Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Difference between "Small Dog" and "Large Dog"

Can you tell me difference in gameplay with small or large dogs? I can't get the hang of it.
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Comments

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    What do you mean? Don't all the small and large breeds have the same gameplay? They can all learn the same tricks as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    edited May 2022
    From my experience, small dogs and large dogs aren't too different in the game, it's mostly just about what type of dog you're looking for. The biggest things I can think of in regards to differences would be the different sized beds that are available for them and they might have several different outfits available in Create-A-Pet for their sizes, and that sims are able to pick up and carry small dogs and not large ones. I'm sure there are several other slight differences I'm missing, but you can probably find more information online somewhere. Hope this helps!

I just remembered that cats can also jump on counters and eat food that the sims left sitting out and they can scratch up your furniture. Both of these things can be reprimanded and you can teach the cats not to do so. Large dogs can also drink out of the toilet and you can teach them not to do that as well. These are just some extra things I remembered that I haven't noticed anyone else mention (if they did already, I apologize).
    Post edited by LuckySimmer10 on
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Big dog hogs the sofa and barks at the door when there are visitors.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Little dogs can go under the sofa and you can pick them up.
    There may me more but I rarely play with pets due to them taking up a household slot
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Not much really. Small dogs can go under couches and beds, larger dogs can't. Since the bark is set in cas to what you prefer there's endless bark options to make a small dogs bark match that of a big dog of wanted and vice versa. I don't notice many differences in behavior because they really do tend to operate by traits and quirks rather than size or breed.

Sizes would change how much room they take up on furniture or bed size. Size doesn't seem to matter much to the gp.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Is there a difference in how quickly they empty their food dish? I'd assume large dogs eat more/cost more, but I never checked in game.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I prefer playing with big dogs because I think the size of small dogs isn’t always accurate. Take Shibas for instance, they appear much smaller in the game than in reality. Same for Cockers.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,566 Member
    edited May 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Big dog hogs the sofa and barks at the door when there are visitors.

That reminds me of my Black Labrador Retriever. Beautiful dog with a great personality; friendly, good with kids. But she was a sofa-Hog. I would sit on one side of the 'love seat' watching TV. I'm not one to move around to another seat, I just change my position. However, Brandy would get it in her mind, she wanted to sit where I was sitting. She would gently nudge me. until she would end up squeezing her 70 pounds behind me and steal my seat! I would eventually get up and take the opposite side. She would be content for awhile, but then the whole thing would start over until she was back where she started. This would go on all evening until I finally retired for the night. Hubby was in the Navy and he had Watch every so many nights. So, it was just the dog and me. If I dared to sleep in, since hubby wouldn't be home until regular time the next day, I'd get a similar treatment. First one large paw on the edge of the bed, followed by the second paw, then her head would rear up and I was pestered until I got up. I couldn't simply open the door to let her out. We lived on Stretch Island, in a single-width trailer and there was no fencing. I had to get up, dress, and leash her for a walk. There IS no sleeping-in in my life. LOL

To the OP, I don't play pets much anymore because they do take up a much-needed slot. But. I haven't experienced much of a difference beyond what's already been stated.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    @Simmerville no the food depletes the same unless you have a glutton pet and don't have a set timer food bowl. They'll get hungry faster. The potties are even the same size so it's still by quirks and traits and really not a whole lot by size.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Bigger dogs can stand on their hind legs with their front paws on the counters, smaller dogs can't.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack