Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangerville Refresh

Comments

• Options
    BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    CopperBolt wrote: »
    Am I the only one who loved Strangerville? The team went with a pack choice that they knew was niche and not going to appeal to every player. I think PlantSims could also be great with Outdoor Retreat!

it's my favorite pack
  • Options
    WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Am I the only one who loved Strangerville? The team went with a pack choice that they knew was niche and not going to appeal to every player. I think PlantSims could also be great with Outdoor Retreat!

No I like it, but admittedly I would have loved it more if it can with an Occult Life Aspect or two. Why can't we have sims that are plant tentacle monsters? That would be cool.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    love strangerville i just wish it was so much more
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I'd love some debug sandbags and tanks. Oh and some proper military bunkbeds!!!
    I would love to have a military base and the people in the military career working there. I was so hoping for a workplace for the military career, so if they do refresh that pack, that’s what I want.

An actual lot for an active military career would be lovely. It could also function as a military academy for the wayward sons and daughters of our sims.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Strangerville honestly doesn't really NEED it compared to other packs but I'd take it for sure.

My biggest wants would be:
    -Let me woohoo with The Mother! If we can woohoo the pit beast in sims medieval; we should be able to woohoo The Mother!
    -More activities and maybe more lots if possible.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022

You're not alone that pack is amazing! Even more so because I wasn't playing or keeping up with sims at the time and I just brought it. I was shocked/weirded out and pleasantly surprised lol.
    I always say I really wish to see the team make more stuff from their own ideas not based on community wants! It's definitely one of my favorites.
    I'll never forget the first time I saw possessed welcome wagon.😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member

No I actually think it’s a very fun pack. And I’ve actually done the story a couple of times. I actually wouldn’t mind if they did another story based pack.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited May 2022
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Strangerville honestly doesn't really NEED it compared to other packs but I'd take it for sure.

-Let me woohoo with The Mother! If we can woohoo the pit beast in sims medieval; we should be able to woohoo The Mother!

Wait you can woohoo with the pit beast?!?!?!??????? :flushed::astonished:

I think children of mother would be really beautiful but I'm not sure how the whole woohoo thing would like... happen :sweat_smile:

maybe she sends good vibes your way or something and you get preggo idk
    new meaning to strangerville mystery :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Count me in as one who enjoyed Strangerville. I just recently bought it and played through it. I don't know if I'll replay it, but I do want to revive the Mother next time. And I like the town too. It adds, well, a perfect strangeness to the game
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

Wait you can woohoo with the pit beast?!?!?!??????? :flushed::astonished:

I think children of mother would be really beautiful but I'm not sure how the whole woohoo thing would like... happen :sweat_smile:

maybe she sends good vibes your way or something and you get preggo idk
    new meaning to strangerville mystery :sweat_smile:

Not directly but basically one of the outcomes of jumping in the pit has floating hearts pop out and strongly implies it if not outright states it in a buff (my memory is poor).
  • Options

It certainly would be nice. Imagine having a sim trying for baby with mother and what kind of sim you'd have as the result of that.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I know Plant Sims were done in a hurry but we've had people BEGGING for their completion, and how many packs we've had the perfect opportunity to do it in.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    edited May 2022
    Loanet wrote: »
    I know Plant Sims were done in a hurry but we've had people BEGGING for their completion, and how many packs we've had the perfect opportunity to do it in.

they will have their time, right @SIMGURURUSSKII ? you promised us and we are gladly waiting and will continue doing so as long as that leaves you the creative space to improve our beloved plantsims :)

Edit: #JusticeForOccults (almost forgot)
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member

they will have their time, right @SIMGURURUSSKII ? you promised us and we are gladly waiting and will continue doing so as long as that leaves you the creative space to improve our beloved plantsims :)

Talking about plantsims in a Strangerville thread… say, I’ve had an idea prancing in my head for a while. Could we have Plantsims based on the Mother?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

Unfortunately, SimGuruRuskii has left EA.

But I'm still confident that plantsims will have their day

#justiceforoccults
  • Options
    Cybersbe wrote: »

Talking about plantsims in a Strangerville thread… say, I’ve had an idea prancing in my head for a while. Could we have Plantsims based on the Mother?

That would be cool.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Strangerville is one of my favorite packs, I usually never play through the story but I love the world, music, and the CAS items. I don't think out of all the game packs it needs a refresh but I would LOVE if they could somehow add more lots to the world. IDK if it's actually possible to do that or not though.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Strangerville is a nice pack but I think it opened the door for Journey To Batuu, which also had a 'story' in it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I think the star wars game pack was a good idea I think it was just poorly executed. I don't fault ea for that one, I think Disney probably gave them very little creative freedom
    Unfortunately I could see how the backlash behind the star wars pack made ea rethink other brand themed packs which is a bit of a bummer. I would love a Harry Potter themed pack, a Magic Kingdom themed vacation park pack. A lego themed kit... alas I think it shall never be.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited June 2022
    I never finished it, despite feeling I had an awesome setup for it, so I don't know what needs refreshing.
    But I am glad we have rental homes now, because I do plan to return to Strangerville with a Photographer sim who has rented a house as a base for her desert photography. She will discover the weirdness going on there and I will finally finish this pack.

My Strangerville has Fox Mulder and Dana Scully living there in a nice military barracks and science lab, along with two aliens they found snooping about that might have some tie-in with whatever is happening to the town.

My approach was to have a team of sims work through the mystery together.
    If there is a way to make it more enjoyable with several sims, I would like that.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I would love a Strangerville Refresh. I would love the ability to finally delete the dead Motherplant & have sims actually work in that Secret Science Lab. Also, I would love the ability to change the Secret Lab lot to whatever. Just a thought. ;)
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I would love a Strangerville Refresh. I would love the ability to finally delete the dead Motherplant & have sims actually work in that Secret Science Lab. Also, I would love the ability to change the Secret Lab lot to whatever. Just a thought. ;)

I didn't know I wanted this until now but yes. It would be great to use that space for something.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Honestly in my opinion Strangerville is the pack that needs a refresh the least... It's already a "complete" pack in my opinion, the gameplays finished and has no major bugs as far as I'm aware, the world is for me without question the best out of all the game pack worlds and the CAS and build buy cover everything that needs to be covered
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    An option to bypass the story would be nice. I've played through it a couple times and don't always want to play through it when i start a new save and have to deal with all the possessed sims, but I really like the world.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

That would be a nice reward for defeating mother.
    Unlocking that base and perhaps a new career.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds