Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collections

How do you all display your Sims Collections?

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    I like to have nice display racks that are designed for the collection, like what the game has for displaying elements, so I use a lot of CC for collection display for those households where I do want to display anything. Somecreative CC has a ton of them which cover most of the collections in the game, so mostly I use those.
    Post edited by Stormkeep on
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    edited March 2022
    I don't even try to display the whole collections but just selected items, usually the last item that completed the collection but sometimes the ones I find the most appealing.
    The cake is a lie
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    I have them all, except MWS, and used to display them in the basement but I think it caused lag on my lot. Especially with all science serums and OR and RoM potions.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Somecreative has added two more displays for collections (Insects and CoL Ribbons) bringing the total count of collections they have cc displays for to 20. Available here for anyone interested.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I have a museum, which is set to generic so other sims won't go there. I put it down in the save I'm currently playing, so my sims can go there and add paintings and whatever collections they have completed. It has easels and woodworking bench, and I also plan to add the fabricator. Some day I'll have a sim live there a while and create all the furniture and things that can't go in sim inventory.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 908 Member
    It depends on the collection. I will set up shelves and size down the my sims dolls and put them in the living room, or a kids room. If it's an element collection, I put them in the office. Post cards will go in the office or kitchen. Crystals are randomly displayed. Anything else, I usually put in the basement.

I like the museum idea. I may have to give that a try.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    I just decided to make a little display for my Frog Fanatic sim, but still it's mostly other stuff she have on display...
    E5iFpM5.png
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I have a museum housing most of the collections and craftables. I also have a conservatory featuring all plants.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I usually make a little office with a computer desk, bookcases and lots of shelves for collections.
  • GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    I have a museum housing most of the collections and craftables. I also have a conservatory featuring all plants.
    That's a great idea. I would love to see pic's for inspiration. :)
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I am also interested in seeing ideas. Every time I try and build a museum, or art gallery, I can never seem to get enough wall or shelf space.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited May 2022
    'Petey Plays It' has a video on museum ideas, including a collection museum.

Collections, for me, are usually sold off or stored in chests/boxes (which might explain the ungodly lag on that one lot). If neither, they're stored in the basement, with plants spliced together and stored in a conservatory (if there's no room for a greenhouse) or half-open garden. I mean I have made a couple of museums, but I've never endeavoured to make a full-on museum for all collections.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • SuperSillySimSuperSillySim Posts: 132 Member

I would love to see pictures, or have a link for the lot!
  • SuperSillySimSuperSillySim Posts: 132 Member
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    'Petey Plays It' has a video on museum ideas, including a collection museum.

Collections, for me, are usually sold off or stored in chests/boxes (which might explain the ungodly lag on that one lot). If neither, they're stored in the basement, with plants spliced together and stored in a conservatory (if there's no room for a greenhouse) or half-open garden. I mean I have made a couple of museums, but I've never endeavoured to make a full-on museum for all collections.

Does Peter have links to his museums ?