Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get to know the Murphy Bed Death Effects on Sims!

This is an article about the murphy bed deaths on Sims! Starting from the Sims 2!

The Sims 2: Apartment Life

In the Sims 2, a Sim with less then a set Body skill (Level 5) carries a chance of death by the bed falling on the Sim. It is further increased if the Sim is in a low mood.

The Sims 3: University Life:
There is a random chance, that a Sim will die from the murphy bed, so please open with caution!

The Sims 4: Tiny Living:

There is also a random chance that the Sim will either stay alive, and will get a 2+ uncomfy moodlet, or get killed. But the beds are electronic, other then mechanical like 3 and 2. The chance is heavily increased with a broken murphy bed, but a hightly-functioning bed can still crush the Sim. Prevent this broken effect by upgrading the bed with "Reinforced Spring Wiring".

After the Sim becomes a ghost in the Sims 4, they will have ZZZs nexts to their heads. They will be able to posess Sims for their energy, making the victim lose some Energhy need, whilist the ghost gains the Energy back. They will refuse to use ANY bed and in the chat, warn Sims about the bed safety, however many won't believe it.

Hope this helps you about death by beds!
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Comments

• wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited May 2022
    Thanks for the advice! It is great to know for many reasons! I avoided Murphy beds for a long time. Your advice gives me a positive outlook to include them next time I build a home.

I love to buy cheap furniture and upgrade everything. Especially if I want to keep everything in theme + keep my Sims safe.

On the other hand, if I have an evil sim, an upgrade will not be performed. Should an overnight invitation occur, the Murphy bed will become the evening roulette of chance.
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    Thanks! Let me know if you want more information on other objects too!
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • iThreeMusketsiThreeMuskets Posts: 11 New Member
    The Murphy Beds are super evil, ty for the info! :)
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    edited May 2022
    You too! Additionally, there is a mod for the Sims 4 that removes the death for Murphy Beds on ModTheSims!