Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring 2022 Roadmap Revealed!

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited May 2022
    Everyone: *excited for werewolves*
    The Werewolves:
    801v88nxow731.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=904a1f8ef68375a1425049dc271c6fcd47e1f1f6
    Yes Annie Howell, you are the nightbeast and you shall be created
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2022
    I have been saying I think something dating related that involved a dating app was coming since the Ring Ring girl popped up. I still think that is possible but I dunno. Here are my thoughts.
    • Kit one is a dating app (Ring ring girl, a couple romance tweets, and the hearts on the TV today are my reasoning).
      That said, the fact it is just a kit and called Chic Nights Out, make me worry it is just more CAS... :s
    • Kit two is an outdoors kit probably just cas and buy items (Because of the Outdoor Retreat tweet and backyard imagery in the video).
    • And the pack is werewolves (I mean full moon, monster creeper shadow, Glimmer Brook tweet).
    There have been hints for all of these things in the last few weeks.
    If Chic Nights IS a dating related, I just want it to bring an attraction system! But being it is a kit, I don't have my hopes on it. :/
    I really would have preferred fairies to werewolves personally, but I am interested to see what it involves.
    EDIT: It also occurs to me that even if the Chic Kit is just CAS, a dating app could be a free update. We have gotten a few of those..
    Post edited by Chaotic_Moira on
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Camping ?? Cosy nights out then!!

“Cozy nights in” implies inside so they phrased it badly then.

Also we already have a lot of outdoors stuff, a bedroom kit would have been more useful.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Cozy Camping? Huh? that does sound quite different to what I thought they mean by cozy nights in

now I'm just confusion
    glamping?

I read somewhere that the kit is "backyard" related, so maybe it's like kids go camping in the backyard or garden alone? I guess most of us disd that as kids, don't really need to travel far to get the excitement. (Especially not if you also add the werewolf pack, muha! :)

I've seen plenty of cases of bad translations on previous sims packs, titles even. I'm not in Germany, but I guess translations are not always exact. In Europe I guess camping would still be camping even if taking place in your garden, while in U>s perhaps it's indicated that you travel?

The translations were never exactly off, like for example:

Get together = Zeit für Freunde (time for friends)
    Cottage Living = Landhausleben (countryside home living)
    Eco Living = Nachhaltig leben (sustainable living)
    Knifty Knitting = Schick mit Strick (Fancy with Knitwear)
    Parenthood = Elternfreuden (Parent Pleasures)

Dear watcher not the Parent Pleasures :lol:
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited May 2022
    I’m happy for those who wanted werewolves, but I’m not interested in them, personally, so this roadmap is disappointing to me. I’m not even get my hopes up for the kits, lol.
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited May 2022
    Well, I said I'd be back if they did Werewolves and I have to agree that this seems Werewolf related. I'll hold my breath until we get a trailer, but I am tempted to join the hype train. It's just, I am a little worried that instead of truly fearsome and fun Werewolves (or something close), we'll get something underwhelming or too safe or... absurd. But Vampires were done really well, so we'll see. Assuming it is actually Werewolves and assuming they can do to Werewolves what they did to Vampires.

It is disheartening that an Expansion still hasn't been announced, though. I thought they said Kits don't affect how long it takes to release content? It certainly seems that way to me.
    Post edited by LJK on
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Knifty Knitting = Schick mit Strick (Fancy with Knitwear)

From now on, I will only be referring to this pack as Fancy with Knitwear.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    It says "cozy camping" in German? If it's a camping kit then I really hope we are getting a sleeping bag.
    I hope for a campfire with a rotatable stick with meat, or a pot over it. I'd love for my outdoors, off-the-grid Sims to cook soup, stew etc, etc.

@NightwalkerArkanis Yes! Roasting some meat over an open flame or cooking a big pot of soup/stew on the camping firepit would be amazing. I wish they added that. I'd like more drinks and snacks added to the camping cooler too.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The Spring Roadmap gives me a Late Night/Master Suite/Supernatual vibe. ;)
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    My guess:

Chic Nights Out: Nightlife/party wear kit, typical (might include some dating stuff? preferences/turn ons?)
    Cozy Nights In: slumber party kit. the two kids give it away
    Go Wild: werewolves definitely but I believe there may be a second occult added if there isn't a new world.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited May 2022
    It has to be werewolves. How bad would the gamers reaction be if it wasn't when they tease like this... :#
    I don't even care about werewolves that much myself, but I would feel really bad for the ones who do if the game pack turned out to be something completely different and not that ineresting. I'll keep my fingers crossed for werewolves fans.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    The gamepack is definitely Werewolves! I noticed something suspicious about the plumbbob in one of the images and took a closer look. All I did was enlarge it a bit, bump up the contrast, sharpen and gave the vibrance a boost and look what popped out! It's clearly a Sim morphing into a Werewolf. You can see the canine nostrils (look in the middle) and the glowing eye, fur, etc. on the right side and what looks like a Sim eye on the left! Maybe someone with better photo editing skills than I have could pick it out better, if y'all want a better look, but it's clear to me anyway. What do you think? Does it look like what I think I'm seeing or just wishful thinking?
    QUMRgqa.png

Okay, I am seeing it. It seems like two faces side by side showing, on the left, his normal face and then, on the right, the transformed version with red eyes.

On the banner, on twitter, I see a few faces on there.

Omg!! I have been wanting both Werewolves and a romance/attraction system for a long time.

I think we'll be getting a gameplay kit.

And I thought the last clip with the tree looking shadow was actually a plantsim, like an actual updated plantsim. IDK
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    My guesses
    A summer/backyard stuff kit
    A 'fame' or night out kit
    I didn't get a werewolf vibe. It sounded more like a whale song and seagulls.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2022
    Why is everything broken down into chunks? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.

The fame/night out kit should be with Get Famous.

We already have two backyard stuff packs, Perfect Patio and Backyard Stuff. A kit for the backyard seems odd. Perhaps it’s bouncy castles? That would be fun. Kids and toddlers need more objects.

What else could go in the backyard that we don’t have? 🤷🏼‍♂️

The game pack definitely has werewolf vibes with the full moon and the howling. Sadly though they’ve come too late for me to get excited about.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I am totally fine with the GP being werewolves because I know many people are excited about it. So that's finally something people have been asking for, so that's okay with me! I am happy it's something people are excited about and not something no one wanted.

I am a bit sad though that there is nothing for us family players. :( Why does it always have to be one or the other?

Thank you for being so considerate and happy for the occult players! <3

I wasn't so considerate in my earlier forum days, haha, you should have read the fights I had with occult players about 2-3 years ago about which type of content is more needed and which isn't!

But then I started to read occult stories you guys post and got to know some of you better. I realized we're not so different after all and it's totally stupid to fight with each other, as we should be enjoying the game together. :)
  • GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited May 2022

Taking a cue from telemwill’s post here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18104606/#Comment_18104606,
    I thought it would be fun to see how they’d opted to translate the text in my language.

Translating it back into English, it goes something like this:
    EXPERIENCE THE NIGHT
    It’s not until the sun sets that the fun really begins. Whether you’re going on an exciting date, creating memories in your own backyard or have plans of growing fangs, this is the season to stay up late.
    Chic night in town - Cozy nights at home - Go wild
    (- sort of, except that the additional connotations that “wild” holds doesn’t quite carry over, but translating it back into English “go wild” still works best).

I’ve highlighted the part that differs from English the most. Any other translations into other languages that might give further hints about the upcoming content?
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I don't care about kits and will never buy them.

That little flash after the... what's that colour panel thing called? Anyway, it quickly flashes a negative image of the kiss girl, and then a negative of the moon mountains. I think those two clips are both related to the gamepack: werewolves and a new romantic chemistry system? That's what I'm hoping for anway!
    edited May 2022
    Greyling wrote: »
    or have plans of growing fangs, this is the season to stay up late.
    Oh yes I've been trying to grow my fangs sadly I also like to eat lots of sweets so its not really successful :disappointed:
    where does the staying up late come in though :innocent: Asking for a friend, ofcourse
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    I actually don't want an attraction system in a kit. If it's in a kit I don't see how it could be as well-developed as it needs to be. Attraction should be more complex and affect more aspects of sim interaction than, say, the dust system does. I also don't want it to come out in a kit and then just be broken like the dust system.
    gen3-banner.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I actually don't want an attraction system in a kit. If it's in a kit I don't see how it could be as well-developed as it needs to be. Attraction should be more complex and affect more aspects of sim interaction than, say, the dust system does. I also don't want it to come out in a kit and then just be broken like the dust system.

agreed
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

I doubt they would put smth like that behind dlc. Usually they release stuff like that for bg
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    I'm not sure what that first one might be, family picnic or something like that. The second one definitely dating and romance. And, oh yeah, throw back your head and Ah-oooooo!!!!

I'm sure I missed something because I wanted to get to the werewolf part, but what I saw doesn't look like kit ideas. Unless the first one was backyard furniture, but we already have perfect patio. The second might be less dating oriented and more romantic clothing and decor, but why release that now. Valentine's Day was almost three months ago. Nothing romantic other than an overhaul the romantic relationship model makes sense now, and that isn't really kit territory. Maybe they worked up the courage to try a gameplay kit again after the Bust The Dust mess? I'm not sure what to make of that video they posted on Twitter. Other than....

Ah-ooooo!!

• Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2022
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    And I thought the last clip with the tree looking shadow was actually a plantsim, like an actual updated plantsim. IDK

I don't think this is likely... because I want that more than werewolves and I am not that lucky.. :|

I have been wanting a good plantsim since the beginning of their existence. Pretty sure it will never happen. For some reason EA only sees them as whimsical garden fairies of fluff and light. Rather than the epic guardians of nature that they could be. Oh what I wouldn't give for some good plant fae...

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Hmm….

I am guessing the Chic Night Out is a CAS clubwear kit.

Cozy sounds like camping or glamping? If it wasn’t a kit, I would have guessed an Outdoor Retreat refresh instead. Or maybe it could be sleepover CAS wear?

The Wild one has to be werewolves, if you included the night time moon scene and the street area with the shadows scene. If it wasn’t for the moon and shadow scenes, I would have thought it would have been a Nightlife-like pack.

I do hope it’s werewolves, so that there can be more occults added, and there hasn’t been enough occult content in a long while. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    purple=kit, blue=Game Pack

seizethenight-2048x990.jpg
    gen3-banner.png
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited May 2022
    purple=kit, blue=Game Pack

seizethenight-2048x990.jpg
    Thanks for the clarification! :smile: 👍

So, for the kits, most likely: clubwear or romantic outfits and then sleepover outfits pajamas and/or maybe lingerie. Or, if we go by the translations, it could be something to do with glamping or sleeping bags, etc.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)