Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Grey Witches - A Magical Legacy

1789101113...Next

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @jillbg , My Dad and his mates went fishing once, and brought home a lovely bunch of fresh trout. They cooked them on the BBQ, with the heads, tails and fins on. I just couldn't eat my dinner. I can't eat something when its laying there on the plate staring at me! :s
    I bet the fish stew smelled delicious, but I probably wouldn't be able to eat it either.

That chicken and peanut curry dish sounds delicious though!
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,722 Member
    Aww... Glad to see that Derek is healthy again. And I can't wait for him to get back home and see what happened to the others...
  • ergo_slumergo_slum Posts: 135 Member
    Just chiming in as a new fan of this story: wow! You've created such brilliant, vibrant characters, and I am totally hooked! I'm still in Part I (poor Mrs. Brown has just died), but I'm slowly making my way through the tale - thanks so much for sharing such a wonderful story with us. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    @jillbg Just finished reading the newest update, I'm glad that Derek is doing better. I saw you tagged me about the update up above, but I didn't get a notification. I check every so often though, that way I don't miss it.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @Pary I'm just like you, I love fish, but not with the head on! Trout is my favorite, cooked in a pan with almonds. Or smoked perch on toast. And there's a nice way of "cooking" fish, Yemeni style, in a deep dug round oven, where they kind of slap on the fish onto the walls where it grills, ointed in spice. Yummy. Best is, you eat it with your fingers with flat bread, and a funny banana mixture. Gosh, I'm hungry...
    NymlADp.jpg
    @Alleenmens I'm working on his return to "civilization", but he'll have to stay just a while longer with his new African friends :)
    NymlADp.jpg
    @Brandontaylor I'm glad you pop in once in a while! I'll do my best posting updates more regularly :)
    NymlADp.jpg
    @ergo_slum I'm so happy you like my Grey Witches! I'm doing my best to brush a portrait that is as real as possible, and your feedback made me so happy! I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the story, don't hesitate to post feedback :)
    NymlADp.jpg
    Took some pictures of Derek for Halloween...

2022-halloween-derek.jpg

Dark Side – Kelly Clarkson

There’s a place that I know
    It’s not pretty there and few have ever gone
    If I show it to you now
    Will it make you run away?

Or will you stay? Even if it hurts
    Even if I try to push you out, will you return?
    And remind me who I really am
    Please remind me who I really am

Everybody’s got a dark side
    Do you love me?
    Can you love mine?
    NymlADp.jpg
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    We have not seen him become a werewolf yet in your story, right?

And, we need to see some Halloween pics of Taiga too. :D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    edited October 2022
    Well, to answer your question @KevinL5275 , he tells Taïga the story about how he became a werewolf in chapter 1-13 Werewolf. and then in chapter 2-04 Love or Hate, he transforms into a wolf after kissing Taïga. In chapter 02-09 Saved by a... Monster?, he transforms into a wolf, and later a werewolf to save Taïga.
    I think the EA versions of werewolves don't agree very well with my story, that's why I haven't taken any pictures of him transforming - he wouldn't be credible afterwards! :s

I have edited a picture of Taïga, too. It will be up closer to Halloween...
    NymlADp.jpg
    I remember the 1-13 story, but he didn't tell her he was the boy in the story. :)

I don't remember her knowing, but its been a while. I will have to re-read those chapters tonight.

Yes, the EA default werewolves are kind of cheesy looking. :mrgreen:
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @KevinL5275 You're right, he didn't tell her, because it's a secret you just can't go blurting out to other kids ;) She found out in part 02-10 The Truth, Nothing But The Truth

I have to read up on my own story, as I don't have much time to write, just to get the characters right again! I have just finished chapter 56, but I have to proofread it sometime this weekend before publishing.

"Cheesy" is a way of putting it - I hope we'll get something better in TS5. I heard they are playtesting, but the pictures I've seen are kind of TS4 looking, with that horrible coloring of the skies and houses. EA are really into a "Happy Days" scheme. I want more real looking sims and an open world, so I guess I'll stay faithful to TS3 for a while yet.
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    10 Chapters in and I'm unable to yank myself away from this story - it's spellbinding. :)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    10 Chapters in and I'm unable to yank myself away from this story - it's spellbinding. :)

Yes, for sure! @jillbg is one of the best writers on these forums. :mrgreen:
    edited October 2022
    New chapter: 02-56 Fishing

Derek is trying to get his health back and somehow escape. But the nature is hostile, and falling from the skies does take a while to recover from...

tgw02-56-48.jpg

Tagging : @Brandontaylor @KevinL5275 @Alleenmens @AlexaKry @bekkasan @Simsophonique @emorrill @lanlyn @Nikkei_Simmer @ergo_slum @Pary
    NymlADp.jpg
    Thank you so much both of you @Nikkei_Simmer and @KevinL5275 ! You've made my day! New chapter is out...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

@jillbg is one of the best writers on these forums. :mrgreen:

I second that. ;):kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    Woo!! Derek over did it in his attempt to show off. :) And Zuri has a child, is she with someone else in the village?

LOL at Chiku staking her claim in him and saying a flower is bad luck. :)

edited October 2022
    @Nikkei_Simmer It’s one of my favorite stories.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
    edited October 2022
    @emorrill & @Brandontaylor Thank you! :)

@KevinL5275 When male testosterone kicks in anything can happen! And yes, she has a child, will tell more about her later on. Chiku is really something. Better get Derek away from the village before she grows up... B)
    NymlADp.jpg
    @jillbg Finished reading the new chapter during lunch break. I really liked it.
    @Brandontaylor Thanks! I'm trying to get my head around three other Africa chapters -at the same time! I had taken so many pictures a couple of months ago, and now they are litterally screaming for me to dust them off and do something constructive :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,722 Member
    Good read as usual... Poor Derek, now he has to stay away longer... :'(
    Thank you @Alleenmens ! Glad you liked it :) I'll try to get him home soon...
    NymlADp.jpg