Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much are y'all willing to pay for Sims 2 Ultimate Collection if it were available on Origin?

13...Next

Comments

• peno11peno11 Posts: 192 Member
    $39.99
    I already have the Ultimate Collection, but if I didn't, I'd say, since I am from Europe and EA, just like many other gaming companies, is using unfair 1:1 USD-EUR currency ratio, €40 would be a fair price for me, but only if they at least fixed issues that causes problems on modern hardware, especially modern GPUs (including fixes for right GPU detection, right detection of highest resolution according to monitor and fix for square shadows (if modder could do that, EA should as well) amongst others). If they didn't, though, then I think even €20 would be a rip-off.
  • Babci219Babci219 Posts: 20 Member
    I recently tried installing Sims 2 on my Windows 10 computer & it wouldn't play. I guess you need Origin to back it up. Sims 3 hasn't been the same either, but I don't have the heart to uninstall the games.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Higher than $39.99
    Interesting question, is there a possibility that they would modernize and bring back Sims 2?

I've said before that the climate's right for it in the gaming marketplace. Think of all the "Remastered"/remake games that have come out in the past year—Rome: Total War, Mass Effect, the first seven Final Fantasy games (FF7 Remake plus the Pixel Remaster of the NES and SNES games), Diablo 2, the Yakuza series, just to name a by-no-means-complete list.

EA could totally put out "Sims 2 Ultimate Remaster" and I think people would be all over it.

Including me. I've a higher end machine than the one being used to type this that is still without TS2.
  • EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    edited May 2022
    $19.99
    The Sims 2 being available via Origin again would be great. However, the base game is almost twenty years old. Compiled, I don't see a reasonable price being beyond $19.99.