Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 “Player” Challenge!

This is sort of a mixture between the Black Widow Challenge and the 100 Baby Challenge. So basically you have a matriarch (preferably a girl), this matriarch is supposed to get married several times and try to have 100 children. Each time your sim gets pregnant you find someone else and get caught cheating. Once you get caught cheating you kill your current husband and marry the guy you were caught cheating with. This process continues until you get to 100 children. Killing husbands goes in a pattern, discover all possible death types, and then the next husband has to die of old age (without using cheats), and you can "bank the death" without taking their kid(s) out of the count.
Like the Black Widow Challenge, you have to throw at least one dinner/house party every week, you need the Serial Romantic aspiration with the Snob, Materialistic, and Romantic traits, and you can’t get a job, although, like the 100 Baby Challenge, you are allowed to post videos, play musical instruments at bars, clubs, etc., paint, and write books to make money (and your husband can choose to get a job). Easy… right? Probably not so much…

~~~~~
RULES:
~~~~~
* No cheats, mods, or anything to make the challenge easier are allowed.
* Before your sim dies she must complete her aspiration and unlock the Player trait (for every time a sim dies her youngest daughter now has to complete the aspiration).
* Children who are taken away, adopted, or accidentally killed don’t count.
* When your sim dies her youngest daughter takes her place.
* Your sim has to max out the Cooking and Mixology skills.
* Babies only age up on their birthdays.
* Toddlers only age up when they max out all toddler skills.
* Children must get an A in school before they can age up.
* Teens need to get an A in school to age up.
* If a husband dies naturally or not from old age it doesn't count and their kids don't count.
* You can’t woohoo or have kids until you’re married.
* You can't kill your husband with a cow plant.
~~~~~

Feel free to leave suggestions and point out mistakes! Looking for new ways to improve the challenge and make it more fun!

I apologize for any grammar/spelling mistakes, currently trying to fix anything I missed because when I wrote this I was in a hurry, and english isn't my first language! :smile:
Post edited by ZestyLemonLion on

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    My only current suggestion is to change the font back to the normal font or to one more readable.

I'm unable to read the rules of the challenge and therefore can't offer feedback or even consider doing it myself.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    This is difficult to read due to the font used. That's my only suggestion.
  • ZestyLemonLionZestyLemonLion Posts: 21 Member
    edited May 2022

Lol understandable. Just tried making it look a little different and more interesting. :)
    Post edited by ZestyLemonLion on

Lol understandable. Just tried making it more interesting. :)

A quirky font doesn't make a challenge more interesting. It could pull someone in to read the challenge more than just default font, but it won't make the challenge itself anymore interesting. But it could also turn people off if it's so quirky that it's hard to read. It could be the most interesting challenge in the world, but if it can't be read...

You fall into that latter category with a font so quirky it's next to impossible to read.

And that keeps people from being able to even consider playing your challenge. Keeps people from offering feedback or asking questions about situations that you didn't think about when making this challenge because everyone plays differently.

My suggestion is again to change the font to something readable, even if it is a boring font. I'm not going to give myself a headache to decipher your rules to offer feedback on the challenge itself. And others are probably in the same boat.

Just look at the popular challenges started on the forum, they all use the standard default font and that hasn't caused anyone to not do a challenge.

When someone is looking for a challenge to do 99.9% of them aren't going to spend 15 minutes trying to read this challenge when this forum is flooded with various challenges. They'll pass on it and move to the next challenge.

If you change it to something readable, I'll look at the rules and offer feedback. I suggest just going with the default font.
    Thank you for making it readable.

1 suggestion:

It's a lot of deaths to get to 100 kids. Maybe you have to collect different types of death and each time you collect all of your available deaths, you can bank a death of a spouse of old age without having to negate their kids - this wouldn't likely happen often due to needing to keep having kids in order to reach 100 and ensure you've got a female child. With the exception of when you have 6 kids currently. Maybe possibly say that once you've decided to have a spouse die of age for that banked old age death that you can't reverse it and you can't control them once they become an elder. Maybe the no control of elders could be a "for a harder version, you can't control elder spouses you have ever intended to kill via old age."

But you would have to get all of the different death types FIRST before you could have someone die of old age and not lose their kid(s) in the count of kids.

If you want to add a point system:

1. Points for banked old age deaths that aren't used - encourages players to not use them to raise their points
    2. Points for unique traits the spouse has - keeps things interesting with regards to the spouses so you aren't cherry picking the best traited spouses all the time.
  • ZestyLemonLionZestyLemonLion Posts: 21 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

1 suggestion:

It's a lot of deaths to get to 100 kids. Maybe you have to collect different types of death and each time you collect all of your available deaths, you can bank a death of a spouse of old age without having to negate their kids - this wouldn't likely happen often due to needing to keep having kids in order to reach 100 and ensure you've got a female child. With the exception of when you have 6 kids currently. Maybe possibly say that once you've decided to have a spouse die of age for that banked old age death that you can't reverse it and you can't control them once they become an elder. Maybe the no control of elders could be a "for a harder version, you can't control elder spouses you have ever intended to kill via old age."

But you would have to get all of the different death types FIRST before you could have someone die of old age and not lose their kid(s) in the count of kids.

1. Points for banked old age deaths that aren't used - encourages players to not use them to raise their points
    2. Points for unique traits the spouse has - keeps things interesting with regards to the spouses so you aren't cherry picking the best traited spouses all the time.

Ok I edited it just a little bit. Kinda like that? Made some slight changes but you don't have to kill 100 husbands now and it's much faster depending on how you want to do it.
    Seera1024 wrote: »

1 suggestion:

Ok I edited it just a little bit. Kinda like that? Made some slight changes but you don't have to kill 100 husbands now and it's much faster depending on how you want to do it.

Just like that!