Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG This Game !!!

Beware the Grim Reaper. I was playing NSB Gen. Yellow and he married right after becoming a YA. They started a family right away and just had a son. She was in a playful mood so I sent her to paint a playful picture while dad changed baby's diaper. When suddenly the game pulled me over to her dying of laughter. I'm screaming NOOOOOOOO I love this couple so much. They have been married 3 whole days. The good news is he had a death flower. The bad news is 3 seconds after Grim brought her back she died again. Again I.m screaming NOOOOOOO!!!! I didn't know if you can use the death flower more then once. ( he had a couple more ) But I tried and it worked. She is safe for now. No more playful pictures for this girl. I was in a real panic.

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Well, on the bright side, she made it farther than my sim did! She married her husband, they eloped in the Willow Springs park. He's a prankster and a career comedian so I didn't think anything of him telling all kinds of jokes to her pre-wedding. They go home and she walks in their new home and he checks his pulse and keels over dead on the pavement. No death flowers because...new game, first generation, no money or skills yet and her husband didn't even make it over the threshold! Poor guy. At least he died happy, but generation 2 began with a tombstone already gracing the yard. *sigh*
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Well, on the bright side, she made it farther than my sim did! She married her husband, they eloped in the Willow Springs park. He's a prankster and a career comedian so I didn't think anything of him telling all kinds of jokes to her pre-wedding. They go home and she walks in their new home and he checks his pulse and keels over dead on the pavement. No death flowers because...new game, first generation, no money or skills yet and her husband didn't even make it over the threshold! Poor guy. At least he died happy, but generation 2 began with a tombstone already gracing the yard. *sigh*

Oh the poor thing. I hope she finds happiness some day.
  • movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    I did not know that could happen
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Yeah I kinda wish being saved from death because of an emotional death gets overridden by stronger moodlets or those moodlets that contributed to the death get removed (the saved from death moodlet sometimes isn't enough to override stronger ones), similar to how mourning for death gets removed upon arrival. I've had Sims that died multiple times in a row from emotional deaths after being revived from the Grim Reaper.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    I have a setting in mccc that prevents deaths from strong moodlets.
    I’m kind of 50/50 as to remove the setting cause those deaths are kind of hilarious 😅
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    No emotional deaths is one of the first mods I installed. It always bugged me that you could lose a sim to a moodlet. Old age is the only way, if I played with aging on, that I could handle losing a sim that wouldn't drive me crazy. Too each there own though if you love playing chicken with a stack of moodlets.😁
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Since when stacked with lots of happy moodlets it just takes +1 playful to change to hysteria, It can really sneak up on you sometimes and I kind of wish they required a higher percentage of playful for that to happen.

I thought I was going to die of hysteria last night for real. My husband shimmied over on the couch for a kiss, our noses touched and there was a huge burst of static electricity. It was too funny. I’m about 8 months pregnant now and my lungs are squashed up somewhere they’re not used to, and I could not stop laughing. Could hardly breathe. Probably good for those abs, though.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Congratulations on your pregnancy, @babajayne! It is such an awesome time! I remember feeling like my daughter was crawling up under my ribs and telling her to please move down a little as that is not comfortable! Wishing you and your family much happiness!
    Thanks so much, @maggiemae8135 😊
    I’m thinking there should be a death by acid reflux in the game because that’s the part I’m really not enjoying. 😆
    babajayne wrote: »
    I’m thinking there should be a death by acid reflux in the game because that’s the part I’m really not enjoying. 😆

Try eating crackers with no salt. It helps soak up the acid.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member

Congratulations on the baby! Is this your first one? My second child and first son, used to lay on my diaphragm. I had to sleep propped up in order to breathe. Was I ever glad to give birth to him. Happy to say I never encountered bouts of indigestion while pregnant. I sympathize with you, however. It's never fun.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    Thanks so much, maggiemae8135 😊

Try eating crackers with no salt. It helps soak up the acid.
    Thanks for the tip! I’ll have to pick up some saltless crackers and see if that works for me. Sometimes I wake up because I’m almost choking on the acid, that’s why I think there should be a Sims death for it - but I guess I’d be immune because of the pregnancy, lol.

And thanks, @GalacticGal ! Yes it’s my first baby (a boy) at 39, been waiting a long time for this and we are just over the moon. I fall asleep with my top half elevated and end up flattening out because my back starts to hurt from that position. Oh well, it’ll be worth it, right?
  • Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    edited May 2022

Try some Chamomile tea or some licorice tea. Those are supposed to help w/that. You can probably find those in a natural foods store or section of your grocery store.

As for the emotional deaths, I'm w/DaniRose on the "no emotional deaths mod!" That is essential! I think the devs went WAY overboard on implementing some of our common sayings like "embarrassed to death" or "I died laughing." I mean come on! Those are just sayings and don't mean anything!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited May 2022
    @babajayne Yes, it IS absolutely worth it.
    Sonshine77 wrote: »

Try some Chamomile tea or some licorice tea. Those are supposed to help w/that. You can probably find those in a natural foods store or section of your grocery store.

As for the emotional deaths, I'm w/DaniRose on the "no emotional deaths mod!" That is essential! I think the devs went WAY overboard on implementing some of our common sayings like "embarrassed to death" or "I died laughing." I mean come on! Those are just sayings and don't mean anything!

Actually, it is possible to laugh yourself to death. Ultimately it ends in a cardiac arrest. Seriously, look it up. Being embarrassed to death may be rather iffy Some people say "I thought I was going to die' referencing to just how embarrassed they were. But to die laughing can and does happen.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I never knew this. I'm playing along when I get a pop-up that asks if I'm Vinnie. I always say no and hang up. But this time I said yes. I got $5,000. Then Ted Roswell called asking me where the money is. He came over mad and started breaking my computer and TV. I had the option to make him leave by fighting him. They fought twice but I got the money. I really need to take chances on these more often. Surprises way be out there.
  • Babci219Babci219 Posts: 20 Member
    That's good to know @Behappy1st. I always hang up on those kind of calls.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I have never had an emotional death in this game.
    I never knew this. I'm playing along when I get a pop-up that asks if I'm Vinnie. I always say no and hang up. But this time I said yes. I got $5,000. Then Ted Roswell called asking me where the money is. He came over mad and started breaking my computer and TV. I had the option to make him leave by fighting him. They fought twice but I got the money. I really need to take chances on these more often. Surprises way be out there.

Say what now? The only phone calls I get are the creepy hey I got friend who wants your number, the 'should I this or should I that', and Bess. I'm feeling ripped off here, well my sims are anyway.

Say what now? The only phone calls I get are the creepy hey I got friend who wants your number, the 'should I this or should I that', and Bess. I'm feeling ripped off here, well my sims are anyway.

You might try saying yes and see what happens.
  • WhubbleWhubble Posts: 62 Member
    > @DaniRose2143 said:
    > Say what now? The only phone calls I get are the creepy hey I got friend who wants your number, the 'should I this or should I that', and Bess. I'm feeling ripped off here, well my sims are anyway.

Whaaa? That's awesome.

> @Behappy1st said:
    > Beware the Grim Reaper. I was playing NSB Gen. Yellow and he married right after becoming a YA. They started a family right away and just had a son. She was in a playful mood so I sent her to paint a playful picture while dad changed baby's diaper. When suddenly the game pulled me over to her dying of laughter. I'm screaming NOOOOOOOO I love this couple so much. They have been married 3 whole days. The good news is he had a death flower. The bad news is 3 seconds after Grim brought her back she died again. Again I.m screaming NOOOOOOO!!!! I didn't know if you can use the death flower more then once. ( he had a couple more ) But I tried and it worked. She is safe for now. No more playful pictures for this girl. I was in a real panic.

I had this exact scenario. I had the daughter of my favorite sim couple get married after dating for a while, attending college reaching almost the top of the tech career, etc. etc. then she gets married, buys a nice house and has twins. The she dies of hysteria! I didn't have a death flower so I had to recover and earlier save. I tried to avoid her getting playful but it happened again! So I said to myself, NO, shes's not dying this time. Now, in every save I have death flowers and a fully leveled spell caster who can de-deathify.
    The Sims is not a game, its a lifestyle choice.
    My 100-Baby Challenge: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/62958b4f386aab7c7a1f98c2

You might try saying yes and see what happens.

I will if it ever happens. I answer all calls and I have never seen this, ever. I've gotten the one about the inheritance and staying in a haunted house but not this one.

C'mon mystery caller, call my sims!😁

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    Everyone should try saying yes to the "happiness is 1 simoleon away" call from Bess if they haven't yet, it made me giggle.
    @mightysprite I did that once, but after like the third call I stopped saying yes, so I have no idea where it ends.😁 I was like she's not going to give my poor sim a break if I don't put a stop to this. How far did you follow it?
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    @DaniRose2143
    I had no idea it was a serial sort of thing-- I thought it was just the one moodlet
    @mightysprite If you keep saying yes she keeps calling. I only did it that one time right after Eco came out and now I can't remember how those first couple of calls went. I do remember she kept wanting a little more each time she called back.