Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened to Get Together parties?

My sims never get invited to parties at the bluffs/ruins etc any more. I just get neighborhood stories spam, even though its disabled.

Is it just me?
Awake.
Shake dreams from your hair
My pretty child, my sweet one.
Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
The day's divinity....
The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Same here! I never get invited to those anymore.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I get invited all the time.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I think they changed it so that now you get invites if you have certain affiliation to parties, like if you are in Partihouse club or have high dance skill, or like dancing, etc.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    @crocobaura That makes sense. Guess I better take some sims out dancing!
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    It got nerfed from people complaining. I don't know if you now need to have to have a certain skill or something as crocobaura mentioned but I haven't been invited to a party in a looooooooooooooooong time lol.
    I use to love those parties 🥺
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    It got nerfed from people complaining. I don't know if you now need to have to have a certain skill or something as crocobaura mentioned but I haven't been invited to a party in a looooooooooooooooong time lol.

Get your sim dancing and they will receive those calls in no time. :)
  • BryancattipsBryancattips Posts: 8 New Member
    i get invites pretty regular - get a call from a sim - heard a thing was happening. lets check it out... usually when i am in the middle of things. i collected a group, once there, and did a group dance. yay.

no zombies needed we are the zombies pushing the buttons...
    i'd like mean to have more initial actions than mean intro. like really get into pushing a sims buttons before introducing yourself to them.

i'd wonder how many sims yours knows - i find i get more invites the more my sim gets out...

so when starting out trying to survive the first few days you have not met many sims. not many invites. after you collect say- friend of the world asperation - i get bombed with invites.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Get your sim dancing and they will receive those calls in no time. :)

Yeah, throw a few parties and you get party invites.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    I think if your sim is in a club they're more likely to be invited to things

but also actually idk if the invites were bluffs or ruins ive had some trillion of bar invites so i tend to just not pick up the phone anymore :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I receive the invites.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    I've been invited out by club members, so they're not gone. Probably just as everyone else says, it's likely tied to certain requirements.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    Now that you bring it up, I don't recall getting an invite to parties at the bluffs recently. I haven't gotten a call from a friend to attend one of the festivals, the concert or circus or whatever it was. I haven't gotten any of those in quite some time. Plenty of those 'Should I' calls though.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think they changed it so that now you get invites if you have certain affiliation to parties, like if you are in Partihouse club or have high dance skill, or like dancing, etc.

I'm about to put that theory to the test here over the next couple of days. I have a sim who's about to reach level 3, so we'll see what happens when she does. Makes sense in a way. Or I wonder if there might be some sort of flag for sims who like to travel to certain lot types. That same sim of mine loves going out to lounges and bars with friends so maybe those calls will happen again soon.

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    I thought they were just nerfed for no reason, I still get them but I play a lot of saves for an extended amount of time and I've probably only had 4 invites in several months real-time meh.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited May 2022
    I never did get the invites too often, but like someone else mentioned it’s usually while I’m doing something else. I wish we could set a time to go. I usually get the one for the ruins these days.
    edited May 2022
    I have been increasing the amount of dancing and going out, but no joy getting a party invite yet. Guess my game is going to be party world to see if I can trigger it this weekend

I do get the drink with club friends invites, but not the party ones :(

@SheriSim57 That no notice of the parties is something they (the developers) did get right in this context.

Here in England those kind of parties were illegal and so you only found out the location at the very last minute, usually from receiving a text.

IRL of course, you did have a bit of time to go to the loo, have a splash wash, brush your teeth and then you would hop in the motor and go.

I agree, if the game gave you the ability to schedule the conventional type of gathering, that would be great.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • FortescueFortescue Posts: 30 Member
    I saw this thread yesterday, and thought to myself, 'yeah, it has been a long time since I've gotten invited to one of those random parties'.
    And then right after, once I loaded up my game, my sim got asked to go to a dance party at the bluffs.
    So they definitely still happen, maybe just not as often.
    She was a pretty brand new save too, hadn't been to any bars or clubs yet. No dance skill yet either.
    A completely random invite from some guy she questioned about a suspect at work as a detective.
    “I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Honestly, I don't have a problem with this... because literally nothing ever actually happens when my Sim does agree to meetup at the ruins or bluffs... like, it's just a typical visit. No party.

Can someone explain to me why I seem to be the only person experiencing this? lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I only ever get invited to the bluffs party if I'm a single sim in a new load. And it only happens to the first sim I add to a new save . The rest never get the invite though I wish it happened more often it never does. If they get invited to the blogs any time after that it's a lame club hangout where they're all on their phones. No dj etc.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Honestly, I don't have a problem with this... because literally nothing ever actually happens when my Sim does agree to meetup at the ruins or bluffs... like, it's just a typical visit. No party.

Can someone explain to me why I seem to be the only person experiencing this? lol
    There are different kind of invites. The party invites are now very very rare which is why I'd like to know the exact criteria for triggering them. I loved when they used to be more frequent.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I do get invited sometimes; but only with the Social sims.
    What I have noticed is that the festivities are different? So there should be a party but there isn't?
    Lisamango0 wrote: »
    I do get invited sometimes; but only with the Social sims.
    What I have noticed is that the festivities are different? So there should be a party but there isn't?

The last such party one of my sims attended, took place at the Von Haunt estate and the DJ didn't start playing until the rain stopped. And it was very light rain, not heavy rain, most sims weren't even using umbrellas.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited May 2022
    I've seen many things suggested in this thread, but personally haven't noticed any relation with those? My sims who is a loner family dad with low dancing skill reveived this coveted party invitation once. What I'm thinking though is maybe you need a friend who lives in Windenburg? The invitation came from Morgan Fyres. It was also a new save.

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I only ever seem to get festival invites, it's been this way for a while.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    @musteni You could be onto something there, hadn't had a party invite in a long time but last night my sim who had just made friends with Morgan Fyres was invited to a dance party at the bluffs. This is a new save I've been running for a couple of days.

Of course it was daytime so they just stood around chatting with nothing to do. There was no dj or actual dancing.
    Am glad this thread has been kept alive. Maybe it will get noticed!

I wish I knew more about mod creation as I would have a go at seeing what was going on.

This game definitely seems to follow the laws of entropy. As new packs are released, the older ones seem to tend towards decreasing disorder.

The pack is called Get Together, but no one Gets Together any more :(
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....