Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there any worlds you never use?

Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
I just saw the poll of what are favorite worlds are, and it made me curious why the ones used the least are used less often. It could be the size, the environment, the aesthetic, or something else.

Share your thoughts. What world do you never use, or use the least and why?
I would have made this a poll, but we can only have 10 poll answers, so there are too many worlds. :/

As for me:
I personally never use Sulani except for vacations, and it is a popular world, which is why I thought this was interesting. For me, I am just not a beach person in real life, so I am not drawn to Sulani.

I also use to never use the desert worlds, cause I don't like deserts. I actually have never played in a desert world in any past Sims games. But recently I started building in those worlds, and found some story lines that helped bring them to life for me, so I have a few households in them now. I haven't moved anyone into Tartosa yet, but I think I am planning a woman running a bed and breakfast to be there eventually.

EDIT: MAY 10th 8PM
UPDATE

Since this couldn't function as a proper poll, I went through a tallied as best I could so we could get a basic overview.
Because people had commentary, I had to make some judgment calls.
I skipped vacation worlds, since many people would use them if they were livable.
If anyone said they only used a regular world for vacations, and barely, I counted it.
Regarding Magnolia Promenade: If people said they used it for retail then I didn't count it as unplayed, unless they specified they had put retail there, but didn't use it.

Batuu: 5
Brindleton Bay: 2
Britechester: 5
Del Sol Valley: 6
Evergreen Harbor: 9
Forgotten Hollow: 7
Glimmer Brook: 10
Henford on Bagley: 3
Magnolia Promenade: 9
Mt Komorebi: 4
Newcrest: 3
Oasis Springs: 4
San Myshuno: 2
Strangerville: 3
Sulani: 3
Tartosa: 1
Willow Creek: 1
Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
| Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
Post edited by Chaotic_Moira on

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    edited May 2022
    I have never played in Newcrest or Magnolia Promenade. I'm not a huge fan of Oasis Springs either. Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade haven't been high up my list because they came as blank worlds and over time I forgot about them. I wasn't a builder when they came out and I didn't want the hassle of having to fill all those lots. Now that I'm into building the only reason I haven't done Newcrest is because it's still in that out of sight, out mind space in my head. I really do need to go to work on it. MP isn't on my radar because I have never really gotten into playing business owner storylines. And I can never get it into my head that I can place restaurants and shops there and let NPC's run them. Out of sight, out of mind again.

Oasis Springs has always struck me as being really dull. It's probably the drab desert color scheme. That view of it predates me catching the building bug so I never did anything with it. I have grown fond of other worlds so I have no attachment or attraction to it. That's why I've never gone back and spruced it up.

I love Tartosa and have a story with a romance novelist set there. But as I get set to bring other characters into the story aside from my novelist and the Maxis premades, I'm running head on into the realization that it is a very small world. I can't add many characters to my story and have them live there. Not unless I bin the premades or move them into the 'not in the world' category to free up a couple of lots. It is a gorgeous world but it has a claustrophobic feeling.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Im primarily a builder so I will happily build in every world!The only worlds I dont use are the holiday ones...and if they would only let you build there I would def use them too!
    I only I dont see myself ever using is Batuu. I loved alot of the CAS and BB in that pack but the world and gameplay just didnt do it for me.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I don't tend to play in Del Sol Valley, I don't really like that world. I don't 'play' in Magnolia Promenade as such but that is where some retail stores are so my sims do visit there once in a while.

I have one family in Glimmerbrook but don't use it other than for them, it's so small. I haven't used Forgotten Hollow much either - I like the creepy vibe there but it's just too small. It would have been great if it was bigger and I could have had my werewolves and vampires sharing the spookiness but there's not much space to add in some werewolves.
  • vanbroseevanbrosee Posts: 42 Member
    I don't think I've ever lived in Oasis Spring. I put building there, like bars, pools and restaurants, but none of my sims lives there and even rarely visits the places. I think it's too open and a bit empty for me, as I enjoy green scenery and a lot of trees.
    jw6ecg6uon4z.png
    Gen 8 - Adelaide Dockery-Lyman
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Mt. Komorebi, to be honest I forget I even have snowy escape. The next least would be Brindleton Bay. While I visit there I never live there, it's too cold. I find the world to be very nice really but I loathe winter irl so I never think to have sims live there. I have put more effort into it than Komorebi. I think I've only intentionally gone there 3 times.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I almost never use Evergreen Harbor. The only time I had any played sims living there was back when I first got that EP and was doing a couple of test saves. I'll probably eventually find story reasons to use the town; I already do on rare (very short term) occasions. But for now it's my least used one. Well, of residential worlds, that is. My very least used one is Granite Falls.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I use every world.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2022
    Magnolia Promenade - I have a few shops there but I rarely visit them... I should do something with this world.

Forgotten Hollow - I only lived in it when I played with vampires, I'm not sure what to do with it now... I have a lot there which my sims visit during Halloween.

Glimmerbrook - I'm not sure what to do in it except visit the magic realm.

Britechester - I only visit it when I'm playing as a student, I tried to play a family in the town but I was not sure what to do with them.

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    edited May 2022
    I wouldn't say "never use"
    because I will... one day :lol: one day I will! *clenches fist determinedly*

soo I'll just put it this way

Worlds I've used a lot now/ in the past:
    Brindleton Bay
    in older saves I used delgato lot so much ( minus delgatos) but tbh I need to get back to it cause i haven't been there for a while

still i feel like the amount i used it before puts it in this category rather than other one
    Forgotten Hollow
    Every dang save is forgotten hollow save old new does not matter ever since forgotten hollow arrived its been the hot spot for my sims and vlad always has spot in my cold heart
    Henford-on-Bagley
    I played it very intensely for few months after release and ive interacted with most of the sims in this save built some things and explored all neighborhoods I will eventually go back for round 2 though I think
    San Myshuno
    used it lots in older saves and i did go back with Patina too and yes i plan to go there many many times still
    Selvadorada
    if my sims take vacation its usually selvadorada ive had sim in this save travel there too ( my legacy starters got married there in past) and ive explored most of it
    StrangerVille
    did strangerville mystery once and then i started building strangetown there and yes I might be finally revisiting it soon tm and I think im gonna use it very much yes
    Sulani
    played through after release and i visit from time to time i also did build most of it over by now and i have some plans for this save too
    Willow Creek
    used it too much in the past so I've kind of ignored it for a while but starting rebuild of the world so maybe one day it'll be used again
    Windenburg
    this is kinda idk which is more true me not using or me using because the island has been used to death so many times for so many saves but actually rest of the world is like huh i haven't really been here that much have I maybe ill get to it in this save
    Worlds I haven't done much with so far:
    Britechester
    I did university once or twice but ive really only been to U brite part hoping to eventually explore the rest
    Del Sol Valley
    I visit community lots sometimes but i haven't had sim live there yet i think or maybe i did for very short while in inner circle hmm
    Evergreen Harbor
    almost completely unexplored but i have grand plans and ive built some lots in preparation
    Glimmerbrook
    yeah idk the roads drive me crazy when building here so in the end it got bulldozed and i only had sim living there like once or twice actually i think very shortly tho maybe once i get it built all over again I'll start getting use out of it
    Granite Falls
    suffers from being vacation only and me liking selvadorada better for that as granite falls just kinda looks like my irl backyard :sweat_smile: maybe i will build something there eventually too
    Magnolia Promenade
    actually its mostly built but i keep changing my mind with how i want the lots there and my sims don't often do retail so yeah its kinda used but also not
    Mt. Komorebi
    I've used it some but i definitely haven't explored much of it yet being preoccupied with other things
    + with winter sports i really just still suffer from the childhood trauma of forced skiing on pe classes so i am kinda unable to like them :lol:
    Newcrest
    i have bob and eliza there and i think i had house for my legacy sim there once but eh i just don't vibe with newcrest really so only now trying to build more things there
    Oasis Springs
    i used one of the starter homes long long ago and i still remember it fondly but I still need to actually use whole world instead of like lot or 2
    Tartosa
    edited thebe house a bit and bulldozed many things experienced couple days of completely broken everything and gloomy storms all day with my simself so i never really went back and i don't think i will for a while tbh I'm still kinda avoiding it cause i can just feel the bugs and glitches and lag creeping on me

Worlds I don't have so I cannot use :
    • Batuu
    just don't know much of star wars so i didn't buy the pack at least yet i mean idk i just feel i should know more about the movies to really come up with things to do with the pack :sweat_smile: so maybe if i watch them movies one day and happen to like them :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I don't know what to do with Forgotten Hollow. In my mind the whole gravestones aesthetic is something fans of vampire fiction would like, but not the vampires themselves. My older vampires enjoy the comforts of the modern world with a touch of their birth cultures (Imperial Rome and Selvadorada), and the freshly created ones identify more closely with their birth cultures than with their species.

I tried making the world into a theme park, and maybe will give it to my gaming club for the ocasional LARP, but other than that I just cannot fit it.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited May 2022
    Being a big fan of playing mermaid/merfolk sim families, I tend to use worlds that have bodies of water to swim in, so worlds without water tend to get a bit neglected unless I play with other occults like vampires, fairies, etc.

I do usually try to add pools in the house yards for areas or parts of the worlds that don’t have nearby water sources, but I usually prefer being near the water areas, for the most part, if I have mermaids/merfolk within a family.

I think one of the worlds I haven’t used at all yet was Evergreen Harbor.

Edited to add:

Oh! And I also barely touch the City Living place. While I love the aesthetics, the foods, the festivals, and overall surroundings, I just don’t like apartments.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    It's not that I don't use all worlds It's that I literally can't play with them all so I rotate and choose a few worlds to play in for a long period of time. At some point I used all of them though I do have favorites and lot placement and size means a lot.
    I love worlds that have lots clustered closely together. Better for making themes work then spaced lots. Plus I like to group main sims close.

Currently playing in newcrest, and the two destination worlds (with mod to live there)
    Setting up tartosa for a tourist destination.
    Sulani is my favorite. I come from an island and this place feels like home. Beautiful Beautiful home and nice weather too.
    I wanted to love evergreen harbor because it's the closes we got to a trashy world but it seems so empty.
    Least used world is Henford because I just don't like country themes
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    edited May 2022
    It actually depends on the save. I choose the world that my main sims live in based on the story I want to tell. I’ve had a beach bum living out his carefree fantasy in Sulani. I’ve had a musician who witnessed a mob hit in the Witness Protection Program hiding with the FBI in an underground bunker in Oasis Springs. Right now, I’m playing a sprawling epic fantasy that uses all of my worlds. To be honest, though, I wasn’t using the destination worlds much until I modded them for residential. Now they’re much more a part of the story.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I think I use all the worlds at some point. Magnolia Promenade is probably the one I use the least.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited May 2022
    There are several (almost a third) of the worlds I just never use, at all.

I have never used Glimmerbrook. I have not even ever visited the world once with any Sim. I am completely uninterested in magic or witches tho so that explains it.

I have only used Henford once, I found the world exceptionally well made, but boring. Beatrice Potter meets Emmerdale meets Escape To The Country basically. Sounds cute on paper, but... I watched too much English detective stories I guess? I have never visited the world even after that first save there.

Likewise I have only used Bridleton Bay once when the pack came out, I only go there to use the vet clinic. I find the New England area so boring in movies and TV too, tho so that explains that.

I never live in Magnolia Promenade, it's for other things, mainly spas and restaurants (I always delete any retail lots, I don't use them) but for that reason I use it a lot. A lot. Just not for living.

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I rarely go to Glimmerbrook... and Magnolia Promenade I forget about but if I remember I try to replace the stores with nightclubs or bars or whatever.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I totally forgot about Batuu! It is the second pack in all generations of The Sims that I never bought. Although funnily enough, someone got it for me as a gift, not knowing I wouldn't want it. So yeah, I have never played in Batuu, cause I never installed the pack.

I have never played in Newcrest or Magnolia Promenade. ... And I can never get it into my head that I can place restaurants and shops there and let NPC's run them...

I love Tartosa ... It is a gorgeous world but it has a claustrophobic feeling.

That is what I did with Magnolia Promenade. I put shops there that I know some sims will have to visit. I think the vet clinic was the first thing I put there.

I felt the same about Tartosa. It is lovely, but small. The lots are very spread out, so any sim's house will be sort of isolated. Sometimes I want that, but for some reason in this world I had a hard time deciding what I would do with it. It doesn't help that everything is wedding focused. Eventually I decided I am going to make a single woman running a B&B. But I haven't started her yet. I think it feels like mostly a destination world for me.

RedShoe7 wrote: »
    I use every world.
    I do too. There are some houses I play less often though, which leads to some worlds being used less often. But even when that happens, I really like that we have all the worlds to utilize so that each household can be in the right environment for their story. I do love that about Sims 4.

logion wrote: »
    Glimmerbrook - I'm not sure what to do in it except visit the magic realm.
    Britechester - I only visit it when I'm playing as a student, I tried to play a family in the town but I was not sure what to do with them.

I had a hard time with Glimmerbrook too. I think it is pretty, I just don't like how it is set up. And I don't like the driveways in front of the lots. I only use Britechester for students. But I have a very annoying sorority house in that world that I love.

I just don’t like apartments.

Surely you jest!!!

john.jpg

I am pretty sure that is not allowed. :p

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    cyncie wrote: »
    ... I choose the world that my main sims live in based on the story I want to tell.
    I wasn’t using the destination worlds much until I modded them for residential. Now they’re much more a part of the story.

Me too. My households are scattered all over. Where they live is based on who they are, although all of mine are in one save and I rotate.
    I just downloaded that mod because I really want Sims living in Granite Falls.

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    ... I choose the world that my main sims live in based on the story I want to tell.
    I wasn’t using the destination worlds much until I modded them for residential. Now they’re much more a part of the story.

Me too. My households are scattered all over. Where they live is based on who they are, although all of mine are in one save and I rotate.

I get this. In previous games, I was playing out one story in one or two worlds, so most worlds sat on the sidelines. In this save, I'm playing the world itself, and that makes a huge difference. The sims in this story live all over, depending on who they are and what they bring to the game. I rotate around as the story dictates.

You won't regret modding Granite Falls for residential. I've got all kinds of woodsy creatures moving in there.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    The only world I don't play in is Magnolia Promenade, I have stuck a mall from the Gallery in there in one save file, though.
    The other worlds in some save files haven't been played yet, but in couple save files there is a family in each of the worlds.
    The only worlds I don't always go to are the vacation worlds, but I still visit those on occasion.

I get this. In previous games, I was playing out one story in one or two worlds, so most worlds sat on the sidelines. In this save, I'm playing the world itself, and that makes a huge difference. The sims in this story live all over, depending on who they are and what they bring to the game. I rotate around as the story dictates.

You won't regret modding Granite Falls for residential. I've got all kinds of woodsy creatures moving in there.

Yeah in my past games I always wanted to have certain sims living in the appropriate areas for who they were, but I really wanted them to be able to interact with one another, so I had to make compromises. I would try to make an area of the world fit aesthetically as best I could to their story. But there were limits to what you could really do. I do love that in Sims 4 we can really put them right where they should be!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    I totally forgot about Batuu! It is the second pack in all generations of The Sims that I never bought. Although funnily enough, someone got it for me as a gift, not knowing I wouldn't want it. So yeah, I have never played in Batuu, cause I never installed the pack.

I have never played in Newcrest or Magnolia Promenade. ... And I can never get it into my head that I can place restaurants and shops there and let NPC's run them...

I love Tartosa ... It is a gorgeous world but it has a claustrophobic feeling.

That is what I did with Magnolia Promenade. I put shops there that I know some sims will have to visit. I think the vet clinic was the first thing I put there.

I felt the same about Tartosa. It is lovely, but small. The lots are very spread out, so any sim's house will be sort of isolated. Sometimes I want that, but for some reason in this world I had a hard time deciding what I would do with it. It doesn't help that everything is wedding focused. Eventually I decided I am going to make a single woman running a B&B. But I haven't started her yet. I think it feels like mostly a destination world for me.

I've been mostly unimpressed with the premades in Tartosa, but their fate is still in limbo. I don't dislike them, but I don't like them either. I am leaning towards putting them in the 'Not in the world' group. I am going to convert the rental lot into a regular lot, so that gives me five lots to work with unless I change my mind. I had also been thinking about having Summer open a restaurant, coffee shop, or bakery.
  • gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    I only play in Willow Creek and sometimes Windenburg despite having every world except Tartosa and to be honest I have no idea why :D Every attempt I have made at playing a family in another world I last about one week before getting bored
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    None of my sims or townies never, ever live in Magnolia Promenade because I think it's the most boring one of all the worlds. Even Evergreen Harbor is better than that.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I don't use Glimmerbrooke at all.
    I have got a retirement home and a bakery in Magnolia Promenade that I visit from time so time so at least there is that.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS