Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited May 2022
    Do not mess with page files like it was suggested to me, really messes up your graphics

Edit: my Obey me game became corrupted, I can barely play it, so I had to ditch it.
    I think having 10 sims in a large mansion is a bad idea LOL. That's okay, I wasn't totally
    feeling the story.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • JohnsomethingJohnsomething Posts: 57 Member
    edited May 2022
    @texansky Thanks. He is not exactly the founder of a legacy family, but he is the founder of the Sims 3 branch of my family (thats why his last name = Patriarch).
    But dont expect some deep elaborated story, English is not my native language after all, I just play for casual fun :blush:

" Is that Booker Singleton in the hallway in the second picture? If so, news of the affair will be all over town very soon."

I dont really know what hes doing there. I think he is living with the Fox family? He constantly fails to pay for child support so perhaps he share rent :smiley:
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    Do not mess with page files like it was suggested to me, really messes up your graphics

Edit: my Obey me game became corrupted, I can barely play it, so I had to ditch it.
    I think having 10 sims in a large mansion is a bad idea LOL. That's okay, I wasn't totally
    feeling the story.

@GraceyManor Yeah girl I've got 12 sims in a big house and even that makes the game slow (when the world is unpopulated too!)
    I can't imagine having them all in a big mansion. :flushed:

Sorry... :(
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    emorrill wrote: »

feeling the story.

@GraceyManor Yeah girl I've got 12 sims in a big house and even that makes the game slow (when the world is unpopulated too!)
    I can't imagine having them all in a big mansion. :flushed:

Sorry... :(

It’s quite alright like I said I wasn’t feeling the story anyways and already have a new one in mind
  • LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    during the many years I've been playing the sims 3 I had never experienced any form of meteor in my world unless I was in Oasis Landing with into the future. So I decided at least once I wanted the chance of experiencing a meteor shower in my game so I installed a mod that would give a small increased chance of one occurring...... about 10 minutes into playing their yard got completely destroyed (and still has the carters). I think I'm glad I got the experience but ya know I have seen some people say they get them frequently and I think I'm glad I don't have that happen.

but a bonus was that I got to sell all the space rocks for money haha :D .
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited May 2022
    @Lamaaaay - I terrorize my sims with meteors.
    Screenshot-113.jpg
    It’s fun watching them cower in fear.
    Screenshot-106.jpg
    But then again, I’m twisted.

I think now’s about the right time to pull this video out.

https://youtu.be/8CE8mMEraMY
    Yeah, this is what happens when Nikkei_Simmer is bored.

And with no computer, Nikkei_Simmer is very bored right now; which means…

I’d hate to be my sims when Nikkei_Simmer gets a replacement computer.
    Screenshot-93.jpg
    Even my Simself doesn’t go unscathed. The only two who are immune to my fickle wonts ((this is not a spelling error) Nikkei_Simmer’s English Definitions Wont = action habitually employed by ) to torture are River McIrish and my wife’s simself.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @texansky Aha, the home of former junk collectors I see. ;)

Hmm, I tried searching for the Nicola Stanford sim on the exchange, but to many sims showed up for me to sift through. I haven't used the exchange much, so I'm probably not to good at navigating around there. :P

@emorrill That's a nice and cozy (and long! :P) christmas update with the christmas outfits even. The concept of white elephant gifts is a new one to me, and of course, I am wondering what the inappropriate gift was, well, I guess I only have to use my imagination. ;) (And I am...)

Oh, and it totally reminds that I I actually had christmas outfits that my sims could have worn, too, but since I forgot they will just be wearing regular clothes. :P

I'm thinking to have my christmas update ready by tomorrow if I can make something sensible out of it. I only I have the screenshots so far. :P
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • JohnsomethingJohnsomething Posts: 57 Member
    The secret lovers James and Cheyenne continued seeing each other behind Shawnee's back, sometimes they would hide in the ranch

sbw352k.jpg

...sometimes at James' house...
    icPc8kp.jpg

And it was a rocking relationship overall, I believed that finally my grumpy meanie little farmer of a sim had managed to find someone willing to tolerate his bad traits and reproduce with, even if she had three children and a marriage about to be ruined (and inheriting her nice ranch would be cool for my roleplay).
    IconRYF.jpg

One day during one of the usual visits to her lover's ranch, James witnessed the breakup of the couple. Apparently, Shawnee had enough of this or somehow found out his wife was cheating him with James. To be honest, I didnt expect that to happen and I didnt expect AI to be so perceptive. Its weird because Shawnee never really witnessed the two having an affair but only once. Unless...he witnessed something else?

NsEbZqj.jpg

yN7k0Ll.jpg

James consoled her and was about to ask her to move in with him and make a new family.

pKftxJA.jpg

But a few days later James saw Cheyenne repeatedly flirting with brooker singleton. Funny thing is, he had seen her flirting with him before she breaks up with her husband but he guessed he could let it slide for once. That explains the breakup; it was Cheyennes affair with Brooker that made Shawnee act like that. Apparently they flirted with each other incessantly right in front of his face?

d2NdJIx.jpg

Then James came to the realization that Cheyenne was slowly carving out a nice little harem for her. Her husband and her lover Brooker both living with her, and then James. He did what believed to be the most natural response, tell her to "just be friends".
    UX2k3b8.jpg

Well, I guess James Wyatt Patriarch will stay single for a while.
    OIT6q3A.jpg
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    I have two days off now so I plan on getting caught up on comments, and post my updates. Probably only going to play tonight, then it'll have to wait until next week.

@GraceyManor Great updates on your story!

@king_of_simcity7 Nice pictures!

@Karritz I had a social jig get stuck the last time I played, but it was one of the smaller conversation ones.
    Nice information about IF's.
    Annie's household really expanded.
    It's nice to be able to see the hidden traits.
    Great pictures of all the children.

@HillyBeth Nice pics of Ryan and Katherine!

@texansky Congrats to Josh and Becky!
    David is doing well in his career it seems.
    Everyone seems to be doing well in their careers.
    Sugar and Betty must have collaborated on Elvis Was a Day Trader, lol. They both have it listed as a book they wrote.

@Turjan I'm glad Vivian agreed to being cured and didn't fight about it.
    As long as Stephen didn't flirt with Ashley, he should be fine.
    Congrats on the engagement!

@polrbear The divespots are awesome!
    I really like the houseboat.

@Silverofdreams30 Great pictures!

@Nikkei_Simmer Hopefully when you can afford a computer, there will be a good deal going on.

@Sprottenham You're welcome.
    I'm glad to see they passed.

@bekkasan You're welcome.
    Thanks!
    Great picture of Logan and Talia.
    It stinks when things break, especially air conditioners when it's hot. The temperature warmed up here in Illinois now too, we are in the 80's and low 90's for the next several days. A couple I know recently moved to Florida not too long ago, but I hadn't talked to them about the temperature there.

***I'll do more comments sometime for pages 4350 and after, but I'm going to post my updates next and then get the game loaded up.
    Goth Family Days 292 through 294

idcC6T4.jpg
    Continuing from where I last left off, Jacob decided to play a game of chess with Elizabeth. I was going to have them marry each other when he reaches adulthood, but I may not do that now since I found someone else that might work.

K36ME37.jpg
    When the party had ended, Brandon and Lily practiced martial arts while Jacob got something to eat.

PMgk7WX.jpg
    Since it was Spooky Day, the neighborhood children came over for candy. Daisy was nice enough to give this child some.

wime40y.jpg
    Then, I needed to send Daisy to finish an opportunity. However, I caught her standing like this on her motorcycle as she had a slight glitch. She did sit down properly right after.

FKOfIHK.jpg
    Daisy said hello to this woman, but I'm not sure who it is now.

CK2936G.jpg
    She also chatted with this guy, who may be Leo Langerak. I'm not sure, but he is a Langerak at least.

BEIc6Qk.jpg
    Lily went back to playing the keyboard again as she works on her new LTW.

WUVI98m.jpg
    Lauren is still writing a book in every genre, and is almost finished.

i9YvAuo.jpg
    Daisy needed to raise her fun meter, so I had her watch TV. She doesn't need it, but she's learning the cooking skill.

hodX4CL.jpg
    Jacob seems to always want to dress up as a prince so he was in those clothes when he sat down to eat a meal.

UYaJM76.jpg
    Lily worked in the garden for a bit in the morning but the garden will be going dormant soon.

UN9ZOV3.jpg
    It had been a bit since the band got together, so I had them play at the theater. I added the harvest stands because it seems they draw Sims to this lot. It really helped the band get tips because there were alot of Sims on the lot.

****Part 2 of this update will be posted very soon.
    @texansky
    This can take up to half an hour, which is why I flood the thread with posts, and then I don't post for a few days. :innocent:
    ^Haha! :lol::p
    I always thought when a sim thinks of a leaf, after getting a text from someone, it means they were sent something inappopriate. I thought I read that somewhere, but maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :confused:
    I didn't think Sims could age up until after the baby is born? Or is that only aging from an adult to an elder?
    ^Uh, not sure I understand what you're referring to here. Sorry. :( I think you're right in that pregnant sims cannot age up until the baby is born.
    Thank you for the compliment on Leah and Elliott. <3 They are an adorable ginger couple. :blush:

@GraceyManor I'm glad to hear you have another story in mind. Sorry you weren't feeling Obey Me anymore, but you were doing a great job with it. :star:
    Yeah, if your heart isn't in a story, it won't thrive, so I look forward to what you present us with next. :)

@Nikkei_Simmer Yes we all remember how you like to terrorize your sims... ;):p

@Sprottenham Thanks for the comments on my story update. :blush: Oh you should read up on white elephant gifts. They can be funny or downright terrible. :lol:
    I mostly left the gift Sam gave Abigail up to the reader's imagination, but you can kind of get an idea of what is was here:
    Sebastian’s brow furrowed. “Okaaay, let’s see it.”
    With averted eyes, Abigail handed him the gift box.
    At first, Sebastian wasn’t exactly sure what he was looking at. It was a toy carp with something lodged in its mouth. He knew Abigail hated carps with a passion. They’d find dead ones on the beach back home all the time. Upon closer inspection, the item in its mouth was a rather large piece of clay carved into the shape of a…, “Oh!” he gasped as realization set in. Immediately he snickered.
    “Oh you men!” Abigail cried, slapping at his shoulder. “It’s AWFUL!”
    “I get it Abby, but c’mon, that’s hilarious!”
    “Okay fine, maybe it is a tiny bit, but honestly Seb that is NOT something I want to open up in front of the group! Nor do I WANT it! I’ll be destroying it with FIRE immediately!”
    Sebastian roared with laughter.
    :smirk::joy:
    I look forward to your Christmas update. :)
    Oh yeah and kudos to you for sharing a Roxette song back there. :star: They've got some good songs.

@Johnsomething Welcome to the forums and to this thread. :) I've enjoyed reading your posts.
    James is a very handsome sim. :love: And I very much like this picture. <3
    OIT6q3A.jpg

@Brandontaylor *Waves* to you my friend. :) Sorry I've got a couple of long story updates to make catching up a little harder for you. :kissing_heart: But I know you'll enjoy them. <3

@Silverofdreams30 Is there any base sim that you can't make over into someone beautiful? :blush:
    edited May 2022
    Goth Family Days 292 through 295, continued

MHaHgv5.jpg
    Jacob went to a classmates house after school so they got to know each other.

eQx5cjz.jpg
    Meanwhile, I sent Brandon out to practice with the board breaker.

KK0aYYz.jpg
    Lily practiced martial arts with Lauren.

0hb1VW2.jpg
    While Jacob did his homework, Brandon ate some pancakes.

o0yL1fp.jpg
    Daisy tried to pinch Jacob's cheek but he wasn't having any of it.

zDAhCkW.jpg
    LIo175P.jpg
    I mentioned earlier that I had found a girl for Jacob. This is the first time they met, and she is a distant relative to the family. Her name is Christa Goth.

Q1fmhn9.jpg
    Brandon and Lily had some shower fun, something they had neglected for a bit.

DXPktlt.jpg
    Brandon still won't quit with his pranks so Lily had to get mad at him yet again.

ZZPFzb6.jpg
    Someone had made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches so everyone sat down to enjoy them together, even the young girl.

KiW6h7n.jpg
    Now Daisy is seen getting mad at Brandon for something. He can't catch a break.

JaavMlC.jpg
    MlXqB6L.jpg
    Christa is now a teenager. I've seen her as a young adult and she will be quite pretty, but I'll fix her up even better with hair and clothing. Then, Daisy got to know her some as well.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
    @Nikkei_Simmer Hopefully when you can afford a computer, there will be a good deal going on.

Thanks @Brandontaylor, I’ve been browsing FB marketplace and hopefully I can find one for relatively inexpensive. It’s just other things that are tying up the money right now.

I’m just not sold on a 12th Gen CPU while the problems with booting up Sims 3 are still a major problem. I’m just trying to keep from going around the bend by writing on the iPhone, then transferring it to my e-mailbox.

No computer; no taking mind off other things that annoy me.
    SithRiverisAnnoyed2.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited May 2022
    Alrighty everyone! :smiley:

So I thought I would share a few "behind the scenes" things about the Christmas scene in Chapter 18 of Pelican Town to Sims Town. (The final chapter... :cry:*sniff* )
    This has also been posted in my story thread.

While it feels like the end of that scene could definitely be a nice place to conclude the story of course we know that it's not meant to end there. ;) For 2 YEARS now (wow) this quest has been just as much of a mystery to all of you as it has been to the 12 characters (although I get the feeling some of you have already figured it out. :smirk: But...you never know when Author Em is going to throw out a curveball, am I right? :smirk::p ) Anyway,

When I began staging for this scene I had to give 7 or 8 of the characters new Sleepwear because what they currently had on wasn't exactly appropriate for a group setting where they would be opening presents together on Christmas morning. :lol: (Can we say Haley everyone? :joy: ) So that was fun to do, especially doing the matching pajamas for Harvey, Penny, Elliott, and Leah. Elliott and Leah's was easy to throw together, but I struggled coming up with the right pattern for Harvey and Penny and even when I did, something still felt off about it. It was kinda driving me nuts! :grimace: It was simply after doing a little switchero of colors on the pattern that I cried out, "YES! I have found the perfect Christmas PJ's for them!" :star:

After the wardrobes were taken care of, I had each character take a lovely seat in the seats I designated for them (with "free will" turned off as well as needs set to "static" - that's always my trick for happy, healthy sims during staging ;) ) as was illustrated in the first 3 pictures of the scene when Harvey, and Haley, are speaking to the group.

In the 4th picture when everyone stood up in sync, that's what happened when I clicked on the pile of presents to "begin" the Gift Giving Party. My heart raced excitedly at the events that would unfold. :grin: And I had my finger above the "C" button at the ready.

Silly me though figured they would stay put and one by one go to the gift pile to grab a present and return to where they were previously standing to open the gift annnnd...in a perfect sim world that's how it would go, but as we all know, 'tis not so! :lol: They all went in various different directions around the room to grab and open their gift and for a moment it felt like the image I was hoping to create for this scene had been ruined. However, as is often in cases like these, we sim authors just roll with it and sometimes it ends up adding more depth, and most of the time, humor, to what we had originally planned to write. :blush: This is one reason why I had Sebastian tell Harvey that opening presents did not need to be "orchestrated" (perhaps he was really telling ME that :lol: ) and therefore represent why everyone scattered away from their significant others to open their gifts. (Which we see with Penny sitting on the floor alone to watch the gifts being opened. :p She was the only one that did that actually...) You gotta love EA's programming with this game sometimes...

When I was growing up, coming from a family of 7 children, opening up presents on Christmas was always orchestrated. :p From youngest first to oldest. Good times. :)

Anyway, most of the pictures I captured with couples cuddling together on the couch - Elliott and Leah in particular - were taken after the gift giving was over. :)

Abigail was the first out of the group to open a present and that enraged look on her face after opening it made me laugh SO hard that I HAD to pause and capture it and think of something to write in that would be epically worthy enough to make her react in such a way. :lol: Naturally of course, her best friend Sam - the funny guy and who I feel is a prankster at times - was the perfect candidate to be her "secret Santa." I will say that growing up with three very funny, and sometimes crude, brothers has helped me to write Sam and Sebastian's characters in a tremendously realistic way for two men in their early 20s. :blush:

Alex was pretty slow to open a gift in the game, which was perfect for his character at this point in time. :star: Haley's fake, grimacing grin after opening her present couldn't have been more perfect for her character as well. :lol: Sometimes the game does things on point and it was truly fun finding a creative way to write out what exactly each sim was thinking of - and doing - when they opened up their presents.

It was a little frustrating though because the game omitted Maru from opening up a present during the gift giving party... :disappointed: Now, I could've quit without saving (I always save before big events for reasons such as this and more) and gone back in to do the gift giving party again in hopes that the game would include her, however I decided to write around it instead, and I think it worked out better that way. :) Maru is a very private person and it made sense to me that she would want to open her gifts in a more private setting. Except of course when she wishes to give a personal gift to a good friend. <3

When she and Alex exchanged their gifts to each other I had to get creative and "doll up" the ribbon and wrapping paper on the gift she gave him so that it wouldn't look like they were giving each other the same gift. Lol! I don't know if any of you noticed that little detail, but if so I hope it put a smile on your face. :blush: #myneedforrealism

Here's a list of what everyone got as their first gift (only 3 of them opened up second gifts actually and I missed recording what they were...):

Elliott: Artsy Easel
    Abby: Amphib-clops plush :lol:
    Emily: Tiger-vine plant
    Leah: Artsy Easel
    Haley: Mood light candle
    Sebastian: Video game console
    Shane: Amphib-clops plush :lol:
    Sam: Guitar
    Penny: Stereo
    Harvey: Chess table
    Alex: Modern orchid :lol:
    Maru: Nothing :cry:

Looking at the list you can see how I incorporated those gifts into the story in some form or another. (Leah and Elliott did indeed get the same gift.😄 ) I have never had a sim receive the "Amphib-clops plush" before so that was very humorous to discover. :lol:

Oh yeah, that moment where Haley strikes the most perfect pose and face expression in response to Harvey and Penny's make-out session on the couch was ALL from the game and I loved the heck out of it! :lol: I think it was from her Diva trait.

And on that note you might find it cool to know that not a SINGLE Poseplayer pose was used in this scene. :star: (As opposed to many of my other scenes.) :)

Anyway that's all the "Author's Notes" I have to share about the Christmas scene. I hope y'all enjoyed it and it warmed your hearts. <3 I'm looking forward to writing more as we go into the Spring season of the story. :blush:

Thank you always for reading. <3
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

@Nikkei_Simmer
    Is that @Featherbelle as a Sim?
    She is very beautiful.

@Sprottenham
    Thank you for introducing some of the family members that will be at the Christmas party. I'm trying to get them all sorted out in my mind.

It must be difficult playing several generations of Sims with insanity.

@emorrill
    I really liked your latest update. So much going on, that I hardly know what to comment on. :lol:

In your story, Leah is pregnant but celebrated her birthday in one of your last posts. It confused me.

Hubby and I, as well as my son and his family, always go to my brother's place for Christmas, and just like you, the gift-giving is always youngest to oldest. I always have to go last. Unless my sister is there from three hours away. :lol:

I didn't notice that their gifts were the same.

No Poseplayer poses, but turning off free will sorta do that for you, in a way. :wink:

@Johnsomething
    Well, you are free to share or not share your gameplay here. Enjoying your game is the most important.

Booker is infamous for shirking his parental duties in my game too. I finally decided to make him give money to his two children. I used Family Funds to take away §20,000 and give §10,000 to each of his kids. That makes up for twenty missed child support payments.

So Cheyenne had her husband and two lovers? Ya, I would run from that too.

@Lamaaay The first game I ever played, my Sim was planting a garden. She got flattened by a meteor. I think I had played maybe 20 minutes in real-time. I had to start a new game, and I haven't seen one since.

@Nikkei_Simmer
    I watched the first two minutes of that video. It's hilarious! I don't even know how to call lightning or meteors from the sky.

@Sprottenham I wasn't able to find the Divine Sims on the Exchange and it appears that @king_of_simcity7 may have had a different name on the Exchange. Or he gifted me the household in a different way.

@Brandontaylor
    The game is infamous for using the same book title for more than one townie. That's why, whenever I am controlling the writer, I seldom use the suggested titles.

Nice update! I will have to try adding the harvest stands to attract Sims when I want my musical Sims to play for tips.

@GraceyManor
    Maybe you could put Molly and Diavolo into the bin and move them to a new copy of the world they escaped to? They could have refused to return to Devildom and decided to strike out on their own.

... And I'm all caught up on comments for now. Loved reading all of your stories.
    edited May 2022
    If anyone is interested, the Strong sisters Amber and Tiffani from my Simselves game are available to download from @KevinL5275

Click here to download The Strong Sisters
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    @Brandontaylor thanks. I'm over Imaginary Friends at the moment. They are so frustrating. All I wanted to do was to have each of my sims with an imaginary friend to make it real and then end up without the doll in their inventory any more. But they breed like rabbits. :s After making them all real for all of the children in Annie's household I kept finding the children were generating replacements and the faster I made the replacements real they generated more replacements. I gave up on the idea of no more IF's in inventories. I will continue to make IFs real bit if the kid generates another one that's it. It stays a doll.

Enjoy your days off and your sims. I enjoyed the pictures you posted of your game. Liked the pink plumbot.

Happy Simming
    I decided to sell Lauren the Plumbot. It’ll make a bit more room in the family that way.
    @texansky
    Thanks for the idea, but sometimes certain stories just don't go the way I wanted
    it to ^_^ So this glitchiness is kind of a blessing in disguise.
    edited May 2022
    @texansky - yes…she’s been my wife of twenty-one years going on twenty-two and I made her sim look a lot like when we got married.
    3947533D-F31D-4549-AFC7-F21026B8B1C6.jpeg
    I did one of her simself earlier in trying to create her in CAS but that was before I really started getting used to the sliders and crafting facial features and using cc
    Screenshot-13.jpg

My wife does like to dye her hair unique colours. It was purple for a while and well lately now she’s working at a barbershop so she’s got it green. Me: well I’m keeping my hair natural (salt and pepper).

@emorrill - I know the people who have been with us for the past five years know just how deranged I am with my sims but I figured the ones returning to us from Sims 4 and from a long hiatus don’t know just how much my mind likes to take long walks off a short pier so figured posting that video again might get a few laughs and eye-rolls and general wondering where my sanity has wandered off to.

I think it’s gone on permanent vacation.

😈 ~Surprise~. 😝
    03a7f48379d878f9edf34d01684fbf86.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    @texansky Thank you. I had to deal with two fledglings the other night, in my fourth bird encounter over the past fortnight.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @emorrill

Thank you, yes there are sims I haven not tried to
    makeover cause its a bit difficult to do so.
    Having a weird glitch now(New Sims 3 folder, completely fresh with only select mods and cc in it) When I go to move my sim into the world the map tags disappear like they can't afford any of the lots, even though some are a starter home.

@Brandontaylor
    Did you at least have Lauren finish books in all genres first?

@Nikkei_Simmer
    Even the first rendition of @Featherbelle is very pretty.

@GraceyManor
    A long shot, but did you check to be sure that they are not commercial lots?
    edited May 2022
    @texansky @Featherbelle says “thanks”. She’s always busy playing Mass Effect. Her computer is being a pain too so she may have to get a replacement.

I’ve been busy writing both the chapters for The Chikamori Selfacy and some JAG fanfiction.

Part of me wonders just how I’d make the stuff needed for one of my epic (in size like 120K words) JAGfics to play out illustrated in Sims 3 format. Just the setup would take an year with learning to basic mesh, then another tryiing to get good enough to make all the personalized cc (uniforms, flight gear, flight helmets, weapons, all of it)

Can you imagine just how much cc, I’d need to create for this five minute scene alone?

Excerpt from my JAG Story “Hail and Well Met (the story of Meg and Animal)
    1200hrs, Flight Deck of the USS Theodore Roosevelt; Somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea

As the wheels touched flight deck, Meg breathed a deep sigh of relief. She remembered the fact that she'd been on this carrier before when it was in the Pacific Fleet. Now it had transferred back to Atlantic Fleet control. She took a deep breath of the combination of jet fumes and the salty sea air. She understood clearly why Harm and Tosh loved this life; the intoxicating feel of the adrenaline rush that accompanied carrier aviation at its finest. She looked over to see an F-14A on the catapult and saw its PW TF-30 burner cans flowering open to full military power twin tongues of bluish flame emerging from the rear licking the blast shield. The slam of the steam powered catapult launched the F-14 forward at a dizzying rate of speed and it was clear that the Tomcat was airborne as it was propelled off the end of the carrier and clawed for altitude.

"XO, VF-41, inbound, Clear the deck!" The deck crew quickly sprang into action in order to clear the landing area of all obstructions and to make sure the tensile strength of the wires was not damaged by any of the previous landings and the give via the pistons and rollers was set enough to halt the aircraft that was in the approach vector to the deck, without ripping the arresting hook off the aircraft. Once that was done it was time to clear the landing area. The last thing the incoming flight crew needed when they were low on fuel was a foul-deck with no Texaco airborne.

Meg knew she needed to report in and told one of the staff waiting to meet her that she would apologize but she was checking who was on that XO's F-14. The staff officer nodded knowingly. The new Captain of the TR was a Captain by the name of Decker, Captain Thomas Decker,'USNA Class of 72. Reputed to be a tough no-nonsense CO of the boat so Meg was walking a tightrope not going directly to him. But she really wanted to see if it was her Tosh on that recovering F-14 Tomcat.

Eventually she could see the F-14 making its approach to the flight deck. Usually there was some variation in the wing rocking, but this naval aviator held his glide slope perfectly, wings only making minute changes to its attitude and the F-14's profile grew larger and larger as it approached the deck. And with a loud roar as its main-mounts hit the deck, the hook scraping sparks, it caught the three-wire yanking the Tomcat to a screeching halt as the afterburner was engaged to prevent a bolter. If it had missed all four wires, it would have needed the burner for the forward momentum to claw back into the air.

"Good job, Fast Eagle One Zero Two, you can cut the engines, we got you!" The CAG's voice resounded over the 1-MC.

In response the burner flame abruptly cut off and the F-14's hook raised as it taxied out of the wires. It was guided to its parking spot by the plane captain where the crew promptly shut down its engines. The aircraft now being safe to approach, Meg walked over to the F-14 as its canopy raised and she saw the aviator look over at her from beneath the lowered visor and a smile of recognition bloomed on his face as he raised his visor and took off his helmet. It was Tosh and the beaming smile on his face was just as wide as the smile that presumably was on her own.

"MEG!" He yelled over the sound of the noise on the flight deck. Meg had also removed her cranial earlier and jammed earplugs in her ears.

She met him as he deplaned.

"How...what?!" He asked as they walked towards the island together.

"I was told to pack bags and head out to the TR." she informed him.

"Really?"

His RIO, Lieutenant Commander Jim Willis grinned at him, "Y'know what? I'll see you in the mess. While you two catch up." and walked away entering the hatch.

"Have to go see the Captain, hopefully he'll forgive me for this lapse in protocol, but you were on landing approach and I really wanted to see you." Meg said looking at him. She was a full inch taller than him at five-eleven, but his whole naval aviator vibe made him appear so much bigger. This was the first time she'd seen him in flight gear, ever. He had been hitting the weights because his arms looked bigger than they were before on a frame that appeared to show the results of a gym-rat's existence. At five ten, he was two hundred nineteen pounds, all of it muscle.

"Well, I'm heading up to let the Captain of the boat know that I'm re-qualified on day traps. Maybe if I'm there he'll go easy on you," he smirked at her."

"Oh, thank you, sir." She replied sarcastically, "That's really reassuring."

Animal grinned at her.

My head’s spinning at the thought.

Carrier deck, ocean backdrop, uniforms for Meg (sim), flight suit, harness, helmet for Animal, ear plugs (for wear on flight deck, various naval aircraft (A-6 Intruder, E-2C Hawkeye, C-2 Greyhound, F/A-18C Hornets, F-14 Tomcats (two one personalized with Animal’s markings; the others a generic marking to scatter around the flight deck) general conversation poses and expressions pertinent to the scene).

Can you see why I hate my muse.

I don’t know how to mesh!!!!

…yet.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top