Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch Speculation Thread 2022 (Patch Out Now) (Emergency Patch Out Now May 27th)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
Time to start speculating about possible updates to the game in May. We'll be in a new quarter starting May 1st or 2nd so the May Update could be a big one especially if we get a Gamepack Refresh. EA is teasing us now about Outdoor Retreat. Take this with a grain of salt.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    We need a Canadian pine forest-themed world that functions as both residential and destination
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    Pleasepleaseplease include the lore update! I've been waiting for so long :'(
  • lulicanaleslulicanales Posts: 54 Member
    edited April 2022
    It makes sense given the tweet EA posted about the Camper’s Stew and the new scenario about finding frogs. It is all giving a camping vibe

• Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    It makes sense given the tweet EA posted about the Camper’s Stew and the new scenario about finding frogs. It is all giving a camping vibe

But we already have a pack for camping; Outdoor Retreat. Unless the gurus are hinting at refreshing it, I don't see them giving us a 2nd camping pack.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,657 Member
    @catloverplayer @Phantasi33 I feel like you two have it, it's an Outdoor Retreat refresh Including an updated PlantSim. We got that PlantSim scenario as a surprise, they weren't a big topic until that dropped. The frog collection scenario keeps with the outdoor theme of late in the recent scenarios. Too many outdoorsy references lately to be entirely coincidence. You said it, camping is nothing new, we've had for a while. It feels like it has to be a refresh. They've said more of those were coming, but all we've had to date is Spa Day.
  • lulicanaleslulicanales Posts: 54 Member
    Phantasi33 wrote: »

But we already have a pack for camping; Outdoor Retreat. Unless the gurus are hinting at refreshing it, I don't see them giving us a 2nd camping pack.

I never said it was about a second camping pack 😂 I think it has to do with a refreshment as well
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think the nature related tweets/content are because it was Earth Day last Friday.

The tank top is the most blatant asset though.
  • JALJAL Posts: 999 Member
    If it is a Outdoor Retreat refresh I'm happy for everyone who wants one, though it's not the one I'd want a refresh for myself. I would much prefer Dine out or Discover University as those are the ones I feel most in need of a refresh, but maybe they'll come eventually. I do hope that if it is a refresh, that it includes making Granite falls a residential world and that such a move might include making Selvadorada residential too. Maybe an extra neighborhood with a few lots for living?
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,657 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    If it is a Outdoor Retreat refresh I'm happy for everyone who wants one, though it's not the one I'd want a refresh for myself. I would much prefer Dine out or Discover University as those are the ones I feel most in need of a refresh, but maybe they'll come eventually. I do hope that if it is a refresh, that it includes making Granite falls a residential world and that such a move might include making Selvadorada residential too. Maybe an extra neighborhood with a few lots for living?

I totally agree with your Dine Out refresh nomination, and it would be my number one too. Outdoor Retreat needs one but it's not the most in need. Eco Lifestyle would also be ahead of Outdoor Retreat.

I would love to have Selvadorado as a residential world. I really hate to leave it whenever I take my sims there.

• KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    JAL wrote: »

I think that with a little patience they will refresh most of their old GPs, adding more gameplay and so on.
    I get that they might want to "adjust" the oldest ones before moving onto new ones.
    If this will help them dig into bugs and fix them while refreshing older packs this is more than welcome :p
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Phantasi33 wrote: »

We're talking about an OR Refresh not a second camping pack.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    I would actually love a refresh for OR, as it is now it’s very boring.
    I’d also love to be able to change the hermits house, now with CoL there’s so much more cottagy vibe parts to build a tiny hermit hut in his area.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    edited May 2022
    If it is indeed a outdoor retreat refresh, I really hope the world becomes residential, same for the jungle adventure world btw. Ever since all residential worlds can have rental lots, granite falls feels more limited in its use.

It would also be nice if the insects can spawn in different locations or can be breed like the frogs. It is unpractical to always go back to granite falls for ingredients.
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    they need to make the world residential
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited May 2022
    I'd hope for a new version of the card game that comes detached from the table and can be kept in a Sim's inventory until put on any table to be usable.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    Please, tell me that Big Foot is coming back... please !!!!
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited May 2022
    I recently had the idea to try a story with the Doctor career from Get to Work. For the first time in a while, I was relatively excited about playing this game again. Only to discover that the surgery table has a glaring animation bug that prevents surgery from ever being completed that's been around for two whole years.

So you know. Maybe fix that.
    OK OK! Since this is currently May, I bet a patch will featuring an R&B radio station when will be seeing the "Chic Nights Out" kit being released first. What do y'all think it'll be for May?
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    @12JEREMIA I really hope they do add an R&B station. While I do enjoy some good rhythm and blues, I know you have asked for this for what seems like several years now, so for you I hope it comes sooner than later.
    It is a missed station. I do love me some Alicia Keys, Mary J, and some older ones,Luther Vandros, Marvin Gaye, and the queen Aretha and so many more.
    WbUrFQm.png
    We might get the Pro noun Update this month and possibly the Townie Lore Update as well.
    We might get the Pro noun Update this month and possibly the Townie Lore Update as well.
    What about R&B? I mean I might as well wanna see "Chic Nights Out" kit going first to be released later on this month
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    What about R&B? I mean I might as well wanna see "Chic Nights Out" kit going first to be released later on this month

That's possible as well.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    As we had no new contents in April, except for the SDX Delivery, my guesses are that the kits might be released one close to the other.
    If they are not going to release them together as they did for the 3 first kits and the Fashion Streetwear and Incheon kits (that came out in the same day), then they might be released just 7 to 10 days apart.

But if they are going to release an EP (as speculated both here and on twitter) in July, I doubt they will wait June to release the GP, so they might release it before the end of May.

I also expect a refresh somewhere between May and June, because there are too much hints for it and I'd be disappointed to only have a kit about "camping in the backyard"
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    I hope console players get a fix for the black and white cross stitch bug in the next patch.
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    As we had no new contents in April, except for the SDX Delivery, my guesses are that the kits might be released one close to the other.
    If they are not going to release them together as they did for the 3 first kits and the Fashion Streetwear and Incheon kits (that came out in the same day), then they might be released just 7 to 10 days apart.

But if they are going to release an EP (as speculated both here and on twitter) in July, I doubt they will wait June to release the GP, so they might release it before the end of May.

I also expect a refresh somewhere between May and June, because there are too much hints for it and I'd be disappointed to only have a kit about "camping in the backyard"

Hmm I never thought about that with a Possible Expansion coming in July it would make sense to release the Gamepack this month.

Regarding the patch I hope it adds an attraction system to the game and online dating. We have a dating kit coming out so we need an online dating app and an attraction system.