sure he was seeing it correctly. "I think I may need to get my eyes checked but... it does look like a plant... those colours are incredible but it's not like anything I've seen in the lab..."
    3FdxPWc.png

He looked up at Hunter. "Where did you take this?"
    Hunter looked away nervously before answering. "The paranormal gig I had last night... It was a place called StrangerVille."
    2o2IrOf.png

"I went in like I always did, greeting the clients if I happened across them when I entered."
    EszvnUX.png

"Found a good spot to make a seance circle. I always like to start with a ceremony."
    tkBHaAI.png

"And usually, when I reach out into the spirit world during these ceremonies, I find only spirits. Which is what you'd expect, right? But this time, I felt something else..."
    opU4hQu.png

"It was like something was speaking to me. Whispering, really. But I didn't have much time to dwell on it because SHE arrived..."
    cjP1dT6.png

"I ignored the feeling and focused instead on summoning good ol' Bonehilda to kick her butt. Which she promptly did, of course."
    9rKqCRX.png

"But as I went around kicking creepy hands and tearing out twisted tendrils, that weird sensation came back. It... it was unnerving."
    6BxuNnq.png

"I performed another ceremony at my seance circle. It only got stronger. And it didn't feel like vampire, or spellcaster. It felt..."
    x9zbVyq.png

"...Alien. The feeling seemed to point me in the direction of this... bulb thing, and honestly my first thought was 'wow, Aaron would love this.' I left pretty quickly after snapping a picture of it though, my gig was over."
    He finished his recount and shrugged. "Thought that since you're a botanist, you might know something."
    Aaron looked at the picture again and cursed his eyesight. "Maybe we could check it out," he said slowly. "StrangerVille?"
    "Yeah," Hunter sighed. "With a name like that..."
    "Pretty sure Cale said he got a job there," Aaron mused. "As a plant biologist, like me. Maybe I could get a transfer to the lab he works at. I really want to study these plants, they seem fascinating... And especially if they made a big, brave paranormal investigator like my fiance scared." He grinned at Hunter.
    "Riiiight," Hunter said. "Add this to the list of things that might try to kill you."
    "Sure," Aaron snorted. "And if you really thought that you wouldn't have shown me the picture in the first place."
    "Just wanted to know what it was," Hunter said defensively. "It felt dangerous, in a way. Aliens are... well, they're not like us."
    "If these alien plants are dangerous, we should study them to see how," Aaron said confidently. "They may not be as bad as you think. Besides, we kinda need to get out of Britechester now that we've- I mean, I've graduated. This place is kinda cramped."
    Hunter nodded. "You're right."
    "Let's start looking into some properties in StrangerVille, I'll contact my employer and see about transferring there, and it'll be all well and good. But first I need to go to a freaking optometrist."

Aaron's optimism was usually infectious when he was in a mood like this, but Hunter couldn't help but think about one of the clients he had chatted with on the StrangerVille job. For a few hours before he'd finished up what he needed to do, she'd been... strange... muttering gibberish about 'the Mother', whoever THAT was. He wondered if it was linked to the whispering plant... and if going to StrangerVille was going to be a giant mistake, just like Glimmerbrook was.
    dixrGVz.png

He hoped he was wrong.

Post edited by afai1261 on
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited May 2022
    Ah dang it I'm falling behind on comments... but here they are for page 68

@Karababy52
    May 4: Hehe of course Cale seduces the scientists into sharing all their secret information :D
    HAHA love the conveniently placed woohoo bush ;)
    Ooh I actually gasped out loud when I saw Sandy there :o Yikes, hope she didn't see anything :grimace:
    "lovely lady making her nightly zombie rounds" - :joy:
    Poor Cale freaking out! And she resisted the slap!
    HAHA omg those photos!!! Can't believe that's actually possible, I love them! :joy: Hilarious, but also creepy :D
    Ah, glad he got her out of it and he could add her to his very long list of baby mamas ;)
    Oh yeah that's an idle animation (hugging trash) that sims with the recycle disciple trait from EL do, I think. It's definitely an EL trait anyway lol
    So remember how I was saying that my sims never do flower arranging? The StrangerVille house I downloaded for Aaron and co. came with a flower arranging table so Aaron's doing it now too :D
    950??? Dang that's some good money for a bouquet! o.O

~~~
    Don needed a makeover with body hair ;)

When Aaron pulled out the ball without hesitation while still in his graduation gown I just sighed, I should have seen it coming from a million miles away LOL

Yay, so glad you liked the shots of Cale and Leo!
    I'm planning for Cale to be involved in my StrangerVille arc in some way so I hope to have a lot more screenshots of him and Leo haha. And Cale finally lives with Aster (and Leo of course), so they're probably going to get married sometime this month too ;)

~~~
    May 5: Ah, finally the lab!
    Great pics of Cale and Fox exploring!
    Poor Fox failing with the computers!
    Cale, how old is that bread? lol

~~~
    I was so excited to share their engagement <3 I couldn't stop smiling while playing it and writing it up.
    The summit of Mt K was where they first professed their love for each other, so I figured it would make a great wedding location lol. The only problem with that is that if I have them elope there then none of their friends can attend their actual wedding event, or I could do the elopement and just throw a party or something. I'll figure it out ;) Also just need to figure out when. Plus if I decide they will get married at Mt K, Hunter will need to raise his rock climbing skill and that'll take forever HAHA

@SoulGal7
    May 5: I always love the establishing shots of locations that you use for daily images sometimes, and this one of Britechester campus is lovely!
    Cool that Morgan joined the debate guild!
    And hello Aaron! Plus Hunter! Wow, look at these Foxbury boys infiltrating Britechester :joy:
    Aaron my boy you should be studying, not playing the sims! But then again that is literally me HAHA
    Ah, another girl to add to Dylan's list. Yes, definitely glad that Morgan didn't catch him!
    I think Dylan should probably tell Morgan about Kaori sometime soon. But I do wonder what Kaori is up to and how she's doing. Poor girl.
    You'll be okay, Dylan!

May 6: So is Dylan obsessed with juggling his ball too? :D
    Yeah come on Cale, be a gentleman!
    HAHA Lily :joy: He did that autonomously? Oh wow LOL
    I guess Morgan has no other choice but to sit there and read, since her legs are stuck in the couch :joy::joy:
    morgan-being-studious-adam-playing-video-games-and-he-hates-them.png
    omg DJ, stop breaking all the computers HAHA
    Bahaha and the toilet, DJ just isn't having a great day is he? :D
    And he breaks another one! Keep him away from your electronics, people!
    I mean given that Velma did woohoo with Aldo in Shadami's game, wouldn't be surprised LOL

@DramaticJedi5
    May 6: Welcome to the challenge, Krista! She's gorgeous <3
    Tips from playing piano is a nice start to making some money, but it is always tough starting out. My sim was the same but then he switched to fishing and made most of his money in Mount Komorebi from that haha.
    Glad the vending machine didn't squash her!
    Looks like she's enjoying herself on the sled too :)

@RememberJoy
    May 5: Eww those vines coming out of the sink *shudder* UGH and the toilet too!
    Poor Adam is definitely having a rough time! "I don't think I'll ever trust a toilet again" too right :joy:
    Glad Kaori is there for him.
    That guy with the mohawk is so nonchalant about his date being possessed :joy: And then he starts flirting with Adam?
    HAHAHA the exchange between Kian and his sister is great :D
    Congrats Adam for getting the scanner!
    Love how excited Carol is about learning a poisonous dart spell :D

@Shadami
    Mar 1: Ooh, dang that conversation with DJ is intense.
    Cale has a blue-haired baby mama in my game so that may be where some of the confusion came from? lol
    Good lad, Dylan, fixing her toilet! Love how she's looking at him as he does it :joy: Poor Aldo though haha
    Love how assertive Velma's being! She's going to be such a good mother!

Mar 2: Aww, Hunter, baby, you WILL get back with Aaron! I promise! ;)
    Ooh, don't blame Velma being thirsty for Cale LOL
    I mean blue Goth baby is adorable even if he doesn't have the right skintone, or hair colour, or anything... :D
    When he ages up to teen you'll have to show us how he looks!
    Probably the game is just being weird especially given that Bella and Mortimer are indeed his parents, but I've never seen anything quite like this. I don't think that Bella actually has hidden alien genes or something...

@LegacySims2017
    Apr 23: Oh, what a great job for DJ! He looks so happy about it too!

Apr 24: Once again I absolutely love how realistic you're making your story in that DJ's workplaces aren't just rabbitholes. The office looks great and DJ looks very smart in his suit.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    May 10th: A possible breakthrough

roO4KID.png
    I woke up fairly early again, so I grabbed my violin and went a ways away to continue working on my second piece for the violin.
    As I was getting into it, I noticed a familiar face lurching around the corner and realized it was the scientist, Kaydence!
    WHy1pqJ.png
    I put my violin down and tried to talk to her but she was completely possessed and the only words I could make out were:
    "Ħ€Ř Ň€ŞŦ ƗŞ ĆŁØỮЀРƗŇ β€ΔỮŦ¥ Ŵ€ ĐØ ŇØŦ Đ€Ş€ŘV€ Ħ€Ř!"
    NGU2yWw.png
    Alrighty then.
    I hated doing it, but I gave her a good slap to snap her out of it.
    OGN2SJB.png
    She shook her head and seemed to come to, looking a little discombobulated.
    "What happened?" she asked, rubbing the cheek where I slapped her.
    "You were zombified," I explained apologetically, "so I slapped you. Sorry."
    NyrkXtH.png
    She looked upset, "It happened again?" she said dejectedly. "I was hoping the experimental vaccine the military developed would have solved this little problem."
    I looked at her in surprise, "The military has developed a vaccine?"
    She bit her lip, "Oops," she said with a wince, "Nobody is suppose to know about that yet. Probably because it's still experimental, and if I'm anything to go by, apparently it isn't effective at stopping the infection either." She sighed, "Back to the drawing boards I guess."
    EulrahW.png
    Just than I noticed another familiar face lurching towards us, Aleah! I excused myself and chased after her, slapping her awake.
    RnlrIAv.png
    "I need to discuss something with both you and Kaydence," I told her before she'd fully come to. I waved Kaydence over to join us before continuing.
    BiQ7bPu.png
    "I'm going to tell you both something in confidence because I believe we can help each other out here." I took a deep breath, "I've seen the Mother plant."
    Kaydence looked at me in shock and Aleah looked nervous, "I'm not sure if I should be hearing this," she said, "but if you have a way to put an end to all this, I'm willing to cooperate." Kaydence silently nodded in agreement.
    az7c914.png
    "Kaydence," I asked, "do you know what's needed to create an effective antidote against the spores?"
    "Well," Kaydence said hesitantly, glancing at Aleah who shrugged and gestured for her to continue, "the military was trying to use a synthetic replica of the spore in their vaccines for control purposes. They didn't want to accidentally infect someone, so they avoided the actual spores. In my professional opinion, if we could combine the actual spores with that of the plant's fruit, we might be able create something that can reverse the infection and prevent future infections," she paused, "hypothetically speaking of course."
    gP5mdXd.png
    "So we just need to find some more spore clusters and combine them with the plant's fruit," I asked.
    Kaydence nodded, "I'd do it myself," she said looking down at her hands, "but I was suspended after becoming infected. You'll need to find someone who knows how to work a chemical analyzer." She side eyed me, "There are some in the crater lab, but you didn't here it from me."
    "Understood," I said with a nod. "I think I may know someone who can help me in the sciencing department."
    I led them over to our camp fire and called Kaori out of the tent. I introduced her to Kaydence and Aleah, but before we could get much further, Kaydence relapsed and lurched off mumbling to herself.
    FsPRLZN.png
    "It's best if we just leave her for now," Aleah said shaking her head. "For now we need to focus on gathering the ingredients for the cure."
    She got up, twirled into her military fatigues, and marched off.
    UdH82Z3.png
    Carol came out and joined us, and I quickly filled both of them in on what had happened.

Later that morning, after some yoga to help center us, I cornered Kaori and told her I thought it was best if she were the one to return to the lab to try and make the experimental vaccine.
    LHygWPP.png
    "You've used chemical analyzers before, right?" I asked.
    "I had a few labs where we experimented with them," she grinned.
    "Are you up for it?" I asked.
    "Are you kidding!?" she laughed, "I'm stoked! Let's do this!"
    I handed her the hazmat suit, keycard, and spore locator. "You'll also need one of those bizarre looking fruits," I told her.
    We jogged out to a nearby plant, and Kaori bent down and talked to it.
    d2g8diW.png
    "This is what I did last time we saw it bloom," she explained, and sure enough, the flower popped open and revealed it's fruit.
    AYPIi5N.png
    Kaori harvested it and the plant returned to normal.
    "Anything I need to know before I go?" Kaori asked, tucking the fruit away.
    "The mother plant is on the lowest level," I explained. "Try to avoid going down there if you can. Other than that, all I can say is use the spore locator, gather the clusters, and use your amazing sciency ways to combine them with the fruit."
    I leaned in a kissed her on the cheek, "And know that I love you," I said snuggling close, "so please be careful."
    q0R4pXy.png
    She smiled and I helped her get into the hazmat suit (don't worry, I cleaned it after my accident. Scruberoo is a very handy spell to know).
    99OLNzd.png

With a wave she teleported off, and I didn't see her again until later that afternoon.
    NwxhsZ1.png
    When she returned she excitedly told me about how she had located the spore clusters, but hadn't been able resist exploring the lowest level of the lab.
    PEt5nU7.png
    "I needed to see it with my own eyes," she explained. "I only peeked at it though and didn't try to interact with it," she assured me. "But boy, is that thing huge!"
    "Were you able to make an antidote?" I pressed, holding my breath.
    XjCp9cO.png
    "Yes!" she squealed. "I played around with the ingredients and I think I found a combination that should work! We just need to try it out on a possessed sim to see if it's effective."
    oLwYbe4.png
    I grinned, "You never cease to amaze me Kaori," I said. "I'll call Kaydence and Aleah and ask them if we might try the cure out on them next time we see them possessed. I don't want to test an experimental vaccine like this out on someone without their permission, just in case it has unwanted side effects."
    Kaori agreed and I sent off a couple texts to Kaydence and Aleah. By that evening they had both responded, giving their permission to be test subjects for our potential antidote.
    Now we waited.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited May 2022
    May 10: Sunday & Utili-Bot Contest

robot-love.png
    SUNDAY - Part 1

Dylan woke up and after taking a quick shower, he looked for Aaron again, but couldn't find him. So Dylan headed down the elevator and left the dorm. He stood there for a moment and realized that he had stayed out all night. He checked his phone and there was no signal. Well, he couldn't text Morgan or Wolfgang and tell them that he...that he what? That he went to the dorm and kissed a bunch of sims? Yeah, that would go over really well with Morgan.

after-that-night-he-headed-to-foxbury-commons-to-do-some-research.png

And his thoughts of moving into a dorm for Term 2...well, that clearly won't work either. Look at what happened last night! And then he'd have to share a dorm with those sims, and who knows what would happen then. And these Psychology courses...they are just NOT working either. He can't control his mind...and he can't control this curse. He wanted to have a normal life...whatever that was. But most importantly, he wanted to kiss the sim he cared about the most. The sim he would kiss freely if he wasn't under this curse. What he needed to do was find out how to get into that Secret Society and talk to those forest sprites and get rid of this curse. That is what he needed to concentrate on. Geez! And then he would wrap Morgan in his arms and kiss her, like he's never kissed anyone before.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dylan decided to head inside Larry's Lagoon and up to the second floor to use the ERAM computer. Maybe if he searched more Urban Legends, he would find information on the Secret Society. There had been info on Felix Psyched there, maybe...just maybe there would be some little tidbit of info that would give him a clue to this Secret Society. It was worth a try.

When he went inside, he saw a very sad looking sim standing there. She was wearing some shorts and a top, which were more suited for hot weather than for the chilly autumn temperature outside. She looked rather lost. There was no-one else around.

THERE-WAS-A-SAD-LOOKING-SIM-THERE.png

Lost Siml: "Sul Sul...could you...could you help me?"

Dylan: "Yeah...sure..." he said and as he drew closer, he saw that she had been crying, "Are you alright?"

Lost Siml: "No...not really," she replied shakily, "I...er...I came here with my boyfriend last night to this Mixer and he...and he dumped me...I don't really want to get into it...but yeah, he just stormed off and left me here. Anyway...I have no way to get back home now. I don't even know where I am. I've texted him several times, but it bounces back. I think he's blocked me..."

Dylan felt sympathy for the sim. What kind of boyfriend would just leave his girlfriend like that? Oh geez! Nevermind, don't answer that.

Dylan: "So...are you a student here?"

AND-HE-WAS-REALLY-GOING-TO-CHEER-HER-UP.png

Rarahu: "Yes. My name is Rarahu Paoa, and I'm a Drama student at Ubrite. I live in residence there."

Dylan: "Oh, well, the University of Britechester isn't that far from here. You could walk. I can show you how to get there..."

Rarahu: "Oh would you? I've never left UBrite campus before, and I just didn't know how to get back..."

Dylan gave her directions and then thought of the weather outside, "Look, it's a bit chilly out there. I have a sweater in my locker that you can use. It's a bit sticky because I got some juice on it, but you're welcome to have it."

Rarahu looked at him: "You would do that for me? You would loan me your sweater? You don't even know me and you'd do that for me? You are so nice. I am glad I met you..."

Dylan looked at her and saw her sad eyes looking back at him, and before he knew what he was doing, the curse drew them together and he kissed her. Immediately, Dylan realized what he had done and apologized.

AND-NO-MORE-GARLIC.png

Dylan: "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that...you looked so sad...and...I just wanted to cheer you up..."

Rarahu: "Um...it's okay. That kiss...it actually wasn't that bad. But...um...you might want to pop a breath mint. You must have eaten garlic noodles or something last night....because well...um...you have a bit of garlic breath..."

Dylan nodded, "Yeah, garlic noodles. Thanks, I'll do that. And listen...your boyfriend...I don't know what happened between the two of you, but my advice is that you don't need someone like that. There's another sim out there who will treat you like the lady you are. Someone who will make you happy...don't settle for less..."

ANOTHER-TO-KISS.png

Rarahu: "Really? Oh, Dylan, I'm so happy I met you. Thank you for saying that...and thanks for the sweater." They took a selfie together.

Dylan: "Are you going to be okay? I could walk you back to your campus if you want..."

Rarahu: "No, I'll be fine. A nice walk will do me good, you know, to think about things. Thanks Dylan, and I'll leave the sweater for you at the UBrite cafeteria."

Dylan watched her walk away, and even though the curse had overtaken him and he had kissed her, he actually didn't feel too bad about it. And Rarahu really was a nice sim. He hoped that she found someone special, just like she was. He thought about their conversation, and what he had told her about her dead-beat boyfriend. That she deserved to find someone who could make her happy. He thought of Morgan then, and suddenly felt like he needed some air.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dylan walked outside and the crisp air felt good. He decided to head down to the river and maybe just sit for awhile. He saw Bryon and called after him, but Bryon didn't hear him. Maybe it had something to do with the started cry a Spellcaster made when they crash landed on the grass.

i-guess-this-was-a-rough-landing.png

Dylan continued walking and thinking. The episode last night in the dorm and meeting that lost sim had kind of frazzled him. His thoughts turned to Morgan. Dylan had been so hopeful when he first came to university that he would be able to control this curse, that he would join the Secret Society and everything would then be solved. But, it was proving more difficult than he thought. The curse was still controlling him. What if he never got rid of this curse? He certainly couldn't have Morgan hanging around waiting on him forever. He dreaded the day when he would have to tell her to stop hoping that things would change between them. He would have to tell her to find someone else. Because above all, he wanted her to be happy.

He continued to walk and saw a sim playing in a pile of leaves. He recognized the sim as Lily Feng.

lily-feng-who-he-had-sone-an-autonomous-enchanting-greting-the-other-day.png

She saw Dylan and started talking to him about her husband Victor. She didn't seem too happy.

lily-telling-dylan-about-victor.png

Lily: "When I first met Victor, we would go out all the time. We would go to all kinds of places in San Myshuno...art exhibits, festivals...karaoke at the bar. We had a lot of fun together. But, then he got involved in his job, and now he just doesn't want to go anywhere anymore. I feel so alone, sometimes, Dylan, like I don't even know him anymore."

Dylan: "Well, maybe you can ask him out...like on a date or something..."

Lily: "Oh Dylan...what a wonderful idea!"

Dylan: "I mean you might be married and all, but you're still attractive..." he said, and then kissed her. Oh gosh! He's kissed a married sim.

maybe-it-will-be-different-with-lily.png

Lily: "Oh Dylan...you are so sweet, but not quite my type. I am married to Victor, and, well...I am just going to have to work a bit harder on my marriage to keep it exciting. In fact, I really have to go..."

OH-GOSH-SHES-MARRIED.png

Dylan stood there staring after her. He's done it now. Kissed a married sim. When was this curse going to end?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dylan was mulling over what he would do next when he heard an announcement that there was a Utili-Bot Contest at the Foxbury Outdoor Quad. He thought that sounded pretty exciting and walked in that direction.

bot-competition-and-he-sees-her.png

When he got there, Dylan saw an actual robot walking the grounds, and suddenly the curse controlled him and he did an Enchanting Introduction with this robot. What? And to make matters worse, he saw a sim whom he had met in Aaron's dorm. Salma was at the Bot Contest. She was a Bot Savant and had seen what he had just done. Oh no!

in-love-with-a-robot-dylan.png

The robot actually had a name, Artemis Bot, and they took a selfie together. The robot appeared to be smitten with Dylan.

will-i-be-in-love-with-a-robot.png

evern-a-robot-tastes-like-garlic.png

Geez! And then Dylan kissed the robot. Even kissing a robot tastes like garlic...and metal...and oil....and grease...ooh that was a rather gross taste.

Dylan then decided to leave the area and head back inside Larry's Lagoon before something else happened. Focus. He needed to focus. But, it was too late, and he got a text message from Ethren, who had "heard it through the grapevine". Oh geez! Word travels fast. Ethren must have heard about him kissing a robot in front of Salma. Ethren must be so disappointed in him. [Note: Until Dylan gets the Player trait from the Serial Romantic Aspiration, if one of his "girlfriends" sees him being romantic with someone, they will get jealous.]

i-heard-it-through-the-grapevine-call-from-ethren.png

And he also got a strange message from Marcus Flex. Things might travel fast in the REALM, but in Windenburg...news is historically slow. Um...Marcus, you are so behind the times. That was 5 months ago. And you just heard about that now? Okay. So, I guess Kaori is still Dylan's girlfriend, along with several others. Let's hope Marcus doesn't text message Dylan regarding all the other girlfriends. Maybe Dylan will get Marcus' messages in another 5 months' time. This was so weird.

marcus-is-behind-the-times-if-he-just-found-this-out-today.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

arahu-paoa.png

lily-feng-bio.png

artemis-bot.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited May 2022
    May - Day 10: "Never judge a book by it's cover..."

6Rynqtw.png

Notes
    u41Nuxn.png
    Cale and Fox checked the Library for the scientists they'd both met earlier that morning, but neither one was there. They guessed the ladies were sleeping. They decided to try their luck at the bar instead. Cale sat down to talk to a pretty officer, while Fox had a chat with a Private at the bar.

Laying on the charm, Cale was making great progress with the Officer. He'd decided to try seducing her into giving him the information they needed about where to find a Hazmat suit. He had no intensions of following through with his flirtatious suggestions, but due to the alien influence, he had no control.

N2EE1MH.png
    She ended up following him home for a lovely romp. Afterward, Cale asked her about acquiring the suits. She didn't know where he could find any and suggested he talk to a scientist about it. However, she did give him a spore scanner. Perhaps he could use that to scan the area before going further into the lab. It wasn't the best solution, but it was better than nothing.

SoLrVZJ.png
    Cale thanked her again, the best way he knew how and then asked if they could just be friends. She was a little sad about it, but agreed it was probably for the best. They got dressed and left together to go back into town, she needed to get back to base and Cale didn't want to waste any time going back to the library to see if there was any scientists there now. He wasn't sure what Fox was up to, or if he had any luck, but they had agreed to meet back at the house for dinner and report on what each had found out.

As soon as he and the military officer parted ways, he forgot all about their tryst at the house. In his mind, the information she had given him and the spore scanner, had been acquired at the bar.

A2EoFOe.png
    There was indeed a scientist at the library this time. Cale had no way of knowing it, but they'd already met and she was carrying his baby. She didn't know that fact either.

She told Cale she didn't know about how to acquire a hazmat suit, but she did make a deal with him to construct a couple spore filters. Apparently, she needed a profile of the infectious spores to move her research forward on developing a vaccine to cure the possessed Sims in the area. However, the chemical analyzer she'd been assigned needed to be repaired. Luckily, there was a couple in the lab.

"They're located in a room down the corridor to the left at the bottom of the first staircase beyond the steel door. I'd go there myself, but...well, I'm pregnant. I don't want to risk infecting my baby. I'm sure you'll be alright though."

Cale reluctantly agreed to help her out in exchange for the filters. He thanked her and wished her luck with the baby and left to meet up with Fox.

etb5klz.png
    (Gawd, is it just my imagination or are there more of those spores floating around here now?) Cale wondered as he and Fox prepared to descend the stairs once again after using his keycard to open the secured door at the lab.

gxmpsYS.png
    (Oh no, I feel a little woozy. I hope I'm not infected now, or Fox!)

The wooziness only lasted a few seconds, and thankfully Fox didn't notice or he might've aborted their plan. They descended the stairs and walked over to the corridor opening.

cWYFjvw.png
    "Are you sure it's safe to go down this hallway?"
    "It looks safe to me, no blue mist, no spores floating around."
    "Alright, let's check it out and see if the scientist was being truthful."
    "What reason would she have for lying about it?"
    "Probably none, but one never knows."

Yi6XP6H.png
    At the end of the corridor was a set of large glass doors that led to a very well-equipped lab area.

"There's the chemical analyzers, just like she said. I guess we better get started scanning for spores to analyze. Interesting that Private happened to have one for you to use too."
    "They're probably government issue or something would be guess."

QUQ6uCH.png
    Cale wasn't sure how many they would need for the tests he would do, so they just kept scanning for as many as they could find until their scanners needed to be recharged.

WPyPT06.png
    During this task, Cale got a text that he had been promoted in his job! He's now a PhD of Pollen, Level 10. The top of his field! He got a large raise and a very generous bonus.

Looking at the numbers listed, they don't add up though. Weird. Anyway, Cale called into work and took a vacation day so they could continue the task at hand.

uV7WAta.png
    He got started right away analyzing the spores to do the profile for the scientist he'd met at the library.

7VsrU5s.png
    To his shock and delight, Fox informed him that he had the ability to help him analyze the spores. Apparently Fox had a degree himself in biology. It wasn't for plant biology, but Evolutionary biology, a subfield of biology that studies the evolutionary processes that produced the diversity of life on this planet.

83k3oii.png
    With the two of them working together, they were finished in record time.
    "Thanks so much for your help Fox, I had no idea you had any degrees. I guess I just never thought to ask."
    "You're welcome, glad I could help! Actually I have several degrees acquired in order to study your planet and your kind."
    "Very cool, it makes sense that you would considering all the data that you've gathered. I should've figured that out myself."

They left the lab with Cale going back to the library to try to find the scientist and give her their findings, and Fox went back to the house to take care of the extra spores they had left over.

3CKSIDU.png
    Unfortunately, the original scientist was not there. According to another scientist Cale met (yes, another baby Mama), the one he had met before had gone into labor a couple hours ago. She had taken maternity leave and would not be returning to her job for a long time.

O8860Gv.png
    However, she offered to make the spore filters for Cale and Fox herself in exchange for the profile they had put together. She told him, she'd mail the filters to him in a couple days.

She also had a tip for him on where to find a couple hazmat suits. Apparently, the curio shop owner, Erwin, was the only known supplier in the area. He would be able to get them for him. She warned Cale though that they would be very pricey. He thanked her and said that cost would not be a problem. He had just received a raise and Fox was loaded.

HWA1XBs.png
    (Ha! I knew Erwin seemed like a reliable source! He might be a little odd, but I had a good feeling about him. He's not entirely a loon. More like a very cagey businessman. Wait until Fox finds out, he'll have to eat his words!)

eyyNVFx.png
    A couple days later, a package came in the mail tucked behind the bills. It contained the promised two spore filters.
    (Ohhh Yeahhh!)

Cale ran in the house to ask Fox if he wanted to go visit Erwin with him to see about the hazmat suits. Of course he agreed, he wanted to see for himself if the curio shop owner would come through for them too. He still had his doubts.

x8b6Rr7.png
    "Hi, remember us? I bought a stuffed armadillo from you the other day, you said you liked my face."
    "Oh yes, I remember. Did you come back for the anti-alien mind reading hats? Still on sale, two for one low, low price, 50 bucks!"
    Cale leaned over the counter a little closer to Erwin and in a very low voice asked, "Actually, I heard you might be able to hook us up with a couple hazmat suits."
    "Shhh! Not so loud. come around to the side of the shop and we'll talk."

Erwin closed up shop and met them outside to discuss their needs.

Np29iw5.png
    "Okay, if you've got the cash, I've got a stash. Of course I don't keep them here, they're too valuable. I've been robbed more than once. I'm not surprised, everything I sell is priceless."

hnx6NO7.png
    "I need the money up front though. No checks, and I don't take credit cards, cashola only Dudes. Got it?"
    "Not a problem Erwin, how much?"

tAfo1AO.png
    "1000 smackers a piece, can you handle that?"
    "Oh yeah, but I'll have to get more cash, I didn't expect they'd be that mu-"
    "I did, I have it Erwin. And before you say anything Cale, you can pay me back."
    "You know I'm good for it."
    "Of course."

GeygmFz.png
    "Well alright then, cool beans! Wait right here, I'll be right back. I just live over there in that trailer."

Erwin trotted off to grab the suits and was back within 10 minutes dragging a couple boxes behind him. He opened them both up to show them he was as good as his word. Inside each box was a brand new bright yellow hazmat suit.

"Here you go, as promised!"

ewmZ7I7.png
    "Way to go Erwin! Thank you so much! I had my doubts about you, I won't lie. But you're a really great guy and you know what else? I love your hat, it's cute! Why don't you throw a couple of those in as well."
    "Aww, thanks for saying that. I'll do that. No charge!"

kejHCzX.png
    "I think you're a pretty great guy too... for an alien."
    "What!? How could yo-"
    "Don't worry, I won't rat you out. You're one of the good guys. I've met a few so I know what to look for. You were glowing earlier, might want to work on controlling that if you don't want others to figure it out too."
    (Incredible.)
    "I'll do that, thanks again Erwin."

6pMGaug.png
    "Yes, thank you very much Erwin, you're aces in my book too."
    "You too Cale, and I still like your face. If you need anything else, or need my help with anything, just stop on by and let me know. Who knows, maybe I'll have more armadillos to tempt you with too." Erwin said with a giggle.

Fox and Cale each grabbed a box and called their goodbyes to Erwin, promising to stop in again soon as they left.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my May 10th post above! I'll get started on comments/replies next. I hope everyone had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @afai1261
    HAHA! Sorry for laughing Aaron, but you look SO bored and done with your job already. hehe Oooo, but of course Hunter was there to cheer him up in the best way possible! ;) Yoshi! Oh no, you naughty dog! hehe Love that smile though, it's so freakin' cute!

Congrats to Aaron for completing the Academic aspiration! So cool Adonis and DJ actually graduated with Aaron too! Woo! Look at you Adonis! Gorgeous! Love dem muscles! ;) Okay, don't hate me but I feel like I should know who that tattoo artist is. He looks familiar. My memory is horrible though. And just for the record. HE'S FREAKIN' GORGEOUS! Gimme Gimme Gimme! :D Just kidding of course. But I do think he's a fantastic looking Sim. Did you make him?

Very cool tattoos they both got in celebration! I'll get the bat for Aaron. Always looking for great tattoos for our Sims. :)

Oh I love the segue way you've got going for why Aaron and Hunter go to StrangerVille! Good idea Hunter had taking a photo for Aaron of the pod. Sounds like Hunter had quite the experience on his last gig. SHE showed up, Bonehilda, creepy hands, creepy muttering girl, and then that pod whispering to him. o.O Oh boy, they're going to be so surprised when they find out what's going on there for real. o.O By the way, I like the glasses Aaron is wearing in your avy. He looks great in them! :)

Well hey, that's Cale's 'job.' ;) There is actually a woohoo bush on both sides of that library now. I don't think Sandy saw anything. At least their romance didn't go down or anything. Whew! Kind of liked the zombie line eh? She literally does that though, goes around the neighborhood nightly, talking to all the pods and guffawing to herself. Gah! I love those photos too! Very creepy, but in a good way! ;)

Yep, I knew it was an EL trait, just wasn't sure which one. Yay! I love that Aaron is doing Flower Arranging too! Pfft, 950 is small peanuts compared to what they'll go for once he has a higher skill level. I once sold one for over 20K! And that was without 300% mark-up on a yard sale table. o.O

But of course! It would be tragic having Don without body hair! He NEEDS it! Big burly manly, manly player that he is. Yep! :D

Man, full autonomy sure makes for some surprising moments sometimes. I should use it more, but it's SO frustrating! I will say that Fox has full autonomy probably around 95% or more of the time though. Not many surprises with him though. But he does do a wide variety of things other than just the usual stuff like playing on the computer and drinking water. :D

Liked the shots? Uh, no dear, I LOVED the shots of Cale and Leo! <3 Wahoooo! So happy to hear that Cale, Aster and Leo are all living together now AND they will be married perhaps this month. Fantastic! I had planned on challenge Sims helping Cale in StrangerVille too, but none of them have showed up there yet, plus there's the whole thing about him not remembering any of them. :( Just about 20 babies to go yet. I need to concentrate on that more rather than the mystery.

The bread must not be TOO old, or it would've been very moldy. I'm pretending the lab's only been abandoned for a short while, maybe just a couple weeks? I don't know. I personally still would not eat anything there.

Wellll, if you do have them get married on Mt. Komorebi, they could just throw a big reception/party some time afterward. I had planned that for Josh and Essa when they eloped in the middle of the woods. It never happened though until the last month. By then though it was an anniversary party many, many years later. o.O Opps! Anyway, that's an option. :) Oh and since Hunter isn't the challenge Sim, you could just cheat his climbing skills. ;)

@SoulGal7
    Aww poor Dylan, he's so frustrated with this curse and he's just getting started! He wants Morgan so bad. I feel sorry for those two. It'll make it all the better though later when they actually can kiss, right? ;)

I absolutely loved Dylan's little interlude with the lost Sim. Poor thing. He was being so sweet to her. She didn't even mind the garlic kiss! She's actually really cute too for a Maxis made townie. Or did you make her? Either way, I like her. :)

Whoa! So he did end up kissing Lily. Boy, all these Sims sure have a lot of problems eh? Glad that Lily wasn't offended or angry or anything over it.

HAHA! Oh man, he kissed a robot! Hilarious! Don't you just love the heart eyes they get though? Made me smile when Frank would get those. :)

Uh yeah, I guess news does travel quite fast, er, perhaps slow too? So weird how Ethren called right away, when he'd have no way of really knowing who the heck Dylan was kissing, and then Marcus about Kaori? What!? o.O
    edited May 2022
    Hi All, Comment time! More comments coming later. Hope everyone is having a great day/night. :)

@afai1261 -
    April 30 - Cool lab coat. Is that the one from the game or a cc version. Aaron looks so different now with his glasses. lol What a hilarious face from his first day! Bored out of his mind! lol Oh but Hunter thinks he looks good in (and out) of his labcoat...and celebrate his first day on the job. lol Cool tats that Adonis and Aaron got. I love the whole lead-in on why they are going to Strangerville. Oh yes, Hunter and his para-normal activities led him to Strangerville and he saw that flower and wanted Aaron to identify it. Love that premise. We will probably see him with Cale a lot since they are both in the same line of work. I hope I get to see a glimpse of Dylan in your story. (Of course, since he ran from the mob in Strangerville, yes, they are going to nab him and want to use him for science experiments...but...don't worry...he will be rescued. Looking forward to Aaron and Hunter's adventures in Strangerville. Oh and look what's lurking behind the door waiting for Hunter in Strangerville. lol And congrats on completing the Academic Aspiration! Woot!
    edited May 2022
    Hi All:

I know I am still on uni, but I have been play-testing with another save file the Strangerville Mystery, as I had never done it before. My test subjects are Dylan, Morgan and Wolfgang. This will be Dylan's profile pic. His first everyday outfit is one of the default outfits, with Strangerville hair, and some additional facial hair. It's his disguise. In case, anyone wanted to give him this outfit. I have done all his outfits for him, but am not in game right now. Perhaps, I will post those tonight. Thanks :)

DYLANS-STRANGERVILLE-LOOK.png
    May 9th Comments:

@DramaticJedi5
    Ooo, invisible bowl of chips. The best kind. :joy:

@Karababy52
    Yeah, I tend to do the same with builds I download from the Gallery. I like the outside and a bit of the inside. But mostly the outside. I'll then redecorate the inside with my style.
    "Sometimes you need to be yelled at Cale to get a point across!" :joy: And then kicking something unknown. Yeah, smart. :lol: I think his head is back in his teenager times. Just imagine if Fox wasn't there. Cale probably would be a wandering zombie lost in the lab.

@SoulGal7
    All them ladies. More Dylan and his garlic aftertaste. Is he over halfway through of the kissing curse?

@RememberJoy
    I have to admit I love how you capture Adam's facial expressions perfectly. A lot of them are priceless. :lol: Now he gets to see the giant plant-like alien. Too bad he couldn't turn it into a toaste. :grin:

@Shadami
    Uhh, creepy paparazzi in his underwear (or swimwear) taking pictures. And that sure was a lot of autograph signings. Did Vlad want one too? :joy:

May 10th Comments:

@Karababy52
    I like Kaori in @RememberJoy 's story. Since she is hooked up with Adam there, I figured I'd bring her over to mine. I may end up doing that with Cale as well with Sandy if you don't mind sharing her (or is she already on the Gallery?). Thanks about the transition to the StrangerVille arc. I had fun brainstorming about it. I'm a big fan of custom content clothing, so expect to see a lot of new army/military outfits for the Challenge Sims gang that will take part.
    I always enjoy watching team Cale and Fox. :wink: And Erwin...always reliable and making things expensive to obtain. Guy has to make a living, tho. Those hats probably don't pay the bills. :joy: Kind of Erwin to keep Fox's secret a secret since he knows Fox is one of the good aliens.

@afai1261
    So Hunter liked Aaron in the lab coat AND out of the lab coat. :joy: Yoshi knew exactly what was going on in the shower and was excited to see...or hear it. Oh, and the transition into StrangerVille was fun. I like how Aaron is going to use his botanism to help.
    I appreciate the compliment. I wish more of the careers weren't rabbit-holes. Regular game-play, I go ahead and just send them off. But for story purposes, I like to bring the rabbit-hole careers alive. :smile:

@RememberJoy
    Fun for Kaori to go exploring the lab while on a mission to create an antidote.

@SoulGal7
    Okay, that was just too funny. Dylan's curse even works on female robots. Ha, ha, ha! :joy: I can't stop laughing! And poor Marcus isn't up with the times.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited May 2022
    Hi All. Comment time again. Have a great day/night everyone!

Here are the other 1st outfits for Dylan for Strangervlle. He has others, but these are just the first slot.
    Everyday/Everyday Military uniform/Formal/Athletic/Party/Hot Weather (He has short hair for the military and athletic)

strangerville-outfits-dylan-part-1.png

Sleepwear/Swimwear/Cold Weather

dylan-strangerville-outfits-part-2.png

This is his short hair, from the uni pack. Color is reddish-brown.

THE-SHORT-HAIR-FROM-UNI-PACK.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

@LegacySims2017 -
    April 25 - DJ hard at work in his daily pic. Could I hire him to come over and clean my house? lol

April 26 - And Adam met Kaori in your game, and he suggests that DJ double date with Caitlin. That's nice. Adam has a really nice yoga room in his house and they do some yoga together. At work, DJ is gung-ho about getting some of his books published, and so he starts a book on his uni life. Yeah, don't let it interfere with your work, because that doesn't sound like they would like that too much.

Whenever I can, I have DJ start writing a book in my story...when he isn't breaking all the laptaps, that is. lol

April 27 - When I read your title, I was thinking "The Draft" of the book, not being drafted in the military! Holy Smoley! Both Adam and DJ have been drafted! And, of course it's to Strangerville! Yep, DJ's in the army now. He didn't have to worry about getting his own place since it'll be like uni again...sleeping in the barracks with a bunch of "army" sims. lol
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    May 11th: A dangerous experiment

pwRU0qg.png
    The next morning I got up and looked around to see if Kaydence or Aleah were wandering around possessed, but they were no where to be seen. I guess we wait then.
    lX3OaN1.png
    We did our morning yoga together and Carol asked if I'd give her some pointers in magic, which I happily agreed to do.
    UcfdIj2.png
    A little while later, Kaori wandered past us holding one of those bizarre looking fruits.
    fLbDmjv.png
    She set it down on the picnic table, sat down, and seemed to examine it with a deep interest. I told Carol to keep practicing on her own, and went and sat down next to her.
    gDgdbcC.png
    "Penny for you thoughts?" I asked with a chuckle. "You're not thinking of eating that thing are you?" I said it in jest, but Kaori looked at me seriously.
    nT0JvJl.png
    "Maybe I am," she said looking back at the fruit.
    I just stared at her speechless
    "We need a test subject for our experimental vaccine," she said without looking at me, "and who knows when or even if we'll see your two friends in a possessed state again. If I eat it now, you can splash me with the antidote and we could find out if it works!"
    wZbuwTN.png
    "No way Kaori!" I said angrily, "That's way too risky! Besides, if it doesn't work who's going to make more antidotes if you're still in a possessed state!"
    KxuWoN7.png
    "I'm almost sure it will work though, Adam!" she argued back. "If it doesn't work, I'll write down what changes I think it needs, and you can go make some more."
    bDLGEZM.png
    Before I could argue further, Kaori jumped up, grabbed the fruit, and stuffed it in her mouth.
    ZFJil6x.png
    "Kaori!" I yelled angrily as she choked and bent over, "What have you done!"
    pkgvYZ8.png
    "Mom?" Carol cried running over, "what's happening?"
    "She just ate on of the fruits," I growled. "She's going into a possessed state."
    "Why would she do that!" Carol wailed, watching Kaori slowly stand up straight, a big grin plastered across her face.
    efMKg3a.png
    "She wants me to test the antidote on her," I said, picking up the jar she'd set on the table before eating the fruit. I removed the lid and splashed it into her face.
    ym4IB1H.png
    To my horror, she barely reacted to the vaccine at all, wiping the liquid off her face and smiling at me with those wide empty eyes.
    fr9hZcU.png
    I sat down in disgust, "I knew this was going to happen," I mumbled to myself angrily.
    Carol waved her hand in front of Kaori's eyes, "Mom," she asked hesitantly, "are you in there?"
    r0x4zgT.png
    Kaori just responded with something about the Mother, and Carol looked over at me deeply concerned. "Should I slap her?" she asked nervously.
    qQ1hX8p.png
    "If you don't I will," I said, feeling a little bitter about the whole situation.
    RbZe09h.png
    Carol tried, but Kaori was too strong and was able to stop her.
    RP6Q8zG.png
    I got up and pulled Kaori away from Carol, "Why'd you do it?" I asked sadly, but she just stared right through me.
    ibbJ9OC.png
    I slapped her awake and she shook herself and came too.
    P5Vwte9.png
    "Did it work?" she asked groggily.
    I just gave her a look and went and sat down at the picnic table. She came and joined me, looking apologetic. "It didn't work at all?" she asked.
    Bl7kCnX.png
    "No," I said, not looking at her.
    "Are you mad at me?" she asked, placing her hand on my arm. "I know it was a rash decision, but I still stand by it."
    I turned back to her, amazed at her confidence, "You're now one of the possessed," I said angrily, "you scared both me and your daughter, and yet you still stand by your decision!?"
    3hozTG5.png
    "Adam," she said earnestly, "We needed a test subject that we can keep a close eye on. We now know that the current vaccine is ineffective and still have time today to go try a new batch! If we were dependent on the others, we'd still be waiting around."
    ehSeXah.png
    "Now I know where Carol gets her impulsiveness from," I said, shaking my head.
    "And you love me for it," she said kissing me on the cheek. "Now I need to go over my equations and find a new ratio for the next vaccine."
    She jumped up and ran over to the tent leaving me sitting at the table wondering if my life would ever have a semblance of normalcy.

An hour later I was back at the lab, Kaori's notes in hand.
    yjWfX56.png
    I scanned around and found some more spore clusters before returning to the upper lab to try my hand at using the chemical analyzer. I took a fresh swab from a little drawer, stuck it into the fruit, and swirled it into a vile of liquid.
    hgqUjA0.png
    I stuck that in the machine and punched in the numbers Kaori and written down. When it was done, I added the spores and placed a drop of the mixture into the analyzer.
    K8o6dJK.png
    It whirled and out came a jar of antidote.
    I guess that wasn't so hard.
    I made another one just in case, and packed up and returned home.

By now it was late, and the girls were already asleep, so I drank one of my plentiful needs potions, and waited.
    JL1PCEv.png
    I needed to apply the antidote to Kaori while she was in the possessed state, which going by Kaydence and the others, could happen at any time.
    Sure enough, around 1am, Kaori slipped out of the tent and contorted into a possessed state.
    9nGEogO.png
    I jumped up and was about to splash her with my antidote when she reached out and grabbed my wrist, stopping me.
    z2kLV0E.png
    Wow she was strong!
    With a laugh she let go and took off running, head flopping behind her.
    yxtSfwP.png
    I was so shocked that I didn't start chasing after her until she'd already disappeared around the corner.
    When I got to the street, she was nowhere to be seen, so I jogged around looking in every direction frantically. When I reached the street by the library, I saw another familiar face lurching towards me, Aleah!
    Well, I guess now is as good a time as any to test my vaccine, good thing I made two.
    I splashed it in her face and held my breath, but she just stared at me with big eyes and seemed unaffected.
    KQF6BzW.png
    Dang it!
    I ran off, calling Kaori's name now, even though I knew she wouldn't answer.
    Uqmve83.png
    I saw a possessed sim up ahead and jogged after her, but it was just a random townie. Desperate to see whether the new formula was a complete dud, I went against my earlier statement and splashed it in her face without prior permission.
    rqdwqVv.png
    Her eyes seemed to flicker back to normal for a second, but then her grin and wide eyes returned and she continued lurching on her way.
    I slowly made my way home, eyes peeled for Kaori, and finally found her just outside our camping spot planting something.
    2TGmG4G.png
    "Kaori?" I asked hesitantly, and she stood up and looked at me with her wide eyes, "This is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you," I said stepping up and giving her a good slap.
    DXz4ocl.png
    Her eyes cleared but her shoulders drooped when she realized what had happened.
    "Were you able to follow my notes?" she asked, and I nodded. "It didn't work than?"
    5ulgMhk.png
    "You ran off before I could try it on you," I said, feeling tired despite the potion. "But I was able to try it out on Aleah and a random sim." She gave me a look, "I was desperate," I shrugged. "It only seemed to work for a moment on the second sim, and didn't work at all on Aleah."
    iRmCZtF.png
    Kaori sighed, "I'll look through my notes and adjust things slightly," she said wrapping me into a hug. "I'm sorry for all the stress I've caused you, will you forgive me?"
    IlfHGPY.png
    "Of course," I said, holding her close "I can't stay mad at you for long." I pulled back and kissed her, "You're just too dang lovable even when you are driving me crazy"
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-apr28.jpg
    April 28: Leave of Absence!

Special Appearance By: Adam Strong ( @RememberJoy )
    D.J. had recently started his new job and career in writing and now he is being pulled away from it because of some government mandate summoning Sims for some urgent threat. There was nothing in the news about anything. However, it was in the news now that Sims all over were being drafted. Protests are seen on the television. Officials were not making any comments. Sims were wanting to know why they were being drafted.

dj-04-181.jpg

It was a Friday and D.J. didn't have work. However, he went in to speak with Olivia. D.J. approaches his boss and shows her his draft letter.

"Quite a few employees of Walrus Books received a similar letter." Olivia states. "Because this is a government related issue, your employment here is safe. Hopefully whatever they need you for isn't for a long period of time. For any of the workers here. We'll have enough staff to run Walrus Books, but it'll be tight."

dj-04-182.jpg

After saying farewell and turning in his latest work assignments to his boss for another co-worker to finish, D.J. seeks out Misael. Olivia told D.J. that Misael was the one in charge of publishing work and if D.J. had a book he wanted to have Walrus Books to publish, he would need to speak with Misael.

Finding Misael at his desk, D.J. lets him know of his situation. Misael lets D.J. know that he is one of the fortunate ones who did not get a letter from the Sims Nations government. D.J. gives a copy of his rough draft about his life at Britechester University. He shares with Misael that he talked to Olivia and she said to bring this up with him. Misael sits down on the nearby couch in his office and glances it over. Soon he stands up.

dj-04-183.jpg

"This is an interesting story of your life at the University. It's more on the level of a Biography. But with what you told me about you writing earlier books about your life, I think we can make this happen." Misael happily says to D.J. as he gives him a firm handshake. "Also, give me the information about your other books and we'll see if we can run a series with them."

dj-04-184.jpg

Side Note:
    I'm not going to have D.J. rewrite all his other books, but for story purposes it will look as if Walrus Books will publish all of his previous books and now his new one. D.J. has a copy of all his books in his personal inventory.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited May 2022
    Hi All! Sorry I keep breaking up the comments, but this should be the last of them. :) All caught up, for now :) Won't be posting an up-date today, as I was at work at 4am this morning, and my brain is mush right now. So, taking a night off and just watching some tv. Have a good one everyone.

@Karababy52 -
    May 8

May 9 - It looks like they stumbled on some of Cale's baby mamas at the library. hehe Nice that Fox didn't take Cherish's key card to add to her worries that she already had. No worries, though, Cale gets a key card from Molly. Does she not know he's the father of her baby? Sheesh! Everyone's mind is zapped! lol The build you used is really great. I love those shelves all lined up with items. It does look like a lab. The library definitely needs help in Strangerville. I will probably start looking at some builds this weekend.

May 9 - Beautiful cover photo. Love it. And they head to the lab again and use the key card...and...uh oh...let out some spores into the air. That can't be a good thing. And when they explore some more, they come across a tunnel filled with blue smoke. Cale almost heads down there until Fox talks some sense into him. Geez! Outside they see that the plants have grown in size and that the sky has changed color. Oh...this can only get worst. At least Cale was thinking that they would need a hazmat suit to get through that tunnel to see what was down there. And it's off to see Erwin again.

May 10 - So, the scientists don't have hazmat suits, but think that Erwin does. Of course he does! And they want Cale to collect some spores and analyze them in the lab. Gee, what are those things on the floor? I am kind of worried about Cale when he goes to the lab and feels woozy all the time. And Cale finds out that Fox also has a Biology degree to help with the analysis. And congrats for getting a promotion and reaching level 10 of the career! Woot! And in exchange for the sport clusters, they get a spore filter. And Erwin indeed has some hazmat suits...expensive! But, Fox comes to the rescue and buys two of them. And Cale then wants to buy those "special" hats, but Erwin throws them in for free, and also knows that Fox is an alien because he saw him glowing earlier. Oh gee! But all ends well, and Fox and Cale head off. Yes! They now have those suits and can explore more.

@RememberJoy -
    May 8 - Great that Adam got a hazmat suit and a spore filter. And nice that he finished his violin piece.

May 9 - Oh geez, and now Adam is going to head down to explore in that lab. And what greets him at the lower level is not a good thing! Oh my gosh! It's this HUGE plant...with feelers or something. I don't blame Adam for "letting go". And don't blame him one bit for hightailing it out of there. That is pretty scary. And the cloud just turned another color, purple now...and Adam tells Kaori what he saw. And poor Carol come out and sees that cloud, but Adam now comforts her.

May 10 - So, the military has developed an experimental vaccine, but apparently it doesn't work. Like how Adam has to slap a few scientists around to chat with them. lol So, then after much conversation and revelations, Kaori dons the hazmat suit and collects some spore clusters and tries to experiment. She might have found a cure, but they need victims...um...I mean...test subjects. And who other than those infected scientists? Right. And Kaori did get a look at the "mother" plant just so she knew what she might be dealing with. Yes, scary.

May 11 - And Kaori gets it in her head to become the test subject and eats the alien fruit. Oh geez. And the vaccine doesn't work. Oh my gosh! Kaori looks at her calculations and makes some changes and then Adam goes and makes some more vaccine, only to find out that these don't work either. Oh no! I didn't know it would be so hard to get a vaccine to work. This is horrible!

@Shadami -
    Okay! That is a creepy shot of that paparazzi taking that photo of Velma in the pool. Lots of great shots of the challenge sims. And is Jade Rosa preggers? Also, I have never gotten that notice in game. Does that mean that Akira "peed" himself to death?

@DramaticJedi5 -
    Krista is doing so well in Mt. Komorebi. I added her to Mt. Komorebi in my game. (Some items were removed, so just gave her another formal outfit.) My challenge sim, Dylan, maxed his piano skill there and wrote some songs. So, yes, it was good. And...look at that, a first plant on her plot of land! Woot! She is on her way.

@LegacySims2017 -
    April 28 - Cool that DJ won't lose his job because of the draft. And, oh, my gosh, it's a nationwide draft that's happening. Glad that Misael liked his book about uni life and will publish it, along with his other books. Very cool for DJ.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    May 11

iU4BXVm.jpg
    So. Hi there everyone :) I've been very busy and then also just dealing with some personal stuff, but I miss playing Robin. I logged in for the first time in ages today and FINALLY got Robin through one term of uni. I quickly realized that speeding through the rest of uni was going to be tedious and not a great way to get engaged back in my game again, especially since slogging through school work reminds me too much of my real life right now haha. So I'm gonna put the rest of uni on hold for Robin right now and cycle back to that later when I'm doing another world - she can finish the aspiration and degree at a later point.

So I'm just gonna try to jump right in with Strangerville. The story is going to be that her brother Riley has joined the military and now with strange things beginning to happen in Strangerville, Robin and her family are worried about Riley and his safety, so Robin has gone to investigate and make sure that Riley is okay, so for now she's decided to put her education on hold and re-enroll later after she's sure Riley is okay.

I still have some set up I need to get done to execute this story, but for now, I gave Robin a new everyday outfit and moved her to Strangerville, so I'm hoping to get back into the groove of things! My plan is to play Strangerville through the rest of this month and possibly next month too, since I don't have Del Sol Valley. Next month will be especially busy for me too since I have my surgical rotation, so it will be nice to give myself some extra time to play this world and perhaps even cycle back and finish uni for Robin.

Also I apologize, but I have no idea what's going on in any of your stories, and I don't know when I'm gonna be able to catch up :( But I will do my best to at least start reading your posts and filling in the blanks where I can!
    May - Day 11: "It's the unexpected that changes our lives..."

5jF4Ouf.png

Notes
    GzxkdVd.png
    The next morning Cale was standing in the kitchen gobbling down a plate of blackened bass he'd just made, when Fox wandered in to have a chat with him.
    "Fish? For breakfast?"
    "Sure, why not?"
    "No reason, just unexpected."
    "Eh, there wasn't anything else I wanted, I hate cereal so..." He trailed off and shrugged.

KL9pWc5.png
    "So, listen, what do you say we take today off? Just relax and give ourselves a break?"
    "You don't want to go back to the lab today? Aren't you curious what's down there? I don't know about you, but I am. Now that we have those suits, there's nothing stopping us."

Mm6Nwbh.png
    "I know, but...well, I know you don't think I saw you almost faint when we opened that door again, but I did. I'm a little worried about you Buddy."
    "I'm fine, honest!"
    "I believe you, but indulge me okay? I care about you Cale and I just think we should cool it, just for today. That's all."
    "You think I might turn into a zombie don't you?"
    "I won't lie, the thought crossed my mind."
    "Alright, I don't think so, but one day's delay won't hurt anything. If I don't start jerking around with buggy eyes and blathering about this 'Mother' tonight, we'll go tomorrow. Sound good?"
    "Perfect. Thanks for listening to me Cale."
    "It's cool."

Fox smiled, lightly clapping Cale on the back and left the kitchen to go play some video games. Cale headed out to the greenhouse to tend to his garden and maybe do a little flower arranging while he waited for a text from his boss with his daily task. Would today finally be the day he would actually go there and meet his co-workers?

HrWb875.png
    While watering his roses, he looked up and saw a girl obviously infected and ran over to try to talk to her. Of course he couldn't get her to make any sense, so he sadly realized he'd need to slap her to break the spell.

H6GQYIv.png
    "Wake up Sweetie! Come on, snap out of it!"

MTuhaZT.png
    Happily, it worked. She thanked him for ending her misery for a little while and then smiled at him. That's all it took for the alien influence to kick in. I'm sure you know what happened next. In fact, it happened with four total girls walking by their house before Cale got a text from his boss.

pCaU1at.png
    His boss wanted him to write a scientific paper on the profile he'd done about the bizarre plants. Apparently, unbeknownst to Cale until now, the scientist he had given it to was a co-worker! If his boss felt the paper was worthy, there was a very good chance it could be published in a prestigious magazine.
    (I'm not the only one that worked on that profile. I'm putting Fox's name on it too. He deserves the credit!)

CG7wxVD.png
    "Hey, I'm going down to grab a snack, do you want anything? What are you doing? Still working today? I thought you might take the day off."

CRAE4im.png
    "Yeah. Everything they've given me to do so far has been so easy, I didn't think I'd need to take the day off. But, my boss asked me to write a paper about the profile we did on the bizarre plants. It might get published! I couldn't turn that down."

FQXfUS8.png
    "I'm putting your name on it too Buddy. You helped, you deserve the recognition."
    "You don't have to do that Cale, but it's very sweet of you to consider doing it."
    "I know, but I want to. It wouldn't feel right to me to take all the credit. No glory in that when I didn't do it all myself, you know?"
    "I get it. Thanks Buddy! Alright, I'm going for that snack then take a nap."
    "I might do that myself after this paper is finished. Sweet dreams!"

Cale finished the paper and realized he'd been so focused on writing, he'd skipped dinner. He thought about a nap, but he wasn't really tired. What he really wanted besides food, was a shower. He felt grubby and...sticky which seemed odd since he really hadn't done anything all that strenuous today. Perhaps it was the late Spring humidity. It was almost Summer afterall. He grabbed some clothes and headed downstairs to grab a meal and clean-up.

Fresh from the shower, Cale was headed back upstairs when he glanced out a window to the backyard and saw something glowing near the porch steps.
    (What is that? Fireflies?)

TjjbTIC.png
    Cale turned around and went back downstairs to head outside and take a look.
    (Ooo, beautiful! I've never seen fireflies like that before.)
    (What's that humming sound?)

cCkJgDl.png
    Suddenly a beam of light flashed down from above and bathed Cale in a blinding white glow.
    (What the hell?)

kXuMuQ3.png
    Cale looked up and couldn't believe his eyes, an alien ship was hovering above the house streaming the beam of light directly on him. He could feel a pulling sensation as if it intended to suck him upwards to them.

IhuC8G0.png
    And of course, that's exactly what happened. Cale was so stunned at first, he was speechless as he floated slowly up in the air.

exBnE0P.png
    (What's happening? Why are they abducting me? Wait, is it because my best friend is an alien? What do they want with me?)
    (They'll probably probe you.)
    (NOOOOOO!)

mfEMVhm.png
    "FOXXXXX! FOXXXX! HELP ME! I'M BEING ABDUCTED BY YOUR FRIENDS!"
    (You don't that he knows them, they could be any kind of aliens.)
    "ALIENS! HELLLLLLLLP! FOXXXXXX!"

y5x2fH1.png
    (Oh man, he's sleeping, he can't hear me! They're going to take me and he'll never know where I went.)
    (Keep screaming for him, maybe he'll wake up?)

bLSPXZD.png
    "AHHHHHHH! FOXXXX! FOXXXX! HELP ME! HELP! HELP! HELP! TELL THEM TO LET ME GOOOOOOOOO! FOXXXXXXXXXXX!"

DFSRPTW.png
    But it was no use, Cale's screams were useless. He was pulled into the ship and immediately fell unconscious.

Q2gDolp.png
    The alien ship's beam retracted and in flash, it disappeared into the blackness of space.

XLg6aos.png
    The strange dancing lights shimmered and glowed for a moment before they too faded and disappeared. There was no evidence left behind what had happened to Cale.

un7kGVM.png
    Fox slept through the entire abduction, totally oblivious that some of his kind had just taken his friend away. Would Cale ever return? And if he does...will he be carrying a little alien bun in the oven? o.O

I'll get started on comments/replies next! I hope y'all are having a great day/night! <3
    @SoulGal7
    Whoa! Look at Dylan! He looks even hotter! Fantastic outfits for him. Can't wait to see how your experience with him goes in StrangerVille. Good idea checking out the pack before you play officially with him. If I remember right, permanent did that too when she got the pack. :)

Yeah, it's a small world so I'm not surprised they ran into some of Cale's baby Mamas. hehe And no, Cale wipes their memory of him afterward and his memory gets wiped as well. The aliens programmed him that way. The only girl he remembers ever being with is the one that was already pregnant with his child when he had a tryst with her because, well, she was already pregnant so there was no trigger for the alien programming to wipe their memories.

I'm confused. Do you think that I downloaded a new secret lab to use too? I didn't. That's not possible. You can't modify the lab at all. Unless there is a mod to do that. I haven't looked for one. However, I did download that library from lilsimsie and modified it. :)

I'm so glad Fox went to the lab with Cale, otherwise, yes, he probably would've just ran right into that blue mist and became infected. No worries though if he had, getting infected that way would've only been temporary anyway.

I don't know why Cale keeps getting woozy whenever they go to the lab. I've never had a Sim act like that before. It's a little concerning. o.O Anyway, yes, they now have a couple hazmat suits from Erwin. Actually only Cale bought one, I cheated to get Fox one from debug along with a spore filter and scanner for him. :) Oh, and it wasn't Cale that wanted the anti-alien hats, it was Fox! :) Yep, Erwin figured out Fox is an alien. But even though he's normally very paranoid and scared of aliens, he knows by his actions Fox is one of the good guys. :)

@LegacySims2017
    I figured I couldn't be the only one that did that. :) Yes, you're exactly right. In my head canon for him, he will sometimes act like a teenager. I wouldn't doubt for a second if Fox hadn't been there Cale might've ran straight into that blue mist. o.O

Oh cool! Yes, Sandy is already on the Gallery, she's not my Sim, I just tweaked some of her outfits and make-up. She's called Hot Girl Alessandra by LilRedRidingSim on the Gallery. Very cool about using the CC clothing. I have a very minimal amount in my game. That's on purpose though. I know if I ever got started downloading CC outfits, I wouldn't be able to stop myself. :D

Love your latest update with DJ and Adam watching the news for info. about what's going on in StrangerVille. Of course there isn't anything except protests for all the drafted Sims. Nobody knows what's really going on. Or if they do, they're not talking. Great news his books will most likely be published and as a series with his high school books too! Congrats for that DJ! Excited for your experience in StrangerVille, should be loads of fun! :)

@permanentrose
    Good idea just putting Uni on hold until possibly next month. No sense in stressing yourself out when you already have so much on your plate and sounds like more coming up. I like the story you've come up with to segue into StrangerVille for Robin. She looks great in her new outfit strolling on the outskirts of town with Pepper. No worries about comments, whenever you have time to catch up is cool and even if you never can, that's fine too. :) Excited to see how Robin does in StrangerVille. Loved your story for that with Jules last year so I know you'll do a fantastic job with it. :)
    *Everyone - Question for you! With Cale doing the male version of the 100 Baby Challenge, his world is rapidly filling up due to all the babies/toddlers. He still needs around 20 or so babies. Right now Sims in my favorites safe from culling is at 186. The limit I have set is 200. I know I could just set it to unlimited. However, I really don't want to do that. I've read in other threads that by doing that, the save could severely lag and possibly become unplayable. I've already personally culled all the Sims I can that I don't care about or won't be needed for later months.

Here's what I'm thinking about doing to help make more room for the final babies he needs to finish the challenge. I would delete all the Moms in a household except one and she'd be in charge of 7 babies. I already have a photo of all his Baby Mamas so we'd still be able to see them to compare genetics. I don't think they'd still be in his family timeline though. The babies obviously would be there, they are the most important. But most of the Moms (mostly the NPCs) would be gone. Is that horrible of me to do?

Another option would be to do a save as of the challenge save so everything as it is now would stay intact. In the new save, I would remove ALL the baby Mamas and their babies and just start counting from there in the new save. However, the total 100 babies would not be in one save file or listed as siblings if I did that. I'm torn as to what I should do. I'm leaning toward the first option, but would like your opinion. Also, if you have any other ideas on how to solve my dilemma, I would love to hear them!

Perhaps I'm being a worrywart over nothing and even though the limit says 200, it won't cull my Sims if I go over that. But I would be so sad if the game started culling the babies/toddlers if it is indeed true. I'm guessing it would start with all the Sims I do not have as my favorite households at the moment. But even then, there are some in there I would be sad if they did get culled, I just had to do something to lower the number in my favorites. Ugh! I hope all this makes sense and is understandable. My apologies if my rambling has you scratching your head in confusion. :D Thanks for listening! <3
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    *Everyone - Question for you! .....

For story purposes, it is very hard. For gameplay purposes it can be easily manageable. Is Cale really going to interact with all his children? Something to consider, and I really hate saying it, is to murder your Sims. Kill them off yourself. Have the Grim Reaper come and give Cale an urn. He can release the spirit. Not sure how that effects the Genealogy. Maybe it's something to do a Save As and test with. Then you can do that with all the mama's and then also age up his children you don't want to keep for story purposes and kill them off too. And hopefully they'll stay listed as his children and their mama's too?!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited May 2022
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-apr29.jpg
    April 29: Newcrest Nightclub!

Special Appearances By: Velma Pagan ( @Shadami ), Robin Keyes ( @permanentrose )
    D.J. has planned a special evening with Paige. It is now the day before he leaves for the StrangerVille National Base and become part of the Sims National Army. He had texted her to dress for a fancy nightclub outing.

Meeting Paige outside the nightclub, D.J. holds her hands.

"This is disappointing I have to leave for who knows how long. I still don't understand why I am going to where I am going. I wish you could come with me." D.J. says to Paige.
    "I know. I am going to miss you. If and when you're allowed, be sure to text me when you can."
    "Oh, I promise."

Robin Keyes happened upon D.J. and Paige. She notices the two holding hands and her eyes get wide.

"Do it on one knee, man!" Robin shouts.

dj-04-185.jpg

This startles both D.J. and Paige. They turn to her.

"What?" D.J. asks Robin.
    "Oh, I thought you were proposing to her." Robin replies embarrassed.

Soon, D.J., Paige, and Robin were embarrassed and blushing.

"No, no. I asked Paige out as this is my last day before off to the military. I heard that this will be the hottest spot tonight." D.J. says.
    "I figured it was you or her leaving." Robin replies. "I guessed you were going to propose and do the romantic wedding when the other returned home. I'm sorry."
    "Nothing to be sorry about. I do love this pretty lady. Maybe one day we will get married." D.J. looks over at Robin. "Did you get enlisted?"
    "Oh, no. Not me. But I do have friends that have been. Some of our dormmates even. Aaron received his draft notice. I think Cale did, too."
    "It will be like a University reunion." D.J. chuckles.
    "Something like that."

dj-04-186.jpg

Robin excuses herself and makes her way inside the nightclub. D.J. plants a kiss on Paige's cheek, holds her hand and leads her into the nightclub as well.

dj-04-187.jpg

D.J. and Paige find a table to sit and talk together. He compliments her how beautiful she looks tonight. She reciprocates with how handsome he looks in a sleeveless shirt. He then goes on to tell her about how one of the publishers at Walrus Books is going to not only publish his latest book about his life at Britechester University, but also all the ones he wrote in high school.

dj-04-188.jpg

"Let's go get a drink!" D.J. says.

As D.J. and Paige get up from their chairs, he pulls her in close and gives her a suave kiss on the hand.

dj-04-189.jpg

The two head over to the very crowded bar. Robin was there and he also saw Velma Pagan. It soon became a small world for D.J. Of course, he knew he met the two ladies at Adam's yoga and meditation club. Paige ordered the drinks. D.J. says his greetings to Velma waiting for the drinks.

dj-04-190.jpg

D.J. and Paige move to a quieter area of the bar. He has a deep conversation with her about why the military is all of a sudden drafting a bunch of Sims. He shares he thinks something big must be going down or is going to happen.

dj-04-191.jpg

D.J. makes a toast that no matter what happens, he'll come back to her.

dj-04-192.jpg
    dj-04-193.jpg

At the end of the night, D.J. and Paige end their date outside. Reminding her again that he is going to miss her, he grabs her by the waist and dips her giving her a passionate kiss.

dj-04-194.jpg
    dj-04-195.jpg

Side Notes:
    • I downloaded the nightclub from the Gallery under the title Newcrest Nightclub for any of those who wish to have it in their gameplay.
    • I was laughing as I had D.J. and Paige do some romantic interactions before entering the nightclub. Robin walked into the scene autonomously and had a surprised look in her face when she looked at D.J. and Paige. I had to create something with that.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    May 11th Comments:

@SoulGal7
    I like Dylan's new StrangerVille look. Put a pirate hat on him and he'll be a Jack Sparrow look-a-like! :joy: For my StrangerVille arc, I think I am going to stick with Dylan's first teenager look. That or his second with the white-to-silverish hair color. Do you prefer one over the other for Dylan's look?
    I can't wait for Dylan to finish this 100 Bae Challenge. I want to see if he really will end up with Morgan. I have future plans for Dylan in my story arc and am excited to have him enter the scene in my StrangerVille arc. D.J. loves writing books I bet in your gameplay/storyline. Now he just needs to stop breaking all the laptops. :lol:

@RememberJoy
    Dang! Kaori is gutsy. I get her reasoning, but she really didn't think about her family first. Luckily Adam has a kind heart in the end. He'll be more happy when she can come up with a true antidote that works.

@permanentrose
    Oh, I like your plot for StrangerVille. Sounds fun. I had a blast playing with Robin in my Discover University arc. That has ended now. Will be taking a break from playing her for a month. She won't be in my StrangerVille arc. Of course, she'll be playing a big role when it comes to the Sulani month. Excited for that and to see D.J. as a mermaid. :lol:

@Karababy52
    Oh, man! Cale gets abducted again!? Just curious if it was a fluke and you're running with it or if you behind-the-scenes cheated it to happen? :lol: Anyway, I can't wait to find out if Eros is up to something or if we're going to see a new alien family.
    Yay, I'll download Allesandra (Sandy). I bet Cale will be happy in my game then. :grin: You should see my Mods folder. Very little actual mods, and a ton of custom content. I've noticed in my gameplay that some are broken. I need to go through my folder and figure out which ones they are to remove them. I like organization, so much of my custom content is in different labeled folders.

I'm excited about doing the StrangerVille mystery a second time. Maybe I'll see different things than I did the first time around as I put a different spin on it from my first storyline with it.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-apr30.jpg
    April 30: Onward to StrangerVille!

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. D.J. is now heading off to StrangerVille.

End-of-Month Update:
    Personality Traits: Active, Adventurous, Loves Outdoors
    Aspiration Traits: Business Savvy, Collector, Gregarious, High Metabolism, Home Turf, Muser, Quick Learner
    Reward Traits: Always Welcome, Beloved, Creative Visionary, Emotional Control, Expert Mountaineer, Good Manners, Higher Education, Master Mixer, Natural Leader, Responsible, Slinger of Spells, Speed Reader, Survival Instinct, Worldly Knowledge
    Likes: Music (Japanese Folk Music, Summer Strut Music), Hobbies & Skills (Fitness, Photography, Research & Debate, Rock Climbing, Fishing, Gardening, Skiing, Video Gaming, Wellness, Writing)
    Dislikes: Color (Yellow)

ASPIRATIONS
    aspiration_chart_042322.jpg
    January 15 - Mt. Komorebi Sightseer
    January 22 - Extreme Sports Enthusiast
    February 18 - Leader of the Pack
    March 12 - Spellcraft & Sorcery
    March 13 - Purveyor of Potions
    April 08 - Friend of the World
    April 23 - Academic

SKILLS
    dj-apr-skill.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited May 2022
    SoulGal7 wrote: »

@Shadami -
    Okay! That is a creepy shot of that paparazzi taking that photo of Velma in the pool. Lots of great shots of the challenge sims. And is Jade Rosa preggers? Also, I have never gotten that notice in game. Does that mean that Akira "peed" himself to death?

Ahahaha xD
    I'm pretty positive he froze to death because it's a frozen reference with let it go.

I think she was yeah. I lose track of all the pregnant background sims

For those that read my last update
    so sorry about the no text. I should have at least mentioned that the bar trip included a fan meet and greet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top