Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hi All! Comment time. Hope everyone has a great day/night. Sorry I didn't get to everyone. More comments coming tomorrow.

@Shadami -
    Mar 1 - And the truth of "Who's The father" is still out there. So much pressure for Velma. Well, at least she knows what happened to DJ. And she and Aldo have an argument, while Dylan cleans up for her and fixes her toilet. Ahh...Dylan...thanks for that :) And then Hugo shows up, too, and Velma basically tells him to leave. Gee....things are just not easy.

Mar 2 - Yes, that's how Velma met all the club members...going dancing. Very interesting looks being shared between Velma and DJ...and...Dylan...and Cale. And Cale gave DJ a look when he was next to Velma. Does Cale have a secret jealous trait? And whoa! Look at those steamy daydreams that Velma is having about Cale. So, cool about the extra Goth child with the green skin. lol

@LegacySims2017 -
    Apr 24 - And congrats to DJ for getting a job as an investigative reporter. I can see how this is going to tie-in with Strangerville. Nice work. I love that you downloaded an "office building" for DJ to work in. That way we can see what he gets up to each day.

Apr 23 - Oh nice job and pay. Glad DJ got hired on. Ick! Student loans. Yeah, best to pay those off.

Apr 22 - Woot! DJ looks great in that cap and gown! Congrats on graduating. And look at all the challenge sims graduating with him!. And Robin is going for a pre-graduation swim - chuckle! And good plan to call Adam to use his place for a bit. Of course Adam says yes.

Apr 21 - Last day of classes and of course they party! And DJ gets a great final set of grades! Woot! And congrats to all those other challenge sims, too. They all did really well.

Apr 20 - Oh those presentation boards. Sims are always stabbing themselves.

@afai1261 -
    Apr 23 - 28 -Aaron looks really good in that Foxbury gown and so confident! Nice photo. Of course, Aaron stabs himself on the presentation board lol And nice remake of Caleb and Don Lothario. I love the juice pong when they don't even look at get it in. Way to go Hunter. Melissa and Adonis crying over their loss. That's funny. And Aaron retains his title! Woot! Oh and the stress before the exams. Oh gosh! Poor Aaron puking in the bush. And Aaron graduates! Woot! Nice! And I love that he still juggles that ball after graduation! hehehe. Maybe he is going to use it was some sort of weapon in the future... And bonus pics of Cale and Leo...so cute :)

Aor 29 - Oh the Von Haunt Estate! I love that build so much, and I did a Xmas remodel and my challenge sims from last year got married there. Oh and it's Love Day and they go there on a rather special date! My heart. Oh my gosh, Hunter has been planning this the whole time. How he never let anything slip out is miraculous on his part. And then, instead of the speech he had written, he just asks Aaron to marry him. *cries* Oh geez! And Aaron was going to ask him! Now that's love. :) So happy for these two~ Congrats on that wonderful engagement...so romantic...and Hunter did look rather good in that bowtie top he had on. And then they head back to Britechester for some woohoo, and Adonis walks in. hehehe He must have been rather "hot" after that and asked Galatea out on a date the next day. And now Aaron and Hunter are planning on where to get married. Mt. Komorebi at the summit? Oh my gosh! That is so great!

@DramaticJedi5 -
    Sul Sul Krista Shelby. So, a plot of land to start in Mt. Komorebi. She seems rather at ease in her surroundings and is having a good time. Even made some tips playing piano, and has gotten to know the bartender well to get some free chips. Woot! Nice that she was able to use the climbing wall at the gym, and Krista even got a photo with Yamachan. Oh those vending machines! Beware! What is you Origin ID? If possible, I would love to add Krista to my game and we may see her roaming around once in awhile. Nice first chapter for Krista.

@RememberJoy -
    May 4 - What an ominous sky. And so, Adam does a little trade with Erwin...confidential dossier for a key card. And then they head to the lab...and the key card works! And while there, they see all different sizes of plant pods..and then Carol heads down a corridor and faints...and Adam goes after her. Oh no! They are infected! I don't think this is a good thing. And now they have released all these spores into the world and some of the plants are growing, and one produced a fruit that Adam and Carol seem to be drawn to and want to eat. Oh geez. The only one not infested is Kaori who goes to hide the seed pod. Adam thinks they should quit, because he is worried about his family, but Kaori says they should continue and Carol starts her magic training.

May 5 - Oh gee! And vines are starting to overtake their campsite. Not good. And Adam heads to the library to chat with a scientist who needs him to get some spores to make a spore filter. But, of course, only the military have those. So, he heads to the local bar and is hit on. lol But all goes well, and the sister of the guy who was interested in Adam gives him a spore filter after Adam does some push-ups to show his worth. And Carol has been learning some new spells...to summon spiders and snakes...lol Well, she'll be safe from other sims. It's what inside that crater that is a concern.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited May 2022
    May 6th: Taking a day off

H5vCBm3.png
    I was up early again, so I decided to dust off my easel and paint some of the bizarre things associated with the mystery.
    8KIoUbi.png
    I started by painting the strange towering clouds over the crater and ended with a painting of one of the alien looking plants.
    Qgy8Pr6.png
    It had bloomed again, but fortunately the urge to pick and eat it's fruit had diminished substantially over the last couple days; thankfully the condition seemed to have only been temporary.
    When the girls got up, we did a sunrise energizing routine in preparation for the day before Carol went to work on her tan behind the tent, and Kaori and I sat down to discuss our next moves.
    BtYR7f1.png
    "I still need to get the spore samples to the scientist I met at the library," I explained to Kaori, "but after that I'm not sure where I'm going to come by a hazmat suit. I doubt it's something they keep in stock at any of the local stores."
    Q9Y4Kbe.png
    "You never know," Kaori grinned, "it might be the latest in apocalyptic fashion. Soon everyone who is anyone will be wearing one."
    I chuckled, "Perhaps," I said, but if that's the case, I want mine in green."
    Kaori smile faded, "Adam," she said in a concerned voice, "yesterday you said that they had a monster down in that lab. What made you think it's a monster?"
    SuOMp5m.png
    "I'm not sure," I said combing my fingers through my hair. "When you slapped me awake in the lab, I felt a menacing presence there suddenly. I could feel it psychically trying to reach out and pull me back under. I also felt a similar presence around the plants and their fruit after our episode, but now that's slowly fading."
    Kaori sat in deep thought for a minute. "I wonder why the both of you were only effected temporarily when it seems everyone else in town has reoccurring episodes," she finally said. "They must be getting large doses of the spores on the regular somehow, but why?"
    OG2d5of.png
    I shrugged, "Maybe it's in the water or food?" I suggested.
    "But we've eaten at the pub several times without incident," Kaori pointed out. "If it were that we would most likely be in the same condition."
    I was at a loss for words, she was right of course.
    "Can I see that scanner you borrowed?" Kaori asked standing up. "I want to see if I can find any clusters around here."
    I handed her the device and she scanned around the campfire but nothing appeared.
    Ai8OjyK.png
    "Odd," she said. "Let me go scan around one of those plants really quick."
    She jogged over to a nearby plant and I followed to see what would happen, but once again nothing appeared.
    IZ4xMOw.png
    "I guess they're not concentrated enough out here," she said, handing me back the scanner. "I suppose that explains why it's taking so long for the scientists to get their hands on samples."
    She pulled out a small knife, "I'm going to take a small cutting of this to study later," she said slicing off a chunk of the plant. "I wish I had a microscope."
    5Zv5w9D.png
    I watched her with a smile, "Have I ever told you how amazing you are?" I asked, suddenly feeling very flirty. "The way you science is very sexy."
    "Oh you," she said batting her eyelashes, "I bet you say that to all the girls."
    I reached out and took her hands, "Let's take a day off," I suggested. "We need a break and it feels like it's been forever since we've been on a date, just the two of us."
    "Where did you have in mind?" she asked grinning, "The bar or the library."
    lNqkTqi.png
    I laughed, "Alright," I admitted, "our options are limited around here, but we could still have a good time."

We told Carol that we'd be across the street at the bar if she needed anything, put on our nicest clothes, and hand and hand went on our first date since we'd been married.
    We started off at the bar where I bought Kaori a drink and flirted with her like we'd just met for the first time.
    "Hey pretty lady," I said blowing her a kiss, "can I buy you a drink?"
    YFytUJo.png
    She giggled and played along. "Only if you promise to show me a good time later," she said coyly.
    "Oh darling," I said tipping my hat and winking, "you have my word."
    FtQtcR4.png
    We kept flirting as we enjoyed our drinks before I excused myself to use the restroom. Unfortunately I was temporary jerked back to reality when I saw that here too, vines were growing from the sink drain.
    OF7idkm.png
    I shook my head and refused to let it ruin my date, the mystery could wait until tomorrow.
    I returned to find Kaori listening to music near the piano, so I picked up a violin sitting nearby and, looking deep into her eyes, serenaded her with a song directly from my heart to hers.
    qYZvMJz.png
    I must have been fairly good, because I got tips from at least six people while doing so.
    I put the violin down and caressed Kaori's cheek, "Did you want to take this date to a place with a little more privacy?" I asked suggestively.
    "I thought you'd never ask," she said in a sultry voice.
    fXv0YcS.png
    We snuck upstairs to the room we'd used our first night in StrangerVille, and made good use of it once again.
    ZSf6CHJ.png
    After we cleaned up a bit, we returned to the bar and ordered some food. Carol had wandered over saying she was hungry, so we got her some food too.
    wMfddGv.png
    Carol asked if we were up for a game of cards, so we sat down and played a round.
    DAqZN9Q.png
    One of the military ladies I'd chatted up earlier came and joined us and seemed very excited about something.
    RujSzjf.png
    Carol won the game and we decided to call it a night.
    5MF6fbw.png
    Back at camp, we finished off our evening with some smores around the campfire, avoiding any talk of the mystery and just enjoying each other's company.
    9bIVyLW.png
    Tomorrow I'd find the scientist, give her the spores, and ask around about a hazmat suit, but tonight we were a regular family for once, doing regular family things.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    May - Day 6: "Scenic Interlude"

kYgBMak.png

Notes
    We just got new gigantic smartphones and have been trying to figure out just how these newfangled contraptions work all day! I know that may seem silly to a lot of you, but we're old school and are used to tiny little first gen things with not so many features on them. o.O We use our phones for, well, phones! ;) I love technology and can run circles around most when it comes to photoshop, but this old girl's eyes aren't what they used to be. Squinting at a phone screen all day has seriously taxed my vision, they need a rest.

It's been interesting and fun setting things up for them, but very frustrating at times as well. I swear customer service isn't what it used to be either. Why can't they explain how to do things better? What's up with such a small SIM card too? I had to use tweezers to get the dang thing out of my phone and a magnifying glass to read the numbers. Sheesh! :D

Anyway, as a result I didn't get to play all day with all the other things I needed to do today as well, except to get this daily post pic. Tomorrow I'll be back to our regularly scheduled program, but this will be it for today's post. I hope y'all understand and don't laugh too hard at our befuddled antiquated ways. ;)

Hope everyone had a wonderful day/night! <3
    edited May 2022
    @Karababy52 -
    May 4 - So Cale starts investigating the weird plants and asks a lovely scientist about it. She, at first, is unwilling to talk to him, but then Cale uses his "charm" on her and she tells him to check out the lab at the crater. Then he thanks her for her info. lol Later on, an infected sim comes by and Cale tries to "charm" her too, but it doesn't quite work at first. lol I thought it was funny that he compared her to a zombie and thought she was trying to bite him. Of course, Cale finally does win through her defenses and it's woohoo with a zombie time! hehe I love how when he asked her to be just friends that she said it was alright because she was in love with a bag of trash! hehehe I think this company that Cale works for might be good, or they might not be. Obviously, they want to know about this plant. Yep, a trip to the lab is on Cale's agenda.

May 5 - So, Cale and Fox head into the lab, which is deserted and looks like it was left in a hurry. They discover a strange door, which is locked, and then they start to investigate everything and find some pieces of info. Fox tries to hack the computer, and gets some blurry images, but then the computer breaks down and wipes the hard drive. Oh gee. That isn't good. Obviously something is behind that door and they need a key card to enter it. Then Cale goes in search of some food and has a sandwich. Dude! How do you know that any of this food is safe? Oh geez. I wouldn't have done that if I were you. What if you are infected now? No more info and they then head to the library and find a book to read. In fact, Cale and Fox are reading the same book! lol

May 6 - Beautiful daily photo of Strangerville. Love it! And hey, you are better than me trying to figure out the new tech. I still have the old flip phone. lol My hubby has the newest smartphone and I use his IPhone when we travel. He's on an up-grade program, so when a new IPhone comes out, he gets it. I work from home now (has been 2 years), and really only travel locally by myself, so financially, it wouldn't be worth it for me to get one, too. If I was alone, I'd get one, though. Anyway, no worries. Hope the phone situation works out. In the meantime, I will gaze at the lovely daily photo. Have a great day :)

@RememberJoy -
    May 6 - That's a rather interesting painting that Adam is doing. Sheesh! What a reminder he will have of his time in Strangerville. And they take a day off. And Adam takes Kaori on a date. lol I love all the fun banter they have together. And this must be a redo of the bar since there is an upstairs. Cool. For a while it is nice until Adam uses the facilities and sees those vines coming out of the sink. But he will not be reminded of those plants. Nice shot of them all around the campfire.
    May 7th: Finding a hazmat suit

Today's Accomplishments:
    -Reached level 3 in Musical Genius aspiration

1u3YxUe.png
    After some morning yoga, I told Kaori I was going to meet up with the scientist at the library and that I'd be back soon.
    Uiz7m0X.png
    I texted the scientist and let her know I'd found the spores, and if she was still interested, I'd meet her at the library .
    When I arrived I found her sitting outside on a bench, out of uniform.
    qbfinOy.png
    "Hey," I said, "I've got the samples you need, do we still have a deal?"
    She looked a little nervous but explained that she was off duty for the next couple of days, but knew another scientist who was willing to help.
    We went inside and she introduced me to her friend Lydia.
    0q4dtpg.png
    When I handed her the spore samples she examined them and nodded, saying she'd get to analyzing them immediately and that she would send me a spore filter in the mail as soon as she had one ready. I thanked both of them and returned home.
    Now to find a hazmat suit.
    I figured my best option was to talk with Erwin at the curio shop, but when I walked up, a lady was standing behind the counter.
    wDh9h4c.png
    "Hi," I said with a wave. "Is Erwin off for the day?"
    AyAD0Fu.png
    She eyed me up suspiciously, "You a friend of his?" she asked.
    I shook my head, "Not really," I said, "but he's helped me out a few times and I was looking to ask him if he knew where a guy could find a hazmat suit."
    wVOX6dF.png
    She thought for a moment, "Adam?" she asked.
    I smiled, "Yeah, that's me."
    She seemed to relax a little. "Erwin told me you're the one who's been poking around at the lab in the crater," she said with a measure of respect. "I've got to say, that's ballsy of you."
    She leaned forward and motioned for me to come closer, "Erwin thought you might be in the market for a hazmat suit," she said in a low voice. "He was able to get one from his contact, but it wasn't cheap. He says you can have it for 1000 simoleons."
    I was a little taken aback, "1000 simoleons!" I said in shock. "That's a lot of money!"
    3QELUxD.png
    She shrugged, "Take it or leave it," she said, "these things aren't easy to come by you know."
    I sighed and pulled out my wallet, "Do you take cards?" I asked.

After tucking the suit away in our tent for safekeeping, I lit a fire and pulled out my violin to release some tension. Kaori joined me at the fire while Carol sat at the picnic table studying a magical tome for a potion of some kind.
    q4F65AM.png
    As it got late, Carol and Kaori turned in for the night but I wanted to try my hand at writing a song for the violin, so I went out into the desert a little ways so I wouldn't disturb them. I played late into the night, and made some progress on my masterpiece, but had to give up before I'd finished it on account of needing to sleep.
    4H12Ve5.png
    Maybe I'd finish it another night.
    edited May 2022
    May - Day 7: "Everything you need is within reach. The key is, who is going to reach?"

jueBWpn.png

Notes
    NkNBk3x.png
    Monday morning, Cale got a notice that he'd been promoted! He's now a Level 9 Bouquet Biologist. He was elated! Especially since they gave him a bonus, higher pay, and today's assignment was to take a cutting from a plant. That's it! 30 seconds later and he was done for the day. Incredible... This has to be one of the easiest careers ever! Also, I love the lighting in this game. The morning sun on those plants looks so beautiful in my opinion.

After that he paid the bills and sent off a bouquet someone had bought on Plopsy for almost 500 bucks! Cha-ching! As he was standing at the mailbox, he saw someone in the distance and ran over to introduce himself.

1dkvdO3.png
    When he finally arrived in front of her, he was invisible! o.O I swear this game gives me gifts like this all the time. hehe

X7UAQmg.png
    Of course he was feeling flirty when he introduced himself which made the lady scientist flirty as well. They had a steamy conversation going and Cale decided to give her one of his roses.

Zkdlvwr.png
    She loved it! Who wouldn't love a rose from an invisible man?

bu4GfKR.png
    He then pulled out his handy dandy golden bow and shot a love arrow at her. Uh, Cale, where did you aim Buddy?

m0ZLvlJ.png
    Oh, okay, the top of her head. Wouldn't it work better if it went through her heart instead? One would think that would be the logical target anyway.

s956T2n.png
    Regardless of where it hit, the arrow did what it was supposed to do and she was instantly smitten with him.
    "Oh invisible man, I'll follow you anywhere."

How are you going to do that honey if you can't see him?

yayqsA6.png
    "Your hands are so soft and lovely, you are so beautiful."
    *dreamy sigh*

XSnvT8Y.png
    (What the meow is going on here?)

MfgEqW2.png
    *Mew?*

3ae7CRy.png
    (Where did HE come from?)

What are you talking about kitty? Can you see invisible people?

xD4muzS.png
    Ah, Cale has suddenly manifested in front of the lady scientist to give her a kiss.

*Meow*
    (I think I need to lay off the catnip for awhile.)

Cale invited her back to his house to have some 'fun,' and when she left afterward he and Fox left as well to visit the lab again.

ufdaSZd.png
    Fox checked out the computer Cale had tried to fix and with his advanced knowledge of computer tech completed what he'd started. This time he was able to get around the encryption and safe guards to look at what was left on the hard drive. It wasn't much, but it was quite interesting anyway.

cWSn5Pa.png
    "You fixed it!"
    "YES! indeed I did!"

njDBvHv.png
    "How'd you do that? I couldn't do anything with it."
    "What can I say? I'm just that gooooood!"
    "Well alright then, awesome! Did you find anything?"

UmQ8O9w.png
    "I found a few things that might mean something. I think we should go back to the house and see if we can make any sense out everything we've found. I don't think there's anything else here that'll help us."
    "Sounds good to me, let's go."

u2RAwd0.png
    "Okay, so we're in agreement that it's some kind of plant infecting people, right?"
    "Yeah, definitely. But we knew that already. What we didn't know is they were working on a vaccine to cure the people infected by it."
    "What I want to know is why didn't they just get rid of the plant doing all this?"

FUuZ6xT.png
    "They couldn't, whenever they tried, it just made more plants. You must've missed that report. It said the 'Mother' plant seemed to have a survival gene that caused it to reproduce whenever one of the vaccines was used on it. They were looking for the right formula that would bypass that from happening."

"One of the last entries in a report I read said, "It seems hopeless. No matter what we have tried, it hasn't worked. We're running out of time." Whoever wrote it seemed frantic. Something happened soon after that last entry, they abandoned the lab. I would bet this 'Mother' plant is behind that locked door. We NEED to get a keycard for it and check it out for ourselves."

FNNgvfq.png
    "I think you're the one that can get it from a scientist or maybe military personnel."
    "Me?"
    "Yes, you could use your charm and seduce one of them. They'd give you anything you want."
    (With the help of your bow anyway.)

XgwUZs2.png
    "Are you kidding me? I can't charm anyone! I've been trying forever and still haven't gotten laid."
    (Yes you have, almost 100 times! So far...)

qmtpyPI.png
    "What about you? Why can't you do it Fox, huh? I bet you'd have way better luck than I could."

WmMCTsy.png
    "Plus, you can read minds too, right? At least that's what Erwin said. We never did talk about that Dude."
    "I can, but, I don't like to do it. You saw what happened when I disguised myself, it's 10 times worse for me reading minds. It dangerously depletes my energy if I do it too many times in a row.
    "Okay, well, then just don't do it too many times? Maybe you'd get lucky and find someone that has one right away?"
    "Maybe..."
    (Gah! It would be SO easy for him.)
    (He doesn't know that though. Tell him?)
    (No! I can't, not yet.)
    (I guess you're stuck then aren't you.)
    (Yeah...)
    "Okay, I'll try, but if I can't, then you'll try too. Deal?"

i8AiLWM.png
    "It's a deal! We're a team, we look out for each other, so yeah, I'll try too. Even though it hasn't worked in what feels like forever, maybe it will this time. It's worth a shot. IF you can't."

B11xGOQ.png
    "Thanks Fox, I wouldn't ask you to do this, usually I can charm the pants off anyone, but...well, you know."
    "It's alright Cale, I understand. I think you can do it though, I believe in you."
    "Pfft, I wish I had your optimism. I'm a little low on that myself these days."

dkv0cQZ.png
    "Maybe if this doesn't work for either one of us we could take all we've found to Erwin. He might be able to help."
    "The curio shop huckster? What makes you think that?"
    "I don't know, just a feeling. It's just a thought as a last resort in case we strike out."
    (You won't strike out Cale. But I'll do what you want, I owe it to you though you have no idea that I do.)
    "Alright, let's grab some dinner and then head into town."

"Right behind you Buddy, I'm starving!"
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited May 2022
    May 7 -It's The Weekend

the-house-is-a-mess.png
    FRIDAY
    The routine continued on Friday with Adam and Robin heading to work, and then everyone headed to class. It looks like they all left in a hurry, because no-one cleaned up. And Dylan is trying to finish his last essay and has to work in this filth. He worked on the essay a bit, but still had to edit it. He then decided to clean up the table, the living room, the other living room and upstairs. Geez! Plates were everywhere!

our-cowplant-has-died.png

After that, he decided he needed some fresh air and headed outside. And sad news was waiting to greet him for when Dylan went out to check on his garden, he found Foxy like this. Oh geez! Obviously the poor thing died of hunger. [Note: I put Foxy in the household inventory and will bring it out again in Strangerville. So who knows if it will come alive again there.]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

SATURDAY
    CALE-OFF-TO-HIS-WEEKEND-JOB.png

Cale headed off to his first day on the job. He's a Lawn Mower at Green Fist Garden Solutions, and his hours are Saturday & Sunday from 7am - Noon. Look at his determined stride! He is ready to make some simoleons.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

There was a Debate Showdown at the UBrite Quad this morning for the Debate Team, and Morgan was heading to that. It started at 8am and lasted until 2pm. Dylan had to finish editing his essay and told her he would meet her later. When Morgan arrived, she heard a voice behind her that she recognized.

MORGAN-YOU-ARE-LOOKING-GOOD-TODAY.png

Paolo: "Morgan? Is that you?"

Morgan: "Paolo? It's...it's good to see you again. What brings you to the University of Britechester?"

Paolo:"Well, I could ask you the same thing. But I'm actually here to take a skill class for my job. So, do you go here? Have you graduated high school now?"

Morgan: "Yes, I graduated high school and I'm taking History at the University of Britechester. I am just off to participate in the Debate Showdown. I made it on the UBrite Debate Team."

Paolo: "Wow! That sounds great! I didn't know you had graduated. So, not a teen anymore then?"

Morgan: "No, my birthday was last month."

YOUR-OLDER-NOW-I-THINK-WE-SHOULD-MAYBE-TAKE-UP-WHERE-WE-LEFT-OFF.png

Paolo: "Morgan...look...I'm sorry we didn't stay in touch after high school, but I've been so busy with work and everything. I did know that you were part of the Chain Breakers and won the Dance-Off Championship. I wish I had been there to see you dance. You always had some terrific moves..." he said and gave her an admiring look.

Morgan: "Yeah, thanks. It was really Dylan who won for our dance crew..."

Paolo: "Morgan, listen, there's so much to catch up on. Maybe we could...you know, grab a drink together and catch up on old times. You and I could have a late birthday celebration together. I'd....I'd really like to see you again..."

Morgan wasn't sure what to say. Seeing Paolo again brought up a lot of old memories and her cheeks were feeling rather flushed, "Sure...that sounds good. But, I have to get to the Debate Showdown right now," she said giving Paolo her number, "Give me a call and we'll work out our schedules..."

Paolo: "That sounds good, Morgan...really good. I'm going to be on campus for the next two weeks, so I'll see you around..."

I-DONT-KNOW-PAOLO.png

Morgan got on her bike and rode it over to where the Debate Showdown was being held and thought about her conversation with Paolo.

Paolo stood there thinking about Morgan after she'd left, "Geez, I was stupid. How could I have broken up with Morgan? She is even hotter than I remember her in high school. I wonder if she's single? Well, I'll find out when I see her for drinks. Maybe it was destiny that we saw each other today. Dang! Just thinking of kissing her is making me sweat. Oh geez! I have to get her back. And when I get her back, I am never going to let her go again..." And with those thoughts in his head, Paolo headed off to his skill class.

I-HAVE-TO-GET-HER-BACK.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Morgan made her way to the Debate area and told the judges that she would be participating in the Debate Showdown. They handed her a Debate outfit and she changed into it.

HERE-SHE-IS-READY-TO-DEBATE.png

DEBATE-SHOWDOWN-MORGAN.png

Morgan was called up next to debate "Are Cowplants cows or plants?" Morgan was happy she was chosen for this debate since Dylan had grown one of these cowplants in his garden. This was going to be easy.

dylan-comes-to-watch-morgans-debate.png

Morgan saw Dylan out in the crowd watching her and smiled.

morgan-wins-the-debate.png

And after a good argument by her opponent, Morgan wins the debate!

oh-yes-this-is-morgans-calling.png

Dylan came over to congratulate Morgan.

Morgan: "Dylan, you came to my debate! Did you see? I won!"

Dylan: "Yeah, I finished my essay and submitted it and came right over. You were great. Congratulations! It seemed fitting that you were doing a debate on cowplants since poor Foxy is just a big skeleton on the front yard now."

you-came-for-my-first-debate.png

Morgan: "Oh, I know. I think we all forgot to feed him. Poor thing. That's why I went with the "cow" debate. I mean, with all the rain we've been having, if Foxy was a plant, he would still have been alive. Right?"

Dylan: "Yeah, that's true."

Morgan: "But you were right, Dylan, I am rather good at debate. Plus I earned $335 simoleons for winning!"

Dylan: "Really? That's fantastic. Hey, are you free now? Because we're all going to head over to Foxbury Institute. There's a Spirit Day Event happening over there, and I thought I could show you around the campus."

Morgan: "Oh, that sounds like fun," she said hastily looking around UBrite Quad as if she was looking for someone.

Dylan: "Are you alright? You seem pre-occupied" Are you looking for someone?"

Morgan: "Um...no...I just...I just thought I saw someone in my class...but it wasn't them..."

you-are-so-right-i-am-good-at-debate.png

Morgan said she had to use the facilities before they left for Foxbury, so they headed into Darby's Den together.

paolo-watching-morgan.png

Paolo had finished his skill class and exited the building just in time to see Morgan walking with a male student towards UBrite Commons.

Paolo: "Hmmm...I wonder who that is? Perhaps I have some competition for Morgan. Maybe I'll stop by her place tomorrow afternoon and step things up a bit. Just keep it casual when I visit and then ask her on a date for next week. I'll text her tonight just to let her know I was thinking about her. I didn't realize how much I had missed her until I saw her again today. Oh yeah, I'm going to win her back..."

paolo-looking-after-morgan.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

I am using some Sims lore between Morgan Fyres and Paolo Rocco. In The Sims 4: Get Together Official Announce trailer. Paolo and Morgan are romantically involved. However, in The Sims 4 game, Morgan is initially a teen and Paolo is a young adult, and you can't have a romantic relationship between teens and young adults in The Sims 4.

So, Morgan's Backstory is that when Morgan was in her freshman (1st) year of high school, and Paolo was in his senior (final) year of high school, they met at the Ancient Ruins during a party. Paolo, at that time, DJ'd part-time, and he saw Morgan dancing on the dance floor.

paolo-dj.png

morgan-and-paolo-at-the-ancient-ruins.png

she-caught-his-eye-the-moment-he-saw-her.png

The attraction between them was immediate.

polo-looking-at-morgan-at-ancient-ruins-rev.png

morgan-xoming-towards-paolo.png

They started going out that night, and had quite a steamy romantic relationship. Paolo was on the high school football team, and was very popular with the female sims, but he had an exclusive relationship with Morgan.

morgan-and-paolo.png

Because of some connections Paolo had, he and Morgan were also in a music video together to promote Windenburg.

they-were-in-a-dance-video-together.png

Paolo and Morgan were very serious about each other, but when Paolo graduated high school, things changed. Paolo started a new job in the athletic career. He worked weird hours and really wanted to focus on his career because his dream was to be a professional athlete. So, after talking it over, he and Morgan broke up.

paolo-breaking-up-with-morgan.png

Even though it was a mutual decision (was it?), Morgan took it hard.

morgan-not-happy.png

Although they agreed to remain friends, Paolo became involved with Partihaus, and his work, and started to hang around sims his own age and didn't really hang around Morgan anymore because she was still a teen. Shortly after the break-up, Morgan auditioned for the Starlights, and didn't get in. With the break-up and the dance crew rejection, it was a very difficult period in Morgan's life.

morgan-and-wolfgang-friends.png

The only sim who was really there for her during this time, was her longtime friend, neighbor, and Renegades club member, Wolfgang Munch. So, Wolfgang knows that Paolo Rocco is Morgan's ex-boyfriend from high school.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Some photos in Morgan's backstory are stills taken from the video. Watch the trailer here:

The Sims 4 Get Together Official Announce Trailer
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    *Updated my May 7th post above! I'll get started on comments/replies but probably won't finish them until later this morning. It's late and I need to get some rest. Tomorrow (today actually in my time zone) is Mother's Day here in the states. I don't know if our kids have anything planned, but if they do, it might be later in the evening instead when I get a chance to again post. Hope y'all had a great day/night and Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there that celebrate the holiday! <3
    edited May 2022
    Hi all! Comment time! Hope everyone has a great day/night.

@Karababy52 -
    May 7 - Congrats on Cale's promotion! Woot! And so funny with Cale being the invisible man and that cat seeing it all! Oh my gosh! Yes, through the eyes of a cat! hehehe That was funny. And then they head back to the lab, and Fox finds some more info on the computer. After much discussion, they figure out it's some type of plant that is infecting sims, and they need a keycard to get through the door.
    I laughed laugh at this line "Thanks Fox, I wouldn't ask you to do this, usually I can charm the pants off anyone, but...well, you know.": Oh yes, so true! lol Happy Mother's Day to you, too :)

@RememberJoy -
    May 7 -Adam heads over to give his spores to the scientist and she introduces him to her friend, Lydia, who then takes the spores and says she will analyze them. Then Adam decides to head to the curio shop to see if Erwin might have a hazmat suit. Oh geez...$1000 simoleons for a hazmat suit! Whoa! Poor Adam had to use a credit card to pay for it. And then he had some relaxation playing his violin in the desert. Maybe those plants are soothed by the sounds. Oh I wish it were that easy.
  • DramaticJedi5DramaticJedi5 Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2022
    Thank you for your comments. Krista will be on the gallery in a minute or so under the same username as here. Update. She’s on the Gallery.
    Post edited by DramaticJedi5 on
    May 8th: Hazmat suit acquired

Today's Accomplishment:
    - Assemble the Hazmat suit

SEHJGkn.png
    Note: I spent Mother's Day with my mom and aunts so I don't have a lot of energy for much of a story today, so I'll keep it simple.

We started the day with yoga again (of course).
    HqcY855.png
    Then I went for a run.
    xs6TrgF.png
    When I got back, I checked the mail and found the Spore Filter waiting for me!
    vuVgmSI.png
    I attached it to the hazmat suit and tried it on.
    SEHJGkn.png
    I think I'll attempt another dive into the lab tomorrow, but today I wanted to complete the song I'd started writing the night before. While I did that, Kaori checked out the book I'd bought at the curio shop and Carol worked on her practical magic.
    eL3WjhG.png
    It took me until late at night to finally complete it, but I felt quite satisfied with myself when I finished it and named it StrangerVille. It's a nice folksy sounding song with a mysterious refrain pulling it together. Maybe I'll see if a local radio broadcaster is interesting in leasing it, it would help pay for the hazmat suit at least.
    edited May 2022
    May - Day 8: "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours..."

Ps7mrGK.png

Notes
    SonE6hs.png
    Cale couldn't sleep, his mind was too busy with questions about the lab and especially what was behind that door. When he got up to do some research on the door's security system, he heard Fox moving around in his room. Apparently he couldn't sleep either. Since they were both up anyway, they decided to head into town now rather than wait until daylight.

When they arrived, Cale noticed the Library was open! He wondered why since usually it was closed at this late hour. Walking inside they saw a couple scientists, but otherwise it was completely abandoned. While they stood looking around, one of the scientists stood up from a computer station and as they watched transfixed over what was happening, she went through a scary and painful looking transformation into one of the zombie plant people.

It was especially disturbing to watch since she was heavily pregnant.

eojGr8L.png
    Fox walked over and tried to talk to her, but it was no use. He couldn't make sense of most of what she said since her 'words' were mostly gibberish. Except when talking about 'Mother.'

CSXfPci.png
    Fox felt a little bad for giving her a few slaps to hopefully wake her up from the sinister spell she was under, but they needed a keycard and she most likely had one.

m3fzkvH.png
    "Thank you young man, I'm so ashamed."
    "It's not your fault, you have nothing to be ashamed about. I hope I didn't hurt you, are you alright now?"
    "It IS my fault, but I won't get into that. Anyway, I'm fine, well, I'm not fine, but you didn't hurt me, you saved me. At least for tonight. This is the first night in a long time I haven't had to endure the affects of this nightmare for hours at a time. Now I can at least get some more work done. My name is Cherish, is there something I can help you with?"
    "I'm Fox, nice to meet you and yes, I do have an urgent request."

Fox shared with her all that he and Cale had discovered and asked if she had a keycard they could 'borrow.' Unfortunately, with nervous looks all around the room she denied having one, thanked him one more time and excused herself to walk over by the bookshelves. Fox didn't believe it, but he knew how to find out the truth.

d3iIvYo.png
    teM5fCD.png
    "I know you have one, please, we must have it. I'll return it to you if it's your only one."
    "What did you do to me? Who are you? Or should I say, what are you?" Cherish asked looking at Fox with amazement and a little fright in her eyes.

Somehow Cherish remembered Fox probing her mind. This was highly unusual. Humans weren't supposed to be able to do that, only aliens. He wondered if perhaps since she'd been infected, her DNA had been compromised by the alien plant. It saddened him, but now he had no choice. He had to wipe her memory.

xAv4zcp.png
    BAtE9TC.png
    Introductions were made between the two again, but this time Fox didn't ask her about the keycard. When he was reading her mind, he found in the forefront her worries over the health of her baby and the possibility of losing her job. He didn't want to stress her out anymore. He also discovered that the baby was Cale's. He should've known.

After they'd been chatting for a few minutes, he felt comfortable in asking when she was due to have the baby.

gMYzIsb.png
    "Any day now! I'm so glad, the baby has been moving around so much, makes it hard to sleep. Oh! The baby's moving right now, would you like to feel it. I don't mind."
    "Really? You'd let a complete stranger do that?"
    "You're not a stranger anymore Fox, it's alright."
    "Well, okay..."

FSn84Oo.png
    Fox lay his hands gently on her burgeoning stomach and waited. A moment later, the baby seemed to punch out at one of his hands and then as he watched, the baby seemed to flip over, moved lower and kicked his other hand.
    "Incredible, I think the baby did a somersault. Wow!"
    "Yeah my little one likes to do that, like I said, very active."
    "Does it hurt?"
    "No, just a bit uncomfortable when the baby punches or kicks me in the ribs."
    "I bet. Thank you so much for allowing me to experience that. I hope you have a smooth delivery once the time comes. I'm sure you will. Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?"
    "I don't. I had an ultrasound, but I asked the technician to keep it a secret. I better get back to work now. It was nice meeting you Fox."

k8UgGWN.png
    "It was a pleasure meeting you too Cherish."
    "You're a very sweet young man and I hope we can remain friends."
    "I'd like that."

They exchanged numbers and then Cherish surprised him with a hug before she took one of his hands, squeezed it and walked away with a smile.

hTuBDnJ.png
    "I tried Cale. She has one, but she would never give it to anyone. She's too worried about losing her job and not being able to support herself and the baby."
    "It's okay, I kind of figured that out when you did something else to her after reading her mind. What did you do?"
    "I had to wipe her memory, she remembered I'd done it. That's not supposed to happen."
    "Oh, okay. It looks painful when you do that, is it?"
    "I don't know if I'd say painful, more like...stunning? Paralyzing? It's hard to explain. I'd do it to you to help you understand, but you wouldn't remember so there's no point."
    "Yeah, it's okay, I get it."
    "Alright, well I guess you're up now. Reading minds is draining for me, but wiping one's memory is even more so. I'd probably pass out if I tried to read another mind tonight. There's another scientist walking our way, I'll go upstairs and do some research, give you some privacy while you charm her."
    "Charm her, yeah, right. I'll try. Wish me luck!"
    (You won't need it.)
    "Good luck Buddy."

1OXRFuP.png
    "Hi, my name's Cale. I wonder if I might ask you a favor? If you can help me, I'll do something for you in return."
    "Hello Cale, I'm Molly. As for the favor, it depends on what it is you want from me."

Cale explained that he was a Biologist and how he'd been doing research about the bizarre plants in the area and had traveled to the abandoned lab with Fox. He told her their suspicions and how he needed a keycard to see what was behind the secured steel door.

HCGoEI9.png
    "Alright, I just happen to have an extra. Normally I wouldn't do this, but since you're a collogue, in a way, I'll make an exception for you. I must warn you though, what's behind that door is dangerous. Please, be extremely careful. You could get infected."
    (Wow, that was easy!)
    "Thank you so much, I'll be careful. I have to ask though, why did everyone abandon the lab in such a hurry?"
    "Well...it's...probably best you see it for yourself to understand. Just, be careful and good luck. I hope it answers your questions. Maybe you'll be the one to find a solution. I certainly hope so for all our sakes."

pi1EWlZ.png
    "Thank you again, good luck to you as well. Now, is there anything I can do for you in thanks?"
    "Hmm, I can think of one thing I'd like very much from you handsome."
    "Anything, just name it."

WGrQ3qu.png
    "How about a kiss?" She asked in a husky voice, cozying up to Cale.

noUeLPK.png
    Cale was more than happy to oblige. He left her breathless and wanting more. With a coy look she suggested they take a walk around the building together. He, of course, knew exactly what she had in mind and where they were going.

LWa9nYW.png
    LXqE6KW.png
    "Do you think anybody saw or heard us?"
    "I hope not."
    "Gawd, this baby, the hormones, I normally don't do stuff like this, but I get so, so...'worked up,' to put it politely, I just want it so bad, I can't control it."
    (I can't believe I just did that...with a pregnant woman. I've never done that before. Why do I feel so guilty? It's not like I've never took a romp with a woman I just met before, I have, lots of times. My old fight club might as well have been called a woo hoo club.)

axcaHUI.png
    "Listen, I like you and everything, but, well...do you think we could just be friends? You...didn't want anything more from me, did you?"
    "Oh no, don't worry, it's fine. I understand. I don't need a relationship right now, I have enough to handle already. It was just a bit of fun, that's all."

MYXDbrt.png
    "Okay, I'm sorry. I...you don't think I...hurt the baby or anything, did I? I'm guessing it's okay since you suggested it."
    "Cale, you're a biologist, you should know it's okay."
    "I am, but a plant biologist, I didn't study much about things like that. I just want to make sure you're alright. I never meant to hurt you or the baby if I did."

U1MTPdT.png
    "Oh, oh just listen to you? My heart...you are such a sweetheart. It's fine, I'm fine, the baby's fine. Don't worry. You definitely did not hurt me or the baby, just gave me incredible pleasure. Couldn't you tell from all the screaming I did?"

DW4oJhY.png
    "Well, yeah, I kind of figured you were screaming because you liked it, but I wanted to make sure."
    "Oh believe me, I was thoroughly enjoying it. You're an incredibly passionate and unselfish lover Cale."
    "Uh, thanks? I guess." Cale said with a half smirk. He still felt so guilty about it, but at least he didn't hurt her or the baby, and he got a keycard in the bargain. That was good, right?

With one last hug, Molly and Cale walked together back into the Library. Molly said she had a lot of work to do and he wanted to find Fox and tell him the 'good' news.

CLbciAK.png
    "I got a keycard Fox. But I don't feel very good about how I got it. I feel guilty for some reason. Why is that? I don't get it. It's like I cheated on someone, you know? But who? Someone from my past? The girl in my dream? I just don't know. Do you mind if we just go now? I don't feel so good."
    "Yeah, we can go. I'm so sorry Cale."
    "Hey, it's not your fault, you tried first. You didn't know what Molly would want me to do and I didn't want you to pass out or anything. Are you okay now?"
    (Gawd, now I feel guilty. Why do I keep letting this happen?)
    (You know he'll remember her, right?)
    (I know, maybe I should wipe his memory of her. It's the kind thing to do really.)
    (Why? She'll remember too. You'd have to wipe her memory as well.)
    (*sigh* What a mess.)
    "Yeah, I'm okay, mostly. I do feel a little woozy, but not bad. Let's go home."

VSwuxmY.png
    (I'm so sorry Cale. I don't deserve your friendship.)

5Tr0SGE.png
    They had been at the Library for so long, the sun was slowly rising now as they made their way back home.

By the way, this library/information center is a very recent build by lilsimsie. I just remodeled it a little on the outside and quite a bit on the inside. The structure is mostly the original though, except I removed access to a 'secret' area and the objects in there. It's quite a stark difference from the original Maxis made build, but I like it better.
    I apologize for it, but the story part of my update for the 8th will have to wait until later this morning/early afternoon. I got a late start due to Mother's Day. I have my screenshots, but I still need to write for them and I'm exhausted. Hope y'all had a great day/night! <3
    edited May 2022
    May 8 - Fun At Foxbury Institute

they-all-go-to-foxbury-and-robin-is-in-her-work-suit.png
    SATURDAY - Part 2

Everyone met at the Foxbury Quad for Spirit Day. Robin was still in her bathing suit from her job, and she told them all that she got a promotion! She is now a Wave Watcher! Congrats Robin!

promo-for-robin.png

foxbury-school-spirit.png

Everyone headed to the port-a-potties and changed into their Spiritwear! Yes! Looking good.

they-all-come-to-foxbury-for-spirit-day.png

There was a a ping pong table set up, and Morgan, Wolfgang and Velma headed towards that.

dylan-chatting-with-spirit-day-guy.png

Dylan was chatting with another Foxbury student. It looks like Adam is doing some juggling in the background. DJ seems to be heading towards that ping pong table.

i-think-someone-has-catught-cales-eye.png

Ooh! And it looks like a sim has caught Cale's eye.

djs-tummy-is-gurgling.png

DJ and Wolfgang chat and DJ's stomach is growling. The poor guy is hungry.

robin-ordered-some-food.png

DJ is not the only one who was hungry. Robin grabs some food from the food vendor. Oh, I hope she chose a vegetarian dish.

velma-and-adam-play-juice-pong.png

Velma and Adam play juice pong, and by the looks of it, Velma is winning. [Note: Sorry, didn't get a screenie of the final score, but I am pretty sure Velma won, and considering what happens later on to Adam, I am sure she did.]

robin-with-larry-the-lobster.png

Hanging around with Larry the Lobster.

morgan-and-wolfgang.png

Morgan and Wolfgang kick a soccer ball together. Wow! Look at those kicking skills!

dylan-meets-some-of-his-other-teammates.png

Wolfgang and Dylan walk over to Larry's Lagoon and Dylan sees Aldo, and some of his other teammates. He introduces Wolfgang to them.

one-of-dylans-soccer-mates.png

Dylan talks soccer strategies with one of his teammates, Leinani Topsana.

kicking-he-ball-with-leilani.png

And then they decide to do a bit of soccer practice. And even in a skirt, Leinani can really kick that ball.

i-just-kissed-my-tammate.png

Oh geez! Dylan! What happened? One minute you're kicking it with your teammate and the next you're kissing her? Sheesh! Well, we all know how that kiss went. Gah!

running-to-the-soccer-game.png

And then suddenly, it's time to head to the UBrite Arena for the Soccer Game, and Dylan and his teammates run off.

robin-is-off-to-watch-dylan-play.png

Robin runs after them as she bought a ticket ($45 simoleons) to watch and cheer the game. Afterall, she is a Foxbury student. Go Foxbury!

soccer-dylan.png

During the game, Dylan is chasing an opponent and has a choice. He can either steal the ball or feign a foul by diving. Dylan feels pretty confident in his skills, and decides to steal the ball.

superior-soccer-skills-dylan.png

And that did it! Dylan and his teammates won the soccer match! Woot!

dylan-won-the-game.png
    dylan-won-yes.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    wolfgang-running-off-to-esports-match.png

Almost at the same time, Wolfgang had to run off to an E-Sports Simshuffle Match at the Foxbury Arena.

wolfgang-won-his-epoirts-match.png

And Wolfgang and his Team win the SimShuffle Match. Woot!
    esports-win-for-wolf.png

He even gets some free Power-Sip promo drinks. Yes!
    from-winning-egames-tournament.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As Dylan, Wolfgang and Robin were all occupied, the rest of the crew decided to head over to Larry's Lagoon to check it out. And, much to their surprise, there was an announcement that there was a Mixer Night tonight! Woot! This is the best Saturday ever!

mixer-night-sat-night.png

morgan-and-bryon.png

Morgan sees Bryon near the cafeteria, and chats. She notices a keg and Bryon tells her that they do this all the time. And the most terrific thing is to try to do a keg stand.

morgan-wants-to-do-a-key-stand-with-dylan.png

Dylan returns from his game, and joins the conversation. Morgan asks Dylan if he could help her do a keg stand. Sure, no problem...right Dylan?

lets-see-if-he-holds-her-up.png

Oh wow! And look at Dylan's muscles at work! I think he has it!

i-think-she-might-be-good.png

oh-geez-he-dropped-her.png

Oh no! Dylan's hand slipped!

ok-dylan-not-good.png

yeah-morgan-you-should-have-gone-with-bryon.png

Oh geez! And Dylan can't help laughing. You dropped her, Dylan! Why are you laughing?

dylan-is-laughing.png

Look! Even the cafeteria worker came running over to see if Morgan was alright, and you're laughing? Sheesh!

ok-well-that-is-the-last-time-i-ask-you.png

Dylan helps her up and tries to hold in his laughter.

Dylan: "Oh my gosh! You're a slippery little thing. I'm so sorry, Morgan...my hand slipped...and then you just...oh gosh! That was a hoot! So funny! I'm sorry, but it was really funny. I wish someone had videotaped that...."

Morgan looked at him grumbling, "Well, my tailbone doesn't think it's so funny. That's the last time I ask you to do a keg stand with me. I knew I should have asked Bryon..."

oops-bryon-you-need-practice.png

Morgan looked around for Bryon, and it looks like he isn't having any better luck helping Robin do a keg stand. And she falls, too. Oops!

nope-didnt-work-either.png

Morgan: "Well, I know someone who won't drop me. Wolfgang! Oh yeah! I'll show you I can do a keg stand!"

Morgan just looks at Dylan as she is hoisted up by Wolfgang...and then promptly dropped.

Morgan shaking her head and rubbing her tailbone: "Sheesh! All you guys with your muscles and you can't even hold me up for a keg stand! I mean I am not that heavy! Unbelievable!"

Dylan: "Ah...come on...I'll be better...I promise...give me another chance..."

Morgan: "No way! I have been dropped enough. I am just going to grab a cup of juice the regular way..."

Dylan: "Or maybe you can get your cup of juice another way. A more creative way. Come and play some juice pong with me. I heard it's fun! But...well...on second thought...maybe you're not up for it...you know, being so sore and all..." he said winking at her.

Morgan: "Hmph...no, not THAT sore...but you know I'm going to win. And I am doing this purely for medicinal purposes, to, um...ease the pain of my tailbone."

Dylan: "Right! I'll have to remember this remedy for next time!'

Morgan: "I am filling your juice glasses up to the top...you are going to lose and are going to get sooo wasted...and then fall down on you butt and pass out...and when you wake up, you'll wonder why your tailbone hurts so much...Oh yeah! Then you'll know how I feel!"

They both laughed.

right-in-the-cup.png

They headed over to the ping pong table and boom! Dylan plops a ball right in Morgan's cup.

Dylan laughed, "You do know I am rather good with balls, right? I mean I just won the soccer match..."

Morgan: "That means nothing...prepare to grovel..." she said as she drank her cup of juice. Geez! That's strong!

bummer-of-a-time.png

And then she cried. Dang that Dylan!

watching-the-pink-pong-game.png

And Morgan gets one in! Yes!

i-think-morganis-losing.png

Dylan downs the cup of juice and smiles sheepishly at her.

Dylan: "And this is for the win!" he says as he lightly tosses the ball right into her cup. Oh geez! It's over. Dylan wins 4-2.

dylan-wins-at-pink-pong.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

more-fun-together.png

It looks like Aaron, Hunter and Savannah have arrived. Wow! Look at all the juice kegs! How many kegs did they have at this mixer?

aaron-in-complaining-about-something-to-savannah.png

Aaron is over near the cafeteria bemoaning the cost of textbooks to @Carebear92 Savannah.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

cale-is-putting-the-moves-on-that-girl-he-met-this-afternoon.png

And Cale seems to be putting some moves on the sim he met on the field earlier at Spirit Day.

i-think-cale-struck-out.png

Oh geez! That didn't go too well.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

fun-times-at-larrys-lagoon.png

DJ is tapping another keg.

nope-robin-is-down-again.png

Robin is one determined gal, and now asks DJ to hoist her up for a keg stand. But...nope...she gets dropped again. Poor Robin!

oh-gosh-poor-roin.png

DJ how could you?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

morgan-and-aaron-play-some-ping-pong.png

Morgan and Aaron play some ping pong together.
    aaron-wins-at-ping-pong.png

Morgan might be good at debate, but she sure is bad at ping pong. And Aaron wins the game 3-1.

i-think-adam-might-be-too-juiced.png

Morgan talks to Wolfgang about her terrible ping pong skills. And, oh gosh! Look at Adam...it looks like he may have had a bit too much juice. He looks totally wasted!

yep-adam-has-pased-out.png

Yep! And sure enough, Adam passes out. I guess the PAR-TAY is over.

Since it was quite late, and the Mixer Party was over, a lot of the roomies decided that they were going to head back to the house. Both Robin and Cale have work in the morning, so they are one of the first to leave. Dylan tells Morgan that Aaron and Hunter invited him back to their dorm, so Dylan was going to head over to Briny Tower for a quick tour and then head home after that. DJ and Wolfgang help Adam up and try to steady him between them, as they begin to walk and weave their way home. Morgan and Velma, who are more sober than Wolfgang, DJ and most definitely Adam, shout out the Britechester cheer for all to hear as they trail behind. And they all somehow make it safely back to the house.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

And again, took this screenie almost a week after Dylan kissed her.

leinani-topasna.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

One of the things I wanted to add to the university grounds was a gym; however, Mossy Lane (Pleasant Family) was already replaced with Chester House for the other challenge sims, and Honeydew Fields is where Dylan and the other roomies live. I didn't want to replace the Elderberry Residence with a gym, as they are housing the Pleasant sisters, and Cameron Fletcher, Becca Clarke and Julia Wright. Term 2 I will have all of these students enroll in uni and place them back in residence (they are currently on probation). Since Foxbury Commons or Larry's Lagoon is such a large space, I felt I could build a small gym there.

gaming-mats-yoga-mats.png

small-gym-at-foxbury.png

Some minor changes to Larry's Lagoon. On the first floor, I made a small gym, which fit perfectly under the stairs. Also added a game console at the tv area, 2 MotionMonitor Gaming Mats and a yoga mat. A shower was added to the bathroom area in between the sinks, and put some paper towel and hand sanitizer items near the sinks. Also added a Corporate Fridge Raider vending machine for when the cafeteria is closed, and a few bulletin boards and Foxbury flags on the walls.

On the second floor, added more tables and computers, another chess table, an easel, woodworking table, bookshelf, and a debating area.

level-2-foxbury-commons-robotics-area.png

few-more-workstations-and-an-easel.png

upper-back-foxbury-commons-adds.png
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited May 2022
    May 6th Comments:

@afai1261
    Aww, congrats to Aaron and Hunter. Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for their wedding. Ouch on Adonis stumbling in on the two...lol! That face. He wanted some of his own what Aaron and Hunter were having. :lol:
    My StrangerVille arc will be similar to Discover University with a bunch of Challenge Sims in the same household. I think you'll enjoy it. :smile:

@SoulGal7
    D.J. the laptop breaker...lol! And Dylan autonomously doing an enchanting introduction with Lily! :joy: She was like, "Uh...no!" and left. Maybe married Sims are immune to Dylan's curse. :tongue:
    I had to laugh as Robin and Estelle constantly went out to go swimming (as they are mermaids). Even after graduation, there went Robin to go swimming. I was hoping to get D.J. to have a selfie of all of them in their gowns, but Robin had other plans. :lol:

@Shadami
    All them staring at each other. :joy: Seems Velma has the hots for Cale, though. Interesting that the Goths have an alien looking baby and it's Mortimer's. It probably is the alien genes in Bella as she seems to keep disappearing and most likely getting abducted.

@Karababy52
    Yeah, D.J. received a 2k simoleons bonus. That helped get half of the loan back he had to pay for the University. As for objects, he didn't get any of the Writing Career perks that came before the Investigative Journalist title. When it comes to storytelling, having rabbit-hole jobs is no fun. So I try and work around it by showing off their rabbit-hole job in story form.

Edit: Oh, I am wrong. D.J. did receive his perks. They were in the household inventory. I was looking in his personal inventory. There's a lot of stuf in there I didn't realize D.J. has. :lol:
    That is pretty evening scene in StrangerVille for a daily image.

I find it amazing that as each new phone is released, they seem to get larger and larger. I don't know why, but I've never gotten rid of any of my phones. I have them all stored away. Looking back at my first phone, it's such a tiny little flip phone compared to the one I have now which I kind of wish it was a flip phone with how huge it looks. :lol:

@RememberJoy
    Nothing like a good date night where the bathroom sink has alien vines creeping out and military personnel interrupt your game time. :joy:

May 7th Comments:

@RememberJoy
    Hmm...the original scientist who wanted Adam to collect the spores is now taking time off. I wondered what happened. But she has a scientist friend who is willing to finish the project now that Adam brough the spores. I wonder if the military know about that curio shop....ha ha ha! :joy:

@Karababy52
    Oh my gosh! I was laughing throughout this. First, the invisible Cale. Then he shoots the scientist with an arrow on the top of the head. I guess since she was a scientist, her brains were the beauty. Then the cat. Ha, ha! The expressions on it.

@SoulGal7
    Uh oh. I see trouble brewing with Paolo. I like the backstory you made with Morgan and Paolo. I hope she remembers it and rejects him and "just wants to be friends". But I guess I'll have to wait and see how this drama unfolds. :lol:

May 8th Comments:

@RememberJoy
    Adam looks good in his hazmat suit. Too bad it wasn't green like he was hoping. :joy:

@Karababy52
    I know you're still going to write the story behind the daily image, but I do like it. the clock tower at the top of the building reminds me of Back to the Future. :wink:
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-apr25.jpg
    April 25: Work Hard in Silence, Let Your Success Be Your Noise!

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. Pretty boring life when most of the day is working and doing chores.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited May 2022
    *Updated my May 8th post above! I got a little delayed with this because it's so beautiful and warm outside here today. Anyway, I'll get started on comments/replies next. Might be awhile before they are posted since Hubby has a lot of outside 'honey do' projects going on for us. I hope y'all are having a fantastic day/night! <3
  • DramaticJedi5DramaticJedi5 Posts: 60 Member
    h2q0brydf08w.jpeg
    9th May.
    7783pe767yvm.jpeg
    Krista enjoyed her first day at school.
    xgxaul5b6zeh.jpeg
    She decided to try the piano again and started to get higher tips. She fell asleep almost instantly after she finished.
    uohb36719q48.jpeg
    She asked for the free chips. (Invisible chips.)
    7uko3r3k5wfl.jpeg
    She harvested a few plants and got started with planting seeds on her small lot.
    @SoulGal7
    Oh man, I couldn't believe it when she whipped out that bag of trash! Hilarious! Obviously she has some kind of Eco Living trait.

hehehe Well it certainly looked like she was going to jump on him and bite him or something, so since I was calling them zombies anyway, I went with that thought for Cale. ;) Not sure about this company either. It's kind of weird they never want him to come to the 'office,' only do tasks for them and mail them. They probably can't get anyone else to do samples or something. Perhaps they're scared of getting infected? Hmmm...

I know right? I sure wouldn't eat anything at an abandoned lab like that either. o.O I guess Cale is either brave, incredibly confident he knows what he's doing or has no common sense. Take your pick! ;)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that isn't exactly tech savvy. :) I understand about the finances. We're both retired now so on a very fixed income. We bought these phones on sale from the phone service provider we use. Since they're kind of old for smartphones, we got a deal! By old, I mean old to everyone else with the latest, but they're new tech for us. ;) Both phones are set up now, so we're good. It was a bit of struggle trying stuff by trial and error, but as I'm fond of saying, "Everything always works out in the end." <3

Awww, darn, Foxy bit the big one. Bummer. At least for you and Dylan. I would've personally been cheering! :D Maybe it will come alive again in StrangerVille, happened to Beast if you remember. o.O Have fun at work Cale!

Oh dear, Paolo and Morgan. I should've known she had a boyfriend in the past. Very cool how you used the Maxis lore for this. Interesting how she agreed to meet with him for drinks. Looks like he's thinking it'll be something more than just a friendly get together with a friend. At least he's hoping for that. Dude, I have a feeling you're barking up the wrong tree. o.O

Good job winning your debate and getting some simoleans for it Morgan! Awww, of course Dylan was there to see her win. :) Uh oh, she lied to Dylan. This just keeps getting more interesting, especially since Paolo saw her with Dylan and it just compounded his resolve to win her back. Love the backstory you developed for Morgan and Paolo using Maxis lore as I said above. Very cool!

That cat was so darn cute! He just came rolling up out of nowhere. I've never seen one in the game sit on it's hind legs like that, which was funny enough. Then he made that shocked face and I about fell out of my chair laughing. :D Oh yeah, Cale's got quite the reputation with the ladies. Even without his alien given help with that bow, he was a charmer in his life before. :)

Looks like everyone had a blast at Spirit Day and the Mixer! Well, maybe not Morgan and Robin so much since they kept getting dropped when trying to do keg stands and losing at ping pong too. Aww, too bad your flirtation bombed with that Sim Cale. Ah well, there's plenty of other 'fish' in the sea. ;) Oh dear, yeah, I'd say Adam's had one too many drinks. hehe

Great job with adding the gym and other remodeling done to Larry's Lagoon. Looks great! :)

Not surprised Dylan kissed that Sim, what I am surprised about is he didn't try to kiss any others. Like perhaps the Sim that turned down Cale's advances. hehe Unless he's already kissed her? Yay! Congrats to Dylan and his team and also Wolfgang and his for winning their games! Good job guys!

@Dramaticjedi5

Thank you for putting Krista on the Gallery! I'll grab her when I go in game later tonight and update the main post with a link afterward. :)

@LegacySims2017
    Ah, very cool he got half his loan simoleans back! I figured he had to have gotten all the career level rewards. I apologize, I should've made it clear they would be in the household inventory, not personal inventory, unless it's something small or a painting. Glad you found them! :)

Same here with the phones, we have all ours too, including one that has a teeny tiny 1x1 screen on it. LOL! This new one has a 5.7 screen, it's freakin' HUGE! I'm starting to love it though. Our eyes aren't the best anymore, so it's nice to have a larger screen. :) Can't wait until our cases arrive for them though. They're so slippery! o.O Thanks about the image too, I love StrangerVille, it's so beautifully scenic. <3

hehe That entire post was funny, loved everything that happened. You just can't make this stuff up! Thanks game!

Yes! It reminded me of that series of movies too, some of my all-time favorite movies. Love that build. lilsimsie did a good job with it. I just had to change a few things though, her taste in décor is a bit different than mine, but the structure is incredibly good in my opinion. It fits perfectly in Strangerville. :)

Yep, life for our Sims can be a bit of a routine at times. Things will pick up for him soon though. :)
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-apr26.jpg
    April 26: Good ol' Times!

Special Appearance By: Adam Strong ( @RememberJoy )
    Adam Strong arrives home from the University bright and early. He's got a term off before starting back up again as a yoga instructor. D.J tells Adam of his exciting new job as an investigative journalist. Adam is proud of him and cheers him on.

"I wish I could have taken a yoga class as an elective, but my plate was full." D.J. tells Adam.
    "That would have been fun, but I understand. Teaching is no easy business either. Having to grade papers and get ready for the next class was a handful in itself. But I did meet someone. Her name is Kaori. She was in a couple of my classes I was teaching. Didn't you tell me you met someone while you were in that magical place?"
    "Yeah, her name is Paige. I took her on a couple dates and introduced her to my dormmates at the University. I thought I would scare her off like I did Caitlin. But I think she likes me."
    "That's great. We should do a double date sometime."

dj-04-170.jpg

"How about a bit of yoga and meditating before you go to work and do some investigative reporting?" Adam asks D.J.
    "Sure, I could use some stretching and mind clearing." D.J. replies.

Both Adam and D.J. change into their sweats and go to Adam's yoga room. Adam takes D.J. through a few routines to limber up and then the two use the meditation seats for a bit of quiet time to clear the mind.

dj-04-171.jpg
    dj-04-172.jpg
    dj-04-173.jpg
    dj-04-174.jpg

At work, D.J. approaches his boss. He's enjoyed writing books for the local library and having Aicha mentor him, but now that he's a college graduate, it was time to expand. It was going to be a tough call, but he had to try.

"Hi, Olivia. As you are aware that I have written a few books during my high school time and they were put out for purchase in the library here in Windenburg. I would like to go bigger and see if I could write about my college days and have Walrus Books publish it. It's only been a few days on the job, but I love working here."
    "Your job is to be a journalist, not an author." Olivia replies.
    "I understand that. I wouldn't use my time here to write. It would all be done off the clock. I would spend my personal time writing."
    "Pull something together and then give it to Misael, who you met on your first day here. Let him know we talked. If he doesn't approve or want to publish it, that is his decision. He will have the final say. And you best not let this affect your work here as well. I'd hate to lose such a talented Sim as yourself so soon."
    "I promise I won't let this get in the way of my work here at Walrus Books."

dj-04-175.jpg

After work, D.J. spends the rest of his evening working on his new book.

dj-04-176.jpg
    dj-04-177.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    May 9 - Adventures in Briny Tower

dylan-enjoyin-some-juice.png
    SATURDAY - Part 3

Dylan had changed into some other clothes and grabbed a last glass of juice as everyone was starting to leave. He was waiting for Aaron to finish the ping pong game with Morgan and thought he would just head upstairs. He found Wolfgang sitting at the computer practicing his Simshuffle, so Dylan sat down and tried his hand at a game. too. Dylan got so involved in his game that he didn't even notice that Wolfgang had left. Oh gee! He better head downstairs and see where Aaron was.

dylan-and-wolf-upstairs-playing-video-games.png

When he descended the stairs, Larry's Lagoon was pretty deserted. He couldn't see Aaron anywhere and figured that he had already gone back to his dorm. Dylan was about to walk out the door when a sim caught his eye. Her name was Yumi Ueda, and she was a UBrite Physics student.

yumi-under-his-spell.png

and-another-one.png

And in no time at all, Yumi was under Dylan's spell. And since Dylan was under the curse...Boom! He kissed her. And besides having that horrible garlic taste from the kiss, he felt sticky. Ugh! Yumi must have spilled some juice over herself and she got it on him. Luckily, he had another sweatshirt in his gym bag in the locker. And so he went to change again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

BRINY TOWERS - AARON & HUNTER'S DORM RESIDENCE

When he was finally changed for a second time, Dylan walked over to Briny Tower, and after getting checked in, took the elevator to Aaron's floor.

coming-to-visit-aaron-in-his-dorm.png

When he got there, he couldn't see Aaron right away and thought that he might be chatting with some other students in one of their rooms. He noticed that the dorm had a lot of female students, and soon, Dylan's curse took over, and he became very acquainted with all these ladies.

and-he-sees-them.png

and-more.png

It started off innocently enough when Dylan sat down and chatted with Keiko Euedo, who was a Biology student at Foxbury. He wondered if Robin knew her, and whether Keiko had a sister named Yumi who went to UBrite?

enchanting-the-roomies.png

He and Keiko even get a sentiment together...
    he-just-meets-her-and-this-pops-up.png

kiss-roomie-1.png

sorry-my-bad.png

...and then they shared that oh so familiar garlic kiss between them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

a-student-brings-him-to-her-room.png

Another student invites Dylan to her room to chat. Her name is Salma Abd Al Kader, and she is a Computer Science student at Foxbury.

dylan-the-kissing-fool.png

They were having a great time chatting about Foxbury and classes...but then...

thos-psych-course-arent-working.png

...another garlic kiss with Salma.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dylan went in search of Aaron again and came across another student who was doing her homework.

enchanting-another-roomie.png

And it didn't take long for the curse to work on her, too. Her name was Mariela Thurman, and she was a Foxbury Economics student.

romancing-anther-roomie.png

And Dylan had another garlic kiss. Blech!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

He still hadn't found Aaron. Had Dylan gone to the wrong floor in the dorm somehow? He was on his way to the elevator to go to the Check-in desk again to make sure he had gone to the right floor, when he finally spotted Aaron!

finally-he-sees-aaron.png

Dylan: "Aaron! There you are! I've been looking for you all night. Where were you?"

Aaron: "Um...Dylan...I was asleep in my room. I figured you were too tired to come for a tour and just went home. Were you here all night? It's nearly morning!"

Dylan: "Is it? It feels like I just got here. Time just flew, I guess. But yeah, now that you mention it, I'm rather exhausted. Do you mind if I catch some Zzz's and crash on the couch for a bit?"

Aaron: "Be my guest...and when you wake up, you can use the shower and grab a bite to eat. There's always someone making some food..."

Dylan: "Thanks, bro...will do that..." he said as he promptly went over to a couch and fell asleep.

Oh geez! Dylan was there all night and never went home!

flaked-out-on-the-couch.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

yumi-ueda.png
    keiko-ueda.png
    salma.png

Salma had a great relationship with Dylan; however, on Sunday she witnessed Dylan with someone else, and their relationship kind of took a nose-dive. He did try to mend things up a bit, but this is how things stand between them.

mariela-thurman.png
    May 9th: The source of the infection

Today's Accomplishments:
    Traverse to the deepest part of the secret lab

wLaJ96Q.png
    I woke up feeling more confident than I probably should have; today was the day! I was going to go into that lab and I was going to search every nook and cranny until I found some answers!
    I joined Kaori at the picnic table and told her what I was planning to do. She looked worried put wished me luck, saying if I hadn't returned by nightfall she was going to go find help and come looking for me.
    GDCmBz8.png
    I promised I would only stay for as long as necessary and transported myself into the lab.
    After slipping on my hazmat suit, I silently opened the security doors once again.
    aastVlH.png
    I descended the stairs and cautiously made my way into the spore filled hallway, alert for any signs of light headedness on my part.
    DBDcFsA.png
    I reached the end of the corridor and found a pair of security doors similar to the ones upstairs. I bit my lip and waved the keycard in front of the sensor, hoping I hadn't just hit another dead end. I was in luck though, the light flashed green and the door slid open revealing another pair of stairs descending into darkness.
    gsLbVms.png
    I slowly made my way down the stairs and into another hallway with a pair of glass doors.
    EQW4Fde.png
    Wow this place was a bigger facility than I'd thought at first!
    cRImmPC.png
    I opened the glass doors and found myself in another lab. It was a lot darker down here than the lab upstairs, and there were multiple plants in observation pods lined up in rows.
    yLl81vp.png
    I eyed up the pods hesitantly, wondering if the presence I'd felt earlier was being housed in one of them, but all seemed quiet so I slowly made my way to the back of the room.
    zEXvKFj.png
    A wall of TV screens lit up the back of the lab, displaying diagrams of the plants. A couple of the screens had been smashed in, adding to the evidence that something bad had happened here, but what?
    zYGK3Mn.png
    I pulled out my phone and started snapping some pictures to show to Kaori and Carol later.
    4Cv3cM8.png
    daqioJi.png
    Suddenly the silence was ripped apart by a thunderous rumbling noise. I nearly dropped my phone and had to stop myself from instantly teleporting myself out of there. I looked around and noticed another small hallway leading away from the lab, it's walls covered in strange looking vines.
    w0Urc6q.png
    I drew closer and examined the pink and blue foliage and noticed it seemed to be moving! I pulled back and scanned the rest of the hallway to be sure. Yes, despite there being no apparent breeze, the hand shaped leaves were swaying ever so slightly back and forth!
    I shivered.
    How was I suppose to investigate the security doors with these vines carpeting the corridor's floor? What if they were sentient and could grab a hold of me? I grabbed a piece of lab equipment off a nearby table and used it to poke the vines.
    Nothing.
    They didn't respond at all.
    I swallowed hard and reached out to touch one of the fronds with my finger.
    Again nothing.
    Maybe I'd watched too many horror movies in my life, these plants seemed to have no interest in me at all. I breathed a sigh of relief and gingerly made my way to the doors, taking care to avoid stepping on the vines just in case.
    I swiped my keycard again, wondering if my luck would hold.
    P3E9z6Y.png
    With a shudder, the doors opened, and...
    oQHeiEi.png
    I nearly wet myself.
    This plant was ginormous! At least three stories tall, it also swayed slightly and seemed to have an inner luminescence like the smaller plants.
    e3BzyjQ.png
    I backed up, now what? I didn't want to turn back, but I wasn't really sure how to move forward from here either. I took a deep breath and slowly climbed the stairs to get a better look. As I did so, the whole room shook and the plant seemed to grow larger. I froze and watched as it's head bent down towards me, opened up, and roared!
    Oy8dYZ5.png
    I did wet myself this time.
    Screaming, I ducked and rolled down the stairs covering my ears. The plant seemed to lose interest in me after that, slowly returning to it's former state. I shakily rose to my feet and assessed my options. Maybe I could use magic and turn it into a toaster.
    tRvmXbA.png
    I flicked my wrist and concentrated on casting a transformation spell, but nothing happened.
    Odd.
    It rumbled slightly and I couldn't help but feel it was laughing at me.
    I figured there wasn't much more for me to do here now that I'd discovered the source of the infection, so it was time to retreat and find someone who knew how to defeat this thing.
    BTZoGTb.png
    I teleported home and shakily removed the hazmat suit before noticing that once again the atmosphere around StrangerVille had changed. The clouds above the lab were now glowing purple and flashed angrily with lightning, and the rest of the sky had darkened and taken on a sickly shade.
    Kaori came running up to me and asked me what had happened.
    1rnHKhL.png
    I covered my face with my hands, "Why is it every time we go into that place, something even worse seems to happen?!" I yelled up at the sky, feeling a wave of dread wash over me. "There's a giant freaking plant down there doing all this! What are we suppose to do? Use a lot of weed killer!?"
    "Adam," Kaori said soothingly, "slow down and take a deep breath, you're not making a lot of sense right now"
    0iKqgyy.png
    While I was taking a few deep breathes to calm down, Carol came out of the tent and noticed the sky. "Dad!" she yelled running over, "What happened?! Why does the sky looks even more ominous now!?"
    qnlDQgN.png
    It was my turn to help calm her down so I wrapped her in a hug and held her close.
    oEbZR7h.png
    I asked them both to sit down and told them about what I'd found.
    "I giant sentient plant?" Carol asked nervously when I was done explaining, "That's what's causing people to act possessed? Why?"
    DpwVXfx.png
    "I don't know," I admitted, "but tomorrow we're going to find someone who does and figure out how to stop it."
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I couldn't get the brain power to actually write in words, so it's a picture only part.
    Paparazzi and Autographs - March 3rd
    rwQU6C0.png

edited May 2022
    May - Day 9: "Good decisions come from experience. And experience comes from making bad decisions..."

3ZDwzcn.png

Notes
    Otuy0A1.png
    After finally getting some sleep, the two had brunch, Cale tended to his garden and took another microscope sample for his work assignment, they then traveled back to the Lab.

"What do I do with the key card? I don't see a slot to put it in."
    "Just hold it up to the scanner, it's the blue circle at the top. If it works, the door will open."

Wx6TlNF.png
    1HvzwXX.png
    The door slowly slid open and when it did, a multitude of pink and purple objects floated in a rush out the door.

3YBZg6x.png
    "What did we just let loose Fox?"

GoPl8Of.png
    "I'm not sure, they look like some kind of spores or something."
    "Plant spores? Great, try not to breathe any in, they might be infectious."
    "How do you feel?"
    "I feel fine, you?"
    "Yeah, they must be weak."
    "Should we take a chance and go further into the lab? I see a stairway."
    "As long as we're both feeling alright and we don't come across anymore of them, I think we'll be alright."
    "I guess we'll find out. Let's go."

VYr5uxj.png
    At the bottom of the staircase, they found three different openings for corridors. Two of them looked clear, but one was filled with a thick blue mist that contained a lot more of the spores.

rGKTyR0.png
    "I think whatever we're looking for is down that way. Should we try it?"

F6ygq0H.png
    "You've got to be kidding, right?"
    "What?"

Ud1LYCF.png
    "Come on Cale, you're smarter than that. We can't go in there! Do you want to get infected and turn into one of those zombie plant people?"
    "Of course not, but the other spores didn't affect us."
    "NO! Absolutely not! Remember what I told you the first time we came here? You promised me if we found anything that seemed dangerous, we'd leave. Those other spores weren't imbedded in a toxic blue mist."
    "You don't know that it's tox-"
    "YES, IT IS! USE YOUR BRAIN CALE! THINK! YOU HAVE A DEGREE IN BIOLOGY, DIDN'T THEY TEACH YOU ANYTHING?"

IkEXIEj.png
    "You're right, I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for talking some sense into me. I'm glad you came with me."
    "I'm sorry for yelling at you, but you weren't thinking straight."
    "No, I wasn't. So the big question now is, how do we get through this corridor to see what's beyond it?"
    "I'm not sure, got any ideas?"

VMTMck1.png
    "Actually I do, we need a couple hazmat suits."
    "Good thinking, but where do we get them?"

KRSCFtp.png
    I have an idea about that. What about Erwin? I bet he'd know where to get some."
    "Him again? You really liked that guy didn't you?"
    "He's okay, I think he's smarter and knows more than others think."
    "Maybe, but I don't think so. I think a better bet would be one of the scientists we met."

rHqo8oF.png
    "Of course, why didn't I think of that. You're right. How did you get so smart?"
    "I'm an alien Cale, we know more about a lot of things than your kind."

qCxhwUU.png
    "That's for sure. I would've ran right through that without a second thought. You're smart enough to be cautious."
    "It's just common sense. Anyone would think twice about going in there."

6yvX5WI.png
    "Except me. I need to work on my thinking skills and not be so impetuous all the time. I thought being hot-headed was bad, this is worse."
    "Don't be so hard on yourself Cale, you didn't actually go through with it."
    "I might've if you hadn't stopped me...thanks Buddy."
    "Hey, what are friends for? We look out for each other, that's why I'm here. I think we should go now. See about getting those suits."

eNEWLQS.png
    "Hey, I'm curious. What would you have done if I had ran into that corridor?"
    "Probably ran after you. I can be impetuous too."
    "WHAT!? Seriously? But you just said... *sigh* You seem smarter than that."
    "I am, usually, but...well...sometimes we do things like that without thinking when those we care about are in danger."

wXely74.png
    Cale and Fox walked outside and after squinting to adjust to the brightness of high noon after being in the dark bowels of the lab, they both were shocked at what they saw.

"It's grown, and even more hideous. Do you think we did that? By letting those spores out?"
    "Probably, unfortunately."
    "Interesting...I think I'll take a sample of it."

n27JK2P.png
    "Perhaps the lab where I work has a chemical analyzer I can use to study and compare this new manifestation with the original pod plants."
    "Good idea."

sMAsYYZ.png
    "Gawd, look at that thing, it's so dang ugly!"
    "Oh I don't know, it's not that bad really. Some aliens I know have that color combination anyway. I guess I'm more accepting of different, bright colors for plants, and 'people' than your kind is. It definitely looks like an alien plant and not from this world."
    "You're right about one thing, I don't accept it for THIS plant. I think it's absolutely hideous! I hate it. You hear that plant? I hate you!"

mXOSb6i.png
    "You're an ugly beast! Go back to wherever you came from. You don't belong here. Stop infecting people and making them suffer! How would YOU like to suffer? Here, take that!"

Without thinking about the consequences, Cale pulled back his leg and kicked the plant as hard as he could before Fox could stop him.
    "CALE! DON'T do...it. Great, too late."

uI1KnXJ.png
    Cale looked at the bizarre plant with a scowl on his face after he'd kicked it and then was immediately remorseful over what he'd done when the plant emitted the same blue mist they'd seen in the lab and more of the spores as well.

uA7O3rR.png
    "Great! That's just great Cale! Now look what you've done. What happened to thinking about your actions first? Huh?"

r63ZNsc.png
    *Cough* *Cough Cough COUGH* "Ugh, I...can't...breathe."
    "Oh no, are you alright? Do you feel okay?"
    "Give me *cough* a second." *cough cough*
    (He's probably infected now. I better keep a close eye on him. I hope he isn't. Not good, this is not good at all. Why'd you do it Cale?)

After just a few moments, Cale stopped coughing and felt mostly like himself again. The spores must've been short lived or he hadn't breathed in enough of them to become very affected or infected by them. He hoped that was the case anyway.

"We're getting out of here. NOW!"
    "You don't have to yell." Cale whispered taking off at a jog toward the busted down fence.

SmX872O.png
    The farther away they went, the more changes Cale and Fox noticed with not only more and bigger plants, but the sky now had a strange greenish yellow cast to it as well.

4kQZoRD.png
    Cale had a sinking feeling they'd done something very bad by opening that door. It was quite evident the 'Mother' plant, or whatever was deeper in the lab, was much more powerful than he'd expected if it could affect the planet's atmosphere in this way. The worst part was, now even more people could be infected, they hadn't succeeded in doing anything except make things worse. What was that phrase?

'No good deed goes unpunished.'

He'd never understood what that meant, until now...
    *Updated my May 9th post above! I'll get started on comments/replies next. Hope y'all had a fantastic day/night! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top