Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some things they need to take OUT of the game to make it better

FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
edited April 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I know everyone plays the Sims differently so these suggestions may not apply to your situation but in my game there are always some things I'd prefer they not have in and at the moment two things are grinding my gears.
#1 - You ask another sim out on a date but why can't you select the venue? I think it's bonkers that the game just sends you and your date to some place and it might be a good location or maybe it'll blow. You should have the option of picking.
#2 - Get rid of that animation when you have a clean house sims will stop whatever they are doing and take a deep breath and it becoming really annoying over time. Once is fine. Maybe the first time a sim enters a house is OK but if they've been in it all day there is no reason they climb the stairs and then STOP in their steps and do the whole deep inhale thing while other sims are right behind them. I know the other sims will pass through them like ghosts but that doesn't make the game more enjoyable either.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    You can't pick where to go on dates now? I might be misremembering as it's been a while since I've played 4, but I swear I always had to pick the place to go on a date. No, now I know I did because my favorite place was one of the Sim's homes, because everything needed for comfort, food, bathrooms, and activities was already there and there weren't other Sims going to interfere, sit with them at their table, get between them in conversation, or otherwise be obnoxious.

Did this start with the Wedding pack or something?

And I also never had that deep inhale thing as I never got the Bust the Dust kit, I'm assuming it's from that?

Sounds horrid, you have my sympathy! Wondering if it's this way for others on the dating problem?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • chocolatefrostingchocolatefrosting Posts: 67 Member
    Definintely the phone calls. In my opinion they get annoying. My neighbors constantly calling my sim for advice or incessantly asking them to go out somewhere. Not to mention the useless scam calls.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Lord of the underworld, where do I even start...

Please get rid of:
    - The 14 character limit on first and last names.
    - Preset vacation worlds. Not the worlds themselves, but the restriction that you can only go there on vacation. One of the best additions to the base game in my opinion is that we can now put rentals anywhere we want, and turn any residential world into a vacation destination. The opposite is unfortunately not possible yet, but I hope it will be in the future, so we can have sims live in Granite Falls and Selvadorada as well.
    - Autonomous behaviours that cost money, such as orderings drinks or buying snacks. When I still had autonomy on, one of my doctors would always leave his patients alone to get snacks from the fridge, I was charged the moment he decided to do it, and cancelling the action before he reached the fridge wouldn't get me a refund. It didn't make me poor or anything, but it was seriously annoying.
    - The many, many useless dialouge options overcluttering the menu and drowning out the few that actually matter. Declaring weather preferences, asking about another sim's traits or career, building charisma by complimenting on their outfit? Totally fine and useful. But talking about their favourite writer who isn't even named, asking about the other's day without ever getting an answer, and everything else that doesn't actually do anything should just be lumped together under "smalltalk".
    - The restriction that university dorms can't have kitchens. A way of introducing fake difficulty to the game, because there's nothing difficult about visiting the cafeteria next door and getting free food from there, it's just annoying because of the loading screen.
    - Speaking of university, the requirement to attend three guest lectures for the Academic aspiration. Guest lectures cost money, can only be done once a day at a specific time, and are utterly useless.
    - The game's assumption that several members of the same club travelling together means you want to start a club meeting, and then it does it for you.
    - The negative moodlets almost every sim gets from discovering that someone else is an alien, and how the alien is shamed for it. It's racist.
    - A vampire's human and dark forms being joint by default when you enter CAS. It's a lot easier to just copy and paste the appearance on the other form if necessary, than to get one form's original appearance back if you wanted them to look different, but forgot to unjoin them before you started editing.
    - Vampires' and spellcasters' idle animations in CAS. They just won't stand still, making it so hard to edit their bodies!
    - The yellowish green colour on the ground when terrain tools are active, which I suppose is meant to be helpful in some way, but it's really not, it just makes it harder for me to see what I'm doing until I turn the tools off. Also, lots that were edited with terrain tools stand out horribly on the map, can we do something about that?
    - Curtains with collision.

Other things I wouldn't remove entirely, but tone down:
    - The Eco Lifestyle fabricator's shenanigans.
    - Sims pranking public toilets.
    - Persistent idle animations. When I send a sim somewhere, I expect them to drop everything and do as they're told, not waste time finishing the weird dance they just started out of boredom, especially if they're a vampire out in the sun.
    - Bad weather in Seasons. Every place that isn't a desert gets way too much rain, and thunderstorms, too, are not nearly as frequent in real life as the game portrays them, at least not everywhere in the world.
    - The "Emotionally Mindful" moddlet from Snowy Escape. I'm not talking about the +10 Fine moodlet that lets you choose any emotion you want, but its +4 little brother that comes up way too often and tends to overpower everything else. One of the activities that cause it is painting of all things, where any emotion is more useful than "mindfulness".
    - Accessories on randomly generated townies. It's excessive, and the generator seems to be programmed to favour cc items, which makes it even worse. Actually, townies in general. Can the game please generate less of them?
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,034 Member
    * NPC sims standing in large groups chatting away in the middle of locations where such behaviour isn't common (restaurants, cafés, retail shops, saunas, museums...). Go do what people normally do in those places instead! Eat, chat while sitting around a table, go look at art...
    * Hats, accessories and make up on NPCs. Just no! I'll give them accessories and hats if I want them to have it.
    * Odd walk styles (or at least stop randomly generating them, let me choose them if I want them).

Lessen:
    * Odd hair color on NPCs (How many people with bright pink hair do you know in real life? And why does all my dark skinned NPCs sport beach blond hair?)
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    OMG! Every single thing you all have posted is (and has been) serious pet peeves with this version!

Please, please, PLEEEEAAASEEEE Devs, really take into consideration everything that was posted here!

I will post some of my own "wish it were gone or toned down"

The constant need for sims to chat to EVERY OTHER SIM regardless of their traits, ie: Loner sims are .... you know "loners"? They don't want to socialize, but the DO want to in TS4!

The immediate invitation time/date .... that's unrealistic, seriously! If you get invited out to meet someone, they don't expect you to walk out the door in 2 seconds! Let us confirm a time (or day even) ... "Let's meet in an hour, I need to shower or finish my job task", "Let's get together tomorrow for lunch" etc. Make it make sense!
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I know everyone plays the Sims differently so these suggestions may not apply to your situation but in my game there are always some things I'd prefer they not have in and at the moment two things are grinding my gears.
    #1 - You ask another sim out on a date but why can't you select the venue? I think it's bonkers that the game just sends you and your date to some place and it might be a good location or maybe it'll blow. You should have the option of picking.
    #2 - Get rid of that animation when you have a clean house sims will stop whatever they are doing and take a deep breath and it becoming really annoying over time. Once is fine. Maybe the first time a sim enters a house is OK but if they've been in it all day there is no reason they climb the stairs and then STOP in their steps and do the whole deep inhale thing while other sims are right behind them. I know the other sims will pass through them like ghosts but that doesn't make the game more enjoyable either.
    If they call you then you can't pick. But if you call them for a date you can pick.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Most animations involving the phone. Yes, most people have a mobile phone these days. They existed even in Sims 2. However, not even every youth is constantly snapping photos to post on social media! So, yeah, hate the Ask To Be Boy/Girlfriend animation and more.

Remove the randomly generated nonessential townies from my game. They don't make my game feel lively or full, they are a chore I have to complete every so often to purge them. Why this isn't a toggle I will never understand. If I need a maid, make one. Fine. But why do I need five random families stalking the neighborhood, too? I've complained about this since launch.

This is cheap, but also please just remove the bugs.
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited April 2022
    Oh yes, stop all those phone calls about "should I get to know this sim or that sim". I don't really care. They always have a good time so I just tell them to go out and have a ball. Do I have no bad sims in my game that would give them a rotten time?

How come on dates too, if you are invited on a date YOU end up picking up the tab? Shouldn't that be handled by the person that invites you?
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Not exactly removed, but I think being able to turn off having all the worlds being intergrated would be nice, from my new player perspective.

It's weird trying to figure out who and who isn't a local when I've got Sims like Don Lothario in San Myshuno, and Mortimer Goth inviting me to some place in Strangerville to hang out. It would just be nice to get to learn the residents for that place first before seeing everyone from everywhere. It's like having Pollination Tech#9 Smith walk past your house in Veronaville on the TS2.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited April 2022
    Randomized townies
    I'm just so tired of them flooding my save every dang time i hit play button

at least add toggle so i can disable it

also the i heard you're friends with your child phone calls
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    Not exactly removed, but I think being able to turn off having all the worlds being intergrated would be nice, from my new player perspective.

It's weird trying to figure out who and who isn't a local when I've got Sims like Don Lothario in San Myshuno, and Mortimer Goth inviting me to some place in Strangerville to hang out. It would just be nice to get to learn the residents for that place first before seeing everyone from everywhere. It's like having Pollination Tech#9 Smith walk past your house in Veronaville on the TS2.

i agree with this post not fully remove or tone down but add toggles to give players more control on what they went to see like as a non supernatural (occult) type of players i would have them turn off in game but for players that are with toggles they could set up how much time they show up in there game that way its a win win situation for all players as it would give more control to the player in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2022
    And people wonder why I kill Sims. :p All of the above posts and probably more things need to be removed that annoy me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    edited April 2022
    Great suggestions. I'm not holding my breath that they'll be implemented in Sims 4 but hopefully they'll be taken into consideration for the next Sims game.

Edited to add:
    Random Sims wandering around the neighborhood. I only want to see my household members out and about and occupying NPC roles.
  • QuasiattractorQuasiattractor Posts: 17 Member
    I was reading comments and would just like to add that many of our complaints are because a large number of us are mature gamers who use logic and look for that logic in our sim's interactions and those things that act on our sims as well.
    I also don't understand why a fresh new look means that we have to see on our opening page comments like, "Oh no, what have your sims been up to while you've been gone!?" I find that really really hard to deal with. Maybe, over time, we'll see more mature comments and intellectually stimulating interactions. I know that not everyone agrees, but I know I'm not alone. Happy gaming, everyone.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    It Begins
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • enskijenskij Posts: 31 Member
    They really need to do something about the phone calls, because sometimes my sim gets like 7 phone calls a day back to back and from the same person/people! Also don't know if this is a Sulani issue or what, but sims walking by will just use my house like a community lot. All. The. Time. They sleep in my bed, use my computer and eat my food and I don't even know them! Makes me extremely frustrated every single time.
    Just your average Finnish simmer
    ☆ she/her ☆
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    NPC sims initiating conversations with your sims. If not taking that out completely, just tone it down. When I have sims out on a date or a group outing with friends, I do not want random NPC's constantly locking onto my sims and butting in on their good time. And I've also had moments where an NPC sim will be, like, a block away and have locked onto my sim. Or when my sims went to Granite Falls and other sims would initiate a conversation with my sims from, like, half a zone away and stop them in their tracks while they were walking somewhere. It's annoying. They need to either tone down or shut down that feature.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    EA, please take out:
    - dust smell animation
    - sharing is caring NAP
    - Sims getting up from the table to hug each other
    - water drinking

Please make optional:
    - death notification phone calls
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Freedom for NPCs to go in whatever world they please.
    edited June 2022
    since this topic is back i shall add situational outfits to pls remove or add toggle to disable list

I don't particularily want to see my sims in anything ive not assigned them in first place

and its always so out of character
    like every dang time Geoffrey Landgraab walks past my sims house he gains new piercing

goodness whats going on Geoffrey
    do you want to talk about it
    oh nono don't put the snowgoggles on Geoffrey
    look me into eyes and tell me exactly whats going on with you lately
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    edited June 2022
    also from bug perspective only: umbrellas

like sure it sounds like fun thing to have until its constantly glitching absolutely everything your sims ever do and theres no way to disable them all because of something thats just literally... umbrellas

yeah okay more like fix them umbrellas pls note but still i mean it would surely solve the worst issues to just be able to toggle them off
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited June 2022
    The constant should I have a baby phone call
    Sims constantly monopolising the dance mats to do their show off dances and everyone stops what's in their queue to watch it
    Other sims rushing to the bar to steal drinks you have ordered
    Musical chairs
    The constant lump of clay appearing and everyone just HAS to play with it , ( even had it spawn in the ocean in Sulani and everyone trying to get to it to play with it )
    Non stop spawning of ear buds

Other thing i would suggest is like Sims 2 once past midnight any sims asleep stay asleep until 6 am
    The ability to turn off the warning that people are going to work in an hour and do i want to send them or have them work from home
    I also agree with being able to turn off umbrellas totally in my saves