Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best expansion pack based on it's world?

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Island Living (Sulani)
    skybird14 wrote: »
    Henford on Bagley is my favourite as it feels the most homely to me. It reminds me of a nice little Costwold-y type village and given that I don't live all that far away from the Cotswolds, it's where I prefer to base most of my families.

Oh I definitely get that. I have seen a number of British youtubers going absolutely bonkers over that world too. I, as a person living in Scandinavia recognize pieces of it; I love that about two thirds of the birds are the same birds I hear when opening the window, but personally I grew bored with the world halfway thru a playthrough before even growing my Starter Sim into an Elder. It is an exceptionally well crafted world but I don't know; something ticks way too few boxes for me.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited May 2022
    Again I can't pick only one, so I'll just leave a copy of a post I made in March of this year in a thread about a similar topic.
    I don't have just one favorite. But in no particular order, my favorite places...

...for hot sun and wide open spaces that hide things in plain sight: Oasis Springs.
    ...for greenery and scenery that feels wild, old, mysterious, and passionate: Selvadorada.
    ...for overly friendly people, tropical breezes, and vivid sunsets: Sulani.
    ...for nights, lights, glitter, art, and noise: San Myshuno.
    ...for lighthouses, windy ocean views, fishing, and boats: Brindleton Bay.
    ...for privacy, close secrets, and surrounding trees that feel like an embrace: Glimmerbrook.
    ...for horror-movie places utterly obvious that the star should never go but they always do anyway: Forgotten Hollow.
    ...for light sabers, X-wings, droids, and havens for scoundrels (and rebels): Batuu.
    ...for hints of an older era, things both feral and graceful, and some things best left in the past: Willow Creek (and Magnolia Promenade).
    ...for the best place for a castle (or two): Windenberg.
    ...for the most likely place to encounter the Green Man (so far): Henford-on-Bagley.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    City Living (San Myshuno)
    I love San Myshuno. Best ever use of neighborhood terrain.
    Tartosa is a close second.

I wish you could disable all the wedding stuff and just use the world ;) Then I might buy it.

@Beardedgeek well I'm basically doing that by having the world and not having weddings (at least not so far) B)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    Cottage Living (Henford-on-Bagley)
    Oddly enough, considering I hate Los Angeles, I was torn between Del Sol Valley and HoB. I chose Cottage Living because HoB clearly suits the theme.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 712 Member
    Get Together (Windenberg)
    Windenburg. It might be one of my least favorite Expansion packs but they outdid themselves with this world. Pretty insane for such an early pack. I was going to say San Myshuno but the structure of apartments that is limited to just the interior design and no way to build your own is such a step down. Sulani is also gorgeous, one of the best we've gotten.
  • Cary1213Cary1213 Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2022
    Base Game (Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Newcrest)
    Newcrest is my favorite base game world and I usually always have a Sims live there.
    Second world is Henford on Bagley cause I love farming and the new lot trait the pack came with
    Post edited by Cary1213 on
    SvgJRlK.png
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    Island Living (Sulani)
    I've spent so much time in Sulani it's not even funny. I can have my Sims fishing and sunbathing on the sunny beaches for hours of real time. Just a great setting.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited May 2022
    San Myshuno is very dynamic, with a lot of little details sprinkled in.
    • Certain stalls are only open in certain neighborhoods, on certain days.
    • Different festivals have their specified days of popping up, and their own gimmicks. They even bring their own music.
    • Posters and snowglobes offer new collectibles and quick cash.
    • Vendors pop up in the Arts Quarter on Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays to sell collectibles, paintings, and woodwork.
    • Myshuno meadows is a community park in true big city style, from the vast stretches of joggable pathing, to vendors and a basketball court.
    • The buildings get larger and more extravagant the more structured the neighborhoods become, but the feeling of community becomes less and less.
    • You can clearly see each part from one another's backdrop.
    • The graffiti is prevalent, even those that are non-interactible.
    • Busking and being a living statue are little ways to make pocket change.
    • Drugs (the bubble-blower) are in every corner if you know where to look (nice little nod without needing to outright show anything).
    • Contests everywhere that you could make a semi-steady living from.
    • The night is filled with lights from below, if looking out from a skyscraper.
    • Warehouses in the lower-class urban spaces.
    • Memorials in the park.
    • Subway system (even if just implied).
    • The crazies are there, but rarely does anyone make more out of them than "city novelty".
    • The ambient sound takes me back. I almost miss the constant noise.
    • Cars everywhere. Parked everywhere.
    • Around every corner is someone just "trying to make a name" for themselves (performers and artists) or trying to be louder than the ambient noise (protesters and speech-makers).
    • The loud neighbors who you don't want to complain to/about, but who'll come knocking if they so much as hear a pin drop at 2am.
    • Boxes of junk on the sidewalks for anyone who wants.
    • Ads on every street corner and on billboards.
    • Food and other things are nearby the residential spaces.
    • The city sleeps, but keeps an eye open. There's always something open at night.

It stays so true to the theme of "city living", because there are so many ways to live in the city, and so many types of people bustling about. To say the world is beautiful would be redundant, as (for the most part) Maxis' art department knows what they're doing. Sure, there are only a few places to truly build (as apartments can only be edited in the interior), but each offers ample space to do so, provided you have the extensive amount of funds (also true in the city, though not in the same way as in-game). My runner up would be Island Living, but City Living can't be topped for me.
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    It's a city, the only city.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    Windenburg, though I don't like some of the pre-mades I love the lots, especially one on The Island near the water. Living in town I like hearing the clock tower chime, and the nightclubs, cafes, and library are great.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Island Living (Sulani)
    If we're judging by just the world alone then it's Sulani for me.

I've never cared for lot numbers since I'm not a builder. I'm going purely of off the aesthetic of the world and I adore Sulani, it's gorgeous.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Base Game (Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Newcrest)
    I like all the worlds I have (don't have Brindleton Bay, or the Wedding and camping ones) but I really think my favorites are Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. They have so many lots and a lot of little extras in the areas around the lots. Funny thing, I have never built in Newcrest. I use it to place builds I am considering and/or renovating. Pack wise... it's a hard choice. I love HOB but wish it didn't rain and get so gloomy (I have Seasons so that has an impact, I'm sure).
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I would have liked to have selected both Windenburg and the base game worlds. San Myshuno gets an honourable mention from me as well. The first three I mentioned gets the most use out of me
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Island Living (Sulani)
    San Myshuno, Sulani and Willow Creek have always been my favorite worlds for different reasons, but I think Sulani is maybe the best made one and has interactive gameplay and gave us an ocean and the scenery is beautiful, so I will go with that one.
  • vanbroseevanbrosee Posts: 42 Member
    I love Henford-on-Bagley, it's my new favourite world, and Brindleton Bay is close second! I don't know why but Evergreen Harbour and Willow Creek feel a little empty to me.
    jw6ecg6uon4z.png
    Gen 8 - Adelaide Dockery-Lyman
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Thus far Windenberg is my favorite world. But I do play in Brindleton Bay more often.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited May 2022
    Island Living (Sulani)
    I was really torn in choosing between several worlds, but decided on Sulani.

Being a mermaid/merfolk fan, I like places with water for the merfolk to swim in, plus I was born on an island, so Sulani is my favorite. 🙂

Windenberg and Henford are also great as well and each world has their own charm.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2022
    Windenberg, San Myshuno and HoB are all my favs! I just picked one of them. But if all of these were one giant world I would probably never play anywhere else.

Also, I actually love Granite Falls, and I wish they'd just update it to let it be a livable world. In a game were we can travel world to world anyway, it just doesn't make sense to have some be unlivable.

It is hard to pick though cause these are the ones I'd love to be in irl. I find them the most aesthetically pleasing. But I use other worlds to fit a certain play style or story line. And I love that they are there for that.. I use Del Sol Valley, and Evergreen Harbor for some grungier slum kind of neighborhoods. Not all of my sims get to live the dream..
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    @ModerateOsprey Thanks, I actually found that just a bit ago. I downloaded it, but I haven't checked it out yet. It is on my to do list. I have been pondering who I want to live there and what there story is.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    Island Living (Sulani)
    Also, I actually love Granite Falls, and I wish they'd just update it to let it be a livable world. In a game were we can travel world to world anyway, it just doesn't make sense to have some be unlivable.

I feel the exact same way about Selvadorada. I would love love LOVE to be able to permanently live in that world.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Henford on Bagley is just pure magic to me. I just adore the aesthetic and I absolutely thinks it has my heart the most. Cottage Living truly was a win to me in almost every way and the world is a huge part of why.
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Henford on Bagley is just pure magic to me. I just adore the aesthetic and I absolutely thinks it has my heart the most. Cottage Living truly was a win to me in almost every way and the world is a huge part of why.

I just started playing Sims 4 two years ago, and I wasn't getting into it. I was thinking of just going back to Sims 3, and then Cottage Living came out. That is what made me stick with it.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,811 Member
    @Beardedgeek @mightysprite I really loved Tartosa when I first got the pack but now that I've got my main save based there I'm really beginning to see how limited it is as the world your sim calls home. It's starting to feel cramped and a bit boring. It would be great if I was playing my sim the way I used to, a homebody that basically did a handful of things everyday and not much more. She went to work came home took care of her needs, hung out with her wife, and painted. This save I want all the sims involved to be active, get out of the house and go places and do things, and in Tartosa there just isn't much to do if you want your sim to be out running around and be really active. And you don't have a lot of space to add things to do if you want to populate the world beyond your sim and the premades. I'm not sure by the time the story reaches it's finale that it will still be there.

Don't get me wrong, it really is a gorgeous world, and I love it, but it's more of a world for sims who are content to hang out at home. And with it being set in the Med it's hard to make sending my sims to other worlds fit my headcanon for how the Sims larger world is laid out. My sims aren't rich jet setters, they're young artists, writers, and chefs.
    Island Living (Sulani)
    @DaniRose2143 for "Running around doing stuff"... From your description it sounds like Tartosa is very much like Del Sun Valley, beautiful but with only marginally more lots than Forgotten Hollow despite being large on paper?