Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👽 Miller Legacy 🛸

Comments

• HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 774 Member
    Chapter 2.7 is out! (link)

This time I really felt like the game was trying to troll me, how can I fit this in the story? The gameplay is going to be so challenging for the next few chapters...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
    Chapter 2.8 is out! (link)

I rarely say it about a chapter, but this time the playing part was by far harder than the writing part...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
    Chapter 2.9 is out! (link)

It was a tough part to play, but with this chapter we are ready to move on with the core of this second generation...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 2.10 is out! (link)

Is what I see on the horizon a new antagonist?
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    about chapter 2.6

I love how it's always the youngsters who see things clearly, without prejudice <3
    I loved your wedding pictures too! No disguises!

Although I have to admit that when we got here...
    After the coup, many of our people decided to abandon their disguise and show their true appearance, for many it had been like an official stance of their opinions on the matter. Hermes and I also discussed a lot about what to do and how we wanted to face the situation. We talked about it for weeks, and made the decision just before a very important day for us.
    fTvkZyG.png
    my first thought was..
    Of course! Cats! Their true form is all CATS!
    XD
    gen3-banner.png
    edited April 2022
    I bookmarked your thread. I'll check out Generation 1 soon. Your legacy seems interesting.

Thanks, hope you're going to like the story ;)
    about chapter 2.6

I love how it's always the youngsters who see things clearly, without prejudice <3
    I loved your wedding pictures too! No disguises!

Although I have to admit that when we got here...
    After the coup, many of our people decided to abandon their disguise and show their true appearance, for many it had been like an official stance of their opinions on the matter. Hermes and I also discussed a lot about what to do and how we wanted to face the situation. We talked about it for weeks, and made the decision just before a very important day for us.

my first thought was..
    Of course! Cats! Their true form is all CATS!
    XD

Ah ah ah, I hadn't thought about this interpretation, but this could explain a lot XD And it is also giving me some ideas about how this legacy could eventually end, what if the answer to the final mystery was the cats XD XD XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Gen 2
    Aww, Nacho returned as a ghost. <3 He's a cute kitty for sure.

RIP Sylvia :'(

Ooh, ghosts... 👻

Yay, Luna got married! :)

And, we witness another alien abduction... 👽

Wow, three kids and two cats. Must be a lot of work.

Thanks a lot for binge-reading all the story and for the nice comments :)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 2.11 is out! (link)

The scenario is changing quickly, how will the Millers react to this?
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Thanks again @Sims4MagicalTales , for sure this legacy (up to now) has a quite significant felines subplot...

Either way it's time for a new chapter, update 2.12 is out! (link)

The kids are growing quickly, so quickly to start to show their own ideas. How will the family react to this new situation?
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Sorry I haven't been caught up with this at all, no excuse this time other than I suck and completely forgot to catch up on this multiple times... XC I'm up to 2.2. Since my comment spans multiple chapters, thought I'd post here instead.
    I liked the Gen One summary, it was a nice heartwarming summary of Stuart's life and I actually think I have a new favourite character from an alien-related legacy! I still love the lil alien babies so much ;-; Trouble with legacies is getting used to a founder or heir and then the inevitable happens to them :'( It's sad seeing them mourn their father/husband, but I like that they are reflecting on good times as well. I'm glad that generation 2 are still working at making the world a better place for aliens as well < 3 Though devastating that some Sixamians still don't want to play along. Even in the face of mass change, there are always going to be traditional/reactionary types who want to drag people back into the past. I worry for how many young Earth-born Sixamians are going to get brainwashed by these reactionary types. Let's hope the Sixam Pirates are driven out somehow.
    they/them or she/her
    Thanks all for the nice comments!
    @SnowBnuuy , no need to be worried, I'm the first one to always binge-read tens of chapters at once when I have time (or I remember to) instead of remaining in pair with the stories I follow. In either case comments are always welcomed, regardless of the timing, no need to apologise :)

As for the chapters comments,
    The end of generation 1 was really heartbreaking for me, this is my first legacy and I'm definitively not used to my sims dying of old age just when I'm really starting to know them ;( But live goes on, and now it's time to focus on Luna and generation 2. They are definitively facing difficult times, but considering the way I write stories I can’t even promise that it won’t get worse in the following few chapters...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 2.13 is out! (link)

This chapter could be a good premise for big troubles, don't you agree?
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Of course. Deciding to live in secrecy... whatever could go wrong?
    gen3-banner.png
    From Chapter 2.2 to 2.7:
    I really like your worldbuilding surrounding Sixam, as well as the focus on the generational differences anongst Sixamians. I think it's great that we have a lot of the same or similar ideas on aliens lore as well, like Sixam's general ecosystem no longer being able to fully support civilisation. The way I see it, the small part of Sixam we can visit in-game is part of the only properly-inhabitable space left on the planet. In my head the rest of the planet is lost to horrific creatures or is just barren plains of some sort. I like that they stay in the old house with the old lab as well, nice memories- and then new nice memories to build on from there < 3 I love aliens as an occult, so to see them get in-depth lore focus is brilliant.

Ahh, so now I wonder...is that ghost really there? Or is it just that Sylvia is losing her mind as she ages? It's heartbreaking... Noooo Sylvia not you too ;-; Milo's panicked face made me laugh, but look at the cute lil babyyy ;-; I never figured out a reason as to why Sixamians and humans could have children together, so it's cool to see that expanded on a little. 'Official sources continue to say that we aliens and humans are still genetically too different to have children' - Kind of wondering if this is actually a lie told by the media to keep humans and Sixamians from integrating.

I knew it was a lie, I knew it! And now a poor kid has to live his life in secrecy through no fault of his own. I'm glad that they had their wedding without their disguises on! Ohh darn, wasn't expecting Hermes to end up pregnant as well. Now any old Sixamian can pilot the spaceships and just abduct whoever they want. And like any backwards reactionary group, they're also targeting their OWN people as well?! Luna's lil twins are so cute though.
    they/them or she/her
    Thank you both for the nice comments!

@mightysprite , it really sounds like a risky choice, isn't it? But the story would be so boring if I always took the smoothest and easiest route...

@SnowBnuuy , this transitional phase is definitively very chaotic for my sims, between the generational change and the rapid evolution of the aliens integrating (more or less effectively) into the earthlings a lot is happening... But there are even bigger changes in sight, one of my favourite parts actually starts in a few chapters...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 2.14 is out! (link)

The Millers have many new things to get used to, how will they be handling this change?
    2if86miljyb3.png
    edited May 2022
    Chapter 2.15 is out! (link)

The Miller boys just joined the local scout group, what could ever go wrong? o:)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    From Chapter 2.8 to 2.11:
    OHHH my gosh. That 2.8 grumpy toddler with food face is absolutely priceless, I love it XD It's good to see all the kids growing up happy. Also the picture in 2.9 of the guy staring at having his heart taken out like 'Lady, just what ARE your qualifications?' : P 'Our life can only get easier from now on, don't you agree, my dear diary?' Ohh no, I sense trouble not far ahead...

Thing is, I can get why people MIGHT be wary of telepathy abilities, and of disguises as well since they could be used for some nefarious purpose. But you know how it is, I doubt that it's anything to do with legitimate concerns. It's just an excuse for prejudice, I'm sure of it. If humans had telepathy, they'd abuse it as much as they like and no-one would be able to confront them about it. On top of that, folks like the 'Sixam pirates' are only helping to make this negative rep even worse, adding fuel to the fire.

Even then, they STILL can't use the Pirates as an excuse to blame the entirety of Sixam for every bad thing a percentage of them get up to. I have to wonder how much of this news is truth, or just stretched truth to aid the media in its goals to demonise a whole group of people. Owch...I know exactly how that feels XC The scene where they showed the kids their roots was heartwarming, but also disheartening. They get to see the world of their people, but it's a world that's slowly dying, and if Sixam 'dies', then in a sense so does a large chunk of history.

I like the inclusion of Sixams being prone to Earth-born viruses since I imagine they'd have almost zero natural immunity to it. I predicted the aliens would start fighting back in their own way, and rightly so. I reckon when the kids grow up, there's going to be a lot of pushback from them against humans, and honestly rightly so. You can't shove the aliens into a corner and expect them not to stand up for themselves.

Ohh no...does Orion now feel the need to use a disguise? I wish he didn't...
    they/them or she/her
    I like how you did the scouts meetings :) and Claire is a great character.
    gen3-banner.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top