Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Didn't they say they heard the occult players...

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    @Elliandre, there's a few different options.

The NPCC mod can do it as a one-stop shop where just one mod both stops the random spawning and lets you assign the various jobs to existing sims. The main problem with NPCC though is that unless you are patreon subscriber to the mod creator you could have to wait quite a while to get a properly working version after any game update that breaks it.

Another option is to install two mods by Zero, one that stops them from spawning and another which lets you assign roles:
    Zero's No Random Townies
    Zero's Assign NPC Roles

The main problem with this solution is it can be a pain to try to find the most recent updates for Zero's mods if you don't just check the patreon page regularly as there's no master post with links and the website which is maintained for Zero's mods doesn't get updated with new links regularly either. For example, the link for "NO Random Townies" is the main download for it, but there's also an update "here" which you only find if you page down through his patreon until you locate it.

I use Zero's Assign NPC roles mod and can attest that it works great. I do not use the No Random Townies mod though, as it touches far too many tuning files for my tastes. An alternative to that one is also available from various other modders. Bienchen, for example, has a similiar set of mods.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @Stormkeep Thank you! I will look those up too :smile:
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    @Elliandre, you may want to just ask Bienchen over in her mod thread here in the forums. I am pretty sure I've seen her state that she doesn't like random townies filling roles in her games either and she'd have a better understanding of which combination of her mods can give you that result.
    Her thread is here.

For my own personal play, while I do use Zeros mod for assigning NPC roles to existing sims, I also actually like some random additions regularly being added to my game. That's the reason I use the one for assigning jobs/roles, but not anything to stop the random element entirely. I like to see what sims MCCC pulls out of my tray. :lol:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    @halloweenchild Oh wow, that sounds crazy. I didn't actually play Sims 3. Yeah toggles would definitely be needed so that the world didn't get overwhelmed with new supernatural Sims, just like with the babies and pet adoptions, but also I think frequency settings. I don't really like the random NPC's anyway so I leave them out of my saved Sims in the library. Maybe they should be left out of the gameplay since like you mentioned they are usually doing some job I think. They spawn randomly sometimes as supernatural Sims though. I get some aliens and vampires, but not many. I was thinking more my own Sims, because I have quite a lot from the Maxis gallery and fill the worlds with them.

Yeah, it was nuts, it was pretty annoying too because my sims would keep getting notifications like "Sam just became friends with the vampire Thomas, Sam better watch his neck around his newfound friend," legit the night after meeting Thomas who had been a human sim when they met, they would then get another notification the next day saying that "Sam is friends with Thomas the 1-star celeb, Sam is moving on up in the world." etc, repeat ad nausum for every NPC acquaintance and family member until there were no human sims left.
    It's funny in hindsight, but I still get feelings of suppressed rage when I stop and think about it. :neutral:

The only time I really interact or use NPC's is when I give them makeovers because they always dress as though they fell blindly into a secondhand clothing shop and just walked out with whatever they happened to fall into. Though, sometimes I will make my own NPC's, because why the heck not? Lol.

It sounds like you were using NRaas Story Progression. You could turn off the notices. EA Story Progression didn't have those notices.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    @halloweenchild Can you make your own NPC's take up jobs so that no new ones are spawned on lots anymore when you visit? I try to edit mine, but it gets exhausting because new ones spawn all the time.

In the sims 3? Yeah, I did that from time to time, but it didn't stop the story progression from deciding it was time for NPCs to become a vampire/celeb/showtime performers etc.

Oh I meant in Sims 4. I don't think you can do that in Sims 4 unfortunately. It would be nice though.

Oh yeah, I'm always making sims to join careers and the like since I have a bug that stops townies from being generated to fill out co-worker spots. Which is annoying, cause even tho my sims hardly know anyone, other than their families, they still get the "people person" lifestyle. lol
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    edited April 2022
    Felicity wrote: »
    @halloweenchild Oh wow, that sounds crazy. I didn't actually play Sims 3. Yeah toggles would definitely be needed so that the world didn't get overwhelmed with new supernatural Sims, just like with the babies and pet adoptions, but also I think frequency settings. I don't really like the random NPC's anyway so I leave them out of my saved Sims in the library. Maybe they should be left out of the gameplay since like you mentioned they are usually doing some job I think. They spawn randomly sometimes as supernatural Sims though. I get some aliens and vampires, but not many. I was thinking more my own Sims, because I have quite a lot from the Maxis gallery and fill the worlds with them.

Yeah, it was nuts, it was pretty annoying too because my sims would keep getting notifications like "Sam just became friends with the vampire Thomas, Sam better watch his neck around his newfound friend," legit the night after meeting Thomas who had been a human sim when they met, they would then get another notification the next day saying that "Sam is friends with Thomas the 1-star celeb, Sam is moving on up in the world." etc, repeat ad nausum for every NPC acquaintance and family member until there were no human sims left.
    It's funny in hindsight, but I still get feelings of suppressed rage when I stop and think about it. :neutral:

The only time I really interact or use NPC's is when I give them makeovers because they always dress as though they fell blindly into a secondhand clothing shop and just walked out with whatever they happened to fall into. Though, sometimes I will make my own NPC's, because why the heck not? Lol.

It sounds like you were using NRaas Story Progression. You could turn off the notices. EA Story Progression didn't have those notices.

I actually didn't use mods until TS4, my Sims 3 was vanilla as could be. Outside of accidentally downloading CC from the shared sims in the gallery. :-/

And yeah, TS3 did have those notifications. I'd always get notified, when my sims would befriend celebs and vampires and other occults.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    @halloweenchild same here. Didn't really use mods till sims 4.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    JestTru wrote: »
    @halloweenchild same here. Didn't really use mods till sims 4.

I would use mods... If I could. Sadly we console players (especially those of us who are in it for the supernatural aspects) just have to hope for Maxis to release good packs... Which is growing exceedingly rare. :/
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    Yes , they said it but I don’t think they’ll do it.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    So ready to Go Wild!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    My fake werewolves (Spellcasters/Vampires) are so ready to be actual Werewolves. ;):pB)
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    Have you heard of the #JusticeForOccults hashtag? Let’s use it more and make the devs notice it! :)
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited May 2022
    #justiceforfairies
    #justiceforaliens
    #justiceformermaids

Edit: #justiceforplantsims
    Post edited by GracieO312 on
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    With the teaser for the new packs coming out, it looks like we might be getting Werewolves. Is it #justiceforoccults at last!
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

Cautiously optimistic about the new pack, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Cautiously optimistic about the new pack, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

Same. Im not gonna join the werewolf hype train until an announcement comes out confirming werewolves once and for all. I know better than to get excited for a pack with a theme that could be about anything. Plus with how My Wedding DISASTERS released at launch, I can't risk a day one buy if all the pack is gonna do is set my pc on fire.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'm excited for a Werewolf pack but at the same time I'm being realistic. If it is, I know it won't have all the things I'd love to see, and if it's not, then I'll just sigh, cuss a little and move on. So, I guess I'm optimistic with a big dose of caution on the side.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    I'm excited for a Werewolf pack but at the same time I'm being realistic. If it is, I know it won't have all the things I'd love to see, and if it's not, then I'll just sigh, cuss a little and move on. So, I guess I'm optimistic with a big dose of caution on the side.

Heh, that's about where I am at the moment. I hope for something awesome, but I find it hard to let go of the many previous disappointments I've had regarding new packs for this game. So cautiously optimistic might come close to describing me about a werewolf pack right now.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    I can't help it, I'm already kinda on the 'oh please let it be so, I'm so happy!' hype train. As an occult player I sort of feel like a person dying of thirst in the desert and someone's just offered me the mere idea that I might be getting some water. I am prepared for disappointment, but the excitement is also real.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I'm so ready for werewolf's also.. I even have a name I want to start Silver Wolf... he'll be my first werewolf...other then the name I haven't come up with his story..
    I'm so ready for werewolf's also.. I even have a name I want to start Silver Wolf... he'll be my first werewolf...other then the name I haven't come up with his story..

@honeypooh1267 Silver Wolf is a great name for a Werewolf!!
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I wonder how elderly Werewolves will act, considering the elders with their constant backproblems. Will it run slower, die from the act of running or...
    Peral wrote: »
    I wonder how elderly Werewolves will act, considering the elders with their constant backproblems. Will it run slower, die from the act of running or...

@peral I almost spit out my drink when I read that! Oh, how great it would be to have a werewolf die from overexertion while chasing a sim! And a werewolf staggering around clutching at their back while trying to howl would be hilarious!
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I wonder how the werewolves will look?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    I'm definitely hoping that werewolves will be at least as customizable as mermaids, but would prefer something more versatile so we could possibly make things like kitsune/kumiho.

If nothing else, a few different fur patterns to make different tribes/clans/whatnot. The painting from cats and dogs would be even more amazing and is already in, though...

This is all appearance stuff, of course. I'd love them to be like vampires/casters in ways to customize powers and such but can't even really think of a lot of options for this without digging into the various things like white wolf's werewolf games (which i'll likely draw some inspiration from, anyway, when making different households and clubs. Just like i did with my vampires)