Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What new life stage would you add?

Comments

• llejenallejena Posts: 10 New Member
    another
    None, thanks. Let's improve what we already have. Make them more distinguishable from each other.
  • AniSimmerAniSimmer Posts: 21 Member
    Pre-teen
    teens shouldn't be the same height as adults it's...weird
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    actual years
    I don't need a new life stage but I do wish that young adult/adult life stages lasted longer.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • LIL_LillyLIL_Lilly Posts: 93 Member
    edited May 2022
    Crawling baby
    All of them. Plus I had a closed forum about "old teenagers", where they have some teen frames and younger abilites. Everybody disapproved and disagreed however. Actual years would be my very best bet.
    I don't need a new life stage but I do wish that young adult/adult life stages lasted longer.

I do not want actual years, pesonaly. I like stages, but hearing the other side of an argument and then presenting your argument is how the truth is found. in this case the best life stage. yes I want better elders and tots, but something new would be nice. please explain your argument for actual ages.
    Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point
  • LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    Pre-teen
    I chose Pre-Teen because with the way the younger sims look, the jump from child to teen is quite large in my opinion (especially in regards to height), and for pre-teens in real life (I'd say from 11 to 12) there is such an interesting and eventful transition phase that we all seem to remember in some capacity, so integrating it into the Sims would be very fun in my opinion. Although, all of the extra life stages mentioned would also be very welcomed additions in my book.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited May 2022
    Pre-teen
    I chose Pre-Teens because the age jump in the game in my opinion is not accurate. The gap makes it seem like they go from Kids to Teens/Young Adults with nothing in between. It actually is a real life stage for ages 10-12.

A close second would be to make Young Adults and Adults look more different. They look identical to me. There needs to be some kind of feature made to tell them apart. In Sims 2, other than having only Young Adults go to University, they kept Teen voices but had Adult bodies and they were slightly shorter than Adults.
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    Crawling baby
    Babies. Only because Modders have given us Pre-Teens (and did an amazing job! ( Shout out to RedHeadSims and ItsKatato! Their amazing work on behalf of the Sims Community has given us Children that look like Pre-teens or Tweens, and Teens who look like Teens! Height change and all! )

... but even then, Modders can't seem to figure out how to make "Better Babies" I know the path that most are taking, is just to improve the Toddlers, and make them appear more like babies now, rather than edit and improve the actual newborns in the game. (PandaSama is doing this the best that I have found with her Toddler mods. She's added a functional locking crib, functional changing table, and a functional locking high chair! (Among a number of Toddler activity options as well) Around the Sims 4 has "baby plates and mush" as well as baby bottles! Honestly, I have enough CC to make it appear that my Toddlers are more like 1 year old, but I would swoon over an actual crawling infant! Its the only thing I really still want in my game.

Honestly, I checked out The Sims Freeplay a little while back, and felt so cheated as a PC player from the original Sims! The babies they have, are so much better than anything we have ever had! They even put TS2 babies to shame! ..Annnnd they also have Toddlers!

But yeah, Crawling babies would really be the icing on my cupcake. And I wouldn't need anything else in my game from EA at that point. I would be very happy. That ofc doesn't mean I would stop buying what they put out! LOl. Just that, my game would be complete at that point, anything else I added, would just be, nice, not essential.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Crawling baby
    I would like crawling babies or improved babies and improvement for all life stages.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    another
    I wouldn't add any at the moment.. right now what I'd really like to see is children being given better treatment in the packs already available, there are so few things for them to do that it's kind of frustrating.

Even in packs like Journey to Batuu that should logically give kids atleast a bunch of new outfits to mess with they are largely overlooked.

What I'd like to see is a child-state for occults where they can get powers even if they are just lesser versions of what teens-adults get and more expansion on their options as far as activities that everyone else gets to do.

After that is fixed /then/ I'd say go ahead with the preteen stage.
  • Saturn830Saturn830 Posts: 54 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I'm pretty happy with the age variety, I just want the stages we have to be improved upon. Aging lacks distinct flavor once you age out of being a child, beyond appearance.

This. The major stages of life are all pretty well represented with what we have. Now we just need more things to do with each.
    Absolutely none! Just give us the possibility to define the duration of the stages individually like in TS3.

It's pretty ridiculous that we can't do this in-game, especially given that the current balance of durations makes little sense. That being said, at least MCCC can do this.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Pre-teen
    I am saying preteen because the fact that teens immediately look like young adults creeps me the heck out.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    Pre-teen
    I want pre-teen, but I also want the improvements of babies, teens, & add in pre-teen last.
  • Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    edited May 2022
    another
    Honest, these all seem amazing and would be wonderful additions to the game... BUT I really just want improvements in the life stages we already have. For example:

NEWBORN - would it be nice to be able to actually pick them up, have a baby changing station, show off the kid to the neighborhood, let people give you a baby shower, be able to ask "who does the kid look like?", have the option to con your family into babysitting for you to have a date night
    TODDLER - stroller options, teething, actually crawling and then moving on to walking and running, let the parents dote on them about their first steps or words, attachments to certain toys, fears (ex- afraid of the dark so you have to purchase a nightlight)
    CHILDREN - teaching them to swim or ride a bike, letting them dance on your feet, option of face painting at a birthday party, catching fireflies when camping, playing tag, making simple recipes by themselves, walking down the street for the first time alone and the emotion that comes with it, giving parents art work they did at school or on the craft table, losing their teeth and the toothfairy, asking "what do you wanna be when you grow up?"
    TEENAGERS - braces and pimples (I know we have the option, but they don't just happen on their own), first crush, option to sent a secret admirer note or send flower to your SOS, curfew, letting parents have "the talk" with them, if we had cars again - option to teach to drive and let them study for permit, curfew, getting allowances
    YOUNG ADULTS - call parents to ask for loan, emotion modifiers for "paid my first bill" "bought first home" ect..., option to have friends set them up on a blind date, ring actually staying on finger after engagement/wedding, ringing parents or elderly for advice when pregnant or sick kids or when you wish to change careers or go back to school
    ADULTS/ELDERLY - retirement talk, mid-life crisis mode/purchase, bucket-list talk, emotion mods for "empty nesters", making a will
  • Humusk1Humusk1 Posts: 23 Member
    University/college age for Sims 4. That Sims 3 expansion was fantastic! There aren't any others that come to mind.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    Pre-teen
    I have stories I want to create with middle-school age kids. But the sim children look too young, and the sim teens look too old.

I wouldn't say no to crawling babies though. Or even just more ways to play with the existing babies.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,031 Member
    Mid-adult
    I agree with everyone who are saying that they should work on improving the ones we already have first. There are so much you could do with all the life stages we have, especially children and teens. Let kids PLAY, properly, with each other. Teens also need to be less adults, and less responsible and plain boring. Where are the slamming doors, the swearing and and the sneaking out to go to a party at night?

But if I actually were to add a life stage I would add middle age (I refuse to call it mid adult, sorry), mostly because I feel this is where something is lacking instead of being poor execution of what is there. Consider, between birth and adulthood (which starts somewhere around 30-35) there are five different lifestages. For life between 30-80, just two.

One simple reason for a new life stage is purely superficial - wrinkles, a lower metabolism, different types of clothes - ie. the purely physical changes that means my YA won't start hitting on someone's grandmother because they look the same.

Another reason for introducing middle age would be to stop those near elders from having so many babies that are then left to fend for themselves as their parents die. With neighborhood stories I've had people had babies one day AFTER aging up to elder (because the pregnancy happened before they aged up). With elders looking like they're around 70-80 that's not really reasonable. Middle age would be a perfect time to end fertility for sims who can get pregnant.

Finally middle age could be fun to play with. Midlife crisis with lots of new whims could be introduced - different types based on your personality could give different whims (from a romantic sim wanting to flirt/whoohoo with new people, to a materialistic foodie sim wanting a chef station at home to the adventurous sim wanting to take up rock climbing - just to name a few).
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    young kid
    I really don't understand the widespread desire for preteens. Make teens look younger or kids older in CAS because a preteen age just wouldn't add anything IMO. Teens have mood swings and everything. We have preteens to me. I Don't know how old kids were intended to be when they were made but sim kids seems older in personality and looks. I would add younger kids. Toddlers are only learning how to walk so I picture them between and 2.
    I would like kids around 5
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Pre-teen
    Humusk1 wrote: »
    University/college age for Sims 4. That Sims 3 expansion was fantastic! There aren't any others that come to mind.

Have you tried Discover University for Sims 4? I have that pack but didn't really like it. I kinda wish it was more like Sims 2 and 3 combined.
    Pre-teen
    I really don't understand the widespread desire for preteens. Make teens look younger or kids older in CAS because a preteen age just wouldn't add anything IMO. Teens have mood swings and everything. We have preteens to me. I Don't know how old kids were intended to be when they were made but sim kids seems older in personality and looks. I would add younger kids. Toddlers are only learning how to walk so I picture them between and 2.

Because they would add more gameplay to the game. The way the kids age up in the game, they seem to go from 10 to 16 when they become Teenagers. There's nothing for them in between. They could have Child (ages 6-9), Pre Teen (ages 10-12), Teen (13-18).
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    another
    None, just the option to alter the sims age. :)
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    another

Just give the kids more to do! The poor little souls are bored out of their simulated skulls. I’m glad they can now help with gardening and cooking ‘n all, but really they want to skip rope, play a game of good 'aul hopscotch, hop to the fun fair, learn some magic from their aunt who’s secretly a witch and be taught how to turn frogs into fat little plasma juicers by their great great great grandfather who’s secretly a vampire. They want to be able to grow fur all over their bodies and steal chickens just in case their dad is secretely a werebeast, but time will tell, time will tell.

The chwildren wants imaginary friend monsters and they want to put that imaginary friend monster in their bicycle basket and fly 'em to the moon and back.

Toddlers want to sleep in their sturdy snuggle strollers and teens want backpacks and mopeds broom broom. Elders want canes and attend retirement parties in their sidecar motorcycles. They also want a proper burial so they can get VIP access to the Netherworld. Mom wants an SUV and a small pet elephant.

And babies....well...it's about time babies learned how to grow up and stopped being such babies.

I don't need more lifestages. I need more to DO for all existing lifestages.
    For crying out loud.
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    another
    I would love to see microphases.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Pre-teen

I think this is down to how people see these ages and play differently. I see toddlers as between 1.5 to 3ish. I usually see children as between 5 to 9. I don't feel there is a huge difference "as far as game play" in that age range personally. But then it moves to teen, and there is a big difference in my opinion between a 12 year old and a 16 year old and how you would play with them. Also, I prefer playing with younger teens, but the game made teens look like adults and has them do things I wouldn't want my 12 or 13 year old doing.. So for my play style it is like I never really got teens at all. I basically ignore teens and get them jobs so they go away.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Pre-teen
    I'd have to go with preteen the gap between child and fully adult sized teen is horrible though the same can be said for lifeless baby to walking toddler the gaps are just huge
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Humusk1Humusk1 Posts: 23 Member
    > @EricasFreePlay said:
    > Have you tried Discover University for Sims 4? I have that pack but didn't really like it. I kinda wish it was more like Sims 2 and 3 combined.

It appeals to me. The CAS assets are great, SERVO IS BACK OMG (even if his head is all wrong and we can't change his look beyond a handful of swatches), and I love how Sims in the world show up to lots on bikes rather than poofing into existence—it makes me hopeful for cars, and I love how I can build dorms anywhere. It significantly expands the possibilities for apartment building.