Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! All my Sims photos & reference paintings have gone black!

A few weeks ago, the photos that my Sims had taken with their cameras and framed went black. All of the ones on the walls, aside from those taken very, very recently, are black. The reference paintings are also black. It's like the game was erased any record of images that go back to a certain period, which is terrible for me as a legacy player. Photos of my Sims' children as toddlers, reference paintings of their deceased ancestors, all blank. Only a select few have survived for some reason. And for my Sims who are photographers, their houses are filled with blank images which once decorated their walls. I've seen other people report this issue over the years but I haven't found a way to fix the problem?

Does anyone know? I'd really appreciate the help!

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited May 2022
    do you have backup save or are you able to recover save from before this happened?

i would backup your current save and then try recover save to see if the photos exist in those then you may make room with photos in them to your library and re add it to your current save and photos should hopefully be there since anything downloaded from gallery/library is supposed to keep them

I'm unsure of why this happens though but i think someone solved it like that recently

also as precaution it might be good to save any pictures etc you have showing as should as room in your library or gallery in case it happens again
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    If you are having issues with the game without CC I would recommend the EA Answers HQ
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    I had this happen to me about a year ago. I have mods and I'm a heavy cc user so I never figured out what caused it or if it's mod/cc related..
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(