Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats or dogs better? (Sims 4)

Do you like Cats or Dogs better? I love dogs better but I used to love cats.
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Cats or dogs better? (Sims 4) 46 votes

Dog
43%
BluegayleColorist40TheSpotted_Celanorbretonsimgirl1010JestTruLatinaBunnyEnkiSchmidtGrumpyGlowfishEvilyn_1007superkyle221Behappy1stLuckySimmer10PatricePlumbeebSimmingalUniqueKhaosCalico45wahini2024SimDork23 20 votes
Cat
56%
CamkatMi9shaoscarmcruddAnmirlaDarkLady2788mitchiebanjogreydonnBabykittyjadeAngelEb95LiELFMDianaSimsColton147147musteniAlanSimsFanPhoriaHayleeSimsTahabataSERVERFRALady_BalloraSeashoreLivia 26 votes

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Dog
    I'm a cat person in real life, but in TS4 I prefer dogs because you can actually do a few things with them. Cats in this game are just moving decoration...
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I like both in the game and in real life, but I'm more of a dog person in real life. I don't think they're necessarily better in game terms than cats. I don't think they're worse, either.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Cat
    In game I like cats better. In real life I am more of a dog person, but I don't dislike cats. In fact, I really love my current cat as much as if he were a dog.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I can't decide. I like both in TS4 and real life. As for my sims, it depends on their personality and lifestyle.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited May 2022
    Dog
    Pretty well same. Pets were all hamstrung in 4, in my opinion, and cats the worst. No tricks, no bathing, etc. They were downright designed to be less interactive than dogs.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Cat
    Honestly the only reason I like cats better than dogs in Sims 4 is that walking the dog takes so much time, even for a short walk.

IRL, I'm a cat person. I like dogs... as long as taking care of them is someone else's responsibility.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Dog
    Dog. I'm allergic to cats irl so they've never been an option for me so I tend to just forget cats all together. I've always owned dogs and a house feels empty without a dog to me or incomplete so almost all have them.
  • Options
    movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    Cat
    Cats. Iā€™m a cat person I just love having an independent cat in the house sometimes.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Dog
    Horses but I'll take a big dog anyday as well. At least if I could. Now have to settle for in game only.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited May 2022
    Dog
    Team cats irl tbh
    but I like having dog more in the game because I don't have dog irl and there is more to do with dogs in game

also cat tree and scratching post and litter box all take so much space in my sims homes that having dog is kinda more simple to fit in unless I'm doing like cat paradise of a house and yet i refuse to give them any less of it :lol:
    ā­ļø AHQ Champion šŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate šŸ‰ Team Dragons
    šŸ” Gallery šŸ“– Stories šŸŒ World Project šŸ„” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Cat
    It's a close call, but I'm a cat person irl so I think I tend to like them a bit more in the game and plus you can't beat that laser kitty litter box and there are more cat toys and objects, but you can interact more with the dogs and the puppies are really cute. I love when the puppies and kittens run around and fall on their faces or hide under furniture.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited May 2022
    Both are equally amazing, in Sims and in real life too. <3
    Cats are a bit easier to take care of in Sims 4 because they don't require five hours of walking every day like dogs, but otherwise I can't make any difference, I just love them both.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Can't decide, both are good and my sims have had a good bit. So depends on the family.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Dog
    Cat person irl, so few of my sims have dogs. But from what I've seen from those few, dogs in this game are all individuals, vastly differing from each other. Their traits really make a difference (unlike with sims often). Whereas with the many cats my sims have, the only differences I've noticed is that some like human food and others avoid it. Other than that they seem identical.

Conspiracy theory: The devs are dog persons that put effort in bringing that richness into the game. They only know the basics about cats and therefore thought they had checked all the boxes, when in truth they had barely scratched the surface.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I like Both, I own three cats irl, but I would love to have a dog someday too.
    I grew up with both, so I don't have a huge preference.
    For now, there are more dogs in my worlds than cats, because I was breeding them in my game. I took a Wolf Link from the gallery, and also a mythic fox, and wanted to see what I would get. I also bred Garurumon and Kyubimon as well to see what their mixes would look like.
    I have some cats lined up for breeding in the game too. I also bred the offspring of Wolf Link and the mythic fox with another dog/wolf named Madara.
    For now, dogs in my game outnumber my cats, but once I breed my chosen pair, they will catch up.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    In game Dogs. Real world, cats..
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Dog
    Dogs in real life & in the Sims. <3
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Cat
    I've been a Cat lover since I was 3 years old.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Cat
    Both. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    edited May 2022
    Dog
    I voted for dogs, probably because there are many more breed options (large vs. small) and you don't have to find room in your house for a litter box or cat tree of some sort as with cats (of course the cat trees are optional, but they're essential for my in-game cats). I do however still love playing with both and if I want a certain sim or family to have a pet, I usually choose which kind based on their personality and the story I'm trying to create (or they may end up having both!).