Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Long Have You Been Playing Your Favorite Save?

Comments

• Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    1-3 months
    I've been playing my current save for a couple of months now, but the family for a couple years. I keep starting them over again, though I'm hoping this time will stick since the fourth generation was just born and it's the furthest I've ever gotten in a legacy.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    2-3 years
    Started playing sims 4 june 2019 and took a number of months to settle into it.

my first real attempt was in September 2019, however it was deleted by the game and was never able to recover it. It contained custom worlds i was building and sim households that would act as pre-mades with set relationships. I was showcasing it at the time here on this forum and was half way through Willow creek when i lost the save, lots and sims on that save.

so i started over on a second and far more successful attempt in November 2019 when it was clear i couldn't recover the first save. I'm still playing that second save, although there was a time during sim sessions where festival shirts overrode sim situational outfits and caused a constant error. i had to put that save aside until it was sorted out and it was after a few months.

during error code i had started a third save but i aborted on that when i could get back into my second save.

Anyway, my second save is 2 years and a half years old now. i'm nearly on my third year with TS4. I'm already over 10,000 hours in on my recorded hours in gameplay and the save has advanced along quite nicely over the years. i'd love to show it off, but only if i know users are going to be receptive to it in a positive way. I'm still waiting on a discount for my weddings dlc, i'd like to bring tartosa into it and get my italian sim families into their own world to make space in other worlds.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    6-7 years
    I don't actually remember the date. It's been years now. ;)
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    2-3 years
    I don't really have a single favorite, but most of my main saves fall in the 2 to 3 year range.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    DramaticJedi5DramaticJedi5 Posts: 60 Member
    1-3 months
    I usually play for a week or so and get bored, but I had a legacy family for two months and the lost the save.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    1-2 years
    1-2 years, my first save and my only save. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    1-2 years
    I was playing the same save since the game was released, but lost it all last year, so I think I had it 7 years. :( I started another new save last year and that's the one I'm playing.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited April 2022
    4-5 years
    I started my Westbrook legacy in 2017 after Parenthood was released. I haven't really actively played it in probably a year or more. I may check in here and there but I lost interest.

I recently decided to start it over but I'm not too far in. The second generation kids are still a child and two babies.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    1-3 months
    Less than 1 month.
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    More than 7 years
    September 2, 2014.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    1-2 years
    My very first legacy for Sims 4 was my favorite game. I had made it to Gen 5. I played that game for four years. I sadly lost that save when I got a new computer, was unfortunately unable to back it up when the old when went out on me.

Afterwhich I just played little bits here and there. Then I started the decades challenge to get back into playing and it is currently my favorite save. I've been working on this challenge for almost 2 years this August. Seems like a long time for a challenge but I don't get to play that often.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    chocolatefrostingchocolatefrosting Posts: 67 Member
    1-3 months
    1-3 months here. It's hard for me to really stay focused on one save for too long before I get bored.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    edited May 2022
    More than 7 years
    I wanted my Singer Sim back. I made him the Founder of the Pinstar Legacy Challenge. That is a ten-generation game, but you play on normal which is so very short. Once the Challenge was complete, I decided to play him, only this time I was determined he could be a singer again. (Gave up his Rock Star Superstar status for the backstory for the Legacy Challenge.) Our Sims by then were finally given the gift of a singing skill. Plus, there was a mod Road to Fame that would allow for fame via Simstagram. Combine that with MCCC wherein I could 'pay' him for his efforts, I was set. Then we got word Get Famous was to be released very soon. I was over the moon excited. I uninstalled RTF thinking I wouldn't need it. Then another player cued me in on the latest version of the mod that allowed for a Professional Singing career. As you know, GF didn't offer us that career. Ho-hum.

Sometimes, before a goal can be achieved catastrophe strikes and I have had to restart. I don't honestly know if once I achieve the goal, I'll miss him too much and just start another brand-new game save. We'll see. So far junk has gotten in my way.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    1-3 months
    I started my current save in March I believe. It’s a combination of setting up a permanent base save and creating an AU. The plan, while aging up townies and giving them makeovers, is to add additional family members for everyone while I play rotationally. Eventually I’ll use this base save for a legacy but I don’t think that will be any time soon.
  • Options
    LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    4-5 years
    I started my main save back in December of 2017, with just two sims and the family has grown tremendously! I'm only on generation two as of now, but that's only because I go back and forth between long life span and having the aging off because I get too attached to my sims. I'm just dreading the day that the two that started the whole save pass away as they are elders now. I didn't expect the save/family to become my favorite, but it just has and I couldn't be happier about it!
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    More than 7 years
    And I'm just now aging up some kids for the second generation! Most all are pre-mades that came with the game/packs.
  • Options
    LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    4-5 years
    I started my main save back in December of 2017, with just two sims and the family has grown tremendously! I'm only on generation two as of now, but that's only because I go back and forth between long life span and having the aging off because I get too attached to my sims. I'm just dreading the day that the two that started the whole save pass away as they are elders now. I didn't expect the save/family to become my favorite, but it just has and I couldn't be happier about it!

Update: A few weeks ago real-time, the father that started this whole legacy passed away due to old age and it was so sad. My gameplay is about to really move to focus on the new generation soon. I'm excited, but it's also very bittersweet.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    5-6 years
    I started mine in 2017 <3
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    2-3 years
    I started my save the day I made my account. My main sim, Kersie, was named after my old user on here before it was changed which was Kersiexx or something. Prior, I had commitment issues to saves and I’d constantly make new ones. I haven’t made or played a different save for 3 years (this month officially makes 3)
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    5-6 years
    I started in 2017 and now this oldest save is at Generation 48 now :D
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    1-3 months
    Saw a comment in another thread that made me curious.

March 16, 2022 I started my current save. Almost a month later, on April 12, 2022, my PC tower was shocked in a lightening storm and I got it back a couple weeks ago. June 16, 2022 will be three months, including the hiatus I was forced to take.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    2-3 years
    I started to play my save after Snowy escape, so I think more than 2 yrs now <3
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    2-3 years
    Before my laptop broke earlier this year I had my main save which was nearly 3 years old. I was so upset when I lost everything. It’s the longest I’ve ever had a save in any sims game.
  • Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    1-3 months
    I really just got the sims a month ago. I keep restarting and playing new games. Because well, I have most of the packs already, and 1 scenario focuses on what pack and so on and so forth. When I get used to the game, I will probs play a game for longer than a week. I am so excited for werewolves. It is going to make this one Save super fun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top