Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get to know the wishing well effects on Sims!

ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
In Romantic Stuff pack, there is a wishing well that has a few wishes that a Sim can ask them for, Each wish costs 1 dollar for the Sim to spend. For new Simmers who don;t know the effects of the well, here it is!

There are 6 outcomes, and each result is shown with the color of the outcome effects in the well and face aura:
Overwhelmingly Positive (OWP) is a white aura and is the highest result of a wish

Positive is green aura with a general positive wish grant.

Neutral is a blue aura and has a neutral effect on the Sim.

Negative is a orange aura and is negative on the Sim.

Overwhelmingly Negative is a red aura and is very negative on the Sim.

Death is black aura and can cause the Sim to die, or become a ghost.

1. Wish for Happiness
If you clicked this wish these are the possible outcomes

Overwhelmingly Positive - Sim will get strong Happy moodlet and also have all Happy moodlets increase for 24 hours.

Positive: Sim will get a 1+ happy moodlet.

Neutral - Sim will get a 1+ happy moodlet, however when the moodlet ends they will become Very Sad

Negative - The Sim will get a angry moodlet and all other Sims in the proximity will be Happy.
Same for Overwhelmingly negative, except the sim gets Sad nearby others.

Death - The Sim will become 99+ Playful, which could make the Sim die from laughter if not calmed down,

2. Wish for Romance
Possible outcomes for requesting wish

OWP - A random Sim of the Sim's hidden gender preference is instantly added with soulmate and good friend status, along with a strong Flirty moodlet.

Positive - The Sim will get a Flirty moodlet and will 100% succeed with the next pick-up line interaction

Neutral - Sim will just feel Flirty.

Negative - Sim will become Sad and will always fail at social interactions for a few hours.

Overwhelmingly Negative - A Sim according to gender pref. is added, with soulmate status but also enemies in friendship.

Death - A ghost Sim will be added, who died of laughter.

3. Wish for Youth

OWP - The Sim will feel strongly Energized and also will reset their life stage to the very first day of lifespan.

Positive - Few days are added to the current lifespan, feeling Energized.

Neutral - Sim will just feel Energized.

Negative - Sim will get Energized, but then will feel Dazed.

Overwhelmingly Negative - Sim will advance to the next life stage, making them feel Sad.

Death - Sim will instantly turn into a playable Ghost.

4. Wish for Promotion

OWP - Sim will instantly be promoted.

Positive - Sim will have their performance bar maxed, and will be promoted if they meet the requirements

Neutral - Sim will get a bonus, but also get angry.

Negative - Sim will have the bar lowered to Poor, and risk of demotion of fired.

Overwhelmingly Negative - Sim will be demoted and get strongly Embarrassed.

Death - Sim will be demoted and get 99+ Enraged, possible death of anger.

5. Wish for money
OWP - Sim will win lottery, giving them over 10k simoleons with a strong Happy moodlet. '

Positive - Money around 5k is added to their account, feeling happy.

Neutral - Sim will learn the secrets of blackmailing another Sim, making them Inspired. Blackmailing a Sim will make them despised.

Negative - Around 500 dollars is taken away and will become Sad.

Overwhelmingly Negative - Sim will earn money, but will shortly lose it due to buying microtransations on their phone, making them strongly Tense.'

Death - 5000k will be taken away, and the Sim will catck on fire, making them earn a 99+ Tense moodlet. They will die if not extinguished.

Wish for Child
OWP - A child is instantly added to the household, beware if there is 8 Sims! They usually always have the Genius trait as well, making the parent feel strongly Happy.

Positive - The Sim will get a phone call from the adoption center, and can adopt 1 child for free. feeling happy.

Neutral - A happy moodlet is added which heavily increase chance of conception.

Negative - the Sim will be unable to concieve any child for a few hours, along with embarrassment.

Overwhelmingly Negative - A child with the Evil trait will be added, making the parent angry.

Death - A ghost child is added, making parent Sad.

Wish for Good grades
Child and teen only----

OWP - Sim grades will increase.

Positive - Sim will have maximum performance bar, just needing requirements.'

Neutral - Sim will only need to finish 50% of daily task, but making them angry.'

Negative - Performance decrease to minimum, making them tense.

Overwhelmingly negative - Grades dropped by one.

No Death outcomes.

Asking for life
Ghosts only
OWP - The ghost is instantly revived, with immortalality except old age, along with feeling strong happy.

Positive - The Sim will immediately receive fully cooked Ambrosia in their inventory, letting them eat it and turning into life, making them happy.

Neutral - The Sim will get one ingredient for Ambrosia in their inventory, making them Inspired.

Negative - The Sim's wish will just be simply ignored, making the Sim sad.

Overwhelmingly Negative - The Sim cannot be resurructed for a few hours.

Death - Sim will be revived, but instantly die again.
Asking for Skill
Note that it does not check if a skill is maxed out, so if a Sim gets a skill gain rolled in the maxed out skill, nothing happens except feeling Confident.

OWP - The Sim will immediately receive 10 points in a skill, making them very confident.

Positive - Sim will get 2 points in 1 skill, making them confident.

Neutral - All skill gain is increased for few hours, making them less confident.

Negative - Sim skill gains are lowered, making the Sim Sad.

Overwhelmingly Negative - Sim will not be able to make any skill, making them Dazed.

Death - Sim becomes 99+ mortified, possibly dying of mortification.

The wishing well has 4 moods, and you can see by the face of the old man sculpture:

Happy, which is signaled by a smiley face with mouth open, with no curved eyebrows. This well emotion is to be successful more often.

Neutral - Which is signaled by a normal, flat face, no mouth open. most likely Neutral wishes

Mischievious - With very curved eyebrows and a big smile, likely leads to negative interactions.

Death, which shows the scupture with a hood on it's head, which signals a very likely death wish.

Sims can leave an offering to the well-either 100, 1000, or 5000. 100 will lower the mood of the well, 1000 has a 50% chance of raising or lowering the mood, and 5000 will instantly raise the mood of the well.

Also, if you use TestingCheats, you can select "Force Outcomes" which will always grant the same outcome, indefinitely. Also there is a 8 hour cooldown for making wishes and can turn Wish Cooldown off in cheats.

Please comment down if you like this page! I took about an hour writing this!
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
Post edited by ItsMeThatGuy on

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    This is great. :smile: I didn't know you could adopt a ghost child from the wishing well. I'm going to try that. Thanks!
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    edited May 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    This is great. :smile: I didn't know you could adopt a ghost child from the wishing well. I'm going to try that. Thanks!

You too! Just make sure the aura is black, and you can only adopt alive children, ghost kids are instantly added...
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I had no idea that you could use testing cheats on the well, that is interesting. It was fun reading about the well again, it has been a while since I last used it. Thanks.